Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
TB is known for being somewhat touchy but yeah thats kind of hosed up after catching up on the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'd rather it be their powers they abuse than the alternative

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The thing people don't realize is that TBs reactions don't happen in a vacuum. Imagine asking for someone to treat you with respect very politely, and they grossly overreact and get defensive. After a while you're going to feel like you're not getting any flies with honey and probably feel like you have nothing to lose by just firing back completely unfiltered.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
My new favourite thing in that thread is John Smith handing out GORILLA MINDSET advice.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Panfilo posted:

The thing people don't realize is that TBs reactions don't happen in a vacuum. Imagine asking for someone to treat you with respect very politely, and they grossly overreact and get defensive. After a while you're going to feel like you're not getting any flies with honey and probably feel like you have nothing to lose by just firing back completely unfiltered.

I've always seen TB be patient as hell. she has a bad rep, but I've never seen her do anything to deserve it.

i don't go into D&D tho, so maybe it's only there that she goes on her rampages.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I remember TB flipping out in the interior decorating thread that was the spiritual successor to the sunken bathtub thread. I remember thinking at the time it was a bit of an overreaction but I can't remember what it was about.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

TB actually rules a lot

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

sneakyfrog posted:

TB is known for being somewhat touchy but yeah thats kind of hosed up after catching up on the thread.

It started with someone calling TB a dude, and someone else claiming that TB bitched at them for stalking her and knowing she was a woman. Moneyball then used he/she/it in what seemed in that particular post as a joke in poor taste. Where Moneyball really hosed up was doubling down and refusing to apologize publicly when TB was offended. I really don't think TB's been unreasonable there.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

RFC2324 posted:

I've always seen TB be patient as hell. she has a bad rep, but I've never seen her do anything to deserve it.

i don't go into D&D tho, so maybe it's only there that she goes on her rampages.

TB has always given goons a chance to own up and save face if they are initially wrong or offensive to her. Some people own up and move on, some drop it entirely and finally others double down but she always gets defined by her reaction to the biggest assholes.

TTerrible posted:

I remember TB flipping out in the interior decorating thread that was the spiritual successor to the sunken bathtub thread. I remember thinking at the time it was a bit of an overreaction but I can't remember what it was about.
There was a guy that was redecorating a bathroom that was initially really nice and he was gonna have this dumb tub and rocks in the middle. He thought he could get mad pussy when ladies saw his bathroom and TB pointed out all the flaws in the design (hard to clean, nowhere for a woman to do her hair/makeup/etc) so he acted really lovely to her and she responded in kind.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Where Moneyball really hosed up was doubling down and refusing to apologize publicly when TB was offended. I really don't think TB's been unreasonable there.

Yeah, this is basically the sum of the problem and I personally hope MB never lives down how much of a douche he's being right now.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Panfilo posted:

There was a guy that was redecorating a bathroom that was initially really nice and he was gonna have this dumb tub and rocks in the middle. He thought he could get mad pussy when ladies saw his bathroom and TB pointed out all the flaws in the design (hard to clean, nowhere for a woman to do her hair/makeup/etc) so he acted really lovely to her and she responded in kind.

I thought that was the original bathroom wrecker thread not the chill follow on.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I might be mixed up then. But TB seems very knowledgeable about interior design (is it connected to her job?) so I give her opinions on the matter a lot of weight.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TTerrible posted:

I thought that was the original bathroom wrecker thread not the chill follow on.

I miss my stupid bathroom thread that thread was great. and the first thread people ever bought me avatars and redtexts :3:

didnt ever go into the interior design one because i really have bad interior design skills, my version of interior design is handing someone a credit card and telling em to make it awesome.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Panfilo posted:

I might be mixed up then. But TB seems very knowledgeable about interior design (is it connected to her job?) so I give her opinions on the matter a lot of weight.

I remember the guy posting "as we all know, women have a huge stake in homebuying decisions, furthermore" and it was like the flag dropping at the shitposting grand national. It was amazing.

sneakyfrog posted:

I miss my stupid bathroom thread that thread was great. and the first thread people ever bought me avatars and redtexts :3:

didnt ever go into the interior design one because i really have bad interior design skills, my version of interior design is handing someone a credit card and telling em to make it awesome.

I never expected mspaint'ing some insulation into a stepladder would get such a response.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:females: got such a drat workout in that thread

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
No, he's referring to the thread after that about general home decorating. At one point someone wanted help spacing their living room out and one poster's advice was that it was ridiculous and shameful to make a TV the epicenter of a living room and something about hiding the TV in some weird backwards manner. The thread's response was basically "what, no, you're dumb" and then they carried on insisting that a TV's place is not the living room or something.

TB told them quite sharply to cut the poo poo and if they weren't going to respect people's homes and give actual advice that a modern human might appreciate then they should gently caress off out the thread.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Bathroom thread, may we see your like again. :allears:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:rip: Bad with money thread.

Thats some serious hubris there moneyball. may want to get that looked at.

and that john smith dude just :laffo:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What was that E/N thread with the dude who banged his kids sitter and then made her get an abortion and he hated one of his sons so much and later admitted that son was the only one who looked like his ex-wife. I think he also burned his clothes and ironically hugged his kids too.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Was that the same guy that made his kids buy their own controllers if they wanted to use his Playstation? Why couldn't a guy like that he one of those nerds that never gets laid... :smith:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Charles Bukowski posted:

Im pretty behind, I thought Choco was still doing computer stuff for SA.

Wait what?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

:rip: Bad with money thread.

Thats some serious hubris there moneyball. may want to get that looked at.

and that john smith dude just :laffo:

That guy probably needed to go to the hospital the last time he experienced an Emotion that wasn't quiet glee at the suffering of the poor.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

EmmyOk posted:

What was that E/N thread with the dude who banged his kids sitter and then made her get an abortion and he hated one of his sons so much and later admitted that son was the only one who looked like his ex-wife. I think he also burned his clothes and ironically hugged his kids too.

LLjsilk, I might have messed up the name a little but it's something close to that

Panfilo posted:

Was that the same guy that made his kids buy their own controllers if they wanted to use his Playstation? Why couldn't a guy like that he one of those nerds that never gets laid... :smith:

Yes that was the same guy

purple death ray has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Oct 13, 2017

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Just checked in on the Bad With Money thread and MoneyBall closed it because too many people called him out.

Oh, and it turns out this was his "apology" to TB.

:hmbol:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Who What Now posted:

Just checked in on the Bad With Money thread and MoneyBall closed it because too many people called him out.

Oh, and it turns out this was his "apology" to TB.

:hmbol:

Holy poo poo. What a fucker. "I'm sorry you were offended."

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is that the entirety of the email exchange?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anytime TB or John Smith posts in that thread it gets locked up because of a derail.

EmmyOk posted:

Is that the entirety of the email exchange?

From what MB says, there was a lot more, but he's trying not to bring it into the thread. My guess is there still wasn't an "I'm sorry" in there or TB probably would have let it go.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Self-immolating mods are the best forum sagas, feed me more :circlefap:

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I mean TB hasn't always been right (who has?) but god drat does she get a lot of poo poo for stuff that should be just normal and expected (not that this is a unique problem just for her on These Are Forums) i.e wanting to be treated like an ordinary human being.

But yeah mod self-owns are always good fodder for this thread. gently caress MB and his lovely non-apology.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Oct 13, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Anytime TB or John Smith posts in that thread it gets locked up because of a derail.

From what MB says, there was a lot more, but he's trying not to bring it into the thread. My guess is there still wasn't an "I'm sorry" in there or TB probably would have let it go.

So then it's quite disingenuous to act like that screenshot is the extent of his apology.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

EmmyOk posted:

So then it's quite disingenuous to act like that screenshot is the extent of his apology.

i dunno friend, I kind of expect better than a "oh poo poo better close the thread and not say anything" when like half a dozen people are like dude just say sorry and be a civil human being. Its not that hard to just say whoops i hosed up. :shrug:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

EmmyOk posted:

I'm sorry you take it that way.

His insult was in public and from a position of power, why shouldn't his apology be the same?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No that's not my point. I am specifically saying people calling that screenshot his apology isn't accurate.

e: Perhaps he didn't apologise at all but that's not what I'm getting at. I just don't think it's reasonable to take a single brief contextless message like that as a definitive statement.

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Oct 13, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

EmmyOk posted:

No that's not my point. I am specifically saying people calling that screenshot his apology isn't accurate.

ah ok. I just got rubbed the wrong way when other peoples posts started getting edited, and not a one "whoops I'm sorry" being forthcoming before closing the thread. My apologies.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

EmmyOk posted:

Yes, I'm sure there's a super secret apology that for whatever reason MB doesn't want to show.

Or, more likely, that's the closest he ever got to an apology because it technically had the word "sorry" in it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Emmy has a bit of a point to be fair, dude was out of line for sure but i dont like to :tinfoil: off poo poo i dont know.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

NLJP posted:

I mean TB hasn't always been right (who has?) but god drat does she get a lot of poo poo for stuff that should be just normal and expected (not that this is a unique problem just for her on These Are Forums) i.e wanting to be treated like an ordinary human being.

But yeah mod self-owns are always good fodder for this thread. gently caress MB and his lovely non-apology.

Another way to evaluate how lovely people can be around TB and other posters in general:

SA has a hair trigger when it comes to calling out pedophilic behavior. A poster that acts creepy is often banned or driven out. Imagine if a poster called out sometime for perving on 11 year olds and instead of supporting them they brigaded them, issued a probation and constantly belittled their reaction. It's rather unthinkable here in most subforums, and seen as more of the domain of reddit or imgur.

So when TB calls people our you'd think they could see it the same way as a poster calling out a pervert. But they don't, they double down.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
well yeah. but we already had to deal with that as a forum so pedo poo poo always gets called out hard.

this isnt just some lovely pc crusade though, its not my cup of tea to be sure but if its ok to just probate someone into silence because "not the venue" when they are simply asking for respect yeah, not sure you got the judgement to have yourself a big red button

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Panfilo posted:

Another way to evaluate how lovely people can be around TB and other posters in general:

SA has a hair trigger when it comes to calling out pedophilic behavior. A poster that acts creepy is often banned or driven out. Imagine if a poster called out sometime for perving on 11 year olds and instead of supporting them they brigaded them, issued a probation and constantly belittled their reaction. It's rather unthinkable here in most subforums, and seen as more of the domain of reddit or imgur.

So when TB calls people our you'd think they could see it the same way as a poster calling out a pervert. But they don't, they double down.
Ahaha this is so disingenuous it makes my head hurt. No, TB feeling slighted at a random post is not at all similar to folks running off pedophiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Are you saying everything TB gets angry about is as valid as a paedophile accusation and should be taken as seriously?