Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I always figured it was less about 'karmic' reward/score maximizing, and more about being the only real way you could force the act to be truly altruistic. If the charitable person gets no recognition or benefit from the act, then the only reason they would be doing it is because they took pleasure in the good in brought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
min/maxing my karma by stacking sunder armour and elixir of the mongoose :smuggo:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

DandyLion posted:

I always figured it was less about 'karmic' reward/score maximizing, and more about being the only real way you could force the act to be truly altruistic. If the charitable person gets no recognition or benefit from the act, then the only reason they would be doing it is because they took pleasure in the good in brought.

spiritual people always, and i mean always, are good at being charitable and generous but have severe hangups about receiving. fact of the matter is, giving and receiving are inextricably connected under the law of karma (a ubiquitous concept)

sure sure the word "altruism" feels warm and fuzzy, but knowing that certain deeds generate good karma, why wouldn't I maximize my yield with a few simple practices

it's what you call a win-win

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What if i get off on charity, even if its anonymous

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It's because receiving charity forces me to accept both my insufficiency and my powerlessness and I would rather believe that I have the ability to control my fortune but am just retarded than accept that rain falls on both the just and the unjust.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Its just as charitable to gracefully accept the gifts of others as it is to give. By giving them your appreciation and vulnerability, you're making them feel good too, and reinforcing the bonds that hold you together.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

rap music posted:

spiritual people always, and i mean always, are good at being charitable and generous but have severe hangups about receiving. fact of the matter is, giving and receiving are inextricably connected under the law of karma (a ubiquitous concept)

sure sure the word "altruism" feels warm and fuzzy, but knowing that certain deeds generate good karma, why wouldn't I maximize my yield with a few simple practices

it's what you call a win-win

I'm a good receiver so I feel like I'm doing my part for everyone that way

Thanks for the affirmation!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

got any sevens posted:

What if i get off on charity, even if its anonymous

Have you heard of a SPERM BANK????

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

lol you're really stupid if you think the issue is nudity and not the extreme invasion of privacy

If im naked in front of my window and someone likes it and i never know about it, I should sue them? Smdh, dumb as hell.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jastiger posted:

If im naked in front of my window and someone likes it and i never know about it, I should sue them? Smdh, dumb as hell.

They can charge you with indecent exposure for it, so why not?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If you think grossly violating privacy to secretly film nude teens is wrong you're a prude with nudity hangups man.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

If im naked in front of my window and someone likes it

enough of these ridiculous hypotheticals

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jastiger posted:

durrrr

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
What if I created an elaborate rube goldberg machine that projects a picture of my living room onto the night sky like the bat signal, and can only be stopped within three days by finding seven keys I've hidden around the city and left clues for, and I just so happen to be doing naked jumping jacks when the deadline hits? Is it my fault or the fault of the people who failed to stop it? smdh

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I can't find the news articles now, but there was a woman who would deliberately cut through peoples back yards with her son so she could have those people arrested for indecent exposure for being naked in their own house when she peeped them through the back windows.

I think the was a city councilors wife

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Wait, did that work?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

fruit on the bottom posted:

Wait, did that work?

yes. she had gotten a few people successfully before anyone tried to go after her, and i think they only got trespassing but still ate the indecent exposure charge.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

RFC2324 posted:

yes. she had gotten a few people successfully before anyone tried to go after her, and i think they only got trespassing but still ate the indecent exposure charge.

http://reason.com/blog/2009/10/21/man-arrested-for-being-naked-i

Was it that guy? Looks like he was eventually acquitted on appeal, thankfully. And even the original sentence imposed no fine or jail time so the stakes were relatively low but still

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

http://reason.com/blog/2009/10/21/man-arrested-for-being-naked-i

Was it that guy? Looks like he was eventually acquitted on appeal, thankfully. And even the original sentence imposed no fine or jail time so the stakes were relatively low but still

Nope, thats someone else. I remember clearly that this woman would go through peoples back yards where they had an expectation of privacy, and it was with a son.

Sounds like a much more common thing than I thought tho.

Its proving to be beyond my powers of google-fu to find tho

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Danaru posted:

What if I created an elaborate rube goldberg machine that projects a picture of my living room onto the night sky like the bat signal, and can only be stopped within three days by finding seven keys I've hidden around the city and left clues for, and I just so happen to be doing naked jumping jacks when the deadline hits? Is it my fault or the fault of the people who failed to stop it? smdh

Some men just want to watch the world nude

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

got any sevens posted:

Some men just want to watch the world nude

It's like they say, you're born naked and you die naked.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RFC2324 posted:

They can charge you with indecent exposure for it, so why not?

Whatals indecent about the human body. Nothing.

Abloo bloo i saw a butt and a boob and a penis, alert the national guard :qq:

If someone sees it and they dont try to sell it or rebroadcast it whats the problem. Stop being puritan 1800 prudes

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jastiger posted:

If someone sees it and they dont try to sell it or rebroadcast it whats the problem. Stop being puritan 1800 prudes

while i agree with you, the law of the land does not.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

while i agree with you, the law of the land does not.

Yikes

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

You don't think we should be free to be naked, particularly in our own homes?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Jastiger posted:

I'm only half paying attention, but are you defending the guy who secretly recorded a teenager undressing?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Yup. Jastiger hitting new lows

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm only half paying attention, but are you defending the guy who secretly recorded a teenager undressing?

Who is actively harmed by him taking his private property video home if no onr knows about it, and it isnt shared

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You are literally defending a guy jacking it to a minor

This is a thing you are doing

Maybe don't actually defend a guy jacking it to a minor

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Danaru posted:

So its ok for you if shes 18? Plus how can he know before hand? No one has their age on their forehead, and its hard to tell

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
No you dipshit! It's just even more disgusting. Are you really doing this right now?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Jastiger, that's the sort of thing a southerner would say. Do you understand now?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Danaru posted:

not emptyquoting, just vigorously agreeing

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jastiger posted:

So its ok for you if shes 18? Plus how can he know before hand? No one has their age on their forehead, and its hard to tell

lol this poo poo i don't agree with

creep shots are hosed up no matter the age or gender

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RFC2324 posted:

so its ok to look but not store for later remembrance?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

Taking video of someone in a bathroom or changing room is illegal in all 50 states. There is a reasonable expectation of privacy in such areas. LMFAO that someone is going full lolbertarian and insisting the victim of a shower cam must :airquote:demonstrate harm:airquote:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jastiger posted:

no... it's ok for me to be naked on my own property

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Jastiger posted:

Looking is also illegal Woody

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Jastiger posted:

Who is actively harmed by him taking his private property video home if no onr knows about it, and it isnt shared

Considering we're talking about a child, this is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen posted.

E: This would be gross no matter the age. But a pedophile pervert is generally considered to be worse than a regular one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He didnt know underage at the time. Intent wasnt for underage. And its his private property