Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Bruceski posted:

Yeah. I can almost one-round the boss with my OK solo, so if I tweaked that a bit (and had the bonus units to warrant only bringing one ringer) I could clean up.

There's definitely a lot of ways to optimize the run. I gave my bonus units breaks like Deprotect and Imperil, and just those allow my DV to cruise through every fight in one turn with Dual Slash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I got a Golden Bomb. This is how I dealt with it. This LB is the best.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Discord dead?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
This is a pretty nice event in terms of what you need to get from King Mog: there's only one item really worth chasing so I can replenish my stock of 6* upgrade mats back into the 100s, and grab all those burst pots to get Ayaka up a bit more so I can finally take her to 6* with a nice high level on her LB.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Office Thug posted:

There's definitely a lot of ways to optimize the run. I gave my bonus units breaks like Deprotect and Imperil, and just those allow my DV to cruise through every fight in one turn with Dual Slash

It feels weird. Last time I had a hand full of bonus units so I was focused on one-rounders (and Hein kinda needed them) and figuring out whether it was better to bring an ally bonus unit and do one tier down and various other optimization stuff. This time I have two guys for 125% bonus, no particular incentive to pull more, and I can just smack the guy like it aint no thang.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

McSpankWich posted:

Discord dead?

Yeah, now it is.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

Event is good, my olive can solo it. Now if only I could roll some bonus units.
EDIT: Also holy poo poo, check out that awful bundle in the shop. 50 bucks for 20 dollars worth of lapis!!! I can't wait to buy it.

That bundle was in the leaked documents.

Hooray!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

It's not a terrible bundle, just only slightly better than just buying lapis.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well, assuming you value the tickets more than tm grinding.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

You'd think that the point of having special bundles would be them being a relatively really good deal :/

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Over here with my 1x Libertus grinding ALL DAY dying for some more fuckin bonus units. Already bought all the king mog rare summon tickets and all.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

yea I feel ya. I somehow pulled 5 golds in a row and not a single one was on banner... At that point I would have settled for a 3 star on banner

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
What is the reason to pull this banner? One of the TMs?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

It's not a terrible bundle, just only slightly better than just buying lapis.

nah its poo poo. you can get 6000+2500 lapis for this price, which would cover the 10+1 summons, and at 100+ max nrg, 2 nrg refills, 6lapis refils worth of earth shrine to get 30% to 5 units. which i guess leaves 200 lapis left that i guess gumi counts the 2nd 4* ticket as.
4* tickets dont have 50% on banner rate, its more like 20-25%ish, so those arent worth buying.
Also, compared to the mythrill chest bundle, which is 10+1 worth of tickets,200 nrg, 1 trust moogle, and atk+30%, this new bundle is a poo poo deal. don't buy it unless you end up super desperate for halloween units next week, and even then i don't think you will be.

beergod posted:

What is the reason to pull this banner? One of the TMs?

the 4* have amazing tms. crowe is 30%hp and spr, which is huge for tanking, and glauca has a dark greatsword tm, which veritas of the dark, orlandus chaining with dark, and garlands will love.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Shame that the Crowe TM got hit with "not stackable"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sometimes in arena I get a timer, sometimes I don't. What affects that? Particularly on "no status effect" weeks this can really affect whether an enemy dodger just dismantles me.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
So my OK is approaching 1000 ATK which is cool. But that basically means I have to always pair with an OK friend to clear ELT content, right? Or I need to somehow draw a second OK and gear him up. My understanding is that no one else chains with him and chaining is by far the way to do the most damage.

Edit: lmao right after I posted this I opened another OK from my 5* whale ticket.

beergod fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Oct 14, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
This game openly mocks me. "Hey bro I heard you wanted 5* chainers. Here's Mercenary Ramza, Knight Delita, and Nyx. Enjoy!"

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

beergod posted:

So my OK is approaching 1000 ATK which is cool. But that basically means I have to always pair with an OK friend to clear ELT content, right? Or I need to somehow draw a second OK and gear him up. My understanding is that no one else chains with him and chaining is by far the way to do the most damage.

Edit: lmao right after I posted this I opened another OK from my 5* whale ticket.

Spark Chaining is the fast track to doing ludicrous amounts of damage, but speaking as someone who only has some decent element-chainers, you don't need perfect frame data to do solid damage, it's only (borderline) mandatory on things like trials. ELT stages can be done just fine with imperfect chains, especially at 1000 ATK.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

beergod posted:

For shadowlord, my best best was to use an orlandu to chain with my holy using OK. It's far from perfect chaining, but between the light imperil and elemental chaining, it's frequently good enough.

Re:edit:
:negative:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I use OK as a non-elemental chain starter, and had decent “success” with Fryevia x2.

Nothing to really brag about but it got the job done in a few situations. Also helps that he is currently 991 attack.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Nyx Fixed Dice:
Total Stats: HP: 6469 MP: 311 ATK: 678 DEF: 325 MAG: 346 SPR: 265
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 30% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 0% M. Counter: 0%

Nyx Dual Wield:
Total Stats: HP: 6469 MP: 311 ATK: 969 DEF: 329 MAG: 281 SPR: 265

I honestly can't decide which would be better to use.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Nyx Fixed Dice:
Total Stats: HP: 6469 MP: 311 ATK: 678 DEF: 325 MAG: 346 SPR: 265

Nyx Dual Wield:
Total Stats: HP: 6469 MP: 311 ATK: 969 DEF: 329 MAG: 281 SPR: 265

I honestly can't decide which would be better to use.

Run the training dummy 10 times with each to get a rough average?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Run the training dummy 10 times with each to get a rough average?

I can't, I don't actually have the Dice or a Dark Knight's Soul, I was trying to decide which to TM immediately.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Final Ayaka tally: 135 pulls (split between ~100 tickets & 15,000 lapis), 0 Rainbows :(

Consoled myself by Moogling up DV so that my A2 could hit 1120 ATK. Now to save for like, months until I care about a banner.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got the Beautiful Lani's TM this morning, gonna give it to Earth Veritas I think. Make use of the Gigantaxe's HP bonus.

I have so many good units that not drawing one on a given banner is not a huge deal... but my lizard brain does not agree.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

AegisP posted:

Final Ayaka tally: 135 pulls (split between ~100 tickets & 15,000 lapis), 0 Rainbows :(

Consoled myself by Moogling up DV so that my A2 could hit 1120 ATK. Now to save for like, months until I care about a banner.

I'm around 180 or so pulls on her banner with 0 rainbows. Just going to start stockpiling for... something. Even 6 months from now Orlandu/Tidus are still going to be solid and who knows what Fryevia will be like if/when she gets enhancements.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm around 180 or so pulls on her banner with 0 rainbows. Just going to start stockpiling for... something. Even 6 months from now Orlandu/Tidus are still going to be solid and who knows what Fryevia will be like if/when she gets enhancements.

Yea, I'll 100% be dusting my Tidus off when his enhancements come out, because they're silly. I should doublecheck I have all the cysts stockpiled.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I pulled an Orlandeau last month and now I'm torn between upgrading him or upgrading Tidus.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Which consumables are worth buying/crafting and how many do you take into battle?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

beergod posted:

Which consumables are worth buying/crafting and how many do you take into battle?

Grab all the Phoenix Downs, Elixirs, Ethers you can. Craft-wise I have never crafted anything except Ethers/Mega Ethers/etc. and Void Vessels(which you wouldn't have access to if you just started). Consumables just generally aren't that helpful, and even ones like ethers have been replaced by having a unit with party MP refresh skills.

I'd say ethers, elixies and phoenix downs are the only ones I use these day and even then it's kind of a rarity.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 15, 2017

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

beergod posted:

Buy all the consumables that you can use for the expedition boost in addition to whatever you'd want to use for actual combat. Also don't underrate tents. They're probably only useful once every couple of months, but when they're good, they're amazing.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I pulled an Orlandeau last month and now I'm torn between upgrading him or upgrading Tidus.

Tidus. Well, both, but Tidus.

Orlandeau gains +40% ATK & +30% Baseline Damage (200>260) to his main skill. Tidus, by contrast, gains +70% ATK & +80% Baseline Damage (400>720) to his main skill. Tidus' damage output doubles, at least.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

AegisP posted:

Orlandeau gains +40% ATK & +30% Baseline Damage (200>260) to his main skill. Tidus, by contrast, gains +70% ATK & +80% Baseline Damage (400>720) to his main skill. Tidus' damage output doubles, at least.

On the other hand Tidus doesn't chain with Sephiroth or CG Raegan (I guess Energy Rain does for AOE but that doesn't get an enhancement)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Victis posted:

On the other hand Tidus doesn't chain with Sephiroth or CG Raegan (I guess Energy Rain does for AOE but that doesn't get an enhancement)

Considering both of those are 6+ months out I'm not sure it's really worth planning on right now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

AegisP posted:

I have OK who's my chain damage guy. I guess that answers my question since Tidus is my finisher/debuffer for OK.

Yeah, I will have to enhance both of them and then save for OK enhancements.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Those OK enhancements look sweet as hell

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I can't wait to enhance my Aileen on JP, get her TM, then get VoH's TM. She is gonna be so bad rear end.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Victis posted:

CG Reagan's so good. His only real downside is that his LB takes forever to fill but it's also ridiculously powerful so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
I haven't hosed around with espers at all. Is it worth doing? If so, which esper should I grind and what do I need to grind it?

• Locked thread