Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

Hav posted:

Solipsist propaganda. Until you benjamin button your way back into mom, tempus fugit in one direction.

That's how I view time. To me, everyone is removing their posts to forget about Star Citizen, Chris Roberts is giving all his money to people who need it, and Derek Smart is calling things before they happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

XK posted:

I just made the bestest bacon lettuce tomato cheeseburger ever. I want entropy to hang around right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bueZoYhUlg

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sillybones posted:

Video games, right now, are better than they have ever been. There is so many to play that I can't make the time to play them all. They are engaging and polished and run well. Doom was incredible, was that a rehash?

Then you have all the indie games. It is just getting crazy. gently caress all the people with their heads up their arses.

So much this. I mean...I still kinda wish that there was a viable alternative to everything being on Steam, but cripes you have to be a loving moron to claim we live in any kind of videogame wasteland nowadays compared to even so much as a decade ago, let alone two decades.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

ZenMaster posted:

Derek Smart is the fat kid from Lord of the Flies.

Its just a matter of time.

I am the only one qualified enough to be the boulder.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ZenMaster posted:

Derek Smart is the fat kid from Lord of the Flies.

Its just a matter of time.

I HAVE THE CONCH!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

CrazyLoon posted:

So much this. I mean...I still kinda wish that there was a viable alternative to everything being on Steam, but cripes you have to be a loving moron to claim we live in any kind of videogame wasteland nowadays compared to even so much as a decade ago, let alone two decades.

Buuutttt myyyyy nostalagiaaaaaaaaaaaa. I was taut and pretty in the nineties.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Derek, they think you’re presidential.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Can someone spell out in brief what is going on with CIG and refunds this week? Was there some notice sent out forbidding all of them?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"anagrams are fun!" - a loving nerd

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Good stuff. It did get 28 points.

TheGremlich doesn't get anagrams, because, of course he doesn't.

That's some great archiving.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

CrazyLoon posted:

I HAVE THE CONCH!

*plays conch*

As you may (or certain clowns may not remember) this conch plays in the key of D, which is funny because D is the first letter of Derek, who I am, and also it is the last letter or warlord, which I also am, and when I played this conch a few days ago into that cave we heard it echo and it came back in the key of C sharp, which is pretty funny too because I don't see too well since I used my glasses to make a fire that still illuminates the island, yet another example of how I was the only one who understand island management. . So what I'm saying is that I called this meeting a few days ago and the clowns who thought I was bad at playing the conch were just hearing an echo chamber :smuggo:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Berious posted:

What is it with CIG and doors? I mean srsly

Just you wait until they start on AI!

It’ll be so lifelike you won’t know if you’re talking to a mind seared cultist or an AI routine desperate to sell you more dlc!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Wow, watch his his eyes light up at 150 MILLION DOLLARS. and 20 MILLION DOLLARS.

Amazing.

Star Citizen is a scam. Get a refund.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

There are 138,889 for "star citizen is a scam" :smug:

One of my favourites is "star citizen is a scam".

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bootcha posted:

No, George Oldziey was the Wing Commander music guy, he did that independently. Oldziey isn't involved with SC because Crobbers didn't want (paraphrasing here) "music that sounded like it was from the 90's".

There is some irony here, considering that CRs own development abilities seem to be equally bound to the 90’s.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Oh really? Didn't you say you had a key, had played it etc? Don't make me hit the search button.

Regardless, LOD isn't the game you're looking for, if you want to wash off the stench and stain from Star Citizen. No, that would be Universal Combat CE. And yeah, I would most gladly give you a key. For the low price of $9.99.

In case you missed it, this is me, playing it LIVE - for 6 hours straight, two weeks ago. No crash. No glitch. All awesome. You should try that with Star Citizen :laffo:

You should give him one, just so when he talks trash about it you know he actually owns it.

Because he doesn’t own Star Citizen, and is probably getting tired of lying about it every time he has to post about how much of a backer he is.

Let him have something, just so he can be honest with us about at least one thing. :hfive:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Rad Russian posted:

It's still driving me nuts that they offset the wheel axle down. The whole point that people do it with off-road/extreme vehicles today is to offset it UP and get more ground clearance. There is 0 benefit of doing it the other way. It's literally worse than normal centered wheels in every possible scenario you can imagine. You lose a lot of reliability and stability to get LESS ground clearance. Why. Game is dumb.

There’s something great about taking a low rider, and converting it into a ridiculous dune buggy.

Luckily though it’s just a game, and the physics are all completely faked. So it can probably have no wheels at all and still do 600 mph and turn on a dime and carry 700 boxes of space dildos.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Latin Pheonix posted:

"Star Citizen has stopped giving refunds to backers... And this is why it's great!"

Mr.Tophat posted:

"Those who refund will miss out on the kool aid party!"

This is why I love pixelemonade! You guys are the writers and held out on us for so long!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Scruffpuff posted:

Good to see the brick and mortar store return in the space future where materials are at a loving premium and come with unimaginable operating overhead, when in the year 2017, physical retail locations are going down like dominoes.

We're talking about a culture that lost the Roomba secret. Space mop my space store, NPCoC.

Oh, Pixelemonade, you delightfully half-assed Aussie AstroTurf site. (AustroTurf?)

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

peter gabriel posted:

Nuclear bomb testing at bikini cattole

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Latin Pheonix posted:

I was just thinking today; if/when SC does go down, there's going to be lots of unhappy backers who, despite their blind faith in the project, will still be looking for their 'dream' game to be made. Any ideas on where they might turn to? Elite? the new X game? No Man's Sky? Dual Universe? Beyond Good and Evil 2?

Can I... can I tell you a secret?

Hold on to your panties though because this is going to blow you away.

Are you ready?

Ok. Here we go:

The backers don’t actually play games.

They don’t even play Star Citizen when it iterates out.

The game they’re in is a meta social game, and they’re already playing it.

Star Citizen coming out would actually hurt the game they’re currently winning at and enjoying.

They won’t gravitate to another game because they don’t actually want to play the game.

What will eventually happen though is people will get bored. The ELE as it happens may just be the simple fact that they no longer want to spend money on lies. Once their buddies leave their discord’s, and the role play dries up, and there are too many holes in the lore, and the reality of the game solidifies, it comes apart.

I don’t have links to my blog, but I’ll say it again:

Star Citizen coming out and being developed will kill Star Citizen.

It’s fuel is the dreams and fantasies of 40-something’s who are fighting to rekindle a lost art they fondly recall from their youth. CR came in at almost the perfect time to capitalize on this midlife crisis group. Instead of buying their own Porsche’s they’re blowing their money on space ships.

The guys on reddit aren’t funding anything. They’ve already spent their meager amount of money and CIG can collect no more from them. Their defense also isn’t helping anything because the guys funding it ignore them too.

The mmo is happening right now. Once they win it, the money goes away. They won’t invest in another game either. This is the childhood memory game, and soon the midlife crisis will end.

As they get closer to leaving crisis, they’re going to want their money back, too. They’ll probably pay for lawyers as well because they have money to burn from successful and lucrative careers.

The other side of them are the people waiting for it to come out. 3.0 is “that turning point”. The group who isn’t role playing is waiting in the shadows for when their new Eve Online appears. They’ve been lead, oh so wrongly, to believe 3.0 is “that product”.

People are wondering “why stop refunds now? Why before unveiling 3.0 and their biggest achievement??? They’re spoiling their best, possibly last, big opportunity!!”

And I feel you’re only getting half the picture. The other half is what the evocati fuckers have, and are likely filling up their mail with problems. 3.0 is hosed, and it’s bad, and it looks like and plays like a joke of a game; not something a multinational company has been working on 24/7 for over 5 years.

This “stop the refunds now!” is a preemptive play to kill the silent majority of big money whales, waiting in the shadows, who have been paying all along, buying all the stuff, no doubt being fed lies about 3.0 in different methods of communication. Either special forums, private one on one email with their preferred employees, etc.

So really, there’s two fantasy groups who are huge benefactors who need to be stopped before they pull their money out.

1: The fantasy role players playing the game right now (and are almost done with it)

2: The silent majority led to believe 3.0 is where things get real and they can join in to the huge Eve-like mmo universe with a custom character and awesome fleet

Both groups represent huge $$$. Both are about to tucker on out or get real pissed.

Anyhow that’s my hot take. I’m sending this scoop to pixelemonade right now!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Mr.Tophat posted:

*plays conch*

As you may (or certain clowns may not remember) this conch plays in the key of D, which is funny because D is the first letter of Derek, who I am, and also it is the last letter or warlord, which I also am, and when I played this conch a few days ago into that cave we heard it echo and it came back in the key of C sharp, which is pretty funny too because I don't see too well since I used my glasses to make a fire that still illuminates the island, yet another example of how I was the only one who understand island management. . So what I'm saying is that I called this meeting a few days ago and the clowns who thought I was bad at playing the conch were just hearing an echo chamber :smuggo:

Somehow I imagine if Piggy had done this, he might not have gone out the way he did, but would've definitely pissed off Ralph towards killing him instead.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

Are you ready?

Ok. Here we go:

Star Citizen coming out would actually hurt the game they’re currently winning at and enjoying.

They won’t gravitate to another game because they don’t actually want to play the game.

What will eventually happen though is people will get bored. The ELE as it happens may just be the simple fact that they no longer want to spend money on lies. Once their buddies leave their discord’s, and the role play dries up, and there are too many holes in the lore, and the reality of the game solidifies, it comes apart.

It’s fuel is the dreams and fantasies of 40-something’s who are fighting to rekindle a lost art they fondly recall from their youth. CR came in at almost the perfect time to capitalize on this midlife crisis group. Instead of buying their own Porsche’s they’re blowing their money on space ships.

The guys on reddit aren’t funding anything. They’ve already spent their meager amount of money and CIG can collect no more from them. Their defense also isn’t helping anything because the guys funding it ignore them too.

The mmo is happening right now. Once they win it, the money goes away. They won’t invest in another game either. This is the childhood memory game, and soon the midlife crisis will end.

As they get closer to leaving crisis, they’re going to want their money back, too. They’ll probably pay for lawyers as well because they have money to burn from successful and lucrative careers.

The other side of them are the people waiting for it to come out. 3.0 is “that turning point”. The group who isn’t role playing is waiting in the shadows for when their new Eve Online appears. They’ve been lead, oh so wrongly, to believe 3.0 is “that product”.

People are wondering “why stop refunds now? Why before unveiling 3.0 and their biggest achievement??? They’re spoiling their best, possibly last, big opportunity!!”

And I feel you’re only getting half the picture. The other half is what the evocati fuckers have, and are likely filling up their mail with problems. 3.0 is hosed, and it’s bad, and it looks like and plays like a joke of a game; not something a multinational company has been working on 24/7 for over 5 years.

This “stop the refunds now!” is a preemptive play to kill the silent majority of big money whales, waiting in the shadows, who have been paying all along, buying all the stuff, no doubt being fed lies about 3.0 in different methods of communication. Either special forums, private one on one email with their preferred employees, etc.

So really, there’s two fantasy groups who are huge benefactors who need to be stopped before they pull their money out.

1: The fantasy role players playing the game right now (and are almost done with it)

2: The silent majority led to believe 3.0 is where things get real and they can join in to the huge Eve-like mmo universe with a custom character and awesome fleet

Both groups represent huge $$$. Both are about to tucker on out or get real pissed.

Man, that's deep. :grin:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

The Titanic posted:

I bet pixelemonade is about to launch their cutting story on it.

Any day now.

Any day.

AlbieQuirky posted:

We're talking about a culture that lost the Roomba secret. Space mop my space store, NPCoC.

Oh, Pixelemonade, you delightfully half-assed Aussie AstroTurf site. (AustroTurf?)
http://www.pixelemonade.com/

Pixelemonade's most recent article posted:

CRICKET, SPORT
SOUTH AFRICA CRUISES TO VICTORY OVER SRI LANKA
SIMON DUNN - JAN 21, 2017
I love how the scam/astroturfing has become completely and utterly transparent; they haven't posted anything new since loving January. Once the Start Citizen article dropped who loving cares, the website served its sole life purpose. I'm surprised the place is even still online.

Saladin Rising fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 13, 2017

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Ubik_Lives posted:

That's how I view time. To me, everyone is removing their posts to forget about Star Citizen, Chris Roberts is giving all his money to people who need it, and Derek Smart is calling things before they happen.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Man, that's deep. :grin:

I’m playing Star Citizen myself right now. :3

It’s the most interesting game I’ve played in ages where I didn’t have to buy it, steal it, download it, or even actually ever have it on my computer to get the most out of it!

I think I’ve put more hours into Star Citizen than probably 90% of the Reddit guys defending it. :allears:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Saladin Rising posted:

http://www.pixelemonade.com/

I love how the scam/astroturfing has become completely and utterly transparent; they haven't posted anything new since loving January. Once the Start Citizen article dropped who loving cares, the website served its sole life purpose. I'm surprised the place is even still online.
Haha, holy poo poo.

They haven't posted anything outside of January full stop. They posted articles for 2 weeks, and every article except the Star Citizen one appears to be archered from the associated press and attributed to someone who doesn't loving exist.

It's completely blatant. How the gently caress is that even legal?

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

The Titanic posted:

Are you ready?

Ok. Here we go:

Spot on!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Blue On Blue posted:

Right

The key point to remember is they only raised 1 or 2 million via kickatarter

Everything else has been through their own website , which by all accounts is NOT crowd funding anymore but simply selling a product

Everyone defending cig for playing the crowd funding game are delusional , they've been taking people's money for years under the guise of 'support our indie campaign' which is total bullshit

Pledge my rear end

Star Citizen: Pledge my rear end

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
https://youtu.be/XBbv24IK5tg

Derk you're game sucksssss

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

Are you ready?

[snip]
:five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

BloodyScab posted:

You do like to run your mouth a whole lot more in that subreddit.. which is why i kind of approached this jokingly.

Streetroller was by all accounts a loving oval office about the whole thing (from what i remember) and probably affected cig's refund policy in some way or another.

I will possibly even enjoy the fallout over cig denying refunds and the resulting twisting, turning and crying over denied requests.
Sure it may be considered anti consumer, but i'm also fairly certain they'll continue to make exceptions.

I mean.. it's already started as i can tell..
The small claims court was mentioned on /r/SA_refunds and now everyone speaks like a McDonalds lawyer/legal expert both in the subreddit and even as a response to the emails.

Sure it's a option, but taking a boilerplate "i will do x and x you meanies!" from the subreddit while desperately mentioning the reasons for the request "unplayable!" "Not producing anything" just comes across so cute to me..

Big talk from the guy with a Donald Trump avatar. :colbert:

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

shadow puppet of a posted:

Can someone spell out in brief what is going on with CIG and refunds this week? Was there some notice sent out forbidding all of them?

Here's a video explaining EXACTLY what these assholes are doing.
Pay attention, it's very nuanced and specific.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeqEC66E7hk

Streetroller fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 13, 2017

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Halo pc was the best halo

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
I dunno why goons don’t like Trump. He’s literally the worlds greatest troll, and perpetuator of schadenfruede.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Streetroller posted:

Here's a video explaining EXACTLY what these assholes are doing.
Pay attention, it's very nuanced and specific.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeqEC66E7hk

I'm the $10k watch on one wrist and the fitbit or whatever on the other wrist, because he has to count his steps from the office to his porsche

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I finally just skimmed the most recent CIG video and it's just filler and BS. I mean, it's always been thus. But we're what? 6 years in now?

"Buy more ships!"

Lando looks like a child in Ben's chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Just what in the gently caress