Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Oh joy, Steve refuses to leave the ring after Kurt spent five minutes dead in the middle of the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Fire Pro just got updated to .9010.

quote:

Fixed bug that froze title screen if save data compatibility message displayed after canceling out of creating a cache.
Exhibition Match: Random wrestler select added.
Tournament/League: Event name entry window and match settings are now consistent in both modes.
Options menu: Name is currently selected parameter now displays at top of screen.
Options menu: Added [Crowd Volume] option.

Edit Mode
Individual parts may now be scaled separately.
Increased parts scale percentage to 0%~200%
Added pulldown menu to parts scale tool with up/down buttons.
CPU logic: Increased [Priority Attack] slots from 3 to 10.
Added 11 types of characters voices: American Male X 3, Japanese Male X 5, Japanese Female X 3.
Team Edit: When transferring teams, you can now press X (X Box)/ Square (PS4)/ Z (Keyboard) to collapse stables and only display promotions.
Wrestler Edit: Can now use the keyboard to input wrestler birthday/parameters. Press Y (X Box)/Triangle (PS4)/X (Keyboard) to activate entry window.

MATCHES
Fixed bug preventing CPU with a weapon from picking up a downed opponent.
Fixed bug that, when a wrestler won a Contest of Strength, they would sometimes use a move that doesn’t match their fight style.
Fixed bug where CPU wrestlers would get stuck outside the ring or between the apron and ramp.
Fixed bug where red corner second/partner couldn’t return to their default position in venues with horizontal entrance ramps.
Adjusted timing of CPU second/partner wrestler interference.
Adjusted how referee responds to second/partner wrestler.
Adjusted position where referee initiates pin count/submission check.
Adjusted shadow for sagging ropes.
Adjusted crowd cheers.

Moves
Added the following moves:
Running > [Wheelbarrow Bulldog]
Corner Grapple (Big) > [Corner Brainbuster]
Run Up Turnbuckle (Standing)(Small) > [Back Cutter]
Changed name of Coup De Grace Taunt from [Cross Pose] to [Arm Cross Gut Pose]

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Nice.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ok so they broke Tables matches and Iron Man matches at the same time.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Ok so they broke Tables matches and Iron Man matches at the same time.

99 POINTS

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I don't understand a single one of the decisions that were theoretically made by human beings that made 2k18 the way that it is.

This might be the biggest regression ever in yearly game releases.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The game is so reliant on these canned animations that anything which might interfere with them just clips through (or sometimes slides out of the way.)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
For people who weren't watching the stream

https://twitter.com/TC4PMi/status/918712015358541824

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
And with 4 wrestlers everyone moves just a little too fast

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Simply throwing someone at the announce table on the ramp leads to an out of bounds glitch.

They don't QA these games at all.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

2 hours after release and we already went out of bounds. Great job everyone!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow this is kind of a disaster.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is stunning

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This is the Sonic 06 of wrestling games

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Sounds like I need to see a replay of it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Jack Anderson posted:

It's still happening. They are still in commentary booth hell.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Jack Anderson posted:

It's been a perfect nL stream of accidental glitches and "try to..." disasters. It's unreal that this is their day one. *Nothing* from the past several years has been fixed.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay I think they found the redeeming feature of this one

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
They should write a series of segments that are just the Ascension messing around backstage. It'd totally get them over.

Also YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 13, 2017

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyFriendlyAubergineNotLikeThis

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I think this might be the most flatout broken WWE2K release.

https://clips.twitch.tv/YummyCharmingDunlinPoooound

HOW?

Testekill fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 13, 2017

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
10 priority slots in Fire Pro is huge and the brainbustahhh looks great. Too bad I gotta wait for carlzillas mod to update some I'm basically reliant on it at this point.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

if a edit maker redoes their edits to take advantage of the new ten slots will my subscription just redownload the new version? i havent really noticed anyone making changes to their edits that I can see in the actual game so far.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Budget Dracula posted:

if a edit maker redoes their edits to take advantage of the new ten slots will my subscription just redownload the new version? i havent really noticed anyone making changes to their edits that I can see in the actual game so far.

Subscription updates should be automatic, that's why they're subscriptions.

This... could be dangerous. With three slots I was basically making priorities "try to do a pin when this happens". Now, you can't quite chain together all the specific moves there are, but you can actually say "Try to get the opponent on the ground with this, then do this." I have yet to use all the slots but it's nice to know they're there.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Wow. Just.....Holy Christ this game is so amazingly broken this year.

They're gonna patch that right? LOL Yukes patching anything with any kind of speed or reliability

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
drat,

Random select is what i've wanted for 1 v 1 but it auto fills 8 characters, unless I'm doing something wrong. And it still doesn't re-populate when you press it again (for battle royals). Maybe the next patch will fix that....

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

joylessdivision posted:

Wow. Just.....Holy Christ this game is so amazingly broken this year.

They're gonna patch that right? LOL Yukes patching anything with any kind of speed or reliability

The problem that exists right now is that the annualization of WWE games has rendered the game more and more unstable as they have little time to fix issues. At this point the smart thing to do would be to make a new WWE game every 2 years, and just release a $30 DLC pack on the off years that adds more wrestlers/rings/arenas/moves/etc. to the existing game. The problem of course being since there is no real competition for WWE games, there doesn't seem to be a real impetus to get better. This does not, however, explain how NBA 2K18 remains stable and playable (despite microtransaction poo poo) because they are in the same boat, an annualized sports series with no competition.

Until 2K farts out a WWE game that is as broken on launch as Assassin's Creed: Unity, I don't think this will change any time soon unfortunately.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Angry_Ed posted:

The problem that exists right now is that the annualization of WWE games has rendered the game more and more unstable as they have little time to fix issues. At this point the smart thing to do would be to make a new WWE game every 2 years, and just release a $30 DLC pack on the off years that adds more wrestlers/rings/arenas/moves/etc. to the existing game. The problem of course being since there is no real competition for WWE games, there doesn't seem to be a real impetus to get better. This does not, however, explain how NBA 2K18 remains stable and playable (despite microtransaction poo poo) because they are in the same boat, an annualized sports series with no competition.

Until 2K farts out a WWE game that is as broken on launch as Assassin's Creed: Unity, I don't think this will change any time soon unfortunately.

I imagine (aka no stats and too lazy to look it up) that the NBA game moves a lot more copies than WWE.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They should just have two teams doing two games that alternate each year. Do the 2K style simulation game and follow it up with an Arcade game like WWE Allstars. Each game can have DLC each year that adds new wrestlers to the roster

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Angry_Ed posted:

The funny this, looking at who's new to the game this year (47 people), if they charged 10 dollars for say, a pack of 5 wrestlers, that'd be 90 dollars they'd make without having to make a new game this year.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

People would actually have to expect something from the game in the first place for it to be a disappointment like that.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

1st AD posted:

I imagine (aka no stats and too lazy to look it up) that the NBA game moves a lot more copies than WWE.

Take-Two has said that NBA 2K17 sold 8.5M units back in August 2017, with 4.5M shipped through October 2016. In September, it beat out Madden 17, FIFA 17, and NHL 17 as a top selling game in the US according to NPD.

It's hard to find WWE 2K numbers since they don't exactly brag about them, but VG Chartz (I know...) puts each game in the series between 2.25M - 2.75M.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe enabling 8 wrestlers is what broke things this time. It seems every time they try to improve or add something it breaks something else.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They forgot the solemn pact that if you put 8 people in a wwe game you have to have just bring it commentary.

Roman Reigns ... has a nice ... The Big Dog

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Nothing broke this game. Conversely, nothing but starting over is going to fix it. Series has problems that almost old enough to drink.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Remember when we all hoped 2k taking over from yukes would make the game not broken.. And welll now here we are... Still broken.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

There are a couple things I'm actually interested in (the squash match option, the different match lengths, Community Creations which always surprises me with how good it is, the "harder AI" that everyone thinks is a thing on launch day before they learn the new reversal timing) but yeah, you're just talking about touchups on a ten year old game.

My guess is this: because wrestling is fake and the pacing of a wrestling video game is all wacky, the online PVP (where the real money is) will always suck rear end compared to real fighters, FIFA or NBA 2K, and it's a smaller property anyway, so why bother.

I'll probably end up buying it for PC, especially since I can get the DLC and stuff like intergender hacked in by someone who probably has a username similar to xXxWWExSLAYERxXx, but it is what it is

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Fat Lowtax posted:

Community Creations which always surprises me with how good it is,

This is what gets me every year. Best create a fighter game there is. Almost the only one there is.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder how the new run-in settings will work. I hope i can dial it up where like 50 people are running in and out of each match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder how the new run-in settings will work. I hope i can dial it up where like 50 people are running in and out of each match.

Sorry, there's no TNA function.