Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Christopher Bell to JGR full-time in NXS in 2018: https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...100000001311123

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: Truckadega on FOX :siren:

Spencer Racing Analyst is working the MRN broadcast.

e- What dumb NASCAR rule has resulted in all these tailgate covers popping open today?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 14, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

:siren: Truckadega on FOX :siren:

Spencer Racing Analyst is working the MRN broadcast.

e- What dumb NASCAR rule has resulted in all these tailgate covers popping open today?

It's an attempt to stop people from dying when the big one inevitably happens and the car flips.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Talladega has really nailed the "cant tell if empty seats or people" camo grandstand pattern

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

CactusWeasle posted:

Talladega has really nailed the "cant tell if empty seats or people" camo grandstand pattern

They should cut the poo poo and just paint people on the empty seats

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Norns posted:

They should cut the poo poo and just paint people on the empty seats

paint them camo for military appreciation

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Good for Parker :toot:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Norns posted:

Rovals are bad

they have a lot of potential because you almost never see banked turns on road courses but almost all of them are just boring

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Charlotte one is either going to be amazing or a total clusterfuck.

This isn't mutually exclusive mind you.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

WindyMan posted:

If I'm honest, I wouldn't terribly mind it if NASCAR started integrating additional refined rovals into its schedule. Maybe even make three trips to a track, with one of them being on roval race. It would become quasi-multi-disciplined like Indycar, which is appealing to me.
Seconded. It's hilarious watching them turn right and use all the available paved surface and then some on a road course.

What's the top speed for Cup cars? I know the lap record for Talladega is 212mph average, but they have to at least lift a little for the turns and make it up on the straights, right? Has anybody ever put a radar gun across the backstretch just before the "start slowing down" point?

Edit: I posted this not knowing the schedule. Looking it up after, 'Dega is coincidentally tomorrow.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 14, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Delivery McGee posted:

Seconded. It's hilarious watching them turn right and use all the available paved surface and then some on a road course.

What's the top speed for Cup cars? I know the lap record for Talladega is 212mph average, but they have to at least lift a little for the turns and make it up on the straights, right? Has anybody ever put a radar gun across the backstretch just before the "start slowing down" point?

Edit: I posted this not knowing the schedule. Looking it up after, 'Dega is coincidentally tomorrow.

Close to 200 mph, the average will be in the mid to high 190s.

The lap record isn't going to get broken any time soon since they decided to throw restrictor plates on the cars the year af ter which artificially cut max speed for safety.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

exploded mummy posted:

The lap record isn't going to get broken any time soon since they decided to throw restrictor plates on the cars the year after which artificially cut max speed for safety.

:lol: restrictor plates. Slow the cars down for "safety" by bunching them up. Same with the new format with competition cautions and all, they're pandering to the people who just watch to see the wrecks, aren't they?

Too bad Red Bull can't sponsor a NASCAR team, since Monster owns the series. Red Bull would take one to Bonneville. Edit: kinda surprised Monster hasn't at least featured a Stewart-Haas car in a video yet, if only to have Ken Block or their Baja truck guy jump over a Cup car doing donuts.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 14, 2017

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Delivery McGee posted:

Too bad Red Bull can't sponsor a NASCAR team, since Monster owns the series. Red Bull would take one to Bonneville.

They used to own a team and never did anything like that.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Delivery McGee posted:

:lol: restrictor plates. Slow the cars down for "safety" by bunching them up. Same with the new format with competition cautions and all, they're pandering to the people who just watch to see the wrecks, aren't they?

Too bad Red Bull can't sponsor a NASCAR team, since Monster owns the series. Red Bull would take one to Bonneville. Edit: kinda surprised Monster hasn't at least featured a Stewart-Haas car in a video yet, if only to have Ken Block or their Baja truck guy jump over a Cup car doing donuts.

Red Bull used to have a team and they loving sucked. Scott Speed used to drive for them.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Delivery McGee posted:

Not sure how the contracts are in NASCAR, but Monster is the title sponsor for the Supercross and MXGP series and there are still teams backed by Red Bull/Rockstar/etc.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Viceroy rule prevents red bull from sponsoring

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Eldora has a free stream of their season finale on their Facebook page if you like free midget and sprint car racin'.

CactusWeasle posted:

It genuinely had me fooled until I saw "TALLADEGA" between turn 4 and the pit entrance. Kinda ruins the illusion they're going for.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Delivery McGee posted:

:lol: restrictor plates. Slow the cars down for "safety" by bunching them up.

Last time they unrestricted a car for a test run at Talladega, it got up to 230. That was 13 years ago. Not entirely sure how much the power difference has changed or what it'd hit now, but if it were similar still, you're talking about 240-250 in the draft, that's a 50% increase in kinetic energy.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/rusty-runs-unrestricted-car-news

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

iospace posted:

Viceroy rule prevents red bull from sponsoring
Yeah, I know back when Sprint was the title sponsor, they had a rule against other cellphone companies sponsoring cars, one was grandfathered in because they already had a car before Sprint took over, I'd assume Monster would have a similar contract.

Slickdrac posted:

Last time they unrestricted a car for a test run at Talladega, it got up to 230. That was 13 years ago. Not entirely sure how much the power difference has changed or what it'd hit now, but if it were similar still, you're talking about 240-250 in the draft, that's a 50% increase in kinetic energy.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/rusty-runs-unrestricted-car-news
Forgot about Rusty's unofficial record. Kinda surprised nobody's done a no-plate run since, for "radio testing". Seems like something Tony Stewart or one of his employees would do.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Delivery McGee posted:

:lol: restrictor plates. Slow the cars down for "safety" by bunching them up.

My understanding is that they were first implemented for the safety of the people in the stands, not the drivers. They didn't want cars going over/through the fence and into the stands.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I see Clint Bowyer's pit crew hate wasn't limited to the 15 team.

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/919676906194092032

Happy 5th anniversary of having not won a race, rear end in a top hat! :hfive:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 15, 2017

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

There it goes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Hail satan

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ye olde big one

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Delivery McGee posted:

Yeah, I know back when Sprint was the title sponsor, they had a rule against other cellphone companies sponsoring cars, one was grandfathered in because they already had a car before Sprint took over, I'd assume Monster would have a similar contract.

Thats why nos and 5 hour energy still sponsor cars.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

NOS is owned by Coke as well, I'm pretty sure

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

NOS is owned by Coke as well, I'm pretty sure

Monster bought NOS out from Coke a few years ago

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the smaller one

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this loving race

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Awwww poo poo, Suarez

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

the 3rd biggest one

Junior is so lucky right now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That was some insanely dumb and bad driving by Larson/Suarez/Elliott.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

god is picking off cars to give jr this win

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
This is just a tard fest

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

if you don't love this race then gently caress clean off

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Chase elliot might be bad.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

gently caress Chase Elliott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Brad will outdrag Jr to the line due to lack of antenna aero advantage

• Locked thread