Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

women who support bernie have deeply internalized misogyny and are only trying to get dudes, duh

it’s so loving insulting, like every female friend i have supported bernie over hillary (though ended up voting for her!) and to the left of both of them

im still mad at gloria steinem and madeline albright, don't even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lastgirl posted:

its been a while since ive seen amanda since the og bernie thread

but uhh

im pretty sure she's gone waaaay into the deep end since then

if she's willing to do all that stuff to get guys she's gonna go nazi for a boy too. poo poo, idgaf if girls like me, i aint lyin about what i enjoy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
“I don’t see why a man can’t be the keynote at a woman’s conference” is the new “actually, it's about ethics in games journalism”.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

“I don’t see why a man can’t be the keynote at a woman’s conference” is the new “actually, it's about ethics in games journalism”.

If she were smart she'd have gone with this

But she's less smart than she is mad at all those girls from her high school who got asked to prom, so she tweeted all that other stuff instead

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Welcome to Hell motherfuckers

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Does that article have a comments section

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Frijolero posted:

feminisms greatest ally... murdoch...

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

loquacius posted:

If she were smart she'd have gone with this

But she's less smart than she is mad at all those girls from her high school who got asked to prom, so she tweeted all that other stuff instead

Apparently she's primarily mad at women who like anal sex.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/918625996491952129

“yep we’re just gonna sign into a bill forcing a loan out of our own citizens, we don’t have to do something this stupid and awful so willingly but we will because we love showing our soft, yellow bellies”

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
then when PR cant pay it back they get privatized

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/918625996491952129

“yep we’re just gonna sign into a bill forcing a loan out of our own citizens, we don’t have to do something this stupid and awful so willingly but we will because we love showing our soft, yellow bellies”

America completely botches the relief efforts of its own territory, and now we're going to make them pay interest for the privilege of not dying. Lovett or Leave It?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
That reminds me of this conservative columnist Michael Medved who wrote an article where he discussed gay sex (big surprise) and revealed the view that gay men didn't really enjoy bottoming and just sat there and bit the pillow in pain until their partner got off.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MaxxBot posted:

That reminds me of this conservative columnist Michael Medved who wrote an article where he discussed gay sex (big surprise) and revealed the view that gay men didn't really enjoy bottoming and just sat there and bit the pillow in pain until their partner got off.
it kind of reveals that he has a prostate problem that is probably cancer

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
galaxy brain: forbid sex, forced masturbation for all

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/918635891870007296

Issuing a loan for disaster relief is so on its face stupid, that it can't possibly be anything other than a scheme to force bankruptcy and privatization.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
pr is already in crippling, unpayable debt btw lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this is the equivalent of forcing someone who's in medical debt because of cancer to open up more credit cards because they just got into a car accident

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
whether it's crippling stupidity or their true malevolence coming to light i cannot think of a better indictment of who we are than every single house democrat signing on to a loan for loving disaster relief

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Issuing a loan for disaster relief is so on its face stupid, that it can't possibly be anything other than a scheme to force bankruptcy and privatization.

its more likely so they can pay off the loans they already have and the billionaire that owns that debt now gets a billion dollars

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
keith ellison..

no...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rudatron posted:

Does that article have a comments section

it’s them laughing at the Dems for eating their own and jokes about Hillary charging too much to appear

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i asked my sis, who is a senior in high school, how they’re teaching the iraq war and her description was extremely suck so i thought i’d share:

quote:

Well I’ve had US history where it wasn’t talked about, then we talked about it a little in world history (Arab spring, terrorism, etc, but general info...we didn’t get too in depth bc it was too complicated I guess) then I had AP euro and my politics class where we didn’t talk about it, and in global issues now we don’t talk about it either...more just terrorism and drone strikes

:thunk:

(i followed up and asked if they teach that there weren’t actually WMDs.... she said they were not taught that)

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/vijayprashad/status/918658721189957632

:ussr:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

anime was right posted:

its more likely so they can pay off the loans they already have and the billionaire that owns that debt now gets a billion dollars

If Sharia law gets one thing right its that the banking industry is fuuuuuucked up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Nastier Nate posted:

If Sharia law gets one thing right its that the banking industry is fuuuuuucked up

unfortunately the very best Islamic scholars have come up with a couple hundred workarounds

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

https://twitter.com/PaulKingsley7/status/918654991585431554

...ugh

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Frijolero posted:

ahahahahaha

if fox is headlining it you know yer probably screwy if you align~

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i asked my sis, who is a senior in high school, how they’re teaching the iraq war and her description was extremely suck so i thought i’d share:

(i followed up and asked if they teach that there weren’t actually WMDs.... she said they were not taught that)

Sounds par for the course. I graduated HS in 2005 and the final section in a textbook about politics/geography was like "future challenges facing the soviet union" as the textbook was 15-16 years old by that point.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
lol, a Hillbot acquaintance of mine shared this terrible loving petition on FB.

https://www.change.org/p/women-s-ma..._progress_fake1

quote:

The unity and common purpose we felt during the march and since then have helped sustain us this year. In our daily work, we are able to move forward beyond the Democratic primary, working alongside those who continue to revere Sen. Sanders, because the need for a united front is too great to fight about the past. The lives of too many people are at stake.

LITERALLY THE NEXT loving PARAGRAPH FFS posted:

Leaders of most progressive movements have understood that there is nothing to be gained by stoking factional divisions among natural allies at this time. By giving Sen. Sanders a high-profile role, the Women’s Convention is centering a divisive figure, especially for women and minorities. He has continually attacked the Democratic Party, downplayed the importance of majority Black Democratic voters in southern states, dismissed Planned Parenthood as part of the “Establishment,” and contributed to a decades-long campaign of deception about the record of Hillary Clinton.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
in case you're wondering, the guy who owns an outstanding majority of puerto rico's debt has donated to major democratic and republican committees, including schumer, rubio, and a blue dog democratic group

oh yeah, and a guy you made have heard of

barack obama

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
his largest contributions are like 20k to a republican pac and a 25k donation directly to the rnc

wondering why republicans voted for this too?

guess.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I can't really hold the PR loan against the Dems because this is a case where the executive branch just has them by the balls. What else are you going to do? I'd rather them vote for an option that lets people get disaster relief than grandstand while people die.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

So they're gonna teach the Iraq War the same way we were taught about Korea.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

tower time posted:

"future challenges facing the soviet union"

privatization and market liberalization

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

whos the third world again?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
With the Dems it's either we give Puerto Rico a loan or we hand over their relief efforts to the Clintons lol

I would go with adding a drop to the giant loving bucket.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I can't really hold the PR loan against the Dems because this is a case where the executive branch just has them by the balls. What else are you going to do? I'd rather them vote for an option that lets people get disaster relief than grandstand while people die.

People are dying anyway. You're literally saying that we should just capitulate to disaster capitalism because you're afraid of optics. If you're afraid of "grandstanding" then you'll be steamrolled every single time until there's no public institutions left.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

quote:

The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism is a 2007 book by the Canadian author and social activist Naomi Klein. In the book, Klein argues that neoliberal free market policies (as advocated by the economist Milton Friedman) have risen to prominence in some developed countries because of a deliberate strategy of "shock therapy". This centers on the exploitation of national crises to push through controversial policies while citizens are too emotionally and physically distracted by disasters or upheavals to mount an effective resistance.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wasn't Mike Pence one the loving vultures who touched down after Katrina to encourage privatization in New Orleans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Liberals lack any kind of class based analysis for society, so instead of just accepting that there is a black bourgeoisie with real material interests in supporting Republicans they just fall back on calling them race traitors. Similarly, any Leftist who isn't willing to settle for their political framework is also a traitor to their race or their sex, because they're not willing to make the necessary sacrifices to ensure a Republican defeat. The only thing holding them back from blaming black people in general for not voting is their obsession with optics.

Well, a substantial number of them did blame Hispanics in general for not voting.

Also, the other thing liberals lack is anything beyond a provincial take on the issues. Anything related to foreign policy or non-US citizens doesn't exist. Or, worse, is used to prove that they are just as much "America first" as Republicans. So liberals unironically talk about Obama deporting more people than anyone else as a counter to Trump's wall. Or they think Obama and Clinton's support for the Honduras coup (after it was known that police forces were gang raping women involved in anti-coup protests) is no big deal.

• Locked thread