Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Help Stars and Celebrities: What Do They Know? Do They Know Things?? Let's Find Out!

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the budget and Brexit preparations – Philip Hammond will publish a breakdown of spending on Brexit preparations before next month’s budget, amid growing pressure from pro-leave backbench MPs to show the government is serious about preparing for ‘no deal’"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Remain-supporting Cabinet ministers refuse to say if they would support Brexit in new referendum

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Vitamin P posted:

I recognise the RPG Maker character generator when I see it, they didn't even draw Ben Carson lol

I mean the makers know that anyone who'd play groß wouldn't go for Carson anyways because 1) he's black, 2) they dream of big manly daddy Trump.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Don't get me wrong, I still think this is a dumb idea, but from what I've heard this game is meant to be political satire and it's being made by people who are anti-Trump.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't remember the exact details of how Explorer Scouts related to the Boy Scouts, but they allowed girls to join. Around 1993 when I was in Boy Scouts and went to scout camp, two Explorer Scout girls were there. One of them was considered to be very attractive, and there was intense fighting over her totem at dinner time.

It's a different program run by the same organization that runs the Boy Scouts. Venturing, Sea Scouts, and Varsity Scouts are all under the BSA, so they get to use all the BSA stuff like the camps and high adventure bases.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I checked the news, and it's not even something super :airquote: controversial :airquote: like the BSA allowing trans boys or whatever. It's seriously them just adding all-girl dens to Cub Scouts, and a new girls chapter in 2019.

EDIT: Also, I imagine the scouts still suck and are largely under the thumb of regressive religious organizations. The Girl Scouts are still vastly superior to the BSA, so this is likely the BSA just trying to appease fundamentalists who don't want their girls in that lesbian abortion-loving scouting program.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 13, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Don't get me wrong, I still think this is a dumb idea, but from what I've heard this game is meant to be political satire and it's being made by people who are anti-Trump.
I laughed

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pants Donkey posted:

I checked the news, and it's not even something super :airquote: controversial :airquote: like the BSA allowing trans boys or whatever. It's seriously them just adding all-girl dens to Cub Scouts, and a new girls chapter in 2019.

EDIT: Also, I imagine the scouts still suck and are largely under the thumb of regressive religious organizations. The Girl Scouts are still vastly superior to the BSA, so this is likely the BSA just trying to appease fundamentalists who don't want their girls in that lesbian abortion-loving scouting program.

Which is why I think it's a bad idea. The Girl Scouts do a lot more for girls than the Boy Scouts will so any unfortunate girl who gets stuck n the BSA is getting a raw deal.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Which is why I think it's a bad idea. The Girl Scouts do a lot more for girls than the Boy Scouts will so any unfortunate girl who gets stuck n the BSA is getting a raw deal.

It depends heavily on the individual troop. Either way, though, teenage boys will be teenage boys - by and large, utter shitheads.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I used to be a boy scout and now I'm a girl, thanks obama.

(For letting me afford my hormones)

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Cythereal posted:

It depends heavily on the individual troop. Either way, though, teenage boys will be teenage boys - by and large, utter shitheads.

Agreed. From my experience, most decisions are made at the lower levels and the national organization has very little control.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I'm mostly concerned about that disembodied head Meryl Streep is holding

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

This completely depends on the locality. Both are theoretically under the power of a centralized authority but in actuality very free to do whatever at a local level.

Both programs have their strengths, but on-paper BSA offers a gently caress of a lot that GSA doesn't and it's good for girls to have the choice.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Not exactly a cartoon but worth sharing:

https://twitter.com/SlimBaeless/status/918271905605607424

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wow, nice to see conservatives care sooooo much about sexual harassment! I bet the Republican controlled House and Senate will jump right on the task of tough legislation to help control this in every business. Which will then be signed into law by the Pre-

I can't....

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Zemyla posted:

They literally had a Scrooge storyline where he tried to get rid of all his money by giving it to poor people to spend, but when they spent it, it wound up that enough of the things they spent it on were Scrooge-owned that he ended up even richer than when he started.

A Keynesian cartoon.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Why indeed.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I haven't visited this thread in maybe a year, but it's nice to know the shitheads are still shitheads.

"But you see Harvey Weinstein was a Democrat. That means all Democrats are bad."

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Heh! So many cartoonists getting those sick burns in on Hillary!

CNN posted:

(CNN) -- Hillary Clinton said in an interview with CNN on Wednesday that she will donate the money Harvey Weinstein contributed to her political campaigns after multiple sexual assault allegations were leveled against the powerful Hollywood mogul.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Trogdos! posted:

wow sick burn bennett

Is she interrupting a tender embrace? That's the only thing I can make out (heh) from the outstretched arms and wiggly fingers.

The Bloop posted:

Both programs have their strengths, but on-paper BSA offers a gently caress of a lot that GSA doesn't and it's good for girls to have the choice.

Girls should absolutely have the right to sit around a fire in the freezing cold, complaining about how much it sucks while the adults drunkenly whoop it up at the other end of some desolate field. Just like how they should be able to go fetal in a cheap sleeping bag, wondering if time seems to be slowing because their Walkman's batteries are dying or if they, themselves, are sinking into the cold, gaping maw of death. :colbert:

(I'm assuming my experience was typical.)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The two week delay couldn't have worked better with the Pence event. :allears:

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Trogdos! posted:

wow sick burn bennett

The influence of lived female perspective dissipates impressionable boys' "locker room talk" at a young age, AGC

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

After The War posted:

Is she interrupting a tender embrace? That's the only thing I can make out (heh) from the outstretched arms and wiggly fingers.
I think she actually caught the middle guy about to grope the other guy. Those are cartoony grab fingers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aw, keyboard cat. :( RIP little guy.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Pants Donkey posted:

The Girl Scouts are still vastly superior to the BSA, so this is likely the BSA just trying to appease fundamentalists who don't want their girls in that lesbian abortion-loving scouting program.

Seriously, if anything we need to start letting boys into the girl scouts because it's by far the superior organization and they might learn how to interact with girls as people instead of objects. Me and my brothers and sisters all did scouting and it was really obvious from day one that my brothers had the short end of that stick.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Keyboard cat died like 30 years ago so that'd make her a Soviet agent :tinfoil:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

drat thats some good rear end art

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

mistaya posted:

Seriously, if anything we need to start letting boys into the girl scouts because it's by far the superior organization and they might learn how to interact with girls as people instead of objects. Me and my brothers and sisters all did scouting and it was really obvious from day one that my brothers had the short end of that stick.

Boys are already allowed in girl scouts.

Though like with most things, I think it's a troop to troop thing.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I don't know, boy scouts taught me how to start fires, make homemade explosives, shoot guns and to distrust everyone else. So pretty much everything one needs in life.

What does girl scouts do?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Axe-man posted:

I don't know, boy scouts taught me how to start fires, make homemade explosives, shoot guns and to distrust everyone else. So pretty much everything one needs in life.

Fleece strangers.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Axe-man posted:

Break up the Beatles :argh:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Axe-man posted:

Sell cookies, community service, travel, start fires, complicated girl social dynamics. Also scrapbooking.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Even if I disagree with what they are saying"
You have no loving idea what they're saying.
You hack.
You stain.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vib Rib posted:

"Even if I disagree with what they are saying"
You have no loving idea what they're saying.
You hack.
You stain.

""Those black people probably deserved it, but I'm fine with you saying they didn't." - A black girl" - A white man.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lmao that boy scouts and girl scouts are different things in America
that's fuckin weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

"What do you think of the reason behind their protest?"
"Wait, there's a reason?"

• Locked thread