Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Reminder for those who aren't aware that the entire reason Sears has collapsed is because its CEO is a Randroid nutjob hedge fund investor who restructured his entire company to maximize competition, including between departments and managers, and unsurprisingly the entire thing collapsed because everyone was looking out for themselves instead of trying to promote the company's common good.

I thought that was only Sears US, not Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Actually Millenials killed Sears because they have no respect for good, honest clothing.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Does Sears still publish hose phone book sized catalogs?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Arivia posted:

I thought that was only Sears US, not Canada.

Owned by the same people/person and presumably managed similarly ineptly even if not 100% the same.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Does anyone here live in Sault Ste. Marie or know the reality of, say, living in Sault Ste. Marie if they don't currently reside there?

Wirth1000 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 13, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Lobok posted:

What kind of coffee and donuts? Maybe you'll get in trouble with us, too. The taste-makers of the CanPol thread are very particular.

I went to Tim's and asked for 2 boxes of coffee and 3 dozen assorted donuts?

I got in trouble because they company was going through a huge management sweep and my new superintendent felt that I was trying to "suck up" to my subordinates too much and they were the enemy because they were costing the company millions.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Excellent post/avatar combo.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

leftist heap posted:

Actually Millenials killed Sears because they have no respect for good, honest clothing.

I wish Millenials would stop killing things.

Where does this end? :ohdear:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Butcher posted:

I wish Millenials would stop killing things.

Where does this end? :ohdear:

When Millennials kill Millennials.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wish millenials would kill off the boomers, but it looks like whatever medical immortality breakthrough we discover will immediately be used to ensure boomers never loving die out.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Arcsquad12 posted:

I wish millenials would kill off the boomers, but it looks like whatever medical immortality breakthrough we discover will immediately be used to ensure boomers never loving die out.

It's gonna be the blood of the young. Calling it right now.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

vyelkin posted:

Owned by the same people/person and presumably managed similarly ineptly even if not 100% the same.

I mean, kind of, but I don’t think that internal competition was the problem in Canada. The much bigger problem was the constant management turnover (they had a ton of Canadian CEOs all pushing their own visions). And being forced to divest assets to pay dividends to the US.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I can see it now, post millennials killed post hardcore

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Boomers are killing themselves by voting in Conservative governments that are killing off home and senior care

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Eventually there will be no more millennials; have some patience.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DariusLikewise posted:

Boomers are killing themselves by voting in Conservative governments that are killing off home and senior care

Do you think Cheryl Gallant will die and take the rest of Renfrew County with her? They're miserable enough people when they're alive. Old, ignorant rural fuckheads whose only pass times are rampant alcoholism, racism and suicide.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Arcsquad12 posted:

Do you think Cheryl Gallant will die and take the rest of Renfrew County with her? They're miserable enough people when they're alive. Old, ignorant rural fuckheads whose only pass times are rampant alcoholism, racism and suicide.

When you think about it, two or three ain’t that bad

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Eventually there will be no more millennials; have some patience.

Eventually millenials will be in charge and thier kids will all be little redpill conservatives, railing against their unisex bathrooms and profligate tax and spend government.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

The Edmonton Sun posted some Republican's op-ed about how Obamacare is a "socialized medicine Trojan horse." I know they're trying to push medicare privatization hard since those UCP fuckers both said they want two-tier, but I don't think they could possibly do it in a dumber way.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Arcsquad12 posted:

pass times

Holy gently caress bud you know you were supposed to go back to school after deer season eh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Holy gently caress bud you know you were supposed to go back to school after deer season eh

Bookoo

Kudatah

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

As angry and broken as i am this one will always make me laugh. :unsmith:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Had to out fer a rip first ya know, bud.
Phone posting. Pastimes becomes pass tines when your thumb slips.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

That's a nice enough ratio

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

probably worse now, took that cap like 20 hours ago

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Arcsquad12 posted:

Had to out fer a rip first ya know, bud.
Phone posting. Pastimes becomes pass tines when your thumb slips.

I have some uncles that talk like this :tinfoil: its almost like the stereotypes could be true

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Risky Bisquick posted:

I have some uncles that talk like this :tinfoil: its almost like the stereotypes could be true

It is absolutely a real thing. Especially in rural Ontario.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sidakafitz posted:

The Edmonton Sun posted [something] in a dumber way.

You've just described Edmonton Sun.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 14, 2017

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

berenzen posted:

You've just described Edmonton Sun.

Isn't that every Sun?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Arcsquad12 posted:

It is absolutely a real thing. Especially in rural Ontario.

The preferred nomenclature is arctic rednecks dude

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Reince Penis posted:

The preferred nomenclature is arctic rednecks dude

London Ontario, there's only one fence between here and the arctic, and hell, that blew down years ago.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Arivia posted:

Isn't that every Sun?

Probably, but I only have the edmonton sun for reference.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Wirth1000 posted:

Does anyone here live in Sault Ste. Marie or know the reality of, say, living in Sault Ste. Marie if they don't currently reside there?

I haven't lived there but I've been through it a bunch of times. It always feels like a desperate and dingy place to me. Trashy. Not somewhere I'd want to live, and that's coming from someone who likes Thunder Bay.

On the bright side, the countryside around it is gorgeous, and Lake Superior Provincial Park to Terrace Bay is some of the most scenic driving in Canada.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

SSM has lots of really pretty things surrounding it

It is a rough loving town to live in that is dying a slow, agonizing death.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Great Italian food, though.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Bleh, I potentially have a career opportunity that would have me living there and working at the hospital in health care. I'm just extremely wary about the town's reputation especially since I'm not white.

Sons of Odin sounds pretty active in the Sault as well. Not exactly enticing. But dang lots of relatively cheap property and just gorgeous places around it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
It's a pretty town if you're an outdoorsy person but I've only ever been a few times as a kid.

Also it sucks that you have to ask 'how racist is this town' before considering a move. I wish we lived in a world where you didn't.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, but think of what will happen when that money trickles down to the middle class and those trying to join the middle class.