Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did yall not see the REEEE guy video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

Hey guys? I know this Rick and Morty bullshit looks like autism, but don’t call it autism. Whether or not autism is the underlying condition here, the implication you’re all making is that these people’s lovely behavior is synonymous with it. It’s galling to read for somebody like who not only is autistic, but regularly hangs with autistic people who would never take out their disappointment—no matter how intense—on fast food workers the way these loving assholes have.

That’s the bottom line, guys: It doesn’t matter that they’re autistic, it matters that they’re loving assholes.

I'm sorry DP (and anyone else); I really should know better and there's no excuse. I'm going to not be lovely about that moving forward. It's long past time when I should have excised that from my vocabulary throwing it around casually like an idiot. I hope we're cool.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I mean, I still throw it around sometimes, too, along with other words I probably shouldn't. So long as you know it's dumb/bad you're already streets ahead of people who would defend using it as an insult imo

Change takes time and patience!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

IRQ posted:

I'm sorry DP (and anyone else); I really should know better and there's no excuse. I'm going to not be lovely about that moving forward. It's long past time when I should have excised that from my vocabulary throwing it around casually like an idiot. I hope we're cool.

Not only are we cool,

esperterra posted:

I mean, I still throw it around sometimes, too, along with other words I probably shouldn't. So long as you know it's dumb/bad you're already streets ahead of people who would defend using it as an insult imo

Change takes time and patience!

I’m not perfect about this either. In fact, I’m a lot more sensitive about this than I am about the “R” word; it’s an awkward double standard, and I don’t personally use that word anymore (it’s been a while since I have), but when it comes down to it? I’ll let you call me that word a dozen times before I let you pin this Szechwan poo poo—or any other obsessive behavior (like that guy who inserted himself into The Powerpuff Girls)—whole cloth on autism.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DivisionPost posted:

that guy who inserted himself into The Powerpuff Girls

I almost forgot about this glorious well of cringertainment.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

esperterra posted:

I almost forgot about this glorious well of cringertainment.

What are you talking about?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

pentyne posted:

I feel like most people would live happy lives if they learned not to ask questions like that on the internet, because there is literally no answer that can make things better.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't want to know about dudes inserting themselves into powerpuff girls.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

pentyne posted:

One of the writers of the new (and terrible) PPG show has/had a self insert character that wanted to get with Blossom and would appear only in episodes he wrote.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

esperterra posted:

One of the writers of the new (and terrible) PPG show has/had a self insert character that wanted to get with Blossom and would appear only in episodes he wrote.

gently caress your for reminding me that existed. Nobody look this up. I know me saying that might make you do it but ... save yourself.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cael posted:

gently caress your for reminding me that existed. Nobody look this up. I know me saying that might make you do it but ... save yourself.

Blame Division imo, he reminded me first!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Dan Harmon self-diagnosed himself with Asperger's Syndrome. Multiple times.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Mann posted:

So has a good 1/10th of this website's users.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Guy Mann posted:

At this point the people dogpiling on dunking on a bunch of kids getting taken advantage of by one of the biggest corporations on Earth are rapidly becoming more insufferable than the people they're making fun of.

Guy Mann this is the worst take I've ever seen that didn't come from Wickedhate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Guy Mann this is the worst take I've ever seen that didn't come from Wickedhate.

:iceburn:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

https://twitter.com/TomatoGrandpa/status/917903050085470211

I turned myself into a hot take, Morty! I'M HOT TAKE RIIIIICK!!!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Guy Mann posted:

As controversial and noxious as self-diagnosis is, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what your point is besides "gently caress Dan Harmon" and why anyone should care.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

esperterra posted:

Fortunately, CN and other writers have said that this isnt true

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

As controversial and noxious as self-diagnosis is, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what your point is besides "gently caress Dan Harmon" and why anyone should care.

gently caress dan harmon seems to be a pretty reasonable point to make tbf

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guy Mann posted:

https://twitter.com/TomatoGrandpa/status/917903050085470211

I turned myself into a hot take, Morty! I'M HOT TAKE RIIIIICK!!!

DivisionPost posted:

Solid post combo here

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Dan Harmon is an extremely lovely person and Rick is pretty much just an idealized self-insert of him.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What did Dan Harmon do?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mu Zeta posted:

What did Dan Harmon do?

He was born.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, Tall Sperg Syndrome. :stab:

Discord savaged my post...

Ima say something nice to Dan on twitter.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Oct 13, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

HorseRenoir posted:

Dan Harmon is an extremely lovely person and Rick is pretty much just an idealized self-insert of him.

Are you getting Dan Harmon confused with the other guy?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mindhunter seems pretty good. Fichers style always works really well on tv. But sometimes I look at all the setups he uses and think poo poo that looks like hardwork for a 40 min tv episode.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah I'm on Ep 2 of Mindhunter (the montage was great), really digging this. Might make a thread later tonight if nobody else does.

And I'm surprised by the opening scene of the first episode, Fincher said when Netflix told him how many millions of people turned off House of Cards after the first scene he was horrified. That was tame in comparison to Mindhunter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

What did Dan Harmon do?
He got divorced, and all of us are friends with his ex. It's a p. awkward sitch [ed notes: pretty; situation].

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Mulva posted:

I feel like most people would live happy lives if they learned not to ask questions like that on the internet, because there is literally no answer that can make things better.

This is probably the truest statement ever.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

drunkill posted:

Yeah I'm on Ep 2 of Mindhunter (the montage was great), really digging this. Might make a thread later tonight if nobody else does.

And I'm surprised by the opening scene of the first episode, Fincher said when Netflix told him how many millions of people turned off House of Cards after the first scene he was horrified. That was tame in comparison to Mindhunter.

Also the ending sequence in the elevator is genius too.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

What did Dan Harmon do?

Try and weasel out of having to pay for his employees' health insurance to the point where their union had to threaten a strike to get him to cut that poo poo out. And this was after Rick & Morty S1 was a smash hit.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How did Breaking Bad win two Saturn Awards when I'm pretty sure they're meant to be for science-fiction shows?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Well, there's chemistry in the show.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guy Mann posted:

Try and weasel out of having to pay for his employees' health insurance to the point where their union had to threaten a strike to get him to cut that poo poo out. And this was after Rick & Morty S1 was a smash hit.

that wasn't him, it was roiland, and from what I understand from the actual loving animators who post in the Rick and Morty thread it's a little more complicated than that

But also, what the gently caress does that have to do with your original point

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Wheat Loaf posted:

How did Breaking Bad win two Saturn Awards

It won twelve, not two

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Arist posted:

that wasn't him, it was roiland, and from what I understand from the actual loving animators who post in the Rick and Morty thread it's a little more complicated than that

But also, what the gently caress does that have to do with your original point

Lurdiak posted:

Are you getting Dan Harmon confused with the other guy?

Well, what do you know.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

less laughter posted:

It won twelve, not two

How?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Wikipedia posted:

The Saturn Awards are often criticized for having a broad and inconsistent definition of genres, as well as for nominating and awarding movies not related to sci-fi, fantasy or horror.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, I'm just looking at some of these winners of the Saturn Award for "Best Action or Adventure Film". It was first awarded in 1994 and the inaugural winner was... Pulp Fiction. That's a great movie but it's not what you'd call an action or adventure movie, is it? Movies it won over included Speed and True Lies.

Subsequent winners include The Green Mile (action! adventure!) and Hidden Figures (you don't get much more action-packed than a biopic about female mathematicians at NASA in the 1960s).

Actually, almost none of the winners in this category were action or adventure movies!

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Made a thread for Mindhunter :justpost:

Has a kickass soundtrack too.

• Locked thread