Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Peyton and Billie are literally just doing the Beautiful People gimmick from mid 2000s TNA.

And the both still stink in the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah I'm fine with a transitional undeserving heel reign to buffer the Joshi supremacy reigns a little, and Peyton's a solid talker with a good look and will be able to have a decent match with the workrate stars. Nikki would be fine too but seems to be in like 3 storylines already and turning face.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

spudsbuckley posted:

Peyton and Billie are literally just doing the Beautiful People gimmick from mid 2000s TNA.
The Beautiful People + NXT's own BFFs. Hell, I'd say Emma & Dana already did the same gimmick better in NXT. WWE needs to learn a new way to write women teams.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Peyton and Billie do funny twitter videos with Gargano in airports and stuff that's my main thing i know about them

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
It's gonna be hosed up when the Iconic Duo make it to the main roster and get punished for constantly trying to get themselves over on social media.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Peyton is good and her fisherman suplex is great.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Vaguido posted:

It's gonna be hosed up when the Iconic Duo make it to the main roster and get punished for constantly trying to get themselves over on social media.

They will fit right in next to Emma.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I enjoy Billie exponentially more than Peyton but it's tough to give an iconic poo poo about them in general

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Stale Saltines posted:

Peyton is good and her fisherman suplex is great.

I’ll give her the fisherman’s suplex being great and she’s not bad in the ring.

It’s just hard to get behind a woman that looks and sounds like a peacock that hangs out with Cruella DeVille.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
If there was one good thing that came out of the women's match, it was Taynara's face when she realised how badly she hosed up.

It's beautiful :allears:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ELzze57B2g

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Peyton and Billie come off as amateur comedians pretending to be pro wrestlers, not actual pro wrestlers. Neither of them should touch the belt.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Learning where the cameras are isn't just a meme https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/918373449009106944

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

jimmydalad posted:

If there was one good thing that came out of the women's match, it was Taynara's face when she realised how badly she hosed up.

It's beautiful :allears:

Man, the MYC did so much good for NXT. Also, she’s drat pretty.

I can forgive Lio for messing up the hard cam. And really enjoy the movement he showed off in that match.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

rovert posted:

Learning where the cameras are isn't just a meme https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/918373449009106944

Wasn't it Finn who originally said he had to learn how to work to the WWE cameras anyway? How did that become a "HHH thinks indy guys don't know how to work" thing?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Stale Saltines posted:

Wasn't it Finn who originally said he had to learn how to work to the WWE cameras anyway? How did that become a "HHH thinks indy guys don't know how to work" thing?

Because HHH IS AS BAD AS VINCE straw-grasping (where there's a ton of more legitimate "ammo" to bitch about w/r/t WWE's treatment of new signees).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Stale Saltines posted:

Styles said that if he had hosed up camera facing just once around his debut he'd get depushed, so it was imperative that less experienced guys learn the ropes at NXT. He also claimed that guys who came up through the PC together were less cutthroat carny with each other.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I mean there's a tiny bit of truth to it, but HHH isn't going to say "Oh, we are keeping these vets in NXT because we need them to carry the brand to make NXT (and me) look good", so instead you get "Hey they need to learn a few things."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
An NXT Performance Center tryout started today. There are some indie names but don't get too carried away.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

rovert posted:

An NXT Performance Center tryout started today. There are some indie names but don't get too carried away.

The well is starting to run dry at this stage.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wwe is just going to hire literally everyone but also never use any of them. It's what I call smart business.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I remember when the Indy well was running dry in 20-dickety-13.

There's always more, and it's always worse

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I look forward to Jason "The Gift" Kincaid and Bulldozer in the audience at the next NXT Takeover

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Rob posted:

Wwe is just going to hire literally everyone but also never use any of them. It's what I call smart business.

It's what WCW tried to do

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Davros1 posted:

And my point stands. Smart business

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rovert posted:

Per the Observer Fred Yehi is the next WWE indie signee.

yeawff

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Like Jake The Snake has worked an indie date or two in teh past ten years, does he count as an indie talent?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

I look forward to Jason "The Gift" Kincaid and Bulldozer in the audience at the next NXT Takeover

Kincaid is less ludicrous than you might think

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Finally went to my first ever live wrestling show (an NXT house show in Jacksonville, FL) and it was amazing. I'm sure a lot of goons have been to live shows and I imagine the sheen probably wears off, but I had an amazing time. From Lio Rush kicking the poo poo out of some German dude to finally seeing Kairi's elbow drop in person, it was loving awesome. The real highlight however was seeing Lars Sullivan, Riddick Moss, and Tucker Knight rolling into the Whataburger we went to. I'm definitely going back next time they roll through.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Davros1 posted:

It's also almost every game of TEW I played.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quasipox posted:

Finally went to my first ever live wrestling show (an NXT house show in Jacksonville, FL) and it was amazing. I'm sure a lot of goons have been to live shows and I imagine the sheen probably wears off, but I had an amazing time.

Live wrestling is almost always a blast, glad you had a great time - especially if it isn't on television, the wrestlers don't have to deal with that additional pressure plus they get to play around with the standard format a bit and try different things.

Kapzy
Aug 15, 2015

Went to my first NXT show tonight and oh my god i love NXT more than the main roster. Dudes i didn't even care about had my attention.
This is one of my favorite pictures i took.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Drew is so great, and I'm glad he's champ - with his height and look and ability I figure he can't be long for NXT before they haul him up to the main roster though.

Kapzy
Aug 15, 2015

Jerusalem posted:

Drew is so great, and I'm glad he's champ - with his height and look and ability I figure he can't be long for NXT before they haul him up to the main roster though.

I also took more pictures if anyone wants to see them
https://imgur.com/a/n5SEY

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A boxer if you can't tell by the picture:

https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/918651089980866560

Karen Q , Matthew Justice and Madison Rayne are at the WWE tryout too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Capitus Von Doom posted:

Hideo's alive! I don't think I've seen him on TV since he did the (amazing) sell on the lowblow in his match against Ohno.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Capitus Von Doom posted:

This is the jacksonville armory right? Havent been to a show there in a while but that crowd was real fun when I was going to see every show that came to town.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Got my tickets for Takeover and I'm super drat excited. I've always loved War Games and am so happy they're doing it properly with two rings. Got some drat good seats in section 107, too:

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

beggar posted:

This is the jacksonville armory right? Havent been to a show there in a while but that crowd was real fun when I was going to see every show that came to town.

Yea, this is the armory. The crowd was awesome, but there was a guy screaming "PEARL HARBOR!" at Cheng Yuxiang that was pretty awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I wish that 205 Live were booked better and taken more seriously because despite Itami's best efforts to be a heavyweight he would be great against some of the cruiserweights he could do his cocky shtick on

• Locked thread