Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Suave Fedora posted:

What are these silly acronyms? Is TB playing Sri Lanka?

Denver Broncos playing the Denver Nuggets is gonna be a weird rear end game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Suave Fedora posted:

I need a win desperately. Pick flex .5 ppr:

Funchess vs PHI
McKinnon vs GB

Having been burned the last couple years I would want to see another good game from McKinnon first. Funchess has a great matchup and is red hot. I'd start him, even though it's a lovely Thursday game.

----

Full PPR, pick 2

Jarvis Landry @ ATL
Pierre Garcon @ WAS
Demaryius Thomas vs NYG

Leaning Landry and Garcon because I'm worried Denver/New York will be over by the end of the 1st quarter.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
0PPR Need 1:

Jeffery vs Car - Fantasy Pros says to play @ 38%
Allen vs Chi - FP says to play @ 15%
McKinnon vs GB - FP says to play @ 30%

Also have McGuire, Fuller, Funchess, and DT

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

Having been burned the last couple years I would want to see another good game from McKinnon first. Funchess has a great matchup and is red hot. I'd start him, even though it's a lovely Thursday game.

----

Full PPR, pick 2

Jarvis Landry @ ATL
Pierre Garcon @ WAS
Demaryius Thomas vs NYG

Leaning Landry and Garcon because I'm worried Denver/New York will be over by the end of the 1st quarter.

Demaryius and Pierre. Den / NYG could be over quick but I don't trust Jay Cutler at all.

Alfalfa posted:

0PPR Need 1:

Jeffery vs Car - Fantasy Pros says to play @ 38%
Allen vs Chi - FP says to play @ 15%
McKinnon vs GB - FP says to play @ 30%

Also have McGuire, Fuller, Funchess, and DT

Funchess

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Hmm never even considered him. Any specific reason why you say go with him over the others?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Cotton Candidasis posted:

McCaffrey. No way Carolina sees that coming.

Lmao thanks. Posted that on the go. Seriously though in half PPR, RB2:

McCaffrey vs PHI
Kamara vs DET

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Demaryius and Pierre. Den / NYG could be over quick but I don't trust Jay Cutler at all.

I don't either really, but Landry has scored 10+ every week despite having Cutler throw the ball to him. Demaryius is coming off a 2 point stinker.

Definitely feel the best about Garcon. Will flip-flop on Landry/DT for the rest of the week :sigh:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

scrubs season six posted:

Denver Broncos playing the Denver Nuggets is gonna be a weird rear end game.

I'm just excited the NFL is finally moving forward with the much-anticipated Bengalese Series games.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Hmm never even considered him. Any specific reason why you say go with him over the others?

With Eagles OT Lane Johnson out, I think the Carolina defense (which has gotten that team to 4-1) beats up Wentz tonight which will let the Panthers have more time of possession.

Alshon - Wentz spreads the ball around too much and if he takes pressure tonight like I think he will, he'll just dump it to Ertz.
Pierre Garcon / Demaryious Thomas - Both are positional receivers at this point making them more valuable in PPR.
McGuire - Splitting time with Matt Forte. Only a PPR play to me.
Fuller - He would be my second choice after Funchess. They are equal in value to me but the Eagles have given up the 2nd most passing yards, while Cleveland is 23rd.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RisqueBarber posted:

With Eagles OT Lane Johnson out, I think the Carolina defense (which has gotten that team to 4-1) beats up Wentz tonight which will let the Panthers have more time of possession.

Alshon - Wentz spreads the ball around too much and if he takes pressure tonight like I think he will, he'll just dump it to Ertz.
Pierre Garcon / Demaryious Thomas - Both are positional receivers at this point making them more valuable in PPR.
McGuire - Splitting time with Matt Forte. Only a PPR play to me.
Fuller - He would be my second choice after Funchess. They are equal in value to me but the Eagles have given up the 2nd most passing yards, while Cleveland is 23rd.

Thanks. No McKinnon love? I'm in the boat of let him produce another game or two before I play him but curious if you think the same.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Thanks. No McKinnon love? I'm in the boat of let him produce another game or two before I play him but curious if you think the same.

I like him better in PPR obviously but I think I need to see more of him before I commit. He clearly looks like the better back compared to Murray but it was against a beat up Chicago team. I feel the same way about him as I do with Aaron Jones on Green Bay. Aaron played against a Sean Lee-less Cowboys defense and I'm convinced anyone would have looked good back there. I'd see if McKinnon gets consistent goal line work before you start him.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

1 PPR, do I go ahead and play McCaffrey tonight vs. PHI or does Aaron Jones (@ MIN) have one more week to run wild before Montgomery comes back to turn things into a timeshare? I realize Montgomery's role this week isn't 100% clear yet and since I'm usually risk-averse I've got McCaffrey slotted in there at the moment. (Other options: Gore @ TEN, Cohen @ BAL)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Need some opinions on my terrible no good very bad RB option for this week

Marlon Mack or Theo Riddick in PPR?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Need some opinions on my terrible no good very bad RB option for this week

Marlon Mack or Theo Riddick in PPR?

Theo vs NO for sure

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I could play Wentz tonight @CAR (without Lane Johnson)

I can try to grab Stafford @NO (but am unlikely to snag him via waiver as I am 8th atm)
or hope Mariota recovers for Mon vIND

Thoughts?

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

Bellmaker posted:

I could play Wentz tonight @CAR (without Lane Johnson)

I can try to grab Stafford @NO (but am unlikely to snag him via waiver as I am 8th atm)
or hope Mariota recovers for Mon vIND

Thoughts?

You probably won't know if you can snag Stafford before tonight right? If so I'd stick with Wentz. I'd be weary of waiting on Mariota without having a monday night replacement for him

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

TheFace posted:

You probably won't know if you can snag Stafford before tonight right? If so I'd stick with Wentz. I'd be weary of waiting on Mariota without having a monday night replacement for him

That's what I was thinking, thanks.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Suave Fedora posted:

Fournette is an auto-start.
Martin, CJA.

What are these silly acronyms? Is TB playing Sri Lanka?

lol I dunno what the gently caress happened there, I guess I wasn't paying attention to my auto-correct. Thanks

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

1 PPR, need 2 WR and 1 FLEX

Fitzgerald v TB
Rishard Matthews v IND
Tyreek Hill v PIT
Kamara v DET
Ellington v TB

figure fitz is unbenchabke and mariota seems to like rishard, and i figure kamara has best upside at flex but ellington has potential against tampa (other two rbs are gordon and demarco)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel triggered right now but Hill has a hammy so maybe sitting him might be a good idea.

Normally though hell naw

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Santheb posted:

Lmao thanks. Posted that on the go. Seriously though in half PPR, RB2:

McCaffrey vs PHI
Kamara vs DET

Sorry, forgot to follow up and it's too late now, but I would have slightly leaned Kamara even prior to this first quarter. Hope you picked him.

Sir Plus posted:

1 PPR, need 2 WR and 1 FLEX

Fitzgerald v TB
Rishard Matthews v IND
Tyreek Hill v PIT
Kamara v DET
Ellington v TB

figure fitz is unbenchabke and mariota seems to like rishard, and i figure kamara has best upside at flex but ellington has potential against tampa (other two rbs are gordon and demarco)

I'd go Fitz and Tyreek with Kamara. Rishard would be a basket of hope without Mariota's injury and there's no guarantee he (Mariota) will play. Hill's hammy issue seems less serious than Mariota's. Ellington probably won't put up last week's numbers and now will have AP leeching touches. If the Cards felt comfortable with Ellington, they probably would not have grasped for AP.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Sorry, forgot to follow up and it's too late now, but I would have slightly leaned Kamara even prior to this first quarter. Hope you picked him.

I'd go Fitz and Tyreek with Kamara. Rishard would be a basket of hope without Mariota's injury and there's no guarantee he (Mariota) will play. Hill's hammy issue seems less serious than Mariota's. Ellington probably won't put up last week's numbers and now will have AP leeching touches. If the Cards felt comfortable with Ellington, they probably would not have grasped for AP.

Gonna chime in and say AP's role probably has little bearing on Ellingtons role honestly.

Ellington is the 3rd/passing down back and AP won't be sniffing those.

edit: Arians already came out and flat out said AP won't be touching 3rd downs.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 13, 2017

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Okay, so I need a WR2 and I currently have

Rishard Matthews vs IND

My other options are:

Terrelle Pryor vs SF (Cousins is my QB)
Will Fuller vs CLE

I also have JJ Nelson, but I don't think he's a serious consideration over the others.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Q_res posted:

Okay, so I need a WR2 and I currently have

Rishard Matthews vs IND

My other options are:

Terrelle Pryor vs SF (Cousins is my QB)
Will Fuller vs CLE

I also have JJ Nelson, but I don't think he's a serious consideration over the others.

All 3 are close, but I think Pryor has the edge over the others. Fuller may have injury risk, and is the WR2 against Cleveland, who inexplicably are the best in the league at yards allowed to WR2s (possibly because of how wide open WR1s are). And Indy can cover WR1s now that Vontae Davis is back.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
2 PPR pick 2. Current starters bolded.

Smith-Schuster
Stills
Amari
Kearse
Kupp

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
.5 PPR

Njoku or Seferian-Jenkins for my TE spot this week?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

.5 PPR

ASJ :bandwagon:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

.5 PPR

Matchups?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
0 PPR.

My WRs are a mess, and with Dez on a bye, I am forced to pick between:

Snead vs. Det
Jaron Brown vs. TB

Also, I may as well ask. Yahoo projections are projecting Andre Ellington to have more than 3 points over Frank Gore, but Gore has been consistently good the past 4 weeks:

Gore vs. Ten
Ellington vs. TB

I am leaning towards Brown and Gore.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

0 PPR.

Snead vs. Det
Jaron Brown vs. TB

Also, I may as well ask. Yahoo projections are projecting Andre Ellington to have more than 3 points over Frank Gore, but Gore has been consistently good the past 4 weeks:

Gore vs. Ten
Ellington vs. TB

Yeah in Standard I'd agree with that. PPR would favour Ellington.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Twin Cinema posted:

0 PPR.

Snead vs. Det
Jaron Brown vs. TB

Gore vs. Ten
Ellington vs. TB

I can't blame you for choosing Brown, but I think Snead has the higher upside. Also, Brown saw a significant drop in snaps last week, specifically to the other Brown. Ellington has such a better matchup this week than Gore.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pick ONE (0.5 ppr)

Duke Johnson Jr. @ HOU
Mike Gillislee @ NYJ
Tevin Coleman vs MIA
Marlon Mack @ TEN

Leaning Duke but I could see Gillislee getting a few TD's against the lowly Jets.

Edit: Whoops, edited

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 13, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Pick ONE (0.5 ppr)

Duke Johnson Jr. @ CLE
Mike Gillislee @ NYJ
Tevin Coleman vs MIA
Marlon Mack @ TEN

Leaning Duke but I could see Gillislee getting a few TD's against the lowly Jets.

Duke against the Browns is a solid play. I'd still pick him even if he played the Texans this weekend.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Duke against the Browns is a solid play. I'd still pick him even if he played the Texans this weekend.

Haha whoops! So Duke @ HOU over Gillislee still?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Haha whoops! So Duke @ HOU over Gillislee still?

Yeah I think his ppr advantage (and being the best browns player) gives him an edge over Gilly. Gills might snake a goal line look, but I think Duke gets that plus passes.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Who do I flex in .5 PPR:

Buck Allen v CHI
ASJ v NE
Jeremy Maclin v CHI
Will Fuller v CLE
Alex Collins v CHI

Also yes I know I own too many Ravens but I wasn't expecting Flacco to be so poo poo this year.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Who do I flex in .5 PPR:

Buck Allen v CHI
ASJ v NE
Jeremy Maclin v CHI
Will Fuller v CLE
Alex Collins v CHI

Also yes I know I own too many Ravens but I wasn't expecting Flacco to be so poo poo this year.

I'm pretty high on Buck Allen right now after reading that the bears give up a lot points to rbs. West is most definitely out. Tho ASJ and Will Fuller are interesting options. Still, leaning Buck for ya.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm pretty high on Buck Allen right now after reading that the bears give up a lot points to rbs. West is most definitely out. Tho ASJ and Will Fuller are interesting options. Still, leaning Buck for ya.

I'm high on Buck too, but I think if Fuller is remotely healthy you gotta take him vs CLE, even in halfPPR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

I'm high on Buck too, but I think if Fuller is remotely healthy you gotta take him vs CLE, even in halfPPR.

I don't know. I have concerns about Fuller's usage. He had 6 targets his first productive week, but last week only had 3. I'm not sure he can get 2 tds on 3 targets consistently. Especially when one of those was a 48 yarder. Wouldn't knock someone for starting him though. He's a good footballer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Njoku has Houston and ASJ gets new England.

• Locked thread