Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Why is Auburn calling 10 yard passes now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I want the wild ride

It has been a non-stop rollercoaster since Fulmer got fired.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

I am ready for Philip Fulmer, Interim Head Coach. Save on the staff buyouts imo

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

I am ready for Philip Fulmer, Interim Head Coach. Save on the staff buyouts imo

Larry Scott doesn't make it to next year, no matter what. It would not surprise me, (if) whoever the new coach is, if Shoop is retained. Everyone else is gone.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Larry Scott sucks. Never thought I’d miss Mike DeBord so much.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Yeah Larry Scott sucks.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tennessee has a defensive line coach with Head Coaching experience to serve as interim coach I'm just saying

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
It's time for Interim Head Coach Brady Hoke.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

AsInHowe posted:

It's time for Interim Head Coach Brady Hoke.

Why didn't Brady Hoke work out? I mean I know he wasn't a good coach, but was it bad recruiting, bad playcalling, no defense, what?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

Why didn't Brady Hoke work out? I mean I know he wasn't a good coach, but was it bad recruiting, bad playcalling, no defense, what?

He made crappy assistant hires and isn't good at tactical stuff generally. He's very good at recruiting and coaching defensive line, but that's about it. He was good at a mid major where he could recruit circles around his conference and win on pure talent but he was way over his head in the Big Ten

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

swickles posted:

His recruiting was good and the defenses were usually his strong suit, but he was an awful gameday coach.

Also he didn’t wear a headset so I’m not convinced he actually did any coaching.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

He also still used a rolodex in his office like a weirdo

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Fire Barry Odom tonight

Leave him at the airport

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

Fire Barry Odom tonight

Leave him at the airport

While I wouldn't have any problem with this I thought this particular game went much better than I would have expected.

The defense is still complete rear end of course, which is what Odom is supposed to be good at, but the offense showed at least a little life.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

While I wouldn't have any problem with this I thought this particular game went much better than I would have expected.

The defense is still complete rear end of course, which is what Odom is supposed to be good at, but the offense showed at least a little life.
They had like what, 2 basically hail mary TD's and a garbage time one? Barely a pulse.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

They had like what, 2 basically hail mary TD's and a garbage time one? Barely a pulse.

Hail Mary does not in any way describe any of their TDs. They had 2 legit bombs, just missed on another one early and made it a game well into the second quarter.

My expectations were a very low bar to clear, but they cleared them by a mile.

e: Oh still fire Odom of course. Now or two seconds after the season ends, whichever is fine.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Mac fired yet?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

Mac fired yet?

wooo boy that clock management at the end screams someone trying to get fired

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

swickles posted:

Mac fired yet?

No, remember we paid millions of dollars for the privilege of stealing him from Colorado Springs.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Please fire Addazio this offense Boston College

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Hail Mary does not in any way describe any of their TDs. They had 2 legit bombs, just missed on another one early and made it a game well into the second quarter.

My expectations were a very low bar to clear, but they cleared them by a mile.

e: Oh still fire Odom of course. Now or two seconds after the season ends, whichever is fine.
Georgia had a bad match up and Lock basically just heaved it and hoped for the best, and it just happened to work twice.

He has some of the worst accuracy I have seen outside of Berkstresser.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LLCoolJD posted:

No, remember we paid millions of dollars for the privilege of stealing him from Colorado Springs.

Fort Collins

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ah, that's right.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

Georgia had a bad match up and Lock basically just heaved it and hoped for the best, and it just happened to work twice.

He has some of the worst accuracy I have seen outside of Berkstresser.

I think that's going too far, he has the NFL version of Tebow thing going where he can throw a legitimately pretty deep ball now and then. But absolutely nothing else.

Another thing that bugs me about Odom is he talks like this job was a complete rebuild but Missouri is not a particularly young team at all. Most of the snaps are going to guys he inherited. Likely because Odom can't recruit for poo poo and he knows the guys he inherited are better.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Sumlin should be safe if we finish 9-3, with Auburn (at home) or LSU (road, voodoo) looking like the likeliest remaining losses

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

curried lamb of God posted:

Sumlin should be safe if we finish 9-3, with Auburn (at home) or LSU (road, voodoo) looking like the likeliest remaining losses

That would only get us to 8-4 though, which is probably still enough; although, if that LSU game is particularly bad it could doom him.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Tony Sanchez should be fired but he's not going to be :negative:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I think that's going too far, he has the NFL version of Tebow thing going where he can throw a legitimately pretty deep ball now and then. But absolutely nothing else.

Another thing that bugs me about Odom is he talks like this job was a complete rebuild but Missouri is not a particularly young team at all. Most of the snaps are going to guys he inherited. Likely because Odom can't recruit for poo poo and he knows the guys he inherited are better.
He has no touch and in result can't throw anything consistently. Certainly more infuriating than Maty Mauk to watch, because he should be so much better.

So we'll have to agree to disagree there.

Barry Odom is following the Kim Anderson playbook to a T and is blaming his predecessor to collect another years salary. Worked for Kim, so hell I would too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Fire. Coach. Mac.

Burn the program to the ground. Fund baseball. Coach O'Sullivan is our last hope.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

swickles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPxPSzz0LBY

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Gus Malzahn is garbage and to the greatest extent legally permissible I hope his house burns down

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Lovie is really bad, but Illinois will just be a parade of sadness forever I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Lovie is really bad, but Illinois will just be a parade of sadness forever I guess.

Isn't Illinois kinda stuck with Lovie no matter what for a while because of their money situation?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

Isn't Illinois kinda stuck with Lovie no matter what for a while because of their money situation?

I don't have a ton of faith in the hire but it's way too early to judge Lovie. The cupboard was completley bare and last year was basically a throwaway. He got hired late in the process and didn't have any time to recruit, so the freshman class was whatever a lame duck Cubit managed to cobble together after the Beckman disaster. This is his first actual class and they've started 13 true freshman already, including 4 on the offensive line and I think 3 on the DL

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Troy Queef posted:

gently caress it I'll do Mizzou

You forgot the best part about Devine. He went to Notre Dame and won them a natty and his thanks for this was being trashed in that stupid loving crime-against-cinema Rudy. Domers are garbage.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

swickles posted:

Michigan had an athletic director who was a third-string football player in the '70s, and among other things, tried to be the shadow football coach, and it didn't work. The entire campus was in a power struggle of everyone against the athletic department at the time.

The Dave Brandon fiasco had many casualties, and Michigan is very lucky it worked out as well as it did.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

MourningView posted:

I don't have a ton of faith in the hire but it's way too early to judge Lovie. The cupboard was completley bare and last year was basically a throwaway. He got hired late in the process and didn't have any time to recruit, so the freshman class was whatever a lame duck Cubit managed to cobble together after the Beckman disaster. This is his first actual class and they've started 13 true freshman already, including 4 on the offensive line and I think 3 on the DL

Small sample size, but both times we played them they made insane, unthinkable mistakes. The two guys who seemed completely over their head were him and Claeys, and Claeys is gone. Illinois looks like the closest thing I've ever seen to Greg Robinson Syracuse.

Cubit was also a lot better with that roster. I think this is going to end up like when Lane hired his dad at USC, and also disproves the oft-repeated Rex Ryan/Herm Edwards/etc... should just get a college job argument.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kim Jong Il posted:

Small sample size, but both times we played them they made insane, unthinkable mistakes. The two guys who seemed completely over their head were him and Claeys, and Claeys is gone. Illinois looks like the closest thing I've ever seen to Greg Robinson Syracuse.

Cubit was also a lot better with that roster. I think this is going to end up like when Lane hired his dad at USC, and also disproves the oft-repeated Rex Ryan/Herm Edwards/etc... should just get a college job argument.

It's not the same roster, he's playing a shitload of new guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Lovie isn't the type of guy who matches the reasons people think Rex Ryan or Herm would do well in college (although I hear it a lot more about Herm than Rex).

Yes he has an NFL name, but he's nowhere near as charismatic as the other guys.

• Locked thread