Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

So this is what love feels like.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I loving love embiid. please stay healthy

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Joel for king of twitter (and the universe).

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Oh my god :vince:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/youngwhiteside/status/919054147160289280

The greatest league in the world

*Marks down heat/sixers as a must watch*

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

oh my god I'm dead

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/youngwhiteside/status/919054147160289280

The greatest league in the world

*Marks down heat/sixers as a must watch*

I really want this to develop into a multiyear fued

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Embiid Eclipse is a nice comeback, but man Joel just kills dudes

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

we are not worthy

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Carlosologist posted:

Embiid Eclipse is a nice comeback, but man Joel just kills dudes

It would be if one ignored how Whiteside's first few years in the league went.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
NBA November N/V: "your +/- was rear end"

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It would be if one ignored how Whiteside's first few years in the league went.

it was a pretty good comeback

there's only one way to settle this, through the ancient ritualized combat sport known as basquetbol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nope I lied my twitter app broke

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

chunkles posted:

it was a pretty good comeback

there's only one way to settle this, through the ancient ritualized combat sport known as basquetbol

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/919053073431097344

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Now that's how you organically start a rivalry

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/919059878462636032

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

quote:

My location is EXTREMELY rear end

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
This is what the NBA needs. This is what I need. God bless.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

guys the instragram location check in is absolutely next loving level holy poo poo

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Embiid's trying to bring back the "we are not friends" spirit of past leagues when more restrictive contracts prevented easy player movement. Or maybe just the 2011 KD tweet where he pretended he was loyal to OKC

Anyhow some quick notes about Whiteside, his rookie season actually owns the third highest Fouls per Possession season in all of NBA history, with 50.4 infractions every 100 possessions, or around 36 fouls per game. He loses out to one of the greatest statistical footnotes of all time, a man I'm always bringing up, the great Chuck Nevitt, whose age 34 1993-1994 season with the Spurs produced an astonishing, entirely unmatched, nobody else approaching his 159.8 Pts per 100 possessions, or roughly 108 pts per game, which would've been by far the greatest season in NBA history if he hadn't muddied his waters by committing 53.3 fouls every 100 possessions.

Chuck Nevitt is the Donald Bradman of NBA basketball. It's said that when Nelson Mandela was released from prison after 27 years, his first question was "Does Chuck Nevitt ball yet?"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh my god

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Who's the strongest man in the NBA? I think it might be one of the Lopez brothers. but there are also some squat non-jumping PFs that seem like reasonable candidates, your Zach Randolphs and David Wests. I'm not talking P4P here because comparing relative strength is meaningless, only the absolute is important. Neat or whatever that an insect can carry many times its body weight, but any normal human can still walk around despite being covered head to to in many thousands of bugs.

I would've snap answered LeBron before Mirza laughed at him those many years ago. Now I got no idea

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lol. He's retweeting his own posts from last year.

https://twitter.com/RealMattCarey/status/919062699090300930

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Who's the strongest man in the NBA? I think it might be one of the Lopez brothers. but there are also some squat non-jumping PFs that seem like reasonable candidates, your Zach Randolphs and David Wests. I'm not talking P4P here because comparing relative strength is meaningless, only the absolute is important. Neat or whatever that an insect can carry many times its body weight, but any normal human can still walk around despite being covered head to to in many thousands of bugs.

I would've snap answered LeBron before Mirza laughed at him those many years ago. Now I got no idea

I remember gortat having great lifting stats in Orlando so I'm gonna say him

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Wow I can’t believe we’re getting a new patron saint of poo poo talk this is amazing

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

When he was playing, Pekovic.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Joel Embiid goat holy fuckin poo poo we are not even remotely worthy #TheProcess

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

EvanTH posted:

Randle is probably up there, that is a large man

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Adams

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

EvanTH posted:

It used to be Pekovic but now I have no idea.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Embiid is not stopping.

He liked this tweet.

https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/919057112386473984

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

From zach lowe's preseason guesses

Bledsoe on Denver would be fantastic. The extra step and a half he'd give Jokic would mean that Jokic could at least stand in the way of the rim, and that would probably pop their defensive ranking from worst to 24th. Add Millsap and you get closer to 19. They become a real team.

I am not sure what Phoenix takes back in this deal anymore though, which is part of the problem and why I wish this trade happened in the offseason. I guess, although Mudiay has shown a few signs of life this preseason, I think putting him on a team with a bunch of players his age or younger is a good way to derail that and lose like 90% of basketball games.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Hooooo buddy

RedApe98
Mar 17, 2009

EvanTH posted:

If we are counting non-human players it has to be Boban.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
The fact that we've got to wait till February for these two guys to face off for real is a crime. Do something, Adam Silver!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The legend of poo poo player, pantheon level teammate Kendrick Perkins keeps on growing.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

"Kendrick Perkins may join Cavaliers' coaching staff if no NBA team signs him"

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/10/kendrick_perkins_may_join_cava.html

lol

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
NBA November N/V: My location Is EXTREMELY rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

I've never owned an NBA jersey but I might have to get one for Embiid.

Open up my eager eyes / cuz I'm Hassan Whiteside

• Locked thread