Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I think everyone would have appreciated getting the drop on Farlyn in her current state than the other way around.

that was probably never going to happen. the terrain was reshaping itself to help her and hinder intruders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
its not dark magic, its ancient magic

ya'll are so prejudiced

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that was probably never going to happen. the terrain was reshaping itself to help her and hinder intruders.
Then the setup is this. Farlyn needs space and presumably time to get to places which is why the harpies arrive sooner than she does. If Laius and Co. had not been ambushed they would still be dealing with the current conflict over the revival of Farlyn and Sureau's anger. But assuming that people start moving the main group was still able to evade detection successfully from the smaller creatures.

Her size works against her in that she either has to navigate the larger streets and buildings, or has to utilize the rooftops. The latter could make it easier to spot her especially if the ninjas and catgirl are present. It would have been interesting to see but it can still go so many ways. They are at a numbers disadvantage and all it takes is one creature spotting the group for Farlyn to be drawn to them. Maybe they could have spotted her first and maybe not.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if they had every advantage, a second trip to go find farlyn was never going to end well for obvious reasons.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I don't think that it was going to go well with this encounter but seeing her first is better than the current situation.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Is Laius going to want to eat some harpies? He's wanted to eat humanlike monsters before.

is he going to want to eat farlyn

advokat
Nov 17, 2012

There is still the possibility of resurrection complications due to the whole 1/13th rule. At least as it applies to Sureau's priest and the dog, they were straight up crushed under the weight of Farlyn. So while the ninja's are easy enough to rez, I don't know how the rules of healing will apply to a pulped upper body.

Clearly the solution is to cut bits out of Farlyn's new body and use them in an ancient magic ritual to fix everyone up. :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Slime posted:

Is Laius going to want to eat some harpies? He's wanted to eat humanlike monsters before.

Tastes just like chicken!

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Slime posted:

yes

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I am 100% convinced that due to Laius learning some magic from Marcille, he is going to end up as the new mad sorcerer that controls the dungeon after he eats the current one.

edit: Also, vague theory that all dragons are the same species, but develop different based on their environment or some other factor and this is why Farlyn is an avian dragon as opposed to the red dragon she was resurrected using.

Slime fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 16, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's a dragon that's been completely melted down into blood. I don't think it has a form at all, it's just a shapeshifter that chooses whatever it prefers at the moment.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Ancient magic is pure and good and I believe Marcille.

Using dead dragons in any sort of magic is just probably a bad idea and it doesn't matter if the magic is ancient or not!!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Dungeon Meshi monster tidbits.

So many good facts and scenes.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Oh..... Uh, hey, remember this earlier on?

(spoilered for :nws:)

Suddenly it makes sense

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 30, 2023

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

HenryEx posted:

Oh..... Uh, hey, remember this earlier on?

(spoilered for :nws:)

Suddenly it makes sense

Oh my god :laffo:

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Ah money, the greatest super power.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nope

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

lol

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Dungeon Meshi 38

Put on the glasses, Sureau!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
YES! I've been waiting for this chapter.

Dungeon Meshi, finally.

EDIT: Beaten!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, this is terrible! all the cute japanese girls have left.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

oh no, this is terrible! all the cute japanese girls have left.

Actually, I think you'll find only MOST of the cute Japanese girls have left.

Granted I don't think we've properly ascertained that the remaining one is actually from not-Japan, but presumably.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Bailing out of the dungeon and leaving a missing party member who might be wounded or dead behind is seriously not cool. Go and eat a bag of dicks Sureau. :colbert:

On the other hand, I guess Laiuis and co. will be getting a new party member soon, I guess?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

Actually, I think you'll find only MOST of the cute Japanese girls have left.

Granted I don't think we've properly ascertained that the remaining one is actually from not-Japan, but presumably.

If you haven't already, you should read the Prototype one shot. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to see how the original party was composed and how that relates to current events.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
"There's one thing I can tell you for certain. We've been eating three square meals a day and getting plenty of sleep and that makes us more serious about this than you are!!" made me laugh. Goofily earnest moments like that in the middle of serious drama make Dungeon Meshi for me, along with the recipes and the faces.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

If you haven't already, you should read the Prototype one shot. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to see how the original party was composed and how that relates to current events.

I did a reread yesterday of the whole series and I felt like an idiot because I somehow never connected the cat person from the one shot and the obvious ninja cat as the same character until then.

Also I think the

Slime posted:

I am 100% convinced that due to Laius learning some magic from Marcille, he is going to end up as the new mad sorcerer that controls the dungeon after he eats the current one.

After my reread, I think the comic kinda wants us to think this is happen, hence everyone asking what would Laius' decision be if he takes out the sorcerer, but really I think Marcille is the one heading down this road but as a benevolent replacement. Once word reaches the surface of what she did she will be wanted, and Chil points earlier before that even if she gets back there she probably will never have a normal life. Her taking the place of the sorcerer and creating her "safe" dungeon seems like the happiest ending she could get, and it really sets up the final conflict between Kabru and the party because he simply can not believe monsters can have any use to society.

I think Faryln will probably end up stuck down there as well even if they do manage to save her, (which I think they will, because her innate abilities with spirits probably makes her the best character to release the souls from the dungeon) because of this.

Also I think this might end up being kinda true.

Like the dungeon may be bounding souls and attracting adventurers for this reason, for what purpose I am not sure.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I had posted this in the surreal thread because I had forgotten about this one, but I was reminded when it was pointed out it's a better fit here.

A Witch's Printing Office. (Batoto link)

quote:

Mika Kamiya is a young woman who is a "magic printer" - that is, she helps to create grimoirs and other mystic books which witches and wizards can use. However, she cannot use any magic herself. Desperate to find a spell which can send her back to her home world, Mika decides to create a COMpletely magIcal marKET, where magicians can trade and show off their creations.
The art looks great and the premise seems like it could be fun.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
You wanted more antics from the crew in Delicious in Dungeon?
This week's issue has a triple-helping of your favourite characters.

https://bato.to/reader#c788f73a2f4ec4db

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
senshi's is obvious, but i wonder which is which for the other two laius?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

That was a great chapter. To me, it feels like Marcille's is obviously the deranged one that must consume while Senshi and Chilchak's could interchangeably be the giant macho one and the dopey passive one. Edit: but now that you mention it, if Senshi really does feel like all tall folk look alike he would be the one to mess up the faces and proportions badly for them while getting a better quality Chilchak double.

Also, did anyone catch what happened on page eight? I'm re-reading all the recent chapters to make sure it's not just my imagination.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 14, 2017

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Bad end, they've already lost the correct Marcille.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i feel like the accurate copies of the others are mostly chilchack's

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tuxedo Ted posted:

That was a great chapter. To me, it feels like Marcille's is obviously the deranged one that must consume while Senshi and Chilchak's could interchangeably be the giant macho one and the dopey passive one. Edit: but now that you mention it, if Senshi really does feel like all tall folk look alike he would be the one to mess up the faces and proportions badly for them while getting a better quality Chilchak double.

Also, did anyone catch what happened on page eight? I'm re-reading all the recent chapters to make sure it's not just my imagination.

ha, that's probably the missing ninja girl.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Bad end, they've already lost the correct Marcille.

ha, that's probably the missing ninja girl.

Just double checked - yeah, that's deffo a ninja gauntlet. She's probably somewhere hiding out with the ninja girl somewhere. Let's hope Laius notices.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The passive one appears to be a mix of Lauis and his sister, so I think that points to Chilchack. Also there was a neat touch where Marcille was only shown from the waist down before she put on her hood, so you can't go back and check.

Also, the Marcille with super glossy hair was probably Chilchack's, since Lauis has actually studied magic a bit at this point. Guess he's jelly of lustrous elven locks...

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 14, 2017

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah, after the re-read the missing ninja Asebi had the same gauntlets. Plus, now that Marcille is kinda OK with monster cuisine the party needs a new member to freak out about the menu, and the ninja from the chapter zero one-shot filled that role there.

Also after the re-read, there was a panel where Chilchak was forced to choose which party idiot to keep an eye on to do damage control while the other two dungeoneering parties were with them. When he imagined the worst-case scenarios both Laius and Senshi could present, his perception of Laius there was the same drooling "must eat!" we saw here, so that must be his. I guess Laius really reminds Marcille of Farlyn.

Edit: But yeah, I agree that the most accurate Marcille must be Laius's perception. He's was nose deep in her spellbook during the days he was researching a way to undo the basilisk petrification.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 14, 2017

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Just double checked - yeah, that's deffo a ninja gauntlet. She's probably somewhere hiding out with the ninja girl somewhere. Let's hope Laius notices.

I should have been more clear--real Marcille was clearly the one with the different spellbook. I am 100% positive that's how magic works.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

I should have been more clear--real Marcille was clearly the one with the different spellbook. I am 100% positive that's how magic works.

i kinda hope this is true and the only reason the other two have such textbook looking books is because the others think magic is super complicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I don't think that's the case. Laius at least knows what Marcille's spellbook looks like, Marcille taught him some magic a while back.

I MUST CONSUME