Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Professor Wayne posted:

Spider-Man never kills.

You son of a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Specifically, a roll of nickels, up your rear end.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/zpuyqq/upright-citizens-brigade-rear end-pennies

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Push El Burrito posted:

Yeah but you would barely feel that in your rear end.

Maybe YOU wouldn't

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

No, to post a funny version you need to post the ridiculous Amazing Spider-Man 2 version where the webline makes a loving ridiculous tiny hand before he catches her/she dies.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Rhyno posted:

Then it should be tight fiveS.

A roll of dimes is $5.

You see, the origin of the practice came from Shakespear's time, actually at the Globe Theatre. It was some sort of practice to pay the artists before the show, including the actors. To safe guard their pay, the actors would have to keep the money on their selves throughout the entire show. While it's easy when you're Hamlet and only have one outfit, but when you're a bit player changing costumes all the time you only have one place where you can reliably keep it. Between your cheeks. Now, it's contemporary belief that they literally kept them squeezed between the cheeks, but for the past several decades (maybe even hundreds of years) that it was kept right up in the cavity. It's been presumed either due to mistranslation it's been misconstrued, or maybe that a particularly kinky founder of a troupe misinformed his performers. Either way, for a while in Europe it was tradition to keep an item known as "One's wage", this being a play on words that actually means "someone else's totem which represent's your pay", in the anal cavity throughout an entire show. It was believed that this created better actors, as the ones who could perform through the discomfort were believed to be more convincing, but scientific experiments have proved otherwise.

When this action came to America in the early 1900's on Broadway, actors were literally payed with Nickles per performance. So some theatre owners, to save money, would forego the act of totems and just give them Nickels tied in cheesecloth to use instead. Eventually, as inflation rised and actors would be payed in more and more nickels, theatre owners would pay them in rolls of them, eventually one owner (whose still unknown to this day) invented the paper rolls that you see to this day in banks. But the saying always was "give them a tight five" as meaning "give them a hell of a performance with that nickel up your rear end", and never evolved beyond that as people were starting to be payed nickels by the pound.

Nowadays, as the practice is falling out of style, only select actors choose to carry on the tradition. Including Maryl Streep and Judi Dench (it's rumored that they once swapped rolls in the middle of a play), Ian Mckellan and Patrick Stewart have both kept the tradition alive while performing Shakespeare (though Stewart has admitted that he's recently switched to keeping a pence between the cheeks for historical accuracy), and on Broadway the tradition has almost completely died out, though some younger actors such as James Franco (who has said he only does it on stage, and not in his movies) keep it up, but it's believed he only does it cause he's a crazy pervert.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SomeJazzyRat posted:

You see, the origin of the practice came from Shakespear's time, actually at the Globe Theatre. It was some sort of practice to pay the artists before the show, including the actors. To safe guard their pay, the actors would have to keep the money on their selves throughout the entire show. While it's easy when you're Hamlet and only have one outfit, but when you're a bit player changing costumes all the time you only have one place where you can reliably keep it. Between your cheeks. Now, it's contemporary belief that they literally kept them squeezed between the cheeks, but for the past several decades (maybe even hundreds of years) that it was kept right up in the cavity. It's been presumed either due to mistranslation it's been misconstrued, or maybe that a particularly kinky founder of a troupe misinformed his performers. Either way, for a while in Europe it was tradition to keep an item known as "One's wage", this being a play on words that actually means "someone else's totem which represent's your pay", in the anal cavity throughout an entire show. It was believed that this created better actors, as the ones who could perform through the discomfort were believed to be more convincing, but scientific experiments have proved otherwise.

When this action came to America in the early 1900's on Broadway, actors were literally payed with Nickles per performance. So some theatre owners, to save money, would forego the act of totems and just give them Nickels tied in cheesecloth to use instead. Eventually, as inflation rised and actors would be payed in more and more nickels, theatre owners would pay them in rolls of them, eventually one owner (whose still unknown to this day) invented the paper rolls that you see to this day in banks. But the saying always was "give them a tight five" as meaning "give them a hell of a performance with that nickel up your rear end", and never evolved beyond that as people were starting to be payed nickels by the pound.

Nowadays, as the practice is falling out of style, only select actors choose to carry on the tradition. Including Maryl Streep and Judi Dench (it's rumored that they once swapped rolls in the middle of a play), Ian Mckellan and Patrick Stewart have both kept the tradition alive while performing Shakespeare (though Stewart has admitted that he's recently switched to keeping a pence between the cheeks for historical accuracy), and on Broadway the tradition has almost completely died out, though some younger actors such as James Franco (who has said he only does it on stage, and not in his movies) keep it up, but it's believed he only does it cause he's a crazy pervert.

:chanpop:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Nice try, but if Patrick Stewart were going for historical accuracy he'd know to use a groat, not a penny. :colbert:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They should just use butt plugs imo, would probably be a lot safer

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I wouldn't use this in your tight five.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Because it would take an hour to recite

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Shut up about the nickels.

TwoPair posted:

No, to post a funny version you need to post the ridiculous Amazing Spider-Man 2 version where the webline makes a loving ridiculous tiny hand before he catches her/she dies.

This?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ferrule posted:

Shut up about the nickels.

This?

Bingo.

Daredevil #1:

9 issues later...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Can he actually 'read' those signs or are they just blank sheets of glass to him?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Depends who's writing him.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Kwyndig posted:

Can he actually 'read' those signs or are they just blank sheets of glass to him?

Without touching them? Probably not. With touching them? Yeah, he can read em'. He knows.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You get a certain kind of writer on daredevil and he'd be able to hear the photons of light emanating from the letters and know what it said from the other room

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Now we need the panel where he can hear everything on a busy street, including someone's booty.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, he's like a bat, right? Echo location?
So, he should be able to see a booty.

I mean, if his powers are just HEARS REAL GOOD then this is retarded

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
There's a comic where Doctor Doom switches brains with Daredevil and doesn't even notice he's blind for several pages.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why was doom bodyswapping with daredevil

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

site posted:

Why was doom bodyswapping with daredevil

He was going to use Daredevil's power to rule the world.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Makes sense

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Very few things Doom does don't have "ruling the world" as their end goal.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Wait, I was wrong. He doesn't notice until the next issue

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/daredevil_3738.shtml

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Daredevil’s plan to get his mind back is pretty great in that story: he (as Doom) starts doing a ton of good deeds as Doom.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Daredevil’s plan to get his mind back is pretty great in that story: he (as Doom) starts doing a ton of good deeds as Doom.

How dare he go polishing Doom's bad name!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TwoPair posted:

What are you talking about, Gwen Stacy dying is the funniest moment in comics.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Unkempt posted:

Wait, I was wrong. He doesn't notice until the next issue

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/daredevil_3738.shtml

What a strut.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Uh... Magneto? There's something you should know...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
That familial relationship has been retconned! Now it's just a creepy old guy macking on a possibly underaged girl!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I dunno, magneto seems like a lovely enough dad he'd force his daughter to dance for him while complimenting his own genes

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Unkempt posted:

There's a comic where Doctor Doom switches brains with Daredevil and doesn't even notice he's blind for several pages.

The best part is that after they switch back, Doom calls the FF like "This is Daredevil! Doctor Doom is in my body, and he's coming for you!" The Human Torch attacks Daredevil, and Spider-Man randomly appears to save DD. And to make the story telling less organic, Spidey tells him he just saw Thor while web swinging, so let's get him to help out. So, Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Thor fight the Human Torch, Mister Fantastic, and the Thing until Sue shows up and straightens things out.

I can't recall the issue off the top of my head, but it's an action packed issue, and a great opportunity to see Kirby draw Spidey and DD.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

evilmiera posted:

What are you talking about, Gwen Stacy dying is the funniest moment in comics.
There might be something wrong with you if you think that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

hup posted:

I dunno, magneto seems like a lovely enough dad he'd force his daughter to dance for him while complimenting his own genes

You're thinking of Donald Trump.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

There might be something wrong with you if you think that.

Well not when I first read it of course. It just became supremely funny the more people+marvel brought it up and how they absolutely positively couldn't stop to the point it took a retcon with the goblin kids to make people stop talking about it. Up until the marvel movie with the mini hand web as illustrated above.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Open Marriage Night posted:

The best part is that after they switch back, Doom calls the FF like "This is Daredevil! Doctor Doom is in my body, and he's coming for you!" The Human Torch attacks Daredevil, and Spider-Man randomly appears to save DD. And to make the story telling less organic, Spidey tells him he just saw Thor while web swinging, so let's get him to help out. So, Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Thor fight the Human Torch, Mister Fantastic, and the Thing until Sue shows up and straightens things out.

I can't recall the issue off the top of my head, but it's an action packed issue, and a great opportunity to see Kirby draw Spidey and DD.

How many loving times has Spider-Man fought the Fantastic Four and needed Sue to break it up? I could swear I'm aware of like, three separate instances now. :psyduck:

I mean, DD, Spider-Man, and Thor are basically three fifths of my dream team (The other two are Doctor Strange and Impossible Man) but what.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From Street Fighter vs. Darkstalkers #5. Laura Matsuda loses a fight to Rikuo.

For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMMgV6iOuuQ

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Ahahaha I used to play Rikuo, I love this.

Actually, now that I think about it, in most old fighting games i'd main one, maybe two characters. In Darkstalkers my main was 'Everyone but Dmitri'. gently caress, I miss that series.

edit for why did your brain go to that immediately, guy who posted below me?: I'm pretty sure Rikuo was always one of the good guy monsters of that game, I bet his actual goal was significantly more stupid.

brainSnakes fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So the funny part is that his plan is to rape her?