Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ofaloaf posted:

God, the idea of actually rebuilding was such an appealing concept, but sans mods all you could really end up making was like three wooden shacks and watch some vagrants lay around on alarmingly-stained cots.

This is 100% of why I keep playing this game. I would love a 'rebuilding in the post-apoc wasteland' game, and one just flatly does not exist. FO4 tries, but you can't even really clean up the goddamn dirt piles or cut down the weeds that constantly stick up through the floors.

That's without going into Bethesda's obsession with the Fallout 'aesthetic' being the goddamn SoCal desert, and having Boston (which still gets weather) being nothing but flat brown, half-naked settlers, and roofs/walls full of holes on your best available building materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land

Liquid Communism posted:

This is 100% of why I keep playing this game. I would love a 'rebuilding in the post-apoc wasteland' game, and one just flatly does not exist. FO4 tries, but you can't even really clean up the goddamn dirt piles or cut down the weeds that constantly stick up through the floors.

That's without going into Bethesda's obsession with the Fallout 'aesthetic' being the goddamn SoCal desert, and having Boston (which still gets weather) being nothing but flat brown, half-naked settlers, and roofs/walls full of holes on your best available building materials.

Scrap-Everything Mod helps a lot in that area.

Doing a fresh playtrough, with only allowing myself to fast travel between settlements/houses (Aka Sanctuary/Diamond City because I left Garvey to get shot at). Came across like 4 quests that I entirely missed before, so not fast traveling is paying off.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Absolutely 100% agreed. I mean, I sort of get what they were going for - truly rebuilding the world doesn't really fit the Fallout aesthetic. But because of that, it feels like nothing we do actually matters or makes any kind of difference. The world is poo poo and it's staying poo poo.

That's part of why I loved New Vegas so much by comparison; you couldn't build anything, but the storyline choices you made and actions you took had real, lasting, concrete effects on the world.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

New Vegas also had alot more weapons to play around with. FO4's selection is pathetically small by comparison, even with the weapon modding system, and the legendary effects were so stupid. NV's ammo system was so much cooler.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Anyone have a link to the modding thread? Having trouble finding it and I'm itching to get into the game again and maybe make some mods.

Also, is survival worth it? I'm kinda interested in starting a survival mode game and spreading my settlements across the wasteland.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Wrr posted:

Anyone have a link to the modding thread? Having trouble finding it and I'm itching to get into the game again and maybe make some mods.

Also, is survival worth it? I'm kinda interested in starting a survival mode game and spreading my settlements across the wasteland.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779393

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I love being able to set up my own settlements and personal bases in games like this, but frankly I prefer it if I have a tad fewer choices than FO4 gave. Give me some basic, big architectural templates, let me choose a couple of different iterations of various sections, and then let me fill the interior as I see fit. Basically Skyrim but with a tad more customization. If I want to put down every brick I'll fire up minecraft. Wiring my house for electricity was kind of fun the first time, but after that became a chore.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Backhand posted:

Absolutely 100% agreed. I mean, I sort of get what they were going for - truly rebuilding the world doesn't really fit the Fallout aesthetic. But because of that, it feels like nothing we do actually matters or makes any kind of difference. The world is poo poo and it's staying poo poo.

That's part of why I loved New Vegas so much by comparison; you couldn't build anything, but the storyline choices you made and actions you took had real, lasting, concrete effects on the world.

I mean, did they somehow miss the first two games?

The whole point of Fallout: The Post-Apocalyptic Roleplaying Game was that people were rebuilding. Vault City was a thing. The Hub turned into a trading center, and eventually into the NCR.

It's just Bethesda that's obsessed with '200+ years and there's still skeletons from Bomb Day lying around'.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What is with the forums lately? New pages disappearing into limbo or posts being lost leaving a perpetually unread last post (like in this thread). Stuff like this happened way less frequently before.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

It's something that's been noticed by the mods too. It seems to mostly be really large threads that are also really old. My suggestion would be to just shut down any thread that's doing it and open a new one.

Not every thread needs to be 1000+ pages and old enough that if it was a child it would be walking and talking.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, it seems like specific threads keep getting bugged out. Longer ones in particular; this and Witcher 3 are bad for me.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I created horrible, dystopian hobo-cubes, that floated freely in the air, with the food and power inside as they trawled through the dark, putrid shanty corridors I made for the hell of it.

It was pretty hilarious to watch them attacked, because Bethesda was too poo poo to make breakable walls and so any attack on it was just them angrily yelling at each other through the walls, while various turrets shot at them, then I came and finished them off

Man, those attacks were such utter gruel thin garbage too. Let's just have them randomly spawn, because of junk you have, with no way to plan, prepare or do anything proper

I mainly made lovely sleeping-bag lines, stuffing them into pre-existing structures as much as possible, and only upgraded (into real buildings, still sleeping bags :v:) when I needed/wanted better structures for my supoort contructs, like upgraded stores, more/better power sources, and backup beta-wave emitters.

Oh, and the usual turret-farms.

Santuary had, at one point, 10-12 deathclaws of various flavors, and other than some turretry and like one sentry post down by the river, no other actual defenses - I'd get the attack notice, fast-travel into my own elevated Vault-Tec luxo Overseer's office, and almost always by the time I got downstairs, all the attackers would have been eaten by giant lizards and I'd be in corpseloot mode.

Spectacle Island got the same treatment, but with more turrets due to the size of the place - they seemed to get a better class of attackers, with more Gunner/Raider power armor appearances. (I'd lost more deathclaws there, but that's what the multiple cages were for. :science:)

Now I kind of want a combination of the playable-deathclaw mod, and human-sized deathclaws, and just make Spectacle some kind of mutant horror reserve, where domesticated mini-deathclaws farm and scavenge junk... until there's an attack, and then REEEEEEEE SCREEECH <insert lots of screaming, disembowling and devouring SFX, and belching as a sign the attack is over>.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Honestly, the number one thing I'd like is a way to designate a bed as *MINE*. "No, settler, that is MY bed, get back down in your hovel bunkhouse with the rest of your worthless trash farmer brethren. Private living spaces are for EARNERS."

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Keeshhound posted:

Honestly, the number one thing I'd like is a way to designate a bed as *MINE*. "No, settler, that is MY bed, get back down in your hovel bunkhouse with the rest of your worthless trash farmer brethren. Private living spaces are for EARNERS."

I can't remember if it's Horizon or Sim Settlements, but one of them includes "personal bed" clones of existing beds that can only be used by the player and don't count towards the bed count.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You can designate your bed to a robot if you want a hacky workaround.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

MikeJF posted:

You can designate your bed to a robot if you want a hacky workaround.

Do I also need a mod for the Lover's Comfort buff? :roboluv:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

tweet my meat posted:

Honestly, I think one of the biggest flaws in the game is the lack of unique loot. Every area has basically the exact same drop table, there's only a small handful of unique weapons in the game. Looting is such a big part of the game and it all feels so homogenous when pretty much every area can spawn the exact same stuff, and any cool weapon variant can just be crafted.
It's not just the loot, it's overall homogeneity. I installed a whole bunch of mods and tried to build each settlement up in a unique style, but after 4 or 5 it's more of the same. I get bursts of a week or two where I feel creative/want to blast stuff/want to build and play every day, but after a week or two I get bored of it and drop the game for a few months. To the good/bad discussion, they did something right if I have almost 800 hours of gameplay, but those hours are a lot of duplication of effort and following the main storyline to get back to where I was before adding a new mod to make it interesting screwed up everything and made me start again. I don't fault Bethesda for mods screwing up saves, but there's something to the fact that I still enjoy playing the game but have to take months-long breaks at a time because it gets monotonous and I want to do more.

That said, I hear the final battle in New Vegas was good, I should probably actually finish the game at some point because I'm going to have another Fallout game to complain about someday.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

isndl posted:

Do I also need a mod for the Lover's Comfort buff? :roboluv:

"Please. Assume. The Position."

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Liquid Communism posted:

Just shooting the poo poo here, but I'm trying to envision how to merge Skyrim's Hearthfire and Fallout 4's settlement system. How would you feel if, in game, you came across a [Stripmall/Minimall/Gated Community/Subdivision/Partially Destroyed Highrise/ECT] and chose what units would go where? You could choose between things like randomized merchants, settlers (randomized loot), merc soldiers, doctors, druggists, mechanics, 'We accept all takers!' (based on luck), defensive encampments, farmers, etc.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Father Wendigo posted:

Just shooting the poo poo here, but I'm trying to envision how to merge Skyrim's Hearthfire and Fallout 4's settlement system. How would you feel if, in game, you came across a [Stripmall/Minimall/Gated Community/Subdivision/Partially Destroyed Highrise/ECT] and chose what units would go where? You could choose between things like randomized merchants, settlers (randomized loot), merc soldiers, doctors, druggists, mechanics, 'We accept all takers!' (based on luck), defensive encampments, farmers, etc.

I'd be down. Having pre-sets like that would mean being able to work in more complexity because you could pre-optimize it all rather than building it from individual objects as well. I mean, that's pretty much what Sim Settlements does now, they just package it in 2x2 blocks instead of designated buildings.

Being able to, say, rebuild the Galleria into a working city would be pretty cool.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Father Wendigo posted:

It would certainly make a much better argument for having multiple settlements if each one only had a limited number of spaces to build on.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Continuing to shoot the poo poo: To the people who love pseudo-minecrafting it up - would you be pleased with two, maybe three varied locations (an empty construction site in the middle of downtown Boston, Spectacle Island, Jamaica Plains [expanded from vanilla], Murkwater Construction, ect.) where you can build to your heart's content under the pretense that you're creating a fort to act as a roadblock against hostile creatures/people? Instead of settlers, it would be staffed with BoS/Minute Men/Synths/Raiders who you have to supply weapons and ammo to - or just pay a merchant to supply them with ammo for a week.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Only if it would matter. As it stands right now, cleared areas respawn with the same bullshit enemies in a week or so anyway, so the only reason to bother clearing them is loot. What you're describing is neat, but would work better in a game less transparently meant for the open world sandbox treadmill.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Only if it would matter. As it stands right now, cleared areas respawn with the same bullshit enemies in a week or so anyway, so the only reason to bother clearing them is loot. What you're describing is neat, but would work better in a game less transparently meant for the open world sandbox treadmill.

I'm trying to figure out how to make Settlements as a thing work, but I'm also expecting ​a part of the player base would raise holy hell if you took out their Diet Minecraft experience regardless of how half assed it was. Hence, I'm trying ​to spitball a way to do both.

As for an in-game justification - you could have the player defend against raids to get points towards better endings, like what in theory was going to be in Mass Effect 3.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A Fallout base building game, perhaps call it Fallout Fort, would be kind of interesting if you start out basically with the original Fallout premise: Your home needs vital supplies to continue functioning or protect itself, and you have to go out and get it. So you start by going out as part of the scav teams getting raw materials for building, and work your way up to a position where you are designing parts of the base because of your protagonism. Maybe you are initially charged to build a firebase for protecting a vital resource against raids. Eventually you learn that a vital component is going to have to be taken from a rival faction, or that it has been found and a rival faction is racing you for it, bringing you into conflict that eventually obliges you to not just defend your territory, but take it from others. Finally, once you have all of Springwater the Wasteland under your control, Ultor the Enclave aliens intelligent deathclaws super mutants robots something sinister rears its head and you have to decide what to defend and what to forfeit.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Honestly if you want to make settlements work you just have to start from scratch and ditch the pseudo-minecraft BS. It's just trying to cram too much of a totally different game into one that has exploration and combat as its main thrust. All good "build a base from scratch" games are built around that being the main mechanic. It is disappointing in this because it's so obviously tacked on. If you want to do that go load up mine craft, 7 days to die, etc.

At their best the base building in these kinds of games give you something that's cool looking, customization, and easy to set up. Ideally it gives you someplace to display all the neat poo poo you pick up in the game while also providing some kind of in-game benefits as a base of operations. Importantly, though, it's the kind of thing that you don't need to agonize over for hours. DOn't get me wrong, I've spent my fair share of time sperging out over where I'm hanging my swords in my Skyrim houses, but I don't need to spend an entire loving weekend building the house brick by brick and then wire the goddamned place for electricity.

That's symptomatic of the larger issue. loving wiring. Just let me put lights on the wall, don't make me run wires all across the place.

edit: assuming you're doing a traditional fallout game. A stand alone base building game could be neat.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I liked the idea that of some of the settlement places you had to clear out the hostiles first, honestly that's how every single one of them should be, or at least require some effort that's not a Radiant quest (maybe involving non-combat skills too! or at least talents/perk if we're never having skills back)

My ~~dream~~ for the next Fallout or TES is that they reduce the number of available places for settlement but make them more interesting. There are a lot of cool enemy strongholds in Fallout 4 that would be perfect to make your own settlement, but you can't because the enemies loving respawn (also take out the respawning mechanic in locations you manage to clear please, it helps with some of the illusion that you're making the Wasteland a better place)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

loving radiant quests should die in a fire. I have a script that auto-completes them, and am considering disabling Preston entirely.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Liquid Communism posted:

loving radiant quests should die in a fire.

:agreed:

Radiant quests are pretty much just a substitute for an actual reason to go to a place. I suspect people already tend to either go to the neat thing they see on the map blip or the corner of the screen, or actually scour the land for content, or just bypass anything not related to the story (or jobs checklist - poor OCD victims - which are why these even exist). So people won't see literally all of the content, who cares, you already have their money, and this probably even isn't a significant factor in who pays for Creation Crap.

Liquid Communism posted:

I have a script that auto-completes them

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Save the following into a txt file called whatever you'd like in your Fallout 4 folder, then run 'bat <name>' in console.

For the Minutemen:
code:
completequest 0015f03f;
completequest 00186642;
completequest 00157ca5;
completequest 00099848;
completequest 00098136;
completequest 00164167;
completequest 00157577;
completequest 0015f040;
For all radiants:
code:
 ;Minutemen
CompleteQuest 00186642 ;Ghoul Problem
CompleteQuest 00157ca5 ;Greenskins
CompleteQuest 0003e0c1 ;Kidnapped Trader
CompleteQuest 00099848 ;Kidnapping
CompleteQuest 00098136 ;Raider Troubles
CompleteQuest 00164167 ;Resettle Refugees
CompleteQuest 00157577 ;Rogue Courser
CompleteQuest 0003df95 ;Stop raiding
CompleteQuest 00109d73 ;Suspected Synth
CompleteQuest 00097cc7 ;Help defend "Ghoul"
CompleteQuest 000c97a8 ;Help defend "Gunner 1"
CompleteQuest 000cff72 ;Help defend "Gunner2"
CompleteQuest 002407d0 ;Help defend "Mirelurk"
CompleteQuest 001125e2 ;Help defend "Raider 1"
CompleteQuest 001125e3 ;Help defend "Raider2"
CompleteQuest 001125a6 ;Help defend "Raider 3"
CompleteQuest 00097cc6 ;Help defend "Super Mutant 1"
CompleteQuest 0024918c ;Help defend "Super Mutant 2"
CompleteQuest 001357da ;Help defend "Synth 1"
CompleteQuest 001357db ;Help defend "Synth 2"
 ;Brotherhood of Steel
CompleteQuest 00064ec7 ;Cleansing the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 000d1eb2 ;Feeding the Troops
CompleteQuest 000c8675 ;Leading by Example
CompleteQuest 000cf3e2 ;Learning Curve
CompleteQuest 000c30dc ;Quartermastery
 ;Repeatable
CompleteQuest 001b2b08 ;Blood Bank
CompleteQuest 001b2b08 ;Getting Technical
CompleteQuest 001b2b08 ;Reactor Coolant
 ;Railroad
CompleteQuest 0014a34a ;A Clean Equation
CompleteQuest 000b3e82 ;Concierge
CompleteQuest 00150577 ;High Ground
CompleteQuest 000b926b ;Jackpot
CompleteQuest 00145f1a ;Lost Soul
CompleteQuest 00186c79 ;Variable Removal
CompleteQuest 000b926a ;Weathervane
 ;Institute
CompleteQuest 000edcef ;Appropriation
CompleteQuest 000eb268 ;Hypothesis
CompleteQuest 000f7933 ;Pest Control
CompleteQuest 000ede28 ;Reclamation
 ;Automatron
CompleteQuest 01003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0100af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0100ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0100af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0100af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 01003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0100d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 01003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 01008508 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 02003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0200af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0200ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0200af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0200af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 02003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0200d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 02003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 02008508 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 03003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0300af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0300ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0300af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0300af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 03003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0300d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 03003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 03008508 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 04003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0400af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0400ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0400af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0400af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 04003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0400d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 04003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 04008508 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 05003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0500af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0500ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0500af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0500af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 05003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0500d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 05003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 05008508 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 06003e8a ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0600af4d ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0600ad50 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0600af4c ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0600af51 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 06003e8f ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 0600d5fc ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 06003e90 ;Rogue Robot
CompleteQuest 06008508 ;Rogue Robot
 ;Far Harbor
CompleteQuest 0100eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 01040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0100eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 01039953 ;Trapper Attack
CompleteQuest 0200eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 02040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0200eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 02039953 ;Trapper Attack
CompleteQuest 0300eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 03040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0300eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 03039953 ;Trapper Attack
CompleteQuest 0400eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 04040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0400eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 04039953 ;Trapper Attack
CompleteQuest 0500eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 05040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0500eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 05039953 ;Trapper Attack
CompleteQuest 0600eb4c ;Condensers Down
CompleteQuest 06040a86 ;Deadliest Catch
CompleteQuest 0600eb51 ;Super Mutants in the Fog
CompleteQuest 06039953 ;Trapper Attack
 ;Nuka World
CompleteQuest 0102191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 01017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0100b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0100db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 01032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0104990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 01014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 01032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 01019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 01016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 010322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0104bd3c ;Under the Collar
CompleteQuest 0202191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 02017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0200b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0200db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 02032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0204990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 02014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 02032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 02019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 02016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 020322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0204bd3c ;Under the Collar
CompleteQuest 0302191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 03017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0300b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0300db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 03032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0304990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 03014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 03032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 03019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 03016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 030322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0304bd3c ;Under the Collar
CompleteQuest 0402191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 04017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0400b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0400db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 04032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0404990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 04014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 04032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 04019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 04016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 040322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0404bd3c ;Under the Collar
CompleteQuest 0502191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 05017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0500b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0500db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 05032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0504990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 05014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 05032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 05019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 05016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 050322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0504bd3c ;Under the Collar
CompleteQuest 0602191c ;A Goods Defense
CompleteQuest 06017f46 ;A Permanent Solution
CompleteQuest 0600b170 ;Cache-ing In
CompleteQuest 0600db37 ;Capture
CompleteQuest 06032a4a ;Claiming the Commonwealth
CompleteQuest 0604990a ;Cleaning House
CompleteQuest 06014352 ;Clear Out
CompleteQuest 06032a66 ;Collaring Outside the Lines
CompleteQuest 06019088 ;Shake Down
CompleteQuest 06016e18 ;Subdue
CompleteQuest 060322da ;Taking out the Trash
CompleteQuest 0604bd3c ;Under the Collar
The second one doesn't eliminate the quests that open up new settlements.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

That should really go in the OP and all future OPs.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Really, the absolute disconnect between your magical ability to build poo poo and the story remain my biggest problem with it; the fact that the settlement system itself seems to have never left alpha development is just typical TES poo poo at this point sadly

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I would love settlement building much, much more if it wasn't for loving wiring the goddamn place

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Really, the absolute disconnect between your magical ability to build poo poo and the story remain my biggest problem with it; the fact that the settlement system itself seems to have never left alpha development is just typical TES poo poo at this point sadly
For me, it's that even though it's still a "Written on the back of a Denny's napkin at 3 AM" tier addition, I'm even more worried that all sequels going forward will be expected to add the needless jank in spite of it being total poo poo.

I just want a good fallout game. Also, I'm hoping Avallone's tweet was NOT because he's working on the minis game Bethesda licensed to a British company.

e: "was NOT..." and not "was..." loving autocorrect.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 14, 2017

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Father Wendigo posted:

e: "was NOT..." and not "was..." loving autocorrect.

That's a hell of an autocorrect.

It's like changing "I'm not pregnant" to "I'm pregnant".

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've said it before but I want the next TES game to have building.

However, I only want one area that is vital to the plot, a set amount of available upgrades and looks to choose from and defense missions that you trigger instead of having to wait around like an idiot.

I've been playing a lot if Shadow of War and the siege/defense is CRAZY good.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i like fallout 4 and the base building is the best part of it

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan Krkic posted:

i like fallout 4 and the base building is the best part of it

This statement seems carefully crafted for the purpose of pissing off everybody on both sides.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I like Fallout 4, and I like settlement building only for making myself a house or base of operations or whatever. But gently caress all the settlers, and gently caress "defending" a settlement. I really don't give a poo poo about any of the stragglers who populate my lean-to shantytowns. Except for one specific cool ghoul who runs one of my trading posts, I don't know why but I still like her. She has a yellow fisherman's cap on, I think I gave her a name but I don't remember what it was now, she's great.

Now that I think about it, I may have installed a mod that made her hostile and I may have killed her. RIP That Ghoul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
While most radiant quests are dumb and annoying, I have to admit that I really enjoy the BoS ones that involve escorting a scribe.

Sometimes I just want to go for a stroll and shoot some bad guys along the way. Having to look after some nerd gives my walkabout a bit of purpose and flavor that I enjoy. Also those quests fit well into the world, since the BoS would totally be doing regular, repetitive recon patrols like that.

• Locked thread