Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

Its gonna be a lottery system to determine who gets to buy the new plots, please enjoy

While not a "solution", I'll take game-sanctioned randomness over the frustration of a lobby error message followed by a crash to desktop because that seems logical to code in a game.

slev posted:

Make housing require a high feast rank

Make special wards that require certain achievements like the one you suggested. There's the PVP Ward, the Raider's Ward, and so on. And then use that system as an excuse to create a special ward that requires all of these:

quote:

If you guys are looking into how Shirogane houses should be sold fairly, do this: set a criteria who can buy plot:

Large plot: only players who have reached lv70 in all jobs can buy
Medium plot: only players who have reached lv70 in all non-combat job and at least 8 combat jobs, can buy
Small plot: only players who have reached lv70 in all DoL jobs and at least 4 combat jobs, can buy

Plus whatever very specific and time-gated requirement whoever posted that suggestion doesn't have. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rap battle tourney bracket for the right to buy.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Rap battle tourney bracket for the right to buy.

Make a special ward for ex-contest winners and this would already be possible because of the music contests.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Every housing plot is owned king-of-the-hill style. If you want to keep your plot, you gotta fight for it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
All Saint's Wake glamour previews: https://imgur.com/a/5Z3dp

They're going with "Sexy Halloween" this year.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Keep ARR hunts permanently relevant by charging allied seals as daily lot rent.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Viera confirmed.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

a kitten posted:

Viera confirmed.

Obviously this is a test for Viera foot structure.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Kortel posted:

Obviously this is a test for Viera foot structure.

It's not exactly the same thing, but the BLM PvP gear has weird animal feet too

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Mordiceius posted:

Weak. Want my Bloodborne crossover, SE.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Brainamp posted:

Weak. Want my Bloodborne crossover, SE.

That was last year.

The main things SE needs to do about housing are make them account bound and unique and then figure out a way to add more of them as needed.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
The whole 24 man feels like a lead up to Viera being added.

Also spoilers for the end of the 24 man I know this is supposed to be a fun side thing but this seems to be leading up to finding out that the events of fft, ff12 etc are all canon to our world. We're Ivalice now boys. Viera had to have existed at some point then.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Renegret posted:

My favorite part of squads is that I can sick them on 2 packs at a time, then alt tab and do something else while they get me free XP. It almost makes up the frustration of them running out of the boss arena or standing in the bad.

I've done the whole final stretch of Wanderers Palace, between the second and third bosses, in one pull with my squad. I didn't alt tab but I probably could have once everything was neatly rounded up. I was running gladiator, conjurer, and arcanist squad members. Arcanists just poo poo out shadow flares btw. They've gotta have close to a 100% uptime, defying the changes to the player version. They also really love to use Bane, so dots will be on everything for all eternity.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if they add viera over nu mou or moogle i'm going to F*cking Riot

e: or seeq or bangaa or even gria or the weird angel people from that DS game no one but me played

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Countblanc posted:

e: or seeq or bangaa or even gria or the weird angel people from that DS game no one but me played

...the angels were Viera. Gria are basically winged Au Ra.
I want Viera but I would be down for Bangaa.

Edit: Oh you meant the Aegil. Winged Humes woo.

Kortel fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 12, 2017

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Countblanc posted:

I will take nu mou only if they're the FFTA Eeyore Nu Mou

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I love the FFT moogles. I'd totally play one.

You think they'll have male Viera too?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Jinh posted:

The whole 24 man feels like a lead up to Viera being added.

Also spoilers for the end of the 24 man I know this is supposed to be a fun side thing but this seems to be leading up to finding out that the events of fft, ff12 etc are all canon to our world. We're Ivalice now boys. Viera had to have existed at some point then.

Well. When the Archadian Garlean Empire invaded, they wiped out the ruling dynasty. So a rough analogue for the events of FF12 has basically been nipped in the bud because Ashe is dead. That said, I'd love it if 5.0 had us going around and helping more places free themselves of the Garlean yoke, and it wouldn't be difficult to just stick in not-Ashe and have her say that rumors of her death were exaggerated.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhonne posted:

I love the FFT moogles. I'd totally play one.

You think they'll have male Viera too?

They were originally planning to have Viera ingame before moving to au ra, here's concept art of male Viera

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Thumbtacks posted:

"Please note that any illicit data in the character's appearance will be set to default."

Aw dammit that's what it was

This ban has been lifted (if you weren't one of the people who were arbitrarily permabanned for it instead of a 32h slap on the wrist), but if you had some goofy heterochromia/highlights with any of the outside palette colors, their "set to default" thing didn't work properly for that (hooray for clone byte values) and you'll need to fantasia completely and re-make your eyes/hair to fix your character, otherwise you wont be allowed to use the aesthetician and the character creator itself will get extremely angry at you if you ever try to make any other changes.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 12, 2017

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Argas posted:

Well. When the Archadian Garlean Empire invaded, they wiped out the ruling dynasty. So a rough analogue for the events of FF12 has basically been nipped in the bud because Ashe is dead.

Ok, my assumption had been that the events of all the other games happened hundreds of years before our current time, so long ago that they had passed into legend and we're uncovering that it all really happened as we go through the this. I've always been awful with dates and time lines though so you may be right, this could just be a big reference without going all in.

I also didn't read the thread when the patch dropped and people were talking about it so I might have missed a discussion in here. It moves fast :v:

Man... I'd just be thrilled to find out, as a sweaty lore nerd, that we're canonically playing an Ivalice alliance game.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 12, 2017

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Jinh posted:

Ok, my assumption had been that the events of all the other games happened hundreds of years before our current time, so long ago that they had passed into legend and we're uncovering that it all really happened as we go through the this. I've always been awful with dates and time lines though so you may be right, this could just be a big reference without going all in.

I also didn't read the thread when the patch dropped and people were talking about it so I might have missed a discussion in here. It moves fast :v:

Man... I'd just be thrilled to find out, as a sweaty lore nerd, that we're canonically playing an Ivalice alliance game.

It is literally impossible for this to be same world as FFT and FF12 for one other, quite simple, reason. The timeline has been reversed. In the actual Ivalice, FFT took place long after FF12.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Jinh posted:

They were originally planning to have Viera ingame before moving to au ra, here's concept art of male Viera

Not gonna lie, for all the light hearted poo poo I give catgirls I would play a buff bunny

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Eopia posted:

It is literally impossible for this to be same world as FFT and FF12 for one other, quite simple, reason. The timeline has been reversed. In the actual Ivalice, FFT took place long after FF12.
There are lots of other good arguments for why it might not be, but this one isn't super compelling tbh. The connection between FFT/12 is kinda tenuous as is and who knows if Matsuno even gives a poo poo about that stuff.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Not gonna lie, for all the light hearted poo poo I give catgirls I would play a buff bunny

Same, that might have gotten me to move off of giraffe.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yeah, I kind of wanna play a bunny boy too.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

homeless snail posted:

There are lots of other good arguments for why it might not be, but this one isn't super compelling tbh. The connection between FFT/12 is kinda tenuous as is and who knows if Matsuno even gives a poo poo about that stuff.

Same, I've always held that the common theory had it backwards (because crazy amounts of time can change anything regardless of calamity) more because 12 came after Tactics and thus has to be built upon it :v:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Jinh posted:

I will now buy your game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think the timeline someone posted a while back says that st ajora is contemporaneous just further west than the activities of 12.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bunny boy dragoon for maximum hop

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think the Viera would find the bunny outfits from the Golden Saucer offensive?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Rhonne posted:

Do you think the Viera would find the bunny outfits from the Golden Saucer offensive?

Kind of like Miquotes find the association with house cats offensive even though science backs it up? God I love the lore book

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the bunnygirl costume is basically the equivalent of a "sexy [thing]" halloween costume, now imagine one of those but like "sexy hispanic" so yes it would probably be pretty offensive

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Jinh posted:

The short answer is that as with most FF references in XIV, the Ivalice stuff is worked in to be a natural part of XIV's setting. The tale of the zodiac braves was the mythic inspiration for the original line of Relic weapons, as well as being different assemblies of heroes through the ages, with Delita and the FFT crew being relevant with the Ivalice stuff right now. It's like how Xande and other FF3 stuff was welded into the Allagan Empire stuff with the CT raids. However, given that Dalmasca is a present-day thing rather than an ancient remnant, I could see more FF12 stuff later on in 4.x (outside of the Ivalice raids) or even 5.0. However, I would not expect too much of FF12's storyline to make it over intact, given that Rabanastre is basically an abandoned ruin, initially devastated when the Garleans punished the Dalmascans for rebelling and now populated by FF12 espers. There's still room for Dalmasca in the future, just in bits and pieces rather than a more intact adaptation.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Spoilered for the discussion going on:

I really like how they are starting to connect this to FFT. I enjoy the little nods to past games etc, but to have the world be one continuation of another series of games is pretty cool. I am surprised they went with Ivalice though and not try to tie it into say FF13 or 15.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Countblanc posted:

the bunnygirl costume is basically the equivalent of a "sexy [thing]" halloween costume, now imagine one of those but like "sexy hispanic" so yes it would probably be pretty offensive

Nah, it's both less sexualized and less racist than an awful lot of Sexy Whatever costumes to be honest. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a sexy Hispanic costume hiding in a Halloween Outlet somewhere, there's certainly a lot of Sexy Indians (in both uses of the word Indian) costumes among other things.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Kind of like Miquotes find the association with house cats offensive even though science backs it up? God I love the lore book

On this note, Elezen are descended from Dhalmels and not giraffes, and Lalafell are popotoes, not potatoes. Get it straight, FC chat racists.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Anyone know what ever happened to Big Pizza?

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Argas posted:

The short answer is that as with most FF references in XIV, There's still room for Dalmasca in the future, just in bits and pieces rather than a more intact adaptation.

oh you know, you're right and i had forgotten how far the devs take their references in the past, with taking huge chunks of ff3 content and fitting it to XIV in the first raid. I have no idea how I missed that. So I did get ahead of myself, that's ok! I'm eating up every bit of it.

The ship we take to start the quest is also loving me up in the best way, keep drip IVing me FF9 references SE, i don't mind even a little.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

Anyone know what ever happened to Big Pizza?

postmates killed it, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Why don't a lot of samurai in raids use Higanbana? DoT those massive health pool bosses, people! I kind of wish that attack you get for using Third Eye had some sort of utility on it or otherwise did a little more damage. I use it all the time but it does make kenki management a little bit harder.