Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Bombadilillo posted:

Athingthathappened and OopsIforgottotellajoke at the same time.

Most of Cagle's work is meant to accompany news stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

E-Tank posted:

So wait, if Goodell is such a pathetic wimp, why is our glorious god-emperor Trump bothering with him?
:umberto:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Discendo Vox posted:

Most of Cagle's work is meant to accompany news stories.

That would seem to make it more important to make a joke or statement?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

The more of an opinion a cartoon has, the fewer news articles and, more importantly, opinion pieces, it can safely accompany.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Bombadilillo posted:

Fer cryin' out loud, it's layered humor, okay?! See, what they ARE is inconsistent with the NAMES of the groups they've joined, right? Both of 'em! And, get this, here's where it gets good: the BOY is in a skirt! Right? A skirt! Now THAT'S classic comedy.

Why do I even bother trotting out the A-material for you people?

After The War fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 14, 2017

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

(That's supposed to be John Kelly. Of course, wouldn't Trump get *two* scoops?)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Odd that NK isn't in there...as a domino already falling and about to hit the others.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:negative:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

BarbarianElephant posted:

So "laughing at him" is the same as being triggered now? In that case, I guess I'm *very triggered* by his obsession with manly, sexy Donald Trump.

Conservatives have no idea what "triggered" means.

Chunder
Apr 1, 2004
All Murder, All Guts, All Fun

The domino theory got the U.S. involved in Vietnam. About time we dusted that thing off and gave it another go.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
...he cries, staring at the other TV on the wall he's facing, which shows Trump starting wars with North Korea and Iran while destroying health care.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

This is so loving stupid and rear end-backwards on so many levels it rivals "Let's raise this." I'm not going to bother with every single thing, but two are especially :psyduck:

First, don't pretend you give a poo poo about preventing nuclear proliferation, because the JCPOA is successfully persuading Iran to shelve its nuclear weapons program. Scrapping it and rattling our sabers over regime change yet again, like you want us to, is the best way to avoid the outcome you're pretending to be worried about.

Second, the Hezbollah domino at the end. All the other dominoes there are at least rivals with Iran, so okay, you're warning us about an arms race. Except Hezbollah is a client of Iran, so you're arguing either that Hezbollah is going to run a nuclear program of their own, or that Iran is going to give nukes to Hezbollah just for shits and giggles. Either way, you put Saudi Arabia and the UAE in your causal chain between Iran and Hezbollah.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jurgan posted:

Conservatives have no idea what "triggered" means.
That word's completely hosed with or without them. I've seen it used as a joke, by the left and right, 1000 times for every one time I've seen it used seriously.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Sure, but have you also considered that Michael Ramirez is a stupid motherfucker?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

That never stopped anyone from getting mad about him before! :argh:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

:ironicat:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My guess is what this really means is that they are saying "this is an event for Muslim women to discuss what it's like to be a Muslim woman"?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

At what point does the number of Harvey Weinstein, sexual predator cartoons exceed the number of Donald Trump, sexual predator cartoons? Or are we already there?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shangri-Law School posted:

At what point does the number of Harvey Weinstein, sexual predator cartoons exceed the number of Donald Trump, sexual predator cartoons? Or are we already there?

I'd wager we're definitely already there. Even if you only count the ones that are exclusively using the story to tar the DNC.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

You gotta be pretty warped if your hot take on this situation is how linked you are to the Democrats. Why are US right wingers such poo poo bags?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Throwing Matt Damon in there is so goddamn petty.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Flipswitch posted:

You gotta be pretty warped if your hot take on this situation is how linked you are to the Democrats. Why are US right wingers such poo poo bags?

They get to control the conversation because they can jump in right away and spout any bullshit they want. They do it over and over enough people just accept it as truth because people hear the BS before they get to hear corrections.

I just went full Tei, didn't I?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Hey, I wonder what all these cartoonists said about Trump almost exactly a year ago...

By the way, over at GoComics....

Varvel wins the "didn't just deflect onto Hillary" award:

...sort of.

quote:

Well, whaddayaknow! Another contender!

...and it's a tie.

quote:

:effort:

quote:

Seemingly the only genuine condemnation of the bunch.

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 14, 2017

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Hey, I wonder what all these cartoonists said about Trump almost exactly a year ago...

By the way, over at GoComics....

Varvel wins the "didn't just deflect onto Hillary" award:

...sort of.

Well, whaddayaknow! Another contender!

...and it's a tie.

:effort:

Seemingly the only genuine condemnation of the bunch.

In 30 years when president Trump Jr starts a nuclear war with China, political cartoonists will still go "CATTLEGATE EMAILS VINCE FOSTER SHOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
By the way, I'd like to thank Google for directing me to McKee when I searched for "r. merkel cartoonist".

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

FronzelNeekburm posted:

By the way, I'd like to thank Google for directing me to McKee when I searched for "r. merkel cartoonist".

:same:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Loyalty to a piece of cloth is really, really important.

Loyalty to the ideals that are supposedly represented by the piece of cloth, however, who loving cares about that? What's important is the symbol, and you can forget about the spirit.

It's like religious worship: you worship an idol, and definitely not the divine entity supposedly represented by the idol. It's the material thing, purged of all meaning, that really counts.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Wait, that can't possibly be right. I refuse to believe the big comically angry white guy screaming vague insults/threats in the face of a calm, seated black guy is supposed to be the good guy in this comic.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Flipswitch posted:

It's like even if at worst, people only condemned him when it became too open to ignore, well that's still a far site better than electing him president.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I would *love* to see one of these maga chuds try getting up close and yelling at an actual player.

Vib Rib posted:

Wait, that can't possibly be right. I refuse to believe the big comically angry white guy screaming vague insults/threats in the face of a calm, seated black guy is supposed to be the good guy in this comic.

lol

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

How do I best show that it's actually the drat dirty Dumbocraps who are sexist and not me?

Oh I know, draw Hillary's boobs.
- Glenn McCoy, sensitive man

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

I spent ages on this one trying to work out why Trump would care more if it was Africa. 'Ricostan' would have gotten the point across much more clearly.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the woes of Philip Hammond – With calls for his head from the far right of his party growing louder, the chancellor also offended Europhiles by referring to the EU as ‘the enemy’"; After Holman Hunt.

Telegraph:

Jean-Claude Juncker tells Britain: 'Thanks for the war... but now you have to pay up'

Independent:

Tories must confront leadership issue, says George Osborne; After Carlo Dolci.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Did I miss something where this Harvey guy was a prominent liberal figure? Like, who the gently caress is he? Other than "Hollywood" I didn't know he existed until this.

• Locked thread