Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

yellowtail shiraz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

ouzo, sambuca, raki, i think israel has one too they're all the same and they're all bad

me too, thanks

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
thing i forgot to post from singapore: while alcohol prices there are ridiculous, they do have this thing they term a 'whisky library':

the prices are still high but gently caress it, whisky library

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
my liquor cabinet has at most 2 bottles in it, because I tend to buy good stuff and then drink it

otoh I have 3 weeds in there too, so idk

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

[quote="“anatoliy pltkrvkay”" post="“477298280”"]
thing i forgot to post from singapore: while alcohol prices there are ridiculous, they do have this thing they term a ‘whisky library’:

[/quote]

ive been either there or the other big whisky bar in singapore a few times. they had a whole wall of just japanese single malts and like 2000 other bottles lining all the walls. they had a cool thing on the menu where you'd get a 15 year macallan and then also a 15 year macallan from 100 years ago so u could compare, and a few other distilleries. it was hecka expensive though

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

thing i forgot to post from singapore: while alcohol prices there are ridiculous, they do have this thing they term a 'whisky library':

theres one of these in dc and it owns.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

one of the times i went there i got a glass of port ellen, which is an islay distillery that closed in 1983. it cost $50 but i like islays and i figure it probably wont be getting any cheaper. it was p good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

huh apparently port ellen announced theyre reopening just 2 days ago. cool.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jimmy Carter posted:

yo I'm going to Asheville/Brevard for a long weekend, what breweries should I stop by other than Oskar Blues?

go slightly further west to that half of pisgah and hike up to the top of shining rock

it is really good, op

take beer in a backpack I guess but save it for the way down

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

also first days of the world smelling like fall wherever I happen to be work traveling means hunting out the first liquor of the approaching cold months

it is a vodka from france with a frog wearing suit on bottle and it is pretty ok

as with most things breaching over the "low price points of chemical distributer diluted-solvent swill" levee I bought it because the bottle art caught my eye more than others this afternoon

:pgi:

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
beer tastes like beer and that's good because beer is good

Sair
May 11, 2007

Jimmy Carter posted:

yo I'm going to Asheville/Brevard for a long weekend, what breweries should I stop by other than Oskar Blues?

highland is pretty good. also french broad is decent if you like the old warehouse style small brewery

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Beast of Bourbon posted:

my favorite in there (other than the van winkle ofc) is probably the nikka coffey malt. it's so good.

I’ve only had the nikka coffey grain, how does it compare?

the nikka coffey grain has been my go-to lately, despite having plenty of Balvenie Doublewood 12 and Dahlwhinnie 15 too

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

it just started getting kind of cold at night which i am using as an excuse to drink chimay blue on the regs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

JewKiller 3000 posted:

beer tastes like beer and that's good because beer is good

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

ask in the beer thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3470054&perpage=40&pagenumber=1362

i'm not an expert but... burial, fonta flora (45 miles away), wicked weed (recently sold out to abinbev but if you aren't a weird beer nerd who is offended by this, go), wicked weed funkatorium (their sour beers), green man, wedge

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

theres a quiet place on the was side of crappville downtown called old european pastry shop or w/e that sells a bomb mess of three layer cakes and alright coffee

if your there on an open date for the moog tour consider walking some blocks north for an ok history for the beep boops music

fuc u

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Lyon posted:

ask in the beer thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3470054&perpage=40&pagenumber=1362

i'm not an expert but... burial, fonta flora (45 miles away), wicked weed (recently sold out to abinbev but if you aren't a weird beer nerd who is offended by this, go), wicked weed funkatorium (their sour beers), green man, wedge

i'm not an expert but beer

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Jimmy Carter posted:

Pretty much everywhere in the South Slope is worth stopping. Catawba is a good place to start and it’s right next to Buxton Hall BBQ which has the platonic ideal of the fried chicken sandwich

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

goddamn

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
want a card to that library

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I like the bourbon and the whiskey, but not peaty smoky stuff.

you guys should try drinking a lot, it's good for you!

the crystal decanter is an old family heirloom* that we put our "drinkin' whiskey' in, so right now it has bulleit so we feel all fancy when we pour it out all the time. old grandad is for a party this weekend, still good.

*might be from target

where's the stuff i got you. it better not be back there with the captain morgam

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

yellowtail shiraz

sometimes you get gifts you don't want you don't want

people gave us like 11 bottles of wine for our house warming and neither of us drink wine

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
in defense of Shiraz at least it's not Pinot noir

I'll fucks with some Shiraz, it's not good but it's not bad either. but that's at 'any port in a storm' territory. speaking of which I gotta try some of this white port

e: also gently caress merlot

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 12, 2017

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

yellowtail shiraz

:australia:

proud cultural export from great nation of straya

we do make some pretty good white port fortified though

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
having some Elijah Craig

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Chris Knight posted:

having some Elijah Craig
I find EC12 has too much toffee taste for my liking. other than that it's deece

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Kenny Logins posted:

blantons is great and worth the price to try once or twice but it doesn't compete within its weight or certain cheapers

i've fallen for their marketing gimmick, i've got 2 of the stoppers that i got from taking the tour at buffalo trace

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Chris Knight posted:

having some Elijah Craig

Nice

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Cat Face Joe posted:

where's the stuff i got you. it better not be back there with the captain morgam

we drank that a long time ago, i think maybe at our new years party?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Beast of Bourbon posted:

we drank that a long time ago, i think maybe at our new years party?

:riker::respek::madmax:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

having a lovely '07 cab/shiraz blend, and the shiraz haters can just :getout:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
the best wine is zinfandel

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dislike button posted:

the best wine is zinfandel

i like champagne. white wines in general are better than red wines

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

prefect posted:

i like champagne. white wines in general are better than red wines

i must respectfully yet forcefully disagree

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dislike button posted:

i must respectfully yet forcefully disagree

when we visited france in high school, we went to a loire valley chateau where they were all about white wine, so that became my baseline :shrug:

(no, i wasn't a drinker earlier in high school, like most kids)

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I liked white wine when I was in high school too, because it was sweet and tasted like grape juice

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

wise housewifes know white wine is the alcoholic pro choice

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

this was the place. it was nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo