Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The rarely seen meltdown about someone else's meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Metapod posted:

Why even drink coffee at that point?

Bashez is not a bigot he's a drat rules autist. I'd put money if bashez got a speeding ticket for going 1 mile over he'd pay it without any grievance

I have seen people take their coffee with like 15 cream so it isn't that crazy.

Also Bashez apparently posted extremely islamophoic poo poo in Uspol as well.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Bashez is the perfect posting machine I hope Nazi memorabilia didn't fall into his circuits

full communism now bitch

true, true

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It's almost as if Bashez was a bad poster, weird.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

*in extremely Žižek voice*
you must distribute the wealth like a good team distributes the ball in the game basket of the ball
*touches nose* *tugs shirt*

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Lockback posted:

Everyone should fill this out.
*rubs hands together*
time to skew some data...

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Ben Simmons is eligible for roty, right?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Time posted:

Correct

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Kibner posted:

Please get off this tangent and post more basketball stuff. Even stuff like this is far better:

https://twitter.com/Carter_Shade/status/918845443060137985

Way to bury the loving lead Kibner. Forget his weird rear end hosed up coffee habits, he said he doesn't drink henny

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Time posted:

Yup. It also prompted this question by Pels' assistant coach, Jamelle McMillan:

https://twitter.com/JamelleMac/status/918610706697777152

And some of his responses to responses on his tweet:

https://twitter.com/JamelleMac/status/918617829682876416

https://twitter.com/JamelleMac/status/918618040329220096

https://twitter.com/JamelleMac/status/918618211414872065

https://twitter.com/JamelleMac/status/918618376041353217

https://twitter.com/JamelleMac/status/918626837953220610

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

you must distribute the wealth like a good team distributes the ball in the game basket of the ball

I have a story *sniff**sniff* Kevin Durant is at the lockerroom *sniff* and Draymond Green kicks down the door *sniff* and brutally rayyyypes his brother *sniff* after*sniff* despite his brother crying Kevin is smiling. *sniff* his brother says "Kevin why are you smiling!" *sniff* Kevin replies, "at least he invited me to join his team." *sniff* *sniff*

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jota posted:

Way to bury the loving lead Kibner. Forget his weird rear end hosed up coffee habits, he said he doesn't drink henny

Sorry, I didn't read much into it. I only saw that tweet and nothing else.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

BWV posted:

I have a story *sniff**sniff* Kevin Durant is at the lockerroom *sniff* and Draymond Green kicks down the door *sniff* and brutally rayyyypes his brother *sniff* after*sniff* despite his brother crying Kevin is smiling. *sniff* his brother says "Kevin why are you smiling!" *sniff* Kevin replies, "at least he invited me to join his team." *sniff* *sniff*

*repeatedly rubs nose* I already am eating from the trashcan all the time. The name of this trashcan is the eastern conference. *licks lips*

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Jota posted:

Correct

Thanks, for a second I was afraid I hosed up my otherwise perfect preseason poll. Looking forward to everyone in 12 months saying “Time is an actual genius”

You’re welcome guys

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Jota posted:

This is insane and I refuse to believe the Henny God doesn’t drink Hennessy

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

NickRoweFillea posted:

This is insane and I refuse to believe the Henny God doesn’t drink Hennessy

I pray for us all that this is just another hosed up troll by a Cav on RJ's podcast. I'd rather he be a flat earther.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I guess a second-year guy who didn't play has a leg up for ROTY but they should obviously be eligible. Some guys come into the NBA after their senior year and some come after their freshman year, some guys come over from Europe, so there's already a really wide array of experience of the guys coming into the league. I wonder if any voters would actually hold that against Simmons but I think Blake won a ROTY unanimously under similar circumstances so I guess probably not (if he's good enough)

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Okay Vladimir. Glad you could find time to post; I'm sure it's tough work murdering Ukranian women and children.
Calling someone Vladimir because they didn't care about your very specific hate-on is pretty much the picture perfect ending to this rant. Thank you

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Metapod posted:

Why even drink coffee at that point?

Or at all ever?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Vladimir's actually a good name tho

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Is there an age restriction to roty or is Teodosic also eligible?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

*repeatedly rubs nose* I already am eating from the trashcan all the time. The name of this trashcan is the eastern conference. *licks lips*

lmfao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Is there an age restriction to roty or is Teodosic also eligible?

He's a rookie and is eligible I believe!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have seen people take their coffee with like 15 cream so it isn't that crazy.

False, those people are also crazy.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
https://sports.yahoo.com/reggie-mil...m_medium=social

Kyrie Irving out there pretending like he didn't know he was going to be traded. Also, they are apparently making an Uncle Drew movie.

Time posted:

Everyone already has Kyle Kuzma written in.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I do heavy cream and a lot of sugar then top it with cinnamon or nutmeg just for you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

IcePhoenix posted:

False, those people are also crazy.

Well yeah

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Kibner posted:

Please get off this tangent and post more basketball stuff. Even stuff like this is far better:

https://twitter.com/Carter_Shade/status/918845443060137985

So he goes to starbucks every day?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jr Smith is on the keto diet

Something about Ben Simmons bothers me. I don't know if it's his pinched face. He plays like basketball is the easiest and dullest thing he's ever done. I am open to the possibility that body language stuff can just be off for people with autism and he could easily be a Tmac sleepy eyed star, but it puts a bug in my rug.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think he's just bored by the preseason

I guess we will find out .

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

I think he's just bored by the preseason

I guess we will find out .

I'm watching the cut up preseason games to see if my impressions were near the truth. Simmons seems engaged enough, it's just that he's such a godawful finisher and is left alone like Idris Elba with some woman in the recently released plane crash movie, on the perimeter. I don't see the cut and dry rookie of the year award winner in this man.

On the other hand, I love the way Markelle Fultz can traipse through a defense and finish while barely jumping or cutting. He plays with a sort of slow elegance. His influences are on his sleeve and they're all great fellows.

It just struck me, if you squint, he's almost a new age, quick Andre miller who scores facing up rather than posting up and he can shoot and could play defense at some point. That's a nonsensical comp that I like

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 13, 2017

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Could you rephrase that in the form of almonds and cranberries?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I think at some point these folks are drinking melted coffee ice cream and don't much enjoy the taste of coffee itself.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm drinking a latte right now and if anyone wants to tell me it's not coffee I'm gonna poo poo on em

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

attackmole posted:

I'm drinking a latte right now and if anyone wants to tell me it's not coffee I'm gonna poo poo on em

Starbucks changed the game first by promising good coffee and then by realizing people wanted savory sweet things like the standard fast food all tastes recipe. Then they made a fortune selling younger women 100 grams of sugar milkshake coffee and then men started to also drink these 8 dollar luxury candy drinks. The moral of the story is that sugar is the ultimate poison unless it's attached to a lot of fiber and you have carb tolerant genetic makeup and low enough body fat for your own body to not produce lots of sugar to maintain all the fat hanging around your bones

Troy Williams is going to ball out for the Rockets

Also, to the nba n/v fyad hybrid fanty people, remember draft is sunday 8 pm. I'm going to start looking at lists compiled by men today.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm watching the cut up preseason games to see if my impressions were near the truth. Simmons seems engaged enough, it's just that he's such a godawful finisher and is left alone like Idris Elba with some woman in the recently released plane crash movie, on the perimeter. I don't see the cut and dry rookie of the year award winner in this man.

On the other hand, I love the way Markelle Fultz can traipse through a defense and finish while barely jumping or cutting. He plays with a sort of slow elegance. His influences are on his sleeve and they're all great fellows.

It just struck me, if you squint, he's almost a new age, quick Andre miller who scores facing up rather than posting up and he can shoot and could play defense at some point. That's a nonsensical comp that I like

No other aspect of fultz’s game looks like Harden’s but the deceptive slow motion drives that somehow work are comparable, to me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

Agreedo with all that except Fultz is way way bigger than miller.
Fultz has a ways to go but the way he gets to the hoop is very promising.

Also wrt Simmons it's going g to come down to his two man game with embiid which looked extraordinary promising in the few minutes they were together . A 4-5 pnr is pretty rare . I guess Blake and DAJ run it?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'm drinking half a container of Coffee Time syrup mixed into three cups of cream with two shots of Wild Turkey, I'm a hipster I know I know

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just drink that disgusting Rhode Island coffee syrup mixed with whipping cream that I personally reduce on the stovetop to a thick sludge. The final consistency is that of panna cotta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
That sounds gross but the only coffee I drink outside work is cafe con leche from the Cuban place across the street and that's basically the same thing

• Locked thread