Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

TAQIYYA PURVEYOR posted:

:lol: if you think these are strong feelings.

A voter registration card isn't held equally by democrats? :thunk:

My Florida, Mississippi, and Texas CCWs all have had photos on them. CCWs are state issued licenses, how can they not have pictures on them? They would be useless otherwise.

Then get a state ID.

Hey, just like gun laws!

My WI permit doesn't have a photo. It's a shame being a moron isn't banable here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

DoktorLoken posted:

My WI permit doesn't have a photo. It's a shame being a moron isn't banable here.

If it were there would be zero users.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TAQIYYA PURVEYOR posted:

If it were there would be zero users.

Weren't you just whining about snark when people wouldn't do poo poo for you?

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 13, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Voter ID laws are super mega racist as gently caress bullshit specifically and surgically designed to make voting as difficult as possible for anyone who wouldn't vote Republican, and justified by something that happens in like double digits across the entire country.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

bird food bathtub posted:

Voter ID laws are super mega racist as gently caress bullshit specifically and surgically designed to make voting as difficult as possible for anyone who wouldn't vote Republican, and justified by something that happens in like double digits across the entire country.

you could find and replace a few words in this post and it would sound like anti-gun control rhetoric lmao

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
North Carolina legislature had a study on "how do minorities vote" and then started restricting based on that

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Proud Christian Mom posted:

North Carolina legislature had a study on "how do minorities vote" and then started restricting based on that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta0W8_qn0Aw

He's a US Congressman.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

vains posted:

you could find and replace a few dicks in my mouth and it would sound like Friday night lmao

vains
May 26, 2004

is there something wrong with being gay?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
oh my god, the bigotry is coming from inside the thread :monocle:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Why do you hate our heroes

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Yeah, but he brought plenty with him too.

vains
May 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, but he brought plenty with him too.

You're are real piece of poo poo for calling me a bigot. This isn't a joke. This isn't part of some posting strategy you think I've affected.

You're animate garbage; a golem of feces.

Please go back to D&D.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

vains posted:

You're are real piece of poo poo for calling me a bigot. This isn't a joke. This isn't part of some posting strategy you think I've affected.

You're animate garbage; a golem of feces.

Please go back to D&D.

.....what the gently caress brought this about?

vains posted:

you could find and replace a few words in this post and it would sound like anti-gun control rhetoric lmao

Got it. Voter suppression is the same as taking guns from poors :qq:

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 14, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah I'm super confused.

vains
May 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

.....what the gently caress brought this about?

I never said they were equivalent, you stupid bitch. It wasn't implied and it wasn't overtly stated. I neither implied nor overtly stated it because I don't think that voter suppression and gun control are related.

You could be replaced by a bot that just posts random liberal talking points in response to keywords and no one would know the difference.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CommieGIR posted:

glad we agree they're both targeted restrictions of constitutional rights levied against minorities and the poor by the rich and the white

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Professor Bling posted:

glad we agree they're both targeted restrictions of constitutional rights levied against minorities and the poor by the rich and the white

Poors have already had their gun rights seized through felon exclusion for quite some time.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Poors have already had their gun rights seized through felon exclusion for quite some time.

also true but then again who would honestly argue the us justice system isn't systemically racist and classist

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Not that gunchat debate threads are ever any good, but this one went straight to hell as soon as TFR showed up. Shocking.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

vains posted:

I never said they were equivalent, you stupid bitch. It wasn't implied and it wasn't overtly stated. I neither implied nor overtly stated it because I don't think that voter suppression and gun control are related.

You could be replaced by a bot that just posts random liberal talking points in response to keywords and no one would know the difference.

Right or wrong, you're an idiot and I would disagree with you out of spite, crybaby.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
Worst thread ever

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Dingleberry posted:

Worst thread ever

I like your username.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Everyone fight me irl

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I'll fight you, get tired halfway through, call it quits, then get drinks and laugh at ourselves. Maybe go to a strip club after.

vains
May 26, 2004

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Right or wrong, you're an idiot and I would disagree with you out of spite, crybaby.

dude. you are literally the dumbest man alive.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Someone please explain to McNally what a poop deck is.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

vains posted:

Dude. Where's my car

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

vains posted:

Grow up, child. Maybe someday you'll be able to debate without turning into a flaming pile of ad homs and angry tantrums.

vains posted:

:golfclap: What a blow to him.

Professor Bling posted:

:ssh: Not the same, but hug your guns a little harder and tell yourself that. "Its me, I'm the victim!"

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 14, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

vains posted:

calm down snowflake

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i think vains is triggered,

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

redneck nazgul posted:

Someone please explain to McNally what a poop deck is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think it's the roof of the captains cabin at the back of a sailing ship.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think it's the roof of the captains cabin at the back of a sailing ship.

Ding ding:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poop_deck

EDIT: Did I seriously get a new sig just because someone blew up at me?

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 14, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

lol

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy
as someone who lives in a country where yes, of course you bring a goddamn ID when you go to vote and where, yes of course you take a goddamn exam and get registered if you want to own any type of firearm, the kind of things some US citizens see as incomprehensible practical and moral hurdles keep surprising me.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
As I, too, hail from such a godless nation of unrefined chaos and anarchy, it blows my mind that gun control discussions can go from common sense to DRIVING/FLYING/ETC IS A PRIVILEGE, NoT A RIGHT, while loving with people's ability to vote is fair game.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

666 posted:

as someone who lives in a country where yes, of course you bring a goddamn ID when you go to vote and where, yes of course you take a goddamn exam and get registered if you want to own any type of firearm, the kind of things some US citizens see as incomprehensible practical and moral hurdles keep surprising me.

So, the thing is, it is possible to do this if your intention is to help people. The GOP's specific goal is to gently caress poors and minorities over so you have to bake that into the assumptions you're making with this statement. They are not good faith actors.

If we set up a nation wide ID factions in America scream bloody loving murder, yell states rights, whip their followers up against it as "the mark of the beast", government over reach and the first step to tyranny and get the idea politically crushed. Guess who leads the charge against that fight, then turns around and makes those necessary for voting?

Yes it could be done quite simply, if the GOP didn't benefit hugely from turbo loving the entire process from start to finish.

Edit; as an example, my Pennsylvania State photo ID is no longer recognized on department of defense facilities because there wasn't even federal ID laws passed, there was only requirements for State IDs to meet so they were up to about 1980s technology. That didn't happen because states rights, mark of the beast, tyranny yadda yadda.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 15, 2017

vains
May 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Grow up, child. Maybe someday you'll be able to debate without turning into a flaming pile of ad homs and angry tantrums.

:golfclap: What a blow to him.

:ssh: Not the same, but hug your guns a little harder and tell yourself that. "Its me, I'm the victim!"

1-for the record, i didn't buy you a title change because that is the biggest bitchmade move there is. however, i don't disagree with the sentiment.

2-you called me a bigot in response to a joke about the similarities in rhetoric used. your first move is 'attack person directly'. you do realize that, right?

but, to be clear, you are garbage and cole is babyshit soft and a moron. neither opinions are related to the political positions held.

bird food bathtub posted:

So, the thing is, it is possible to do this if your intention is to help people. The GOP's specific goal is to gently caress poors and minorities over so you have to bake that into the assumptions you're making with this statement. They are not good faith actors.

If we set up a nation wide ID factions in America scream bloody loving murder, yell states rights, whip their followers up against it as "the mark of the beast", government over reach and the first step to tyranny and get the idea politically crushed. Guess who leads the charge against that fight, then turns around and makes those necessary for voting?

Yes it could be done quite simply, if the GOP didn't benefit hugely from turbo loving the entire process from start to finish.

Edit; as an example, my Pennsylvania State photo ID is no longer recognized on department of defense facilities because there wasn't even federal ID laws passed, there was only requirements for State IDs to meet so they were up to about 1980s technology. That didn't happen because states rights, mark of the beast, tyranny yadda yadda.

we have nationwide id in almost everything but name. as a citizen, you can't get a drivers license without a ssn(and 2 bills, a character witness and the moyle who performed your bris). it should be relatively uninvolved to just make a national ID, run it through state DMV offices, and provide some funding to make it all happen without loving over old people who dont drive.

but, i agree. i dont think that there can be any debate that the state level laws aren't about protecting the sanctity of the vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

vains posted:

1-for the record, i didn't buy you a title change because that is the biggest bitchmade move there is. however, i don't disagree with the sentiment.

2-you called me a bigot in response to a joke about the similarities in rhetoric used. your first move is 'attack person directly'. you do realize that, right?

but, to be clear, you are garbage and cole is babyshit soft and a moron. neither opinions are related to the political positions held.

we have nationwide id in almost everything but name. as a citizen, you can't get a drivers license without a ssn(and 2 bills, a character witness and the moyle who performed your bris). it should be relatively uninvolved to just make a national ID, run it through state DMV offices, and provide some funding to make it all happen without loving over old people who dont drive.

but, i agree. i dont think that there can be any debate that the state level laws aren't about protecting the sanctity of the vote.

Nice meltdown crybaby.
And an internet crybaby at that lmao

• Locked thread