Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My daughter (5) drew a picture of a monster for school, and dictated a story about it for her mother to write down. All the names are of her classmates.

My daughter posted:

Once upon a time there was a monster that eats people. It ate Mustafa. It ate Tiberius. And it jumped and then it ate goldfish like we eat goldfish. And sometimes it stomps on buildings. Sometimes it squishes people. And it lives on the Earth all the time. And it ate Munira. It ate trains. It eats a lot of goombas. And it does not eat poison goombas. The beetles with the purple shell are not poisoned and sometimes that monster draws on big pieces of paper. And it lives in a giant house. It's a sunny monster. It grinds up rocks that help it chew up the food inside its body. And sometimes it likes to make a necklace for its mommy. And he likes to smash chairs with his gun. And it gets blowed away by the wind and goes backward sometimes. Sometimes it spins around and gets dizzy. Sometimes it goes side to side in the wind. And sometimes it gets dizzy and then it dies.

THE END

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I love your kid.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

You and me both. :unsmith:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'm guessing your kid also likes dinosaurs (not a particularly unusual thing for kids to like, I know, but the bit about rocks being used to digest food reminded me of fossils of sauropods).

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

She's watched every episode of Dino Dan/Dino Dana and enjoys flipping through a 200+ page dinosaur encyclopedia in her spare time. She's chastised me for not recognizing a stygimoloch on sight and got really upset with me when I incorrectly asserted that a dimetrodon was a dinosaur.

Back in May I got a strange FB message from my wife. It soon became clear that my daughter was at the helm, letting me know that her dragon plushy Dinko is scared of lightning.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Oh god that's too cute

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I hope you picked up Olmec on your way home.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I am suspicious of anyone who doesn't like dinosaurs.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I hope you picked up Olmec on your way home.

When I got home I pulled up an old episode of Legends of the Hidden Temple on DailyMotion. It's one of her favorite shows. :v:

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I am suspicious of anyone who doesn't like dinosaurs.

Kindergarten just started up for my daughter and on day two she came home and said her teacher drew a picture of a dinosaur that was just a Brachiosaurus with the head of a T-Rex, and she was just so distraught that the teacher didn't call on her so she could correct her. I'm not going to lie, I have serious doubts about a teacher who can't even get the basic dinosaurs right.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
My daughter has trouble remembering the names of some folk. For instance, I work with someone named Crystal and my daughter calls her Diamond.

At the start of this summer, she was having trouble remembering the name of my sister and called her "That girl that lives with Uncle Peter" for the first half of the summer.

This weekend she got upgraded to "My aunt that lives with Uncle Peter"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

omnibobb posted:

My daughter has trouble remembering the names of some folk. For instance, I work with someone named Crystal and my daughter calls her Diamond.

At the start of this summer, she was having trouble remembering the name of my sister and called her "That girl that lives with Uncle Peter" for the first half of the summer.

This weekend she got upgraded to "My aunt that lives with Uncle Peter"

Which one is the actual blood relative? It'd be great if the sister was but your daughter only remembers her husband.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Joey Freshwater posted:

Which one is the actual blood relative? It'd be great if the sister was but your daughter only remembers her husband.

Yeah, sister is the blood relative.

edit: oh and they aren't even married, just boyfriend girlfriend who live together.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I also have an Uncle Peter!

ME: "What does 'meat' mean?"
TINY CHILD: *bites her own arm*

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

omnibobb posted:

Yeah, sister is the blood relative.

edit: oh and they aren't even married, just boyfriend girlfriend who live together.

Hah that's even better

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

ME: Circle the sight words, please.
KID: Yes, sir!
ME: I'm a girl! You can't call me sir.
KID: Okay...yes, girl sir! :colbert:

Got me there.

ME: Hello, [student]!
KID: *holding her Peppa Pig to the camera* Oh, I'm not [student], I am a pig!
ME: Oh. Hello, pig.
KID: I don't like the wolf.
ME: The wolf who blew your house down?
KID: YES. He is a BAD BOY!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

a friend of mine when she was 2 years old:

- mommy, does "citron" start with a C?
- yes! wow yes it does!
- does "egg" start with natasha?
- :|

mania
Sep 9, 2004
From preschool the other day:

"Miss (mania), I'm half day today!"

"That's nice, why are you on half day?"

"Because I don't like you!" :roflolmao:

Turns out the kid had been pulling the same routine on other teachers too that morning.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Me: Hey buddy, what's with the bending over lately?
Kid: I want to toot and the toot won't come out!
Me: Oh, well, you shouldn't force the toot. Toots will come out on their own!
Kid: (insistent) The toot has to come out now.
Me: But if it doesn't want to come out, you might poop in your pants instead. You don't want to poop your pants, do you?
Kid: Once you're not a baby anymore, you can't poop your pants.
Me: If only...

Twenty loving minutes later, the kid learns from personal experience never to force a fart. I had to be all kind and caring with this crying child, having to bite my tongue.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
This is the first time I've EVER heard this at a grocery store:

Child: Ooh! CHIPS! I want chips!

Parent: We have chips at home, dear.

Child: Ok

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I work in retail, and I once witnessed small children throw a temper tantrum until their mother bought them mushrooms, which they proceeded to devour raw from the bag the moment I’d scanned it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Kids have the weirdest goddamn palates. When my daughter was 2 she loved to eat pickled ginger. Like, we'd go out to eat and she'd just reach for the pickled ginger from the condiments and devour the stuff.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

U-DO Burger posted:

Kids have the weirdest goddamn palates. When my daughter was 2 she loved to eat pickled ginger. Like, we'd go out to eat and she'd just reach for the pickled ginger from the condiments and devour the stuff.

Pickled ginger is delicious, I don't see what the problem was there. :colbert:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

When I was around that age, I loved lemons and those little nondairy creamers. One grandma was mortified and the other found it hilarious.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
My favourite vegetable (after potatoes of course) was always broccoli as a child. I was always happy to eat it. As I got older, I came to realise that most of the foods I hated as a child came down to my grandparent's mostly awful cooking. Turns out roast lamb and steak for example taste great when the person cooking them isn't hell bent on giving them the texture and consistency of old boots.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I ate lemons, drank soy sauce from the bottle, and hoarded salt packets from restaurants so I could devour them secretly.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Mustard by the spoonful! No regrets.

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Watch out! I'll attract you too!
My 4 year old boy(G) talking to me about his day at pre-K:

Me: Who did you play with at recess today?
G: No one, I mostly hung out with Miss Perez (the recess monitor)
Me: Don't you want to play with your friends?
G: No....I mostly want to spend my time with women.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

As a kid, I sucked on bouillon cubes the way some people suck on peppermints or Werther's Originals. I thought the individually foil-wrapped cubes were extremely grown-up and glamorous in addition to tasting wonderful.

why am I not dead

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

why am I not dead

One of the joys of parenting is watching your kid constantly try to off themselves while you wonder how the hell humanity managed to survive this long

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

A high sodium diet isn't necessarily bad for you if you're already healthy, active and drink plenty of fluids.

The other day I went to the pet store I get rats for my snakes and someone put their two little kids to work in the feed room. Watching them argue over how to spell medium to write on the box for the rats was cute. They finally settled on midem.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Pastry of the Year posted:

As a kid, I sucked on bouillon cubes the way some people suck on peppermints or Werther's Originals. I thought the individually foil-wrapped cubes were extremely grown-up and glamorous in addition to tasting wonderful.

why am I not dead

me too, it was like concentrated yumminess in a cube (which, given the likely MSG content, it probably pretty much was)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Powdered Quik by the spoonful.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Kevyn posted:

This, but Ovaltine.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

This, but Ovaltine.

Disgraceful

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Disgraceful

You ever eaten capers from a jar? IM OLD FLEEEEEET

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

When I was at school, they scattered rock salt over the playground to stop it freezing over,

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Mustard by the spoonful! No regrets.

Kevyn posted:

:same:

My niece loves avocado to the point where she'll throw a huge fit when she runs out. She's not even 2 yet but drat does she love guacamole.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My coworker's grandson loved tomatoes. That was always what he'd ask for at the grocery store. She'd get him a bag of those little cherry tomatoes and he'd happily eat them quiet as a lamb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I forget if I posted this here or in another thread. You know how the first few steps of making chocolate chip cookies are mixing together the brown and white sugar with butter? And how you (if you're me, even as an adult) could just stop and eat that right there? When I was 10-12ish, I used to sneak the brown and white sugar and just mix them together straight up dry in a bowl and eat it with a spoon. Not a ton, like it'd be one of those little bowls. But my best friend at the time and I would sneak that together.

I also remember sneaking butter pats home, whether in the foil rectangles or in the plastic tiny boats. One time after I ate the butter out of one of the tiny boats, I poured a little coca cola in it and let it sit for a few days. I was afraid my mom would find it and I'd get in trouble (?) so I hid it on top of one of the window frames in my room. When I took it down it was (as you, an adult, expect) speckled with dust. I nonetheless dipped my finger in it and took a single repulsed taste; whatever had evaporated left behind the worst part of the drink, that even the sugar that was still in it could not save. It was a learning experience.