Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Inflation reduces returns from investment and usury but increases loan demand (and is related to other types of demand). This is basic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

call to action posted:

i'd burn it down before i gave it to some rando

You're going to burn alright.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

The dismissals come at a crucial point for the company, which is pushing to increase vehicle production five-fold and reach a broader market with its new Model 3 sedan. The electric vehicle maker missed targets for producing the lower-cost sedan, manufacturing only 260 last quarter despite a wait list of more than 450,000 customers.

quote:

He also joked to employees they would be going through “production hell” to meet demand for the new car. The company said recently a manufacturing bottleneck caused it to fall far short of its goal to produce 1,500 Model 3s in the quarter.
Ha ha, heres a little joke guys, "this company is falling apart and we going to exploit the poo poo out of you to make up for the lovely decisions of management, oh a btw he fired a bunch of people to put the fear of good into you", pretty funny right, ha

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Actually thinking on it, having a big name guy like Musk come crashing down, is like exactly the sort of poo poo that can act as a trigger for a crisis of confidence, which then pops the tech bubble, leading to a crash. So if Musk goes soonish, then the 'doomsday' is happening sooner than you think

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

rudatron posted:

Ha ha, heres a little joke guys, "this company is falling apart and we going to exploit the poo poo out of you to make up for the lovely decisions of management, oh a btw he fired a bunch of people to put the fear of good into you", pretty funny right, ha

he has an interesting perspective on labor relations.

quote:

In addition to defending Tesla's record as an employer, Musk told workers that he plans to improve life at the Tesla factory, which is currently in the process of switching over its lines for production of the Model 3. For example, when the Model 3 reaches "volume production," Musk said he'll throw them "a really amazing party."

"There will also be little things that come along like free frozen yogurt stands scattered around the factory and my personal favorite: a Tesla electric pod car roller coaster (with an optional loop the loop route, of course!) that will allow fast and fun travel throughout our Fremont campus, dipping in and out of the factory and connecting all the parking lots," Musk wrote. "It’s going to get crazy good."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolineodonovan/musk-slams-union-drive-in-email-to-employees

i should note, THIS IS NOT SATIRE, this actually happened earlier this year

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i wont pay you more, but hey, ice cream party!!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
to me doomsday is just another great depression its not like the world explodes but hey it might who knows haha

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
love to party about unionbusting

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

got any sevens posted:

i wont pay you more, but hey, ice cream party!!!

lol supposedly the whole production rollout was so bad they were building the new sedans by hand for many weeks.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

etalian posted:

lol supposedly the whole production rollout was so bad they were building the new sedans by hand for many weeks.

"was"

🤔

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also many of the people who got purged were ones who upper management noticed were handing UAW literature at work

Musk probably had temper tantrum over his worker bees not being able to be his unrealistic production schedule goals

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: Elon Musk is somehow a visionary and genius and yet he can't make more than 400 cars a year? Henry Ford made a car every 20 loving seconds.

Also CEOs are really big about throwing parties instead of giving people raises. My father's employer has an annual hot dog and hamburger lunch to make up for the salary freeze.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also Musk whines about union due being a big burden on workers even though it amounts to $50-$70 a month.

Seems like a rip-off to get better benefits, higher hourly wages vs non-union workers and workplace protection...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

etalian posted:

Love my artisan sedan

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Agronox posted:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolineodonovan/musk-slams-union-drive-in-email-to-employees

this is like some manic poo poo

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Agronox posted:

he has an interesting perspective on labor relations.

http://www.theonion.com/article/potential-employee-uprising-quelled-with-free-pizz-2441

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
tesla is worth more than ford lol

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
bubbles are a hell of a thing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

According to Musk company insiders what he does he makes unrealistic schedules or will randomly shift schedules a few months to the left.

He believes this is good management since it encourages employees to work harder and come up with better solutions under stress.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

jesus being a billionaire makes you mentally retarded

we should remove rich people because no human is capable of having that much power and not being a colossal fuckup

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tiberius Christ posted:

jesus being a billionaire makes you mentally retarded

we should remove rich people because no human is capable of having that much power and not being a colossal fuckup

I remember watching that documentary on 1 percenters and they came across as psychopaths, completely disconnected from the concerns of poor people or in other cases outright dumb.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
"if"

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

seems legit

http://www.youxiamotors.com/english.php/Youxiax/index.html

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

quote:

Talking to a car is an imagination in the 1982 American drama Knight Rider X, but now, we can turn it into a fact. With our YOUXIA X motor, you are possible to give order to the car in various sentence structures to display your favorite music, send messages, make a phone call, control the air conditioner, etc. What’s more intelligent is that, it is capable of talking to you initially, for example, in case you forget to turn on the headlights it will remind you. So it is truly a motor able to talk or a friend for you!

i hope the car talks to you in this wildly broken english

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i hope the car talks to you in this wildly broken english

talk the driver off a cliff with broken engrish

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

and if you think the price tag is shocking, just imagine your shock when a 30mph collision leaves you impaled on the steering wheel in a crumpled wad of sheet metal and burning lithium

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Duscat posted:

and if you think the price tag is shocking, just imagine your shock when a 30mph collision leaves you impaled on the steering wheel in a crumpled wad of sheet metal and burning lithium

inshalla

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

My new doomsday economic is bitcoin again but this time it is different see what is going to happen is that bitcoiners are going to all realize simultaneously that they are participating in a shared delusion driven by their mutual need to feel like they have some control over their lives rather than being dust in the wind and this joint realization will birth the Chaos God Tzeentch who will show the bitcoiners that the real way to experience the self determination that they lust for is through militant libertarianism and so hordes of Chaos empowered libertarians will roam the countryside slaughtering all who want the government to be able to do anything except meeting once a year to agree to not do anything this year either thanks for asking

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

TeenageArchipelago posted:

My new doomsday economic is bitcoin again but this time it is different see what is going to happen is that bitcoiners are going to all realize simultaneously that they are participating in a shared delusion driven by their mutual need to feel like they have some control over their lives rather than being dust in the wind and this joint realization will birth the Chaos God Tzeentch who will show the bitcoiners that the real way to experience the self determination that they lust for is through militant libertarianism and so hordes of Chaos empowered libertarians will roam the countryside slaughtering all who want the government to be able to do anything except meeting once a year to agree to not do anything this year either thanks for asking

fatal flaw: that would require them to cooperate

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

I never said that they would be organized hordes :colbert:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

tesla is worth more than ford lol

Should have sold all my ePets stock to buy Tesla instead.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Top City Homo posted:

Even fataler flaw: they need to go outside

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i learned today that one of the directors of the bitcoin foundation was Digital Entertainment Network founder brock pierce who also ran away to europe with another co-founder Marc Collins-Rector when he was indicted for child sex charges

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Byolante posted:

DOOMSDAY economic, not Regular Teusday economic. Y'all just being a bunch of nitpickers right now smh

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/919847886229139457

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Byolante posted:

what if they use hunter seeker drones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI--wFfipvA

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161208-how-is-is-using-consumer-drones

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Duscat posted:

Related Pro-Click

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ULm6QrC428

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose posted:

i learned today that one of the directors of the bitcoin foundation was Digital Entertainment Network founder brock pierce who also ran away to europe with another co-founder Marc Collins-Rector when he was indicted for child sex charges

Star Trek fans exiled to Europe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i am a idiot but why doeas the stock market keep going up

even with all the bad news and the obviousness that this tax plan will fail to pass