Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kinda pointless question that doesn't really need an answer: When Toga said she needs a cup of blood, does she mean a cup you drink out of or the measurement "cup".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Eri's quirk is giving me Naruto flashbacks. It's so much on another tier that it should be everyone's first concern and it destroys any sense of consequence. I kinda hope she loses it by the end of the arc, maybe as a last gently caress you by Chisaki.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

LupusAter posted:

Eri's quirk is giving me Naruto flashbacks. It's so much on another tier that it should be everyone's first concern and it destroys any sense of consequence. I kinda hope she loses it by the end of the arc, maybe as a last gently caress you by Chisaki.

Yeah this is my issue with it really. The fact that it's a mutation that wasn't inherited from anyone meaning she is the alpha and omega of this quirk makes me think it's not going to survive long past this arc for one reason or another.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Radish posted:

I couldn't really follow what the VA was talking about. It sounded like Twice made copies of himself and Toga but he said he'd never do that again for good reason.

I dunno what the MS scans are like (poo poo, presumably) but the Korean scans are the opposite. Twice and Toga are their actual selves, Compress is not, which is why they're saying Compress should go, since he's just created through Twice's power and is therefore expendable.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hate-Senpai posted:

I dunno what the MS scans are like (poo poo, presumably) but the Korean scans are the opposite. Twice and Toga are their actual selves, Compress is not, which is why they're saying Compress should go, since he's just created through Twice's power and is therefore expendable.

Yeah they mention Compress being a copy but then imply they duplicated themselves to escape the hole which doesn't really make any sense.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It could be that fine control of the Quirk also makes it less powerful; and the more powerful it is the harder to control.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Radish posted:

Yeah they mention Compress being a copy but then imply they duplicated themselves to escape the hole which doesn't really make any sense.

Jesus poo poo how does that get through proofreading.

In Korean it's "You made a copy of me so you could dig a hole."

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hate-Senpai posted:

Ok that makes MUCH more sense thanks.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
If Eri's quirk were powerful enough, she could fix All Might.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like holy poo poo MS irks me so much since bad speed scans are the first to be distributed, and it colors the perceptions that people can have of characters or plot in a series, which can end up giving readers a skewed, mistaken, or outright false truth that they then take to be gospel.

I used to lurk in MangaHelpers back when Breakers New Waves was being translated, and the speed scanners constantly had terrible translations, making it a loving pain in the rear end to discuss things with people.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
A:

Vonnie posted:

If Eri's quirk were powerful enough, she could fix All Might.
:aaa:

B: am i the only one who's kinda pissed that the girls' fight involved just ... sitting around for 20 minutes just to make it easier to draw/ more convenient?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

Like holy poo poo MS irks me so much since bad speed scans are the first to be distributed, and it colors the perceptions that people can have of characters or plot in a series, which can end up giving readers a skewed, mistaken, or outright false truth that they then take to be gospel.

I used to lurk in MangaHelpers back when Breakers New Waves was being translated, and the speed scanners constantly had terrible translations, making it a loving pain in the rear end to discuss things with people.

Thank god the Korean scans while not perfect are miles better than MS

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Man, by that half-transformed comparison shot, either Deku's eyes are enormous or Toga's eyes are tiny.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

B: am i the only one who's kinda pissed that the girls' fight involved just ... sitting around for 20 minutes just to make it easier to draw/ more convenient?
Yeah, that was kind of bullshit. What the hell was going on for 20 whole rear end goddamn minutes versus a guy who can sap their energy just by breathing near them? Were they running around in circles?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Poltergrift posted:

Man, by that half-transformed comparison shot, either Deku's eyes are enormous or Toga's eyes are tiny.

Both, he's got big animes and she's got small more realistic ones that she keeps constantly narrowed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

I would assume that it doesn't get through proofreading because there isn't any.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Eri is gonna save Night eye and maybe Le Million's quirk and get kidnapped so the VA can revive Magne and Compress's arm and before she's forced to hurt anyone by the VA she'll rewind herself out of existence. This poor sad baby is broken and just wants to save everyone from being hurt by her stuff.

Poltergrift posted:

The eyes are stretching cause it's melting.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

So they took the power of rewinding events and made drugs that nullify quirks? In the first chapter the doctor told Deku not much is known about quirks, but Overhaul here is doing Dr. Robotnik tier experiments as a pastime when he's not busy being a mafia kingpin.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Are there really no translations other than mangastream? Even official ones?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Sub Harrison posted:

So they took the power of rewinding events and made drugs that nullify quirks? In the first chapter the doctor told Deku not much is known about quirks, but Overhaul here is doing Dr. Robotnik tier experiments as a pastime when he's not busy being a mafia kingpin.

It's not like they're really doing precision science. They're literally cutting up Eri and drawing her blood and then just trying it in people. The reconstruction quirk is doing the work here to form it into bullets (and keep Eri alive). It doesn't even require understanding of how things work, just that it does XYZ when you inject it with Method ABC.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

sockpuppetclock posted:

Are there really no translations other than mangastream? Even official ones?

The official one will be out on Monday

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This pacing is busted and dumb. Eri's quirk is inconsistent and dumb. This arc is dumb.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

red riot and fatso vs rappa was ace, everything else about this arc is lame

mha has consistently bad pacing in its non-training arcs and the author has no idea how to characterize cool villains, its like 90% weirdo drug addicts and 10% big punchy guys who like to fight

still like it tho

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Bakugo rules and Deku is a giant dweeb.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lemillion was awesome this arc.

I'll kinda glad when it's done and I can just read it straight. There's just too much going on simultaneously with too many characters that were recently introduced.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 13, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

It's not like they're really doing precision science. They're literally cutting up Eri and drawing her blood and then just trying it in people. The reconstruction quirk is doing the work here to form it into bullets (and keep Eri alive). It doesn't even require understanding of how things work, just that it does XYZ when you inject it with Method ABC.

It worked with Space Pirates and Phazon!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
The one thing that matters:

Calibanibal posted:

still like it tho

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Twice's power is somewhat more ridiculous than I realized, I didn't think he could copy someone who wasn't immediately in the vicinity. So he could at any moment summon anyone from the villain association who let him measure them. I wonder if he could make a Magne copy, but then I imagine the copy would have no stamina because of how Twice's quirk works. If he had become a hero he could have been goddamn nuts, imagine a team of people going around everywhere summoning a dozen All Mights.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's possible an All Might wouldn't retain All Might's power and would just have the stockpiling quirk and transference quirk without the saved up power. His situation is a bit atypical.

Of course, it would definitely still work with other folks with powerful quirks like Todoroki or Endeavor.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Akett posted:

Twice's power is somewhat more ridiculous than I realized, I didn't think he could copy someone who wasn't immediately in the vicinity. So he could at any moment summon anyone from the villain association who let him measure them. I wonder if he could make a Magne copy, but then I imagine the copy would have no stamina because of how Twice's quirk works. If he had become a hero he could have been goddamn nuts, imagine a team of people going around everywhere summoning a dozen All Mights.

I think the implication is that the copy was created earlier and was busy up until now, not that Twice can make copies of anyone he's scanned at any time.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Regardless of the specifics, Twice's quirk is insane, yeah. There's a reason Overhaul wanted him and Shigaraki initially told him to gently caress off with that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blockhouse posted:

This pacing is busted and dumb. Eri's quirk is inconsistent and dumb. This arc is dumb.

This arc grew on me.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I like this arc just fine, but I hope that after we deal with Overhaul, we don't get anymore villains with a "I can instantly kill you just by touching you" quirk.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

That's the main villains power, so that seems...unlikely

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rhonne posted:

I like this arc just fine, but I hope that after we deal with Overhaul, we don't get anymore villains with a "I can instantly kill you just by touching you" quirk.

Good luck. There are already a ton of quirks that are "If I touch you, I win".

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

JahRoo posted:

That's the main villains power, so that seems...unlikely

I know, I just hope we don't get any more than that.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm just over here waiting for the glorious return of Hatsume Mei

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm just over here waiting for the glorious return of Hatsume Mei

Want to see her and her new baaaayyyybeeees

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just do not get the point of making Eri's quirk some kind of time regression instead of the extremely obvious quirk nullification it already seemed like, unless they really are going to do this to undo Nighteye getting a hole through him and Mirio losing his quirk.

I know the term deus ex machina gets thrown out a lot and usually for things it doesn't apply to, but boy this is pushing right up on that boundary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

Good luck. There are already a ton of quirks that are "If I touch you, I win".

One's "if you respond to me verbally I win" so we've been at that stage for a while