Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zikan posted:

the tories being so austerity focused they cut the security state, a line even the most insane republicans won't cross is loving lol all around

Tories forgot that they need to constantly beef up the security state to protect them from angry proles. American ultra-wealthy scum never seem to forget that lesson. I blame Hollywood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

help help im fukken dying

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Peel posted:

corbyn's refusal to give obeisance to the death cult after the terrorist attack was the high point of the campaign imo

Lawman 0 posted:

Honestly I was incredibly shocked by how effective of a campaigner he was since I hadn't paid much attention to British politics before except for Scotland and I thought labor was dead after 2015. It was really that response to the small business guy who expecting to be sucked off as usual that really sealed the deal for me since he countered his points with a sincere appeal to the common good.

Yeah its poo poo like this that makes Corbyn such a boy and makes us so loving lucky to have him. I haven't been around as long as some lefties but I'd literally never in my life seen a politician who was like... remotely sane and compassionate?

So seeing Corbyn not just not backing down but going on the offensive in the name of truth and decency is unreal, having him be rewarded by the public for it is downright shocking and I'm still not convinced he won't get landslided against next election just because the british people realise how close we were to not being scum and correct it

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

and i dont think thats like personality cult stuff, its just the political system accidentally let someone who gave a poo poo through, and corbyn is like... a weirdo in that he can spend that long in westminster and not become a total shithead while also not having done anything interesting in his life that the papers could do him on

i imagine neolib shits the world around are much more worried about a potential corbyn in their country than a potential trump/duterte

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:eyepop:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmfao yesssss dementia tax is back baby

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
At this point the Tories are like the rats in a Skinner Box who got a treat every time they pushed the button saying "CUTS"

only now the treats have run out but they don't know how to do anything other than keep pushing the button over and over while they starve to death

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Not only is the dementia tax back, the dipshit liberal wonks have also returned to tell us that yes, it's still actually a Great Progressive Idea

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/918453706395455488

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bryter posted:

Not only is the dementia tax back, the dipshit liberal wonks have also returned to tell us that yes, it's still actually a Great Progressive Idea

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/918453706395455488

twitter show me the liberalest take

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i'm in favour of a 100% inheritance tax, redistributed equally to all citizens

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

in a surprise twist, it turns out the tories were the real commies all along

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

UrbicaMortis posted:

I hope so anyway. It would be kind of a bummer if Labour fix the housing market and then all the new homeowners vote conservative in full FYGM style.

If it makes you feel better the prosperity for FUGM takes decades to build up

Also is FUGM just a SA thing? Cause god damnit, it makes sense

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

MikeCrotch posted:

At this point the Tories are like the rats in a Skinner Box who got a treat every time they pushed the button saying "CUTS"

only now the treats have run out but they don't know how to do anything other than keep pushing the button over and over while they starve to death

Strong analogy, I like it

e: [John Travolta, extremely camp:] "Oh ratbrain! Will you ever learn?"

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

got any sevens posted:

i'm in favour of a 100% inheritance tax, redistributed equally to all citizens

if people thought their kids would have a roof over their heads theyd prob have a lot less problems with this

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
In an absolutely loving stunning display, the government has told my local council that they are building TOO MANY affordable houses lol just lol oh my god why

This was made at a similar time to them giving the central government go-ahead to a fracking scheme massively opposed at the local level.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This isn't some kind of estate tax, they're trying to steal homes from the elderly and mentally ill.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This isn't some kind of estate tax, they're trying to steal homes from the elderly and mentally ill.

its an impressively disgusting false equivalence

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
insanely lol that the tories have small government-ed so hard they horseshoed into fascistically trying to take away people’s property

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

insanely lol that the tories have small government-ed so hard they horseshoed into fascistically trying to take away people’s property

*extrmeely inbred upper crust voice* the poor arent people

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

tories must have seen the article about state guardians enslaving olds in nevada and gotten ideas

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

there's a man on the roof a tesco in reading

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Whorelord posted:

there's a man on the roof a tesco in reading

what's he doing there?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

JFairfax posted:

what's he doing there?

got fired and he didn't deserve it

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

There is no longer a man on the roof of a tesco in Reading

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Bryter posted:

There is no longer a man on the roof of a tesco in Reading

Well, he tried

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/13/woman-could-face-hate-prosecution-over-anti-dup-banner

A woman has been questioned by police and could face a hate crime prosecution after she waved a banner at Belfast’s Pride parade reading “gently caress the DUP”.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

bump_fn posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/13/woman-could-face-hate-prosecution-over-anti-dup-banner

A woman has been questioned by police and could face a hate crime prosecution after she waved a banner at Belfast’s Pride parade reading “gently caress the DUP”.

gently caress dup if true

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

:vince:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

:eyepop:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hah

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
how is it a hate crime to call out cunts as cunts

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey everybody, just thought y'all would like to see this cool interview that Owen Jones did with my girlfriend Laura Pidcock, she's my gf and we're in love, it's mutual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1klb2IItVSQ

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

new thread title

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

bump_fn posted:

new thread title

:yeah:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

bump_fn posted:

new thread title

:agreed:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

got any sevens posted:

how is it a hate crime to call out cunts as cunts

it's legal in britain but ireland has a parade commission tasked with not letting the troubles restart over a banner

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Venuz Patrol posted:

it's legal in britain but ireland has a parade commission tasked with not letting the troubles restart over a banner
*in extramely Bradush voice*

HOY DARE YOU REFER TO LEGIDIMATE BRADUSH TERRITORY AS IRELAND?