Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Man I wish they did a callabo with RuPaul’s Drag Con and had a queen on the show. Would have been awesome.

Also: I really enjoy the weird live show vibes that I can only describe as “we know we shouldn’t be doing this and we have no idea why you showed up.” I can’t wait for the Portland show and I hope it’s just Nick’s hippie voice for two hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

My opinion of Armen was based on episode 16, in which he reminded me very much of an acquaintance of mine who was an idiot, but thought he was much smarter than anyone else in the room. As of episode 95, my opinion of Armen has changed. He is fine.

Thank you.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

It's funny how Mitch constantly misuses "sick gently caress". Anyone he's mad at for any reason can be a "sick gently caress".

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
New doughboys trope: Nick is interrupted right as he is about to go into his weed head character.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Mitch's extended "Kid Wiger had to use the car wash" bit was fantastic.

"WHAT? THIS IS SOMETHING YOU TOLD ME."

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

i like that mitch went to film school and acts like he has thoughtful critical analysis of media because it reminds me of this forum
mitch being super defensive specifically in response to this post on the new double

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Burger Boy becoming Frog Boy for one year in a Long Beach middle school is mental.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Burger Boy becoming Frog Boy for one year in a Long Beach middle school is mental.
I thought it was just bullshit teenage stuff, the usual trying to be someone you're not as hard as humanly possible until he actually did the voice.

The man is a loving lunatic.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Yes Mitch, your health problems are due to eating 4 meals per month for the podcast. Especially since healthier chains are sometimes mixed in.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

Yes Mitch, your health problems are due to eating 4 meals per month for the podcast. Especially since healthier chains are sometimes mixed in.

On the one hand, they do typically go wild and order appetizer sampler platters, mixed drinks, and sometimes two entrees.

On the other: Once meal a week out of 21.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

On the one hand, they do typically go wild and order appetizer sampler platters, mixed drinks, and sometimes two entrees.

On the other: Once meal a week out of 21.

I mean there's clearly something else going on he's exaggerating a lot. Like during the chicken tournament he was going on about how sick he was from it, from what? Eating chicken 6 times in 30 days?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
1. I think they back to back a lot of their eps and pretape so it's probably more like 6 meals in a week or two

2. Mitch for sure gets heartburn and ulcers and crap as a big fat guy who historically ate poorly and drank too much

3. Probably ibs too... not sure but I think he's mentioned this?

4. Given all this eating big 1000 calorie plus fried meals with apps and deserts and everything likely isn't doing him any good.

5. Also Mitch is a liar

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Yeah, they double-up on episode recordings pretty often now for the Patreon episodes. They do them out of order too, so they'll reference stuff on the Double that hasn't been released on the main feed yet.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this podcast will last forever

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/916453774796795904

whole thread is great.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cams posted:

this podcast will last forever

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/916453774796795904

whole thread is great.

oh my god I love them so much

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I am more of a Wiger IRL but I cannot understand how Mitch has not given that man the beating of his life

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wiger apologizes and says "I love you" and 9 minutes later Mitch goes back to get angry about the Homer tweet again

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

I am more of a Wiger IRL but I cannot understand how Mitch has not given that man the beating of his life

They can get that close physically without kissing

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

Wiger apologizes and says "I love you" and 9 minutes later Mitch goes back to get angry about the Homer tweet again

YOU SICK gently caress

drat IT

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Drunkboxer posted:

They can get that close physically without kissing

lmao hi Armen

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2017/10/10/doughboys-podcast-interview/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Because it is the season and Mitch mentioned it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skx-31aLMP8

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

c*ck

cams
Mar 28, 2003

great double today where mitch tried to convince nick that he was sick in order to gain sympathy and nick did not believe him

Henry Crustwheel
Jun 22, 2010

Those should be in separate boxes.

[Japanese role playing video game]

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Appropriate that Nick's put-upon voice from middle school sounds like the broken Speak 'n' Spell from I Have a Special Plan for this World

https://youtu.be/lxZpEFJhO6k

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Much like the Burger Boy, I love being pedantic, so I think it's important for you to know that circuit bent speak n spells go beyond Current 93.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

ManoliIsFat posted:

Much like the Burger Boy, I love being pedantic, so I think it's important for you to know that circuit bent speak n spells go beyond Current 93.

ManolilsFat... thank u

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I would like to take a moment to shout out Thomas Ligotti, though. He's like H.P. Lovecraft without all that pesky racism.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

I would like to take a moment to shout out Thomas Ligotti, though. He's like H.P. Lovecraft without all that pesky racism.

now why the hell would you read it then

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

https://www.facebook.com/doughboyspodcast/posts/1909516642701968

Looks like the boys will be talking Taco Time tonight in Portland. As a big fan of their Crispy Chicken Burrito, I'm excited!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

A true, true A+ drop segment this week from start to finish.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Neil's John Carter reference was the the other highlight of the episode for me. Lost it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Portland was a really great show. The most I've laughed in ages.

"You have died of dysentery".

I think they've taken "hot salad" as far as it can go now, though. Any more might feel like beating a hot dead horse.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Now having seen the Doughboys dynamic in person, I guarantee you Nick is going to at some point throw a punch at Mitch. Then they'll get into a wrestling match because neither of them can fight.

FitFortDanga posted:

I think they've taken "hot salad" as far as it can go now, though. Any more might feel like beating a hot dead horse.
I'd agree, but I have to admit the fact that Nick ordered a taco salad made it all worth it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Did anyone else just get a text from Bug Mane?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Did anyone else just get a text from Bug Mane?

What'd it say, "Bzz Bzz?"

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

JethroMcB posted:

What'd it say, "Bzz Bzz?"

yes

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I can't believe I hear from Bug Mane more often than my mom but the message was

9 HOURS AND COUNTING BZZ BZZ

That was at 6 PM EST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Sounds like Bug Man has a big project in the worlks, Skittles Skittles!