Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Amputraitor posted:

Anybody got any recommendations for LPs of really awful JRPGs? I've got a hankerin' for some bad JRPGs.

Quovak did a fantastic deconstruction of Golden Sun and its sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Does anyone have any recommendations of lets plays of bad Pokemon fan games? Things like OrangeFluffySheep's and TIetuesday's run through of Pokemon uranium for example. Any format is fine by me.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Does this feature a young HBomberguy?! :aaa:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Drashin posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations of lets plays of bad Pokemon fan games? Things like OrangeFluffySheep's and TIetuesday's run through of Pokemon uranium for example. Any format is fine by me.

There's currently a Pokemon Reborn LP in progress, though it hasn't updated for quite a while.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
any GOOD LPs or even games threads about sudden strike? I bought the first 3 games on steam because nostalgia but there are serious issues with the modern OS port I have already have problems with and any LP on youtube is poo poo because everyone there sucks at LP.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Does Didja Redo only have the 3 completed LPs? They always have such cheery and inspiring endings. I found his Fire Emblem and Vampire LPs, which were abandoned pretty early on.

deadnegator
Nov 17, 2014
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Tonic trouble LP? Remember playing this game as a kid and having lots of trouble with it....

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

are there any good recentish video LPs of Siren 2 or Siren: Blood Curse? i'd prefer something post-commentary and informative but i'm okay with live let's plays as long as the lper just doesnt get audibly scared all the time or has a facecam

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Drashin posted:

Does Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal count? While technically not a "fan game", it is most definitely not the experience that the developer had intended.

Also, it is glorious in every way.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

does anyone have a good LP of a rhythm game? I'd prefer taiko drum master but any rhythm game is good.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
No link since I'm on mobile, but Ambisagrus did a good Rhythm Heaven LP, and it's on the archive

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

FutureFriend posted:

are there any good recentish video LPs of Siren 2 or Siren: Blood Curse? i'd prefer something post-commentary and informative but i'm okay with live let's plays as long as the lper just doesnt get audibly scared all the time or has a facecam

Supergreatfriend did siren just a few months ago, actually. It was both post commentary and informative, and he actually did a series of supplementary episodes helping pull together the rather disjointed plot and going over some of the ancillary material. It's really good.

Crigit fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 28, 2017

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Crigit posted:

Supergreatfriend did siren just a few months ago, actually. It was both post commentary and informative, and he actually did a series of supplementary episodes helping pull together the rather disjointed plot and going over some of the ancillary material. It's really good.
I think that's why he was asking for the sequel and the PS3 episodic Siren. Because there was a recent LP done of the first game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyone who likes Paradox style LPs should check out the new one featuring the Papacy for one of the most brilliant, insane, hilarious plot twists ever

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
It is beautiful. Please check out the pope game. 🙏

e: But we have you for when we're phone postin, TooMuchAbstraction!

POOL IS CLOSED fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 30, 2017

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Y'all could have linked the thread. I guess you didn't really want people to read it. :dawkins101:

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Apparently the game got confused and decided the Pope was now a Satanist, despite this having nothing to do with the massive conspiracy that he just joined. This is probably why the Pope isn't actually playable in the game without cheating.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Why do people keep using imgur when Lpix exists? :saddowns: I like reading SSLPs on night shift downtimes but the firewall blocks imgur. This is like the third one I'll have to pass on since I can't see the pictures

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Danaru posted:

Why do people keep using imgur when Lpix exists? :saddowns: I like reading SSLPs on night shift downtimes but the firewall blocks imgur. This is like the third one I'll have to pass on since I can't see the pictures

Lpix is kind of a pain to use if you're uploading a bunch of images at the same time since you have to do them one at a time and then go through and move them (one at a time) into the correct folders. With Imgur you just select them all and they'll be uploaded and automatically put into a gallery.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tiggum posted:

Lpix is kind of a pain to use if you're uploading a bunch of images at the same time since you have to do them one at a time and then go through and move them (one at a time) into the correct folders. With Imgur you just select them all and they'll be uploaded and automatically put into a gallery.

This is not an issue. Use the Rightload plug-in to upload multiple images into the gallery of your choosing in LPix. It's in the Sandcastle OP.

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

The plugin in the Sandcastle OP (and Tech Support) is slightly out of date. There's a link to the latest Rightload plugin, plus a link to the alternative ShareX program and its plugin, in the footer of the LPix site.

But yeah, get one of those uploaders running and LPix is great for screenshot LPs.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
You are correct. We should get the OPs updated.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

You are correct. We should get the OPs updated.

The Sandcastle OP has now been updated to reflect the latest Rightload plugin version and the code for the ShareX plugin in the LPix section of the post.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
Tech Support will be updated in a bit too.

e; Done

Zeratanis fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 3, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

This LP of Typing of the Dead is one of the most creative takes on an LP that I've ever seen.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

StrixNebulosa posted:

This LP of Typing of the Dead is one of the most creative takes on an LP that I've ever seen.

Aye that is genius.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
He also did a pretty interesting approach to LSD that should be checked out: https://lparchive.org/LSD-Dream-Emulator/

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Same. That really is such a good idea for a subtitled LP. :magical:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Wasn't someone posting a monster hunter generations LP where they ran all missions as a Prowler?

I can't find it. Am I losing my mind? (Don't answer that one.)

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Same. That really is such a good idea for a subtitled LP. :magical:

Speaking of cool subtitled LPs, I wanted to reccomend JohnOfOrdo3's LP of Little Nightmares. It's got a very cute gimmick.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Wasn't someone posting a monster hunter generations LP where they ran all missions as a Prowler?

I can't find it. Am I losing my mind? (Don't answer that one.)

Hasn’t started yet on account of the poster going on vacation, assuming you mean Silver Falcon’s thing in the Sandcastle not too long ago.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

ChaosArgate posted:

Hasn’t started yet on account of the poster going on vacation, assuming you mean Silver Falcon’s thing in the Sandcastle not too long ago.

Oh! That's where it was. I misremembered it as already being posted. Cheers!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Oh! That's where it was. I misremembered it as already being posted. Cheers!

It's live now if you're still interested.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Thanks for that!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

If you haven't seen it, Roar's LP of Doki Doki Literature Club is worth checking out. An actual endorsement from the thread:

quote:

Also, credit to Roar for bringing this hidden gem to my attention, because it got me to play through it blind and...well. I'm definitely...well "glad" isn't a good word in this situation but I do appreciate that I got to experience that blind for sure.
Just be aware that the content warning at the beginning of the game is very very serious.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone got a good recommendation on Wolfenstein? I wanna watch some funny dudes talk over Nazi murder, preferably with the cutscenes / lore bits kept intact.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Turtlicious posted:

Anyone got a good recommendation on Wolfenstein? I wanna watch some funny dudes talk over Nazi murder, preferably with the cutscenes / lore bits kept intact.

Your Evil Twin did a fun LP of the '09 game. And Lazyfire did LPs of both New Order and Old Blood.None of them talk over cutscenes.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I also support the Lazyfire recommendations. It's a really comprehensive look at the new games plus he's a good player, so he makes it look easy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Turtlicious posted:

Anyone got a good recommendation on Wolfenstein?

Temin_Dump's LP of every Doom and Doom-adjacent game has already covered Wolf3D and SoD and will presumably get to the recent ones eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is there a completed Resident Evil 7 LP that isn’t done by YouTube comedians trying to be funny?