Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I found the Embers manual worse than useless since literally none of the items I wanted help help with the first time I used it were even listed in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Aren't those golems only good for making the manual? If that's the case, then just cheat one in.

Alternatively, don't bother. The Embers manual is terrible and barely explains anything.

:v: Well poo poo. I was trying to get online help first for it but unlike Zetta Industries the only information on Embers is through youtube videos or unlabelled stills. The worst mod.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I've stumbled through a bit of Embers for MSB2, having never done it before. Here's what I figured out.

* Make the ember shards with the combustion chamber. Make a bunch of em, they're cheap.

* Hopper them into an ember activator, which will burn them for Ember's fuel source.

* Make a lot of Ember Receivers and some Ember Emitters. This is how you get the ember power into related things.

* To connect the emitters and receivers, use the Tinker's Hammer (the one you used to make plates.) First sneak right click on the receiver, then right click on the emitter. Give the emitter a redstone signal (make a stack of levers) and you should see a gout of flame shoot out between the two.

* Have the Ember Activator emit into a copper cell. Copper Cells are the energy storage of Embers. You can slap an Ember Dial onto the side of the copper cell if you want a numerical readout.

* The goal of getting into Embers, initially, is to make dawnstone. You'll need two Ember Melters, a Mixer Centrifuge, a Stamper, and a Stamp Base. The Stamp Base requires a bucket, so you'll need a smeltery to get this far. You'll also want to make a bar stamp and some stuff that you can use to transport hot fluids (embers has a fluid pipe and a fluid extractor that work great for this; give the extractor a redstone signal to make it operate.)

* To form the stamper, place the stamp base, some random block (cobble) on top of the stamp base, put the stamper on top of it, and remove the random block.

* Put an emitter on the copper cell for output. I haven't found a way to make one emitter power multiple devices, so I just pair the cell with whatever i am using that needs power at the moment.

* Melt copper in one of your melters and gold in the other. You'll know it's working when black smoke comes out of the top. Extract fluid from the top block of each melter, and pump it into the bottom block of the Mixer Centrifuge. Make sure each individual fluid is going into a different block face of the mixer. All three of these blocks need power, so route it appropriately.

* Once the molten dawnstone is finished, pump it out of the top block of the mixer and into the stamper base. The stamper itself should have the bar stamp in it. If everything goes right, it should thrust the stamp down into the base and eject an ingot.

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 13, 2017

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I've stumbled through a bit of Embers for MSB2, having never done it before. Here's what I figured out.
* Put an emitter on the copper cell for output. I haven't found a way to make one emitter power multiple devices, so I just pair the cell with whatever i am using that needs power at the moment.

To have multiple receivers receive energy from a single emitter in Embers, use a Beam Splitter (IIRC), which requires a single Dawnstone to make (again, IIRC). The Beam Splitter takes a single input and provides two outputs and you can daisy chain them to split as many times as you want.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Success, Dawnstone created. It wasn't refined, it wasn't pretty, I swore an awful storm when the melters didn't appear to work the first time through, but I've got enough to break into magma crucibles and enderium/signalum.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

* Melt copper in one of your melters and gold in the other. You'll know it's working when black smoke comes out of the top. Extract fluid from the top block of each melter, and pump it into the bottom block of the Mixer Centrifuge. Make sure each individual fluid is going into a different block face of the mixer. All three of these blocks need power, so route it appropriately.

You don't need the melters. Just melt them in the smeltery and pour the output into Mekanism tanks to pipe them into the mixer. See also: Hardened Fluiduct (Opaque).

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
God Embers just DARES you to enjoy using it. It's such a cool looking mod, but such a pain in the rear end to actually use or play with.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Falcon2001 posted:

God Embers just DARES you to enjoy using it. It's such a cool looking mod, but such a pain in the rear end to actually use or play with.
Yeah, if Botania is "no UI" done right (and even that's arguable) then I think Embers is a pretty good example of it done wrong. It's very much a tech mod in a lot of ways, definitely more than it is a magic mod, but it has all the in-game info of a magic mod, which is to say, basically none. Even Thaumcraft was more precise.
Total tangent here but it's interesting that those ended up being the two really big categories of MC mods, in the end: tech and magic. It's nice to see some breaking away from that but I guess ultimately they're pretty big categories that can encompass a lot of ideas. Still, I can't help but feel there's a lot of possibilities in so open a gameworld that modmakers have neglected to explore.

I guess a lot of what's realized in the modding scene, even with as open a premise as MC is, is the basic tools you have to build off from the vanilla game. You work off what you have.
Just imagine if Minecraft combat weren't terrible. My god, the adventuring and dungeon crawling mods alone.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, if Botania is "no UI" done right (and even that's arguable) then I think Embers is a pretty good example of it done wrong. It's very much a tech mod in a lot of ways, definitely more than it is a magic mod, but it has all the in-game info of a magic mod, which is to say, basically none. Even Thaumcraft was more precise.
Total tangent here but it's interesting that those ended up being the two really big categories of MC mods, in the end: tech and magic. It's nice to see some breaking away from that but I guess ultimately they're pretty big categories that can encompass a lot of ideas. Still, I can't help but feel there's a lot of possibilities in so open a gameworld that modmakers have neglected to explore.

I guess a lot of what's realized in the modding scene, even with as open a premise as MC is, is the basic tools you have to build off from the vanilla game. You work off what you have.
Just imagine if Minecraft combat weren't terrible. My god, the adventuring and dungeon crawling mods alone.

You are forgetting the critical third category of mods: Anime!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWb_mgQvSMs

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

I feel part of that too is that mod authors tend to be very anti-documentation for whatever reason. Vaskii is okay with his in-game stuff, but on the mod webpage it's "find this thing, make the manual, figure it out". And a lot of time you'll see stuff that's just "look it all up in JEI".

I guess mod authors just assume that the wiki pages and YouTubers like direwolf20 will handle it for them?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Playing the Simple Life 2 1.10.2 modpack and I have just set up Refined Storage.
I have an external storage bus plugged into my storage drawers controller and set to 30. I have set the drives and other RS blocks to -1 and -5.
Its my understanding that any items should go into the drawers first. But an item that is already in a drawer goes into the RS drive. Except new items, any new item goes automatically into a storage drawer.

Have tried with multiple items, if it exists in a drawer then it doesn't go there. But if it is new then it does.
Have tried breaking the controllers of both systems to no avail.
And it is doing it again after a computer restart.
Anyone have a clue that I am missing?

Otherwise this is a very nice and slow modpack. I like it.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

That's done a lot less often with mods that came from a more recent genesis. It's the old "classics" that stubbornly insist on avoiding any kind of tooltip, in game manual, or much anything else that are worst about this. Forestry and IC2 are the big culprits, but there are others.

Then you have Mekanism, the oddball mod where most of the information is there in the game, but locked behind an incredibly awkward modified hotkey instead of just exposing it in the basic tooltip.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

OgNar posted:

Playing the Simple Life 2 1.10.2 modpack and I have just set up Refined Storage.
I have an external storage bus plugged into my storage drawers controller and set to 30. I have set the drives and other RS blocks to -1 and -5.
Its my understanding that any items should go into the drawers first. But an item that is already in a drawer goes into the RS drive. Except new items, any new item goes automatically into a storage drawer.

Have tried with multiple items, if it exists in a drawer then it doesn't go there. But if it is new then it does.
Have tried breaking the controllers of both systems to no avail.
And it is doing it again after a computer restart.
Anyone have a clue that I am missing?

Otherwise this is a very nice and slow modpack. I like it.

Do you have some of the item in your Storage Drawers, also in your Drives? I'm pretty sure the way that it works is:

1. Does this item exist in the system already? If yes, store it in same place as it already is (I think this step is what is happening to you, maybe it ignores priority if the item is present in two inventories with different priorities?)
2. If it does not exist already, follow priority from high to low, and store it in the highest priority place

So if you have a Drawer half full of sand, plus a stack of sand in your Disk, then adding sand to the network will be a bit of a crapshoot where it ends up - without having tested it. To solve this, remove all of the offending item from your Disk, and try re-adding. It should all go to the Drawers since it can find the item there already.

Also check to make sure your Drawer for that item isn't full.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Devor posted:

Do you have some of the item in your Storage Drawers, also in your Drives? I'm pretty sure the way that it works is:

1. Does this item exist in the system already? If yes, store it in same place as it already is (I think this step is what is happening to you, maybe it ignores priority if the item is present in two inventories with different priorities?)
2. If it does not exist already, follow priority from high to low, and store it in the highest priority place

So if you have a Drawer half full of sand, plus a stack of sand in your Disk, then adding sand to the network will be a bit of a crapshoot where it ends up - without having tested it. To solve this, remove all of the offending item from your Disk, and try re-adding. It should all go to the Drawers since it can find the item there already.

Also check to make sure your Drawer for that item isn't full.

Drawer is definitely not full, only 102 items on the first item I had tried. The only thing originally in the RS drives were RS processors that I had a made in preparation. To be sure I did disconnect the RS system and made sure any offending items were gone. But the problem just repeats itself.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

OgNar posted:

Drawer is definitely not full, only 102 items on the first item I had tried. The only thing originally in the RS drives were RS processors that I had a made in preparation. To be sure I did disconnect the RS system and made sure any offending items were gone. But the problem just repeats itself.

Are your drawers locked? I know the preferred method for SD interfacing with RS is to have all your drawers pre-assigned and locked down, because the SD controller will throw random items into open drawers even if they're already assigned. The developer closes bugs about this saying it's intended behavior.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Devor posted:

Are your drawers locked? I know the preferred method for SD interfacing with RS is to have all your drawers pre-assigned and locked down, because the SD controller will throw random items into open drawers even if they're already assigned. The developer closes bugs about this saying it's intended behavior.

No but locking them was the fix. I noticed that is what they were doing. So by locking any empty drawers they go into the correct one.

A stupid fix but a fix nonetheless.
Thanks for the help.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hi everyone! I took a bit of a hiatus from my Project Ozone 2 map. I had hit a snag when I started fiddling with the mod files and I thought I corrupted my save beyond repair. Fortunatly for me I found a backup!

So I have been back at my old PO2 save, I am roughly half completed the quest book. My most recent project was a way to utilize the liquid cows, and automating my resources farm. It turns out the Minefactory Reloaded machines I needed for these projects had some complicated crafting requirements, including a zombie head, so I built a MFR autospawner to make some zombies in a controlled environment. I power it I had to made a MFR mob grinder, which I built in the Last Millennium pocket dimension. It is a complete void (unlike the monster covered ice where I live) so I can get a lot of essence. Once I built it through I found that I could spawn random fluid cows using the spawner, and I produced an Essence cow. Essence Cow fuels the creation of the rest of his brethren!

I made a video tour of my base so far. The next plan is harvesting creatures of the nether to use in my auto spawner (so I can make Withers and Nether star Seeds):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-94wh1yAGaw

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Probably an obvious question, but in MSB2 is there an easy way to relocate chests? I notice Chest Transporter isn't in. There's a tooltip that says shift+right-click will let you pick up chests but that doesn't seem to work for me.
As long as I'm asking minor questions, easier way to charge early RF items (like the calculator) other than the Energy Infuser? I'll sink the diamonds if I need to but I'd rather know if there's an alternative first.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 13, 2017

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

That was fixed as of 2.5.5. Try updating. The mod is Carry On.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Toadsmash posted:

That was fixed as of 2.5.5. Try updating. The mod is Carry On.
I always forget to check for updates because my other profiles will have an update icon automatically and MSB2 never does. Thanks for the heads up.
I notice this version has a quest book! :eyepop:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Vib Rib posted:

As long as I'm asking minor questions, easier way to charge early RF items (like the calculator) other than the Energy Infuser? I'll sink the diamonds if I need to but I'd rather know if there's an alternative first.

Calculator's Power Cube can charge its calculators. It's super slow for most RF-chargeable items, but it works just fine for Calculator's titular items, which have super small RF use and capacity.

Alternatively, IE's charger thinger is a thing.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol embers sounds like absolute poo poo

modern warfare 2 is great fun, though. gun down creepers with an assault rifle!!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, thread. I'm trying to remember the name of a newer tech mod. It wasn't magneticraft, but for the life of me, I can't remember much about it at all. I know it's not anything that was around in 1.10.2. I just remember it was mentioned a decent while back in the thread, and I read about it and went "Hmm, that seems interesting" and promptly forgot about it. I know that's really nothing to go on, but it's all I've got sadly.

So, uh, I guess I should ask "what hot new tech mods are out for 1.12"?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Calculator's Power Cube can charge its calculators. It's super slow for most RF-chargeable items, but it works just fine for Calculator's titular items, which have super small RF use and capacity.

Alternatively, IE's charger thinger is a thing.
I tried IE's charger and the calculator doesn't fit in it, unfortunately. Will try the others.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

neogeo0823 posted:

Hey, thread. I'm trying to remember the name of a newer tech mod. It wasn't magneticraft, but for the life of me, I can't remember much about it at all. I know it's not anything that was around in 1.10.2. I just remember it was mentioned a decent while back in the thread, and I read about it and went "Hmm, that seems interesting" and promptly forgot about it. I know that's really nothing to go on, but it's all I've got sadly.

So, uh, I guess I should ask "what hot new tech mods are out for 1.12"?

Nuclear Craft for power generation? (been around since 1.7.10 as well)
Immersive Railroading for large multi-block trains?

Can you give us a clue as to what it was even about? :) What was interesting about it?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

was it the fire-ender-pearls-to-generate-redstone-flux generator from RFtools

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Toadsmash posted:

For energy storage in MS2: look into Zetta Industries if you haven't already.

This is from a bit back, but thanks for this! Energy storage was the main thing I was really stuck on in MSB2. This will do nicely.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

lolmer posted:

Nuclear Craft for power generation? (been around since 1.7.10 as well)
Immersive Railroading for large multi-block trains?

Can you give us a clue as to what it was even about? :) What was interesting about it?

I remember that it was basically a brand new tech mod with fresh new ideas and implementations of its concepts. And that's about it, which is the main problem. It was a thing I read while catching up on the thread and went "hmm, I'll have to check that out. I'm always looking for new stuff to try" and then forgot to note where I saw it. I was reminded of it when i heard the mod title Industrial Foregoing, but I know it wasn't that mod, since that's basically a rehash of... IIRC IC2? But it had a name that was somewhat similar to that.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Industrial Foregoing is a Minefactory Reloaded reskin.

Futurecraft?

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech

Evil Mastermind posted:

I feel part of that too is that mod authors tend to be very anti-documentation for whatever reason. Vaskii is okay with his in-game stuff, but on the mod webpage it's "find this thing, make the manual, figure it out". And a lot of time you'll see stuff that's just "look it all up in JEI".

I guess mod authors just assume that the wiki pages and YouTubers like direwolf20 will handle it for them?

Part of it is that the code itself is a lot of work, and the thought of writing and maintaining a wiki on top of that makes us want to quit life. For the most part, tooltips, JEI, and whatever supplemental info (tabs, GUI design, whatever) should explain the mod.

And really, shouldn't exploring the mod be part of the experience? Offhand I can't think of a single thing in Thermal Expansion where spending a few minutes looking through the creative tabs really isn't enough.

If it's completely obscure to break into at all, then yeah that's a problem. But there's also the problem where some percentage of players want to know every last detail and get upset if existing documentation doesn't cover it. So it becomes a situation where modders get yelled at from all sides with regard to the state of their mod's documentation. And again, it makes us want to quit life.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Tooltips get the job done and then some in plenty of cases. The TE suite of mods are fantastic about that. Tons of mods don't even go that far, though.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

KingLemming posted:

Part of it is that the code itself is a lot of work, and the thought of writing and maintaining a wiki on top of that makes us want to quit life. For the most part, tooltips, JEI, and whatever supplemental info (tabs, GUI design, whatever) should explain the mod.

And really, shouldn't exploring the mod be part of the experience? Offhand I can't think of a single thing in Thermal Expansion where spending a few minutes looking through the creative tabs really isn't enough.

If it's completely obscure to break into at all, then yeah that's a problem. But there's also the problem where some percentage of players want to know every last detail and get upset if existing documentation doesn't cover it. So it becomes a situation where modders get yelled at from all sides with regard to the state of their mod's documentation. And again, it makes us want to quit life.

On the other hand, I've mentioned it before in this thread but it always felt like the dev of ExtraCells just popped onto the internet one day, threw some code up with no documentation or commenting, then vanished forever to let everyone else figure out how his poo poo works w/r/t doing things with fluid.

When nobody can figure out how your mod works, that might be something to look at.

I also echo that 'modder explains it to direwolf20 alone (or another video maker/streamer), dw20 video is subsequently the only source of information on how to use the mod' is really frustrating. It's not 'you have to write and maintain a wiki for your mod yourself' it's 'write a small paragraph/put a few images on your curseforge page how to begin the goddamn mod (please)'. I'm not really talking about TE here as that's always been pretty self-explanitory. But there's been a good number of times in the past when they only way I could figure a mod out was to try to sit through some mushmouth youtuber's video and pan through it to find the relevant explanation.

On that note, am I the only one annoyed by large chunks of explanation videos being taken up by describing the recipes for the items?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Yeah, I really hate it when the only source of documentation for a mod is a video. Even if it's a good video, the fact of the matter is that the video isn't meaningfully searchable. If I'm trying to figure out how to use a Retrograde Fungemaster from the Fungecraft mod, I can't just search the video for the section on the Retrograde Fungemaster -- I gotta slog through all three hours of the drat video, praying for death until I get to the 30 second bit on how I need to place it in a chunk whose x and z coordinates are prime numbers, facing east, during a full moon.

I will say that JEI integration must be a lot easier for mods, because holy poo poo it is awesome to hit the "Uses" key on (e.g.) a precision sawmill and see not only all the normal wood recipes, but have different segments for the different specializations and so on. I never really felt like I needed too much of a wiki or guide on the new Thermal Expansion because the JEI integration is so fleshed out, and there are tooltips on stuff that explain some of the other concepts (like specializations being one per item, and so on.) The only thing that wasn't immediately apparent was big picture stuff like "you can extract fluid from trees and refine it into a really efficient fuel using a whole chain of stuff," but I got there after enough poking around through JEI.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Black Pants posted:

On that note, am I the only one annoyed by large chunks of explanation videos being taken up by describing the recipes for the items?

It was tradition back in the early days of minecraft modding. Up and comers don't have enough confidence to stray too far from the path of those who came before for fear of losing views to someone else.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I agree some videos spend way too long showing you how to craft each and every item, but I did see one youtuber give a good reason for showing recipes at least briefly:

Some (most) mods are super resource heavy, requiring stacks of redstone & diamonds; others are really cheap, just glass and cobble. It's easy for someone to assume a mod's recipes require mid or late game resources to make, and ignore it in favor of the early game vanilla mechanics it was designed to augment or replace. By the time you figure out you could have made this mod's cobblegen using 6 iron & 1 glass you've already spent way too long afk mining insead of having fun actually playing the game.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Nevets posted:

I agree some videos spend way too long showing you how to craft each and every item, but I did see one youtuber give a good reason for showing recipes at least briefly:

Some (most) mods are super resource heavy, requiring stacks of redstone & diamonds; others are really cheap, just glass and cobble. It's easy for someone to assume a mod's recipes require mid or late game resources to make, and ignore it in favor of the early game vanilla mechanics it was designed to augment or replace. By the time you figure out you could have made this mod's cobblegen using 6 iron & 1 glass you've already spent way too long afk mining insead of having fun actually playing the game.
I feel like this is one of the best uses for quest books/guides in modpacks, especially custom tweaked ones. Whether or not they're skyblocks or are heavily gated, it's pretty nice to have some idea of what options are available to you at a given time. The newly added questbook in MSB2 is pretty useless for rewards, and all the instructions are still in the guide, not the quests, but it did alert me to some options I wasn't aware I already had access to, like Environmental Tech.

ET, by the way, seems to have lost its in-game documentation, despite introducing a bunch of new blocks and several different solar panels with no indication of what makes them different.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

The structural blocks when I played it in FTB Beyond were purely a cosmetic difference. I wouldn't be surprised if the new solar panels were the same way.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Vib Rib posted:

ET, by the way, seems to have lost its in-game documentation, despite introducing a bunch of new blocks and several different solar panels with no indication of what makes them different.

The whole mod was completely rebalanced and the recipes for everything completely redone. Advancing is now a lot mroe expensive and absolutely requires the new special crystals that have an extremely low rate to be minedd up in the Void Ore Miner, and do not, by default, have any lenses that can be used to increase it.

You can whack the controller with the assembler to see what you need to do to set up whatever device you're trying to set up. The Ore and Resource miners are the same as before (creates ore or stone-based resources). The new one, the Void Botanic Miner, pulls up basically any kind of plant. Why you'd bother, I don't know.

I don't know if other pack makers have been, but for my packs I set the various ETech crystals to appropriately colored lenses so you can actually progress in something less than for-loving-ever and a day. If you need to do so for a pack you're playing, it's easy enough to edit the JSON files (config/environmentaltech/void_miner/ore is where they're stored).

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Thanks as always for the tips, Serifina. I can always count on you to step in and wade through more obnoxious and obfuscated bits of mods.

Toadsmash posted:

The structural blocks when I played it in FTB Beyond were purely a cosmetic difference. I wouldn't be surprised if the new solar panels were the same way.
Just tested in creative and it appears each solar panel gives more energy than the last. So you can upgrade those separately from the size of the array itself. It's not an incredible difference -- as near as I can tell the top tier gives about twice what the lowest does, maybe a bit more. Size is still what matters most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So some modded Minecraft Schadenfreude for your day. So I've been doing a Let's Play of Sky Factory 3 and have gotten to a point where I basically need to get into Draconic Evolution. I have been staving off having to get into it because some of it feels like it's a little over my head even after watching Direwolf20 cover the whole thing. So I decide I'm going to jump into RFTools Dimensions and somehow spend the whole time I'm recording not realizing I need the Dimension Builder and spend my time making my first Dimension. I get about 30 minutes in and finally realize I need the Builder(I literally built every other Dimension Block) and as I check the recipe what do I need...Awakened Draconium. Needless to say I am now jumping into Draconic Evolution.

TLDR: Jump into RFTools to avoid Draconic Evolution and realize after doing all the work I need Awakened Draconium to get into RFTools.

:bang: