Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Zombie themed endless runner sequel Into the Dead 2 is out on the Play Store.

Also Beyond Oasis is the latest Sega Forever game.

edit: Also also out, that Top Gear match 3 game you've always wanted.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
'Shufflebuilding' card game Smash Up is out for Android and iOS today--I've never played the game--is it any good physically or digitally? It's 5 bucks, so I'm just curious about the core game before I pony up the dough.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asmodeedigital.smashup&hl=en

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tonytheshoes posted:

'Shufflebuilding' card game Smash Up is out for Android and iOS today--I've never played the game--is it any good physically or digitally? It's 5 bucks, so I'm just curious about the core game before I pony up the dough.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asmodeedigital.smashup&hl=en
I own the physical version and a couple of expansions. Given you're mixing random decks together it actually does a surprisingly good job of producing games that feel pretty balanced. There is a fair bit of luck involved since it comes down to drawing good cards but the card text and artwork are fun and flavourful enough that everyone I've played it with has enjoyed it. The factions each have different mechanics that fit well thematically and feel distinct enough that trying different combinations is interesting. It's easy to learn and common sense is enough to be reasonable at it so I've used it as a gateway a few times. But it's nothing I ever really get out with my actual boardgamer friends because we all own a lot of more interesting games.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 12, 2017

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

It's like playing a CCG where you don't actually get to decide what cards go in your deck. Also the strength of the cards within each deck are wildly varied in power so every game I played felt like Whoever Draws the Best Card in Their Deck Wins. I didn't like it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, it doesn't see much play at my table since other games do the same thing better. But as an app it might be alright?

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, it doesn't see much play at my table since other games do the same thing better. But as an app it might be alright?

Thanks, all! I might wait until it goes on sale someday and give it a shot, but for now, I'll pass.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Well, Terra Battle 2 has been all kinds of botched as a launch, but if you start playing before the 18th you'll get 90 energy then as compensation. This is the equivalent to about 30 rolls, though you have to roll for both equipment (provides stats) and guardians (provides skills). Still, it's one hell of a windfall.

I think it's kind of funny how they screwed it up. The game has something like two hundred things to roll for, but only 3 story chapters to play at launch (we're up to 5 now), and one optional dungeon to run (we're now up to two) -- the rest are stuff designed specifically to level up or upgrade your items. The rate at which they're releasing additional content means people have already gotten quite a ways into maxing out the stuff they do have which isn't a lot since the rarity system means only a select handful of guardians and items are actually worth something.

The way they made stats dependent on equipment you roll and the way stats scale exponentially (500 attack is about four times as powerful as 200 attack) means that unless you roll high on the gacha you have a very low damage ceiling. Add to that how equipment of higher levels need dupes to unlock the highest tier (on top of having a 1% chance to roll the rarest tier and 5% for the second rarest) and you have this perfectly blended shitstorm where you have a lot of potential gated behind a huge paywall and about 20 minutes of content released every two weeks.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
KickAss Commandos is a fast paced top down shooter with 16 bit style graphics where you shoot the poo poo out of things. Its gotten decent reviews on Steam and iOS.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I still wish Trials Frontier wasn't a cash grab. I'm obsessed with the series and it plays so well but you have to pay up to get anywhere.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition are all on sale for 5.49 USD, down from 9.99. I think the sale ends either today or tomorrow. I have never played any of these. If I were to pick only one, would anyone have a recommendation on which to get?

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is also on sale for 6.99, from 9.99. Is it related to (gameplay, universe, etc.) the games mentioned above? If you can't tell, I was a console kid growing up. These are all roguelikes, right?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

crack mayor posted:

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition are all on sale for 5.49 USD, down from 9.99. I think the sale ends either today or tomorrow. I have never played any of these. If I were to pick only one, would anyone have a recommendation on which to get?

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is also on sale for 6.99, from 9.99. Is it related to (gameplay, universe, etc.) the games mentioned above? If you can't tell, I was a console kid growing up. These are all roguelikes, right?

They aren't roguelikes, they're isometric third-person RPGs where you control a party of D&D style adventurers. You can save/load to your heart's content (and you will need to). Baldur's Gate 1 is low level D&D which makes the combat not all that great but it's still a fun game. BG2 is probably the best of the lot all-around and Icewind Dale is good if you just want a bunch of combat without a lot of story. Torment is the exact opposite of IWD and is pretty much only good for the story, it is also not great in terms of combat.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Despite the lovely combat, Torment is an amazing game and you owe it to yourself to play it if you're any kind of fan of RPGs. But all four are good.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

On a lark I decided to try a Playstore recommendation and found out the You Me Hell set of games was a lot of fun. The character art doesn't look like much but it's got great music and some nice inspiration from Silent Hill even though the overall tone is a lot more comedic than SH.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
Ended up picking up everything except Icewind Dale. Thanks guys.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Tactical monsters rumble arena
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.camex.tactical.monster

Is an okay game (soft launch)
The music wouldn't completely turn off and then I tried signing out and lost all my progress, I guess it doesn't auto save?

I was trying to scratch a disgaea itch, but it's kind of simple and you can auto battle, also it seems like it could be a grind to level up non common "monsters"

I'd be willing to try it again if anyone here ends up liking it.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
WitchSpring 3 will be coming out on October 27th.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Do you like cheap games? Do you want KoDP for under $10?

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/herocraft-mobile-bundle

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Note that Humble Bundle was just bought by IGN.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Still won't stop me from buying cheap bundles from them.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Tactical monsters rumble arena
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.camex.tactical.monster

Is an okay game (soft launch)
The music wouldn't completely turn off and then I tried signing out and lost all my progress, I guess it doesn't auto save?

I was trying to scratch a disgaea itch, but it's kind of simple and you can auto battle, also it seems like it could be a grind to level up non common "monsters"

I'd be willing to try it again if anyone here ends up liking it.

I've been playing this for a while, it's actually a lot of fun and really well balanced aside from Orange (super rare) monsters being kind of crazy since they start at level 9.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

IAmTheRad posted:

holy poo poo you can play majesty on mobile devices!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Blattdorf posted:

WitchSpring 3 will be coming out on October 27th.

:dance:

The last two are really good. Can't wait for number 3! Thanks for the heads up. :respek:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

RFC2324 posted:

holy poo poo you can play majesty on mobile devices!

Majesty has been on Android for years now.. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.herocraft.game.majesty&hl=en

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I didn't know, and I never thought to look... Especially after the mobile version of Dungeon Keeper

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

IAmTheRad posted:

This is exactly what I wanted!

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

:dance:

The last two are really good. Can't wait for number 3! Thanks for the heads up. :respek:

I still haven't played either of them. Is it best to start with the first one? There's such a dearth of good games on Android that I don't mind playing the whole series if it's worth it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there something like soda dungeon but where you could use pseudo code or triggers to tell your little men when to do what?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I couldn't give less of a poo poo. Either they have good bundles or they don't. If they don't I guess I'll have to find cheap games somewhere else on the internet.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If anyone is looking for an arcade racer SkidStorm is a pretty fun top down racer with online multiplayer. While its still in development its actually quite polished (and somehow garnered a million downloads, so matchmaking should be easy).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This may be of interest if you spend money on Android games: https://deals.kinja.com/heres-an-extremely-rare-chance-to-save-on-google-play-c-1819612697

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Is anyone enjoying Digimon Links? Another ftp grindy gacha game, but it'll hold my attention awhile.

I just want a gacha game with gameplay as interested as Puzzle and Dragons :smith:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

I still haven't played either of them. Is it best to start with the first one? There's such a dearth of good games on Android that I don't mind playing the whole series if it's worth it.

The whole series is worth it. Different stories, and 2 is just a bit more refined in the mechanics department.

Finally got in on World of Tanks because of the :vomarine: decimator and predator. It's fun, though it already seems pretty grindy and quite p2w. I just want the 40k tanks. We have a clan in that game?

Also picked up Vendetta Online and Hade's Star.

I have my eye on other space sims like Star Combat, Over Space, and Galactic Phantasy Prelude. Star Horizon looks neat in a Star Fox kinda way, bit I'm looking for more of an online space pirate/space trucker game like Freelancer.

Anyone have any experience with any of these titles?

Edit: Hade's Star is a really fun little game with fantastic music. :jeb: i haven't made it too far in Hade's, but I did all the deliveries on all my planets, and I'm waiting on the timer for the artifacts I have brewing.

Installing Vendetta now, probably won't get to it until tomorrow sometime.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 18, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Hades Star is sort of neat, but seeing the giant price tags of stuff makes it seem like an insane grind. The next upgrade is 5k, and there ones for 50k+, and you pull in like 60 credits per run, each of which requires multiple taps and a waiting period. This is a skinner box without the content to make it worth playing, imo.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011
Hade's Star is great, played it for awhile. Another I've been playing is Pixel Starships, it is similar to FTL. It has pvp, and storyline.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.savysoda.pixelstarships&hl=en

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Hades Star is sort of neat, but seeing the giant price tags of stuff makes it seem like an insane grind. The next upgrade is 5k, and there ones for 50k+, and you pull in like 60 credits per run, each of which requires multiple taps and a waiting period. This is a skinner box without the content to make it worth playing, imo.

Exactly the problem with the game and you ain't seen nothing yet, I've done a bunch of high level red stars and there is nothing worth all the grinding.

It's got great aesthetics and pulls you in at first but it's like they couldn't figure out anything fun to actually do with your ships and stuff. No pvp at all except weird exploity trolling by using EMPs.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Exactly the problem with the game and you ain't seen nothing yet, I've done a bunch of high level red stars and there is nothing worth all the grinding.

It's got great aesthetics and pulls you in at first but it's like they couldn't figure out anything fun to actually do with your ships and stuff. No pvp at all except weird exploity trolling by using EMPs.

Yeah that bummed me out. I got excited when I saw another player racing me to a planet in a red star system, and I deflated like a balloon when my battleship just ignored his.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Aw that stinks. :( I don't know what I was hoping for, but I though the game was going to eventually turn into an rts style base defense game or something. But if it's just endless mining of resources to no end, then I might just free up some space for something else.

It's a shame too because the mechanics are pretty fun and I love the look and feel of it. The music is great too. Almost just what I was looking for.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Warhammer: Doomwheel is free for a limited time. It's good stupid fun!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katsu.doomwheel

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Love You To Bits, a charming looking point and click adventure puzzler that was originally released for iOS almost 2 years ago is now out on Android.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Anyone else playing Pixel Starships? Because I'm at a complete standstill after just a couple hours of play. I've upgraded my ship a few times, gotten a couple crew members, and literally every quest available to me right now is loving impossible. I've upgraded rooms to the point that I'm completely out of resources, I have upgraded guns and the mining laser, I have armor plating.. This looks like it should be right up my alley and I'm about to uninstall in frustration.