Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Exactly. I don't see this kind of hamfisted bad game everything in Wildlands

That might be because no one has played wildlands in 6 months and even then it was only around for like 5 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That was more of a self own. Deliberate. Calculating.

Nah brah. Natmo totally had you dude...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

That might be because no one has played wildlands in 6 months and even then it was only around for like 5 days.

how dare you besmirch the best AAA shooter in probably a decade

https://i.imgur.com/ZW3jvIv.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/Lko23H3.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/y9fJ447.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/h14lWHm.gifv

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Man oh man I wish Destiny has the Rocket League chat macros

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

uhhhh nsfw this poo poo? mods????

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lol how are people so baffled by the Raid milestone

It's telling you that this is an activity you haven't completed yet, and can be used to increase your light

Castellum gives you 1x Luminous Engram (this is what all other Powerful Rewards in the game are) but the Milestone doesn't go away until you defeat calus because he gives you a high light item (not engram) which can also be used to increase your light.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A good rule of thumb is that you don't have any more powerful rewards to pick up if you don't have any milestones telling you to do an activity or talk to a person to pick up the rewards

It's also literally impossible to miss out on Earned Rewards because they go to the postmaster after the week ends.

This knowledge can be applied thusly - Want the powerful reward for doing an activity? Do the activity

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It really is. Even by the time AoT rolled around people STILL got hung up on the VoG jumping puzzle. Which wasn't even a puzzle. It was please fall for a good bit without going splat.

Although, I do find great enjoyment in causing unnecessary deaths in jumping areas because that is never not hilarious. Bonus points if you can get someone to do it to themselves.

https://i.imgur.com/dUzViqv.gifv

rip adregan. can't troll the master.

I see someone will be joining Bernie as a beginner in the clan. Check and mate nerd!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm a dipshit in Crucible but sometimes I at least feel cool.

https://i.imgur.com/2xe1pbG.mp4

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 13, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wildlands: that quirky game everyone played until the next destiny update.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You get a guaranteed powerful engram from the Castellum chest. You take this to the cryptarch.

You get a guaranteed loot drop from Calus. It is pure loot, not an engram.

Aside from tokens and keys these are the only guaranteed rewards from raid completion. There is no vendor you return to and get a powerful engram from like with other milestones.

If you are in a clan there is a clan engram from hawthorn when anyone completes the raid. This has nothing to do with the milestone but obviously if you complete the raid yourself you will trigger it for everyone, including you.
So why doesn't the "Powerful Gear" milestone go away until you complete the raid for the week? When does the milestone achieved popup happen?

Like this is ultimately dumb so whatever but implying that the milestone is referring to the castellum is wrong otherwise it'd disappear after the first mini encounter in the raid.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Also, I love Moist because he always posts a PvP gif of himself getting owned along with the ones where he savagely roasts people with fusions. We get the whole package.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my favorite thing about IB is that unless the emblem drops at 300 light i don't even have a chance of getting an upgrade from doing it, which means like 50 percent of the reason to play iron banner and deal with all of the stacks and lag isn't even there

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
How are you guys embedding gifs now? Using img tags isn't working for me anymore and now I'm not getting the option for BBcode from imgur. I feel like something's borked but then I see people postin' gifs all day.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just paste the gifv link and maek poast, it won't show up in preview.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xzzy posted:

Just paste the gifv link and maek poast, it won't show up in preview.

Oh okay that was loving me up. Stupid preview.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Oh okay that was loving me up. Stupid preview.

Stupid forums maintainer you mean. Whoever does that these days.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Akuma posted:

So why doesn't the "Powerful Gear" milestone go away until you complete the raid for the week? When does the milestone achieved popup happen?

Like this is ultimately dumb so whatever but implying that the milestone is referring to the castellum is wrong otherwise it'd disappear after the first mini encounter in the raid.

The game tells you, using milestones, every existing opportunity that you have to Increase Your Light

So if you haven't beaten calus yet, and he drops a powerful reward, and you've got a milestone telling you to defeat the raid to get a powerful reward,....

Also every activity that gives Powerful Rewards gives you a Luminous Engram. No exceptions. Guess where you get the Luminous Engram in the raid!

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also every activity that gives Powerful Rewards gives you a Luminous Engram. No exceptions. Guess where you get the Luminous Engram in the raid!

From the cabal lined up at the start?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

my favorite thing about IB is that unless the emblem drops at 300 light i don't even have a chance of getting an upgrade from doing it, which means like 50 percent of the reason to play iron banner and deal with all of the stacks and lag isn't even there

Raising your light in D2 is easy, unlike D1 where it was hard.

Iron banner doesn't raise your light anymore, but it gives you items that don't drop anywhere else, which you should be able to increase to 305 easily.

Are you one of them fellas that deleted all their raid and trials weapons because they were 10LL

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Brine posted:

From the cabal lined up at the start?

No that's how you get Mew

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Faction week didn't drop light upgrades either and for some reason no one was mad about that. Really makes you think.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Adregan posted:

I see someone will be joining Bernie as a beginner in the clan. Check and mate nerd!

<3

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Faction week didn't drop light upgrades either and for some reason no one was mad about that. Really makes you think.

Because it was a new event as opposed to the continuation of an old event, but now with bad mechanics

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

We have seen rad kills, but now we get to see these rad kills from the victim camera:

(anyone here is Senor Hefe?)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The new incentive to do things is to get Unusual Rare Items.

Even if they dropped at power 69 they would be worth getting, because Bungie gives you like 8 opportunities a week to get a plain ol High Light item

This ain't your D1. "High Light" is boring, bad.

New items are cool, good, my friend.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Is there a way to tell what will give you bright must dust, or whatever the Eververse currency is, when you shard something?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guys I have 295 light and all content in the game is trivial, and I am super mad that I can't farm IB to get that perfect 305 light.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Johnny Truant posted:

Is there a way to tell what will give you bright must dust, or whatever the Eververse currency is, when you shard something?

Anything that comes from Eververse, so

Ghosts
Ships
Scooters
Shaders unless they're very obviously from a faction, vendor, or special activity like trials or raid

Maybe optimacy armor too? Unsure!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
In only 70 percent to my IB emblem but I somehow lucked into a full armor set, minus the chestpiece but im kinda ok with that because i have a few good ones otherwise that i like a lot.

The wolfhead shoulderpads are badass. The rest i could take or leave.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Zipperelli. posted:

Sadly no. GBP was a great clan.

We still exist.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Guys I have 295 light and all content in the game is trivial, and I am super mad that I can't farm IB to get that perfect 305 light.

You could look at it like that, or you could realize that because it is ultimately meaningless, it's really silly for Bungie to give you lower numbers that you have to infuse up. Especially given that IB has generally been regarded as a way to increase your light.

Bungie is the master of taking what should be a positive experience, a loot reward, and turning it into something frustrating. Ffs the core endgame loop is "do stuff, get tokens to turn into a reward that is most likely a lower level duplicate of a gun you have, turn that into mats (not tokens) that you turn in to a different vendor which will most likely give you a lower level duplicate of a thing you already have."

Never forget this is the company that thought players would appreciate extremely low drop rate purple engrams turning into blue gear once in a while.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Have we alerted the PC thread that the game is literally trash? We might be able to save a few souls and stick it to Bungie for delivering this generation's ET: The Extraterrestrial

e: I'm not sure how we go about burying digital download codes in the desert though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I have informed them that the game is both insanely good and insanely bad, yes

For real though I don't think PC gamer types are gonna stand for the many self owns destiny has inflicted upon itself, but the one thing it has going for it is the full mouse keyboard situation might lead to an interesting and different pvp meta

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Any boredom in this game can be cured by using Prospector:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Have we alerted the PC thread that the game is literally trash? We might be able to save a few souls and stick it to Bungie for delivering this generation's ET: The Extraterrestrial

e: I'm not sure how we go about burying digital download codes in the desert though.

The great news is that we absolutely love trash. I look forward to beating the game and acquiring all the items in 4 hours.

I already beat the endgame when I farmed up a whole bunch of friendships.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

dear bungie,

i'm permanently scarred and need therapy now

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I'll ask again for the person above, but is there a repository or Imgur album with all the Bone Krew gifs? they are a treasure for sure. My favorite one is the hard light is good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
137 gunsmith ranks later, Antiope finally drops. A little on the ridiculous side.