Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Atomizer posted:

Well the thing we're talking about isn't even lovely game design, it's intelligent game design, in terms of it being clever for being so greedy, as it is a freemium game after all. But yeah, for me at least I have to free XP the worst of the worst components of this game to make it slightly more bearable. It sucks, but this is the main thing I play.

It's terrible design to make what should be a powerhouse of a tank entirely mediocre for 60+ battles simply because they want you to spend money on it. $15+ for a pixel cannon. I love nothing more than "I did the thing, give me my next pellet" gameplay ala ARPGs/MMOs/RPGs but this is just silly. Obviously the free XP sinks make them boatloads of cash but I can't help but wonder if there are better ways to make said cash without endlessly frustrating your playerbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Who is ever going to buy this?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Yeah it's free stuff, it's just not particularly valuable, as in it's not worth our time to go out of the way to attempt to attain those rewards. The Tetrarch is a good tank, for example, but for those of us who already have it it's only worth 750 g at best (if you don't just get the credit equivalent for it nowadays) so you basically earned <$5 worth of stuff, which is nothing special.

1x Meathead Militia emblem
1x Tank Hollow emblem
8x Barracks slots
15x Manual fire extinguisher
1x 1 hr 25% credit booster

:homebrew:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

1x Tank Hollow emblem
8x Barracks slots

wow quit bragging about your sweet loot

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

More barracks slots is pretty great as it helps reduce the number of times you have to go into your barracks and delete 50% crew members that tend to pile up in there.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

More barracks slots is pretty great as it helps reduce the number of times you have to go into your barracks and delete 50% crew members that tend to pile up in there.

I have roughly 80 empty barracks slots from lovely giveaways like this. :nallears:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
The only thing I truly dislike are the Meathead/Chieftain emblems.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
what does this mean hovering over someone on friends list? either frozen thinks im a nut or hes chat banned (looking for tier 6 platoon win rate + platoon)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 13, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

what does this mean hovering over someone on friends list? either frozen thinks im a nut or hes chat banned

Chatbanned. God bless Frozentreat.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Hes a sperg but hes also the only person around that will platoon!

I tell him to let go of his anger and hatred but he just cant. I dont blame him.

Guys I have like seven tier 9 and 10 tanks to purchase and I need to know what the best way to grind credits is. I currently pop a 50% credit booster and alternate between my T-34 and Type-59 but it still takes so long... Is there some trick that i havent heard about?

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 13, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Nitramster posted:

I tell him to let go of his anger and hatred but he just cant. I dont blame him.

Guys I have like seven tier 9 and 10 tanks to purchase and I need to know what the best way to grind credits is. I currently pop a 50% credit booster and alternate between my T-34 and Type-59 but it still takes so long... Is there some trick that i havent heard about?

Get me drunk and steal my password? That'll cover most tier 10 needs.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

xthetenth posted:

If someone gets me intoxicated and takes advantage of me I hope they stop at just taking my World of Tanks account.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Hellsau posted:

If someone gets me intoxicated and takes advantage of me I hope they stop at just taking my World of Tanks account.

That's not even taking advantage of you, that's just an unconventional intervention.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

well do you even have anything else to take at this point? that someone would be interested in :rimshot:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

well do you even have anything else to take at this point? that someone would be interested in :rimshot:

Well I'd be pretty miffed if someone took all my Magic cards.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i get bullied at school because i play world of tanks and all the cool kids play runescape i got a wedgie today and they made me eat an eraser :(

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I Aced the Tiger II. 4k damage in a tier 8 game. Also there was a dude in the new French TD.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

McGavin posted:

I Aced the Tiger II. 4k damage in a tier 8 game. Also there was a dude in the new French TD.

i got a "special offer" to buy that td before it was released "to the general public" no thanks WG im waiting for the skorp g

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

xthetenth posted:

If only you could transfer credits!

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

[quote="“Nitramster”" post="“477327088”"]
[/quote]

Just don't do it.
It is simply not worth it.
Says the proud owner of 7-8 tier 10s.

[quote="“Turmoilx”" post="“477323828”"]
what does this mean hovering over someone on friends list? either frozen thinks im a nut or hes chat banned (looking for tier 6 platoon win rate + platoon)
[/quote]

Why not both?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

both? i dont, im grinding credits for rebuying e100 line since its "on sale" (already have e100 just rebuying other junk) tiger 1 and 2 bought so far now for the e75 ahhh pain!!!! and i dont even fuckin want em its just giving me something to do since booster make it quick
..and there the e75 is bought time to passout only to wake up to grind credits again

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Oct 13, 2017

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Barry posted:

It's terrible design to make what should be a powerhouse of a tank entirely mediocre for 60+ battles simply because they want you to spend money on it. $15+ for a pixel cannon. I love nothing more than "I did the thing, give me my next pellet" gameplay ala ARPGs/MMOs/RPGs but this is just silly. Obviously the free XP sinks make them boatloads of cash but I can't help but wonder if there are better ways to make said cash without endlessly frustrating your playerbase.

It's Terrible By Design™ Wargaming. :allears:

Yeah, there are definitely ways to make money while not simultaneously making elements of your game awful to play. The premium account is actually one of them, because you have the option to play for free, or to pay a little bit to make your game time more profitable, and there are no time barriers or gates in WoT, thankfully (e.g. "buy gems to unlock this tank faster!")

If they had a customizable matchmaker, where you could filter out certain game modes or parameters like "no arty" or "no Pilsen/Stalingrad/whatever lovely map you hate" and you could pay gold to activate them I'm sure many players would gladly buy into them!

Barry posted:

Who is ever going to buy this?

I did the math, and if I'm correct (each consumable costs 50 gold regularly, right?) then that bundle's worth exactly $20 in gold value, and who wouldn't just stock up on consumables at half off anyway?

McGavin posted:

1x Tank Hollow emblem
8x Barracks slots

I have to get you a screenshot of some of the crap I've earned....

BadLlama posted:

No joke, I waited months to buy discounted barracks slots, and the discount never came. Finally I just gave up and bought some at full price, then a couple weeks later there was a sale. :suicide:

Nitramster posted:

Premium account, credit booster, and whatever your most profitable premium tank is. Or I think there's some guy on eBay who will grind credits on your account for money. :shrug:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Speaking of earning credits, on EU I have been looking forward to this special:

quote:

14–17 October: You know very well that when it comes to tanks, there is no such thing as too much money. Luckily with this special offer, you will be able to get as close to rich as possible.

Today they posted the details: 3 times per day you can earn a +25% credits booster.

:suicide:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I hope they allow us to keep the T-10 when it gets switched to the different branch. It is such a good tank.

Also, the IS-7 is pretty drat amazing since it's buffs.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Nitramster posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-Of-Tanks-10MLN-Silver-220-000XP-WoT-Not-Bonus-Code-PC-/253205677910

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Just seeing what weird offers are out there robbing poor saps blind and holy poo poo WHAT THE gently caress?!

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress?!?!

Edit:
loving hell I got a sandbox invite lolwat.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 13, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

WoT players are stupid with their money.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Nitramster posted:

If only you could transfer credits!

Ha! That's something my account doesn't have! :v:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

2 sold? Wow

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
The new HD maps are looking pretty drat good. I would love it if they gave Port and Dragon Ridge the same overhaul and bring them back, but I know it's not going to happen.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

They only need to change one thing on Dragon Ridge. South spawn gets some bullshit camoed shots onto the northern players crossing into the center, which is easy enough to block. When people recognize that crossing that gap will get you shot (such as me calling the battle and saying, "if you go this way I will TK you") then the map is great and balanced.

They could elevate the east terrain and make it not swampy to make pub games better, maybe turn the west hills into paved roads to speed up flanking. The east was totally worthless in coordinated fights anyway but the rest of the map was good there.

Man gently caress Y0L0.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

They only need to change one thing on Dragon Ridge. South spawn gets some bullshit camoed shots onto the northern players crossing into the center, which is easy enough to block. When people recognize that crossing that gap will get you shot (such as me calling the battle and saying, "if you go this way I will TK you") then the map is great and balanced.

They could elevate the east terrain and make it not swampy to make pub games better, maybe turn the west hills into paved roads to speed up flanking. The east was totally worthless in coordinated fights anyway but the rest of the map was good there.

Man gently caress Y0L0.

At this point I don't even think WG remembers Dragon Ridge.

Just the two of us Hellsau :smith:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

At this point I don't even think WG remembers Dragon Ridge.

Just the two of us Hellsau :smith:

Seriously gently caress Y0L0. My last time playing on Dragon's Ridge was a smashing success and they ruined it through their shitheadery.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
Let's remove the Obj 416, lower the 430-II and 430 to tier 8 and 9, and add a new special Obj 430 as tier 10.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Wait are they getting 122mms? Weird, but I guess it makes sense following from the 107 on the A-44. I'll be sad to see the 416 go, that tank was hilariously good.

I can't say anything about the 430, obviously they'll rebalance both the re-tiered tanks, but the 430-II always struck me as a slightly worse 416, considering it's a tier higher.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

so should i panic grind this line now while its good or is it the otherway around? eh..might as well work on it since im in the mood for buying random tanks and keeping them to start collecting

also I GOT MY SECOND EPEN BADGE WUUUHOOW https://imgur.com/a/8sUyN oh man im disappointed now i thought i could have them both on at the same time but nope ..thats uh complete waste of effort now

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 13, 2017

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
So I guess WoWP launched their V2.0 recently. I tried it briefly tonight and flying doesn't feel like total dogshit anymore. The new gamemode seems ok, but they don't explain how it works very well so I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing. If anyone else is gonna try it, there's some free stuff here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofWarplanes/comments/760z6k/codes_giveaways_contests/
and here's a "corsair code" for NA which gives 3 planes: CRSRT-WVEKP-UUG2T

I can't seem to see any indication of how many players are online in it, so no idea if it's more or less dead than it was in the previous version.

E:
Jingles seems to like it a bit too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEx1UQJ5sec

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

.4 accuracy on a tier X medium lol

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

I can't seem to see any indication of how many players are online in it, so no idea if it's more or less dead than it was in the previous version.

The API stopped reporting user numbers completely so it's probably pretty dead.

BadLlama posted:

.4 accuracy on a tier X medium lol

2.5k dpm. :suicide:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Darkrenown posted:

So I guess WoWP launched their V2.0 recently. I tried it briefly tonight and flying doesn't feel like total dogshit anymore. The new gamemode seems ok, but they don't explain how it works very well so I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing. If anyone else is gonna try it, there's some free stuff here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofWarplanes/comments/760z6k/codes_giveaways_contests/
and here's a "corsair code" for NA which gives 3 planes: CRSRT-WVEKP-UUG2T

:thunk: flying metal bird game sounds familiar maybe ill try it depending on how long that code stays good for