Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

make peace with your inner owl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
90% of the comics posted in this thread are webcomic depression ones that are basically two panels where panel 1 is a smiley face and panel 2 is a smiley face saying they're depressed. 10% are MM&O and are actually worth visiting this thread for

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

90% of the comics posted in this thread are webcomic depression ones that are basically two panels where panel 1 is a smiley face and panel 2 is a smiley face saying they're depressed. 10% are MM&O and are actually worth visiting this thread for

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

RolandTower posted:

Haha, wow, those characters sure are depressed and dusfunctional fuckups

Oh look, they're loving up while being depressed and also dysfunctional hee man hee hee

In your head was this like, a really clever take down?

Anyways, the one where they work at hot camping and werewolf Jones carves into the forever 21 next day because "we're going to be 21... forever!" Is amazing

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Now see Whomp is good stuff.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I must admit I don't like MM&A. I think it is for the same reason I can't get into things like Peep Show. Just everyone is such a poo poo I have difficulty even laughing about it.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

It is a well-crafted comic with an observational eye, but it makes me unhappy to read, because its theme is casual cruelty and the dialogue is not sharp or funny enough to thread the needle.

It has the lazy, unearned nihilism of the young: a party guest who will laugh over-hard at his own jokes while trying to convince you that nothing matters; he will later earnestly ask you for twenty dollars

:agreed:

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
B-but the one with the Frasier song!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RolandTower posted:

Haha, wow, those characters sure are depressed and dusfunctional fuckups

Oh look, they're loving up while being depressed and also dysfunctional hee man hee hee

I too, am such a hipster that I pretend to hate the most common and pervasive sort of humor. I also only wear skinny jeans and hang out at Starbucks, but only ironically.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i too can only rag somebody for not liking a thing by being trite as hell. i also poo poo into my hands and rub it on the windows, while weeping.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i too can only rag somebody for not liking a thing by being trite as hell. i also poo poo into my hands and rub it on the windows, while weeping.

'Sup fellow "making GBS threads into hands and smearing it on windows" goon

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
it's okay to not like a thing but it's not okay to call it bad just because you've never gotten high with your friends and then went to the carwash and paid the extra few bucks for colourful soap to experience one fleeting moment of happiness on this cold gay rock we live on

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

UWBW posted:

I like MM&O but I decided to binge this thread and reading so much of it at once hosed me up so bad I took off early from work.

Oh man buddy are you ok?! Maybe you shouldn’t read stuff in the future

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Fantastic Flyer posted:

'Sup fellow "making GBS threads into hands and smearing it on windows" goon

do u smile when u do it like me

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Josef bugman posted:

I must admit I don't like MM&A. I think it is for the same reason I can't get into things like Peep Show. Just everyone is such a poo poo I have difficulty even laughing about it.

For me, it's like I only have so much of that kind of media I can ever take in one sitting before I just get too thoroughly disgusted by the repetition that I'm supposed to dislike everyone. Rick & Morty is like that too, where the narcissistic nihilism gets on my nerves after a while.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah, it's fine to say you get burnt out on it pretty quickly. But lol if you can't even handle a single issue.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Josef bugman posted:

Is this their leatherworking spinoff of Megg, Mogg and Awl, or their American Psycho remake Megg's Mergers & Acquisitions?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

oldpainless posted:

Oh man buddy are you ok?! Maybe you shouldn’t read stuff in the future

More like "oldreadless"! Hello old friend!

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Powaqoatse posted:

do u smile when u do it like me

Always

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

I bet you have a clean shirt. loving cleanshirt.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Slime posted:

I bet you have a clean shirt. loving cleanshirt.

I will admit two bits of peep show I really did like is "This crack is really mooreish" and "It's the heart of loving darkness jez!".

Gromit posted:

Is this their leatherworking spinoff of Megg, Mogg and Awl, or their American Psycho remake Megg's Mergers & Acquisitions?

Wow I know I am dyslexic, but you'd think I would have seen that!

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Josef bugman posted:

Meg, Mogg, and Alf.

But really, for those who Don't Get It: If you've had the kind of life where the events in MM&O just seem distastefully nihilistic, thank your lucky fuckin' stars, because when at least I read it and am entertained, it's because I've nurtured that sense of humor because the events in the comic are so similar to events I've experienced in my life. If you can't laugh at the horrendous, you die.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
my life has never been like that, apart from general share-housing, and I still find it fun. :shrug:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John Lee posted:

Meg, Mogg, and Alf.

But really, for those who Don't Get It: If you've had the kind of life where the events in MM&O just seem distastefully nihilistic, thank your lucky fuckin' stars, because when at least I read it and am entertained, it's because I've nurtured that sense of humor because the events in the comic are so similar to events I've experienced in my life. If you can't laugh at the horrendous, you die.

same, unironically

#justwhitetrashthings

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Every time. Every goddamn time I see 50+ new posts in this thread I expect to see some comics. And every G-D time it's you guys arguing about MM&O.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I don't have a super strong opinion on MM&O. I don't find it funny, but I don't know if it's supposed to be or not. Whatever, if you like it, great. If not, scroll and move on.

Comic tax:

Don't think I've seen anyone post any Manly Guys Doing Manly Things here before. The creator used to work on Ugly Americans and currently is on some new show.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

fukken sweet!

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Actually forgot, this one is probably my favorite of hers

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Dude’s face in the last panel needs to be a smilie.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
We already have :froggonk::gizz:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Mm&o is a good comic but I don't like that it's become an anchor of overall taste for the thread when it's just one facet of comics posted here. I would rather see more mm&o as a response to a comic that is posted than "piss" as a response

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The only Spiderman I enjoy is Newspaper Spiderman, the most nihilistic comic of them all.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
59 new posts and like 6 comics. What is this the PYF funny picture thread?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Unmature posted:

Every time. Every goddamn time I see 50+ new posts in this thread I expect to see some comics. And every G-D time it's you guys arguing about MM&O.

it's the 100% exact same argument each time

much like all of history i guess

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The only Spiderman I enjoy is Newspaper Spiderman, the most nihilistic comic of them all.

Too truly appreciate Newspaper Spider-man you need to have had a friend who was hit by a radioactive brick as a kid, like my bud Stanley Starker.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

thecluckmeme posted:

Mm&o is a good comic but I don't like that it's become an anchor of overall taste for the thread when it's just one facet of comics posted here. I would rather see more mm&o as a response to a comic that is posted than "piss" as a response

Spider-Man's constant bad choices is my favorite comics thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gtfo with those irl bad comics