Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

DICK DICER posted:

That's phase 2, I've got word out in town I found a dog now so I'll give it a day or two then escalate to that.

aw man that dog is tryin her best to say "don't leave me"

you're a stronger man than I am, I would've crumbled and already made a dog bed in the footwell of the trukk. I'm a huge sucker for dogs tho, and they know it.

e: realistically, as long as she ends up in a better situation than you found her I think everyone will feel a lot better, yourself included. there's gotta be someone who can take care of her. would it be totally out of the question to bring her for part of the trip and drop her off somewhere less awful than valentine along the way? maybe with another goon who already has a dog or something. just thinking out loud here.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I mean I feel that's likely an option if anyone along the way is willing to take her in, I'm getting more and more a vibe she got dumped so winter could take care of her. Nobody's messaging about the dog, and continue to have no leads what so ever as to a possible owner.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

People really are fuckin scum. I'd take her but I'm 2000 miles in the wrong direction unfortunately. It might be worth making a post in pet island to see if anyone is along the way and has room for one more.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
And here I was assuming the worst! Owner got ahold of me. Doggos name is Blue and she's a big dumb coon hound that likes to go on a run, direct quote. She's going home!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

:neckbeard:

Kinda curious how old she is. She looks like she's pretty far up there.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 13, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'll try to remember to ask

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Awesome!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Yay! How did he finally find you?

docbar
Nov 9, 2009

DICK DICER posted:

I'll try to remember to ask

Ask for visitation rights

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

docbar posted:

Ask for visitation rights

They're like right around the corner practically, dog was running the poor woe is me so hungry so alone hustle

....I have a feeling I will be seeing Blue again

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Yay! How did he finally find you?

Smol town

docbar
Nov 9, 2009

DICK DICER posted:

They're like right around the corner practically, dog was running the poor woe is me so hungry so alone hustle

....I have a feeling I will be seeing Blue again
Probably since shes already aquired a taste for bagels!
Hope so she looks like a good cuddle buddy

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

DICK DICER posted:

dog was running the poor woe is me so hungry so alone hustle

Rural dogs are great at this scam, I've had it happen to me a few times.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lock up your bagels or they will most certainly be raided again :v:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

There's a dog like that near me, every time he escapes he comes over to play with my dog and get treats and love. The owners don't even bother looking anymore, they just text me to make sure he's over here. I bring him back after he gets tired of wrestling with my dog, usually 20-30 minutes. He sorta looks like Blue too:

Dog visitors are the best, all of the fun with none of the responsibility!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

My cat used to do that with our neighbors. She'd eat, go over there to chill and get pets, then come home and beat us up.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lock up your bagels or they will most certainly be raided again :v:

They are actually literally locked up as we speak

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

DICK DICER posted:

They are actually literally locked up as we speak

I find you guilty of Being Delicious.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

If Blue is still there, can you give her a hug for me? :ohdear:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

DICK DICER posted:

Doggos name is Blue and she's a big dumb coon hound that likes to go on a run, direct quote.

Our Black and Tan when I was growing up usually just wandered the neighborhood making trouble, but occasionally we'd get a call from a vet 2 towns and 8 miles over saying "Welps, we found your chipped dog, come and get him."

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DarkSol posted:

If Blue is still there, can you give her a hug for me? :ohdear:

She went home already but next time my bagels run off I absolutely will

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
She was very excited to see her mommy

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

this thread just gets better every day :3:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
My dog growing up was a black lab/german shepard but mix. He was a great dog but would eat anything. He started gaining weight and was getting really fat, so we started restricted his diet. When this didn't work, we took him to the vet who prescribed special food. He continued to be fat despite this, until one day we saw him running in the street around the corner.

He ran into the nieghbor's driveway, where out 80 year old neighbor was waiting for him with a huge rear end grin on his face. HIs large rear end station wagon long disused, he was dropping bagels one by one onto the antenna for our dog to jump up and eat.

Thread relevant song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbuQDqnMebk

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My cat would go into the neighbor's house and chill every time she escaped. I learned this like FIVE YEARS IN

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just flash boiled a can of soup :hellyeah:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

My cat would go into the neighbor's house and chill every time she escaped. I learned this like FIVE YEARS IN

When I moved in here, I noticed a cat that was frequently around my apartment complex. She looked a little skinny, but was pretty skittish, I figured she was either a stray or a neighbor's.

Well... come December, and a Nextdoor post about that cat comes up from someone else in my complex. That cat was a pretty regular visitor to her building, and would try to run into her apartment. She's allergic to cats, but it was supposed to get decently cold that night (15F I think?), and she wanted to find someone to take the cat in, at least for the night, to get the cat out of the cold. I volunteered.

Cat wound up being super friendly. Took her to get checked for a chip. She had a chip, tracked down the owners....

They'd moved out of my apartment complex a year before, and the cat got out right after they moved. They'd moved a mile and a half away from here. They got reunited.

I had to alternate which cat got to roam around for the ~2 days I had her, since The Dude was having none of this new cat poo poo, and new cat had that "SAY WHAT HISS ONE MORE TIME" look on her face (she never hissed at him, but she got that look that cats get about half a second before they rip your arm open). Plus The Dude was behind on shots at the time, and I had no idea if she was carrying anything (like FIV).

Anyway, here's Izzy. She's pretty tiny, and was skin and bones under all that fur. I figured she was <1 year old... chip company said she was 4 1/2 years old. I'm kinda amazed she made it all the way over here, they're now on the other side of a large lake... with the only bridges being major roads (closest being I-30).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 13, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I Can't Believe It's Not Black Sabbath! (Tm)

https://youtu.be/wEF1iHotpsk

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Glad to see Blue is going home. I'm sad to see her go...

Speaking of which,

ExplodingSims posted:

Dave only has a week left there...

What's our time frame and plan for the truck? Does this mean that it'll be on the road in the next week?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I had the opposite, a cat I had raised from a kitten. We called him Complaint, because when he was a kitten he would not shut up. Fuckin giant grey long-hair, who once dragged home a chicken he killed - this cat killed things. And the best part, you could roll him on his back and give him belly scritches like a dog and he freaking loved it.

My parents moved and the cat vanished before they could get him in the car. I was in town the next day to find and save my damned cat and gently caress anyone who intended to stop me. I wound up finding him down the road at a 70-year-old lady's house. He would go to her house on the times he vanished from ours for three or four days. I didn't have the heart to take him with me, because he obviously enjoyed being with her and she was very lonely and the cat made her world. She kept me updated on him by email for years. He passed away just two weeks before she did, in 2007.

(Complaint's grandmother decided we were her new owners by jumping into our car at the library and refusing to get out, when I was 11.)

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

19 o'clock posted:

What's our time frame and plan for the truck? Does this mean that it'll be on the road in the next week?

I've got supplies and some kit to send out on Monday, but maybe not if they won't make it on time?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

rndmnmbr posted:

My parents moved and the cat vanished before they could get him in the car. I was in town the next day to find and save my damned cat and gently caress anyone who intended to stop me. I wound up finding him down the road at a 70-year-old lady's house. He would go to her house on the times he vanished from ours for three or four days. I didn't have the heart to take him with me, because he obviously enjoyed being with her and she was very lonely and the cat made her world. She kept me updated on him by email for years. He passed away just two weeks before she did, in 2007.

This is a good story, and you are a good person for leaving him with the old lady.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yond Cassius posted:

I've got supplies and some kit to send out on Monday, but maybe not if they won't make it on time?

As long as it arrives before close of business on the 21st.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

There's a dog like that near me, every time he escapes he comes over to play with my dog and get treats and love. The owners don't even bother looking anymore, they just text me to make sure he's over here. I bring him back after he gets tired of wrestling with my dog, usually 20-30 minutes. He sorta looks like Blue too:

Dog visitors are the best, all of the fun with none of the responsibility!

THat dog on the ground looks like he's trying to say, "come on baby, just a quick blowie".

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
morally inept parachute spotted

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

ExplodingSims posted:

Dave only has a week left there

Wait, what? Does he have somewhere to be?

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
If Trukk is going to moving under it's own power on public roads, what is the plan when the cops pull Dick over?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
they better have those fancy flippy sticks to stop the war rig

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

good dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Crotch Fruit posted:

If Trukk is going to moving under it's own power on public roads, what is the plan when the cops pull Dick over?

Whoever the gently caress owns it is flying up to the rear end in a top hat of Nebraska (soon!) to pick it up and drive it home. Owner has a driver's license. Dick hasn't a DL, and will only do donuts in DJDaddo's field when he gets it running. Y'know the OG indycars? Dave is the ride-along mechanic, in this analogy.

14" whatever, if you're reading this and it happens to be along the way, be sure to check out USS Alabama museum ship in Mobile, if you happen to be in town.

p. sure your real first name has been mentioned. Also, for those who ain't in the Facebook club, his last name is appropriately Viking-ish.)

• Locked thread