Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

i uh

do characters automatically get their alternate art picture on final ascension

i need to know for reasons not pertaining to the phantom of the opera
you can change both the picture and the sprite back to whatever you want. there's no visual element of a servant that you can't flip between their various stages for. their icons, portrait, card portraits, and sprite are all toggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Endorph posted:

you can change both the picture and the sprite back to whatever you want. there's no visual element of a servant that you can't flip between their various stages for. their icons, portrait, card portraits, and sprite are all toggles.

oh so if I get jack the ripper later I don't have to worry about never ascending her?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah, you can just keep her in her cloak if you want.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Endorph posted:

im glad the game finally added tomoe gozen

Is this the first samurai that actually acts like a samurai (IE: no katana) and one of the few archers who actually uses a bow primarily

lead us to glory, you extremely well adjusted not crazy at all new archer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

Is this the first samurai that actually acts like a samurai (IE: no katana) and one of the few archers who actually uses a bow primarily

lead us to glory, you extremely well adjusted not crazy at all new archer
list of archers that use a bow primarily: robin hood, atalante, euryale, arash, orion, arjuna, tristan, tawara touda, ishtar

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Isn't Robin's more of a wrist-mounted mini crossbow?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Isn't Robin's more of a wrist-mounted mini crossbow?
a crossbow is a bow

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Endorph posted:

yeah, you can just keep her in her cloak if you want.

I got Anne and Mary out of the Drake banner and immediately chucked them back into the second stage sprites after the third ascension :yikes:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Wow what a prude

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

EzEight posted:

Drake doesn't have her updated animations does in NA right?

Correct.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Good to know that the black grail will leave someone with 1 hp forever and not kill them outright like I thought.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Marogareh posted:

Good to know that the black grail will leave someone with 1 hp forever and not kill them outright like I thought.

fyi things that directly deal damage to the person using them can kill the user, so jing ke and bloodaxe can totally kill themselves with their NPs

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think it's cool when the mat thing I want drops on the first Saber daily run.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Marogareh posted:

Um, it actually 100% kills them. I made sure to test it out with Mary, and she absolutely died from the CE's 500 damage tick at the end of the turn.

Just checked the wiki, and it seems like in JP it was patched to behave like that on October 14, 2015. I'm guessing we'll get that QoL change with the Halloween event?

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 15, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I was using it specifically on Mary against some hands and she took 0 damage from 1 HP. I might be going insane so I'll test it out later with George as backup.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
HOLY poo poo A NEW VERSION OF EMIYA

https://twitter.com/merlinhayo/status/919315479126204416

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Only new Servant I got was the new Lancer Monk-dude, but he seems like a cool guy so I'm not sad.

Was literally the worst possible 10-roll though: only 4-Star was a craft essence I'd already LB'd.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I do like the woodwind instruments in this version, but I've heard so many different versions of EMIYA now that I've actually grown numb to it in general. It's a great theme, but it has so many remixes. Also I think Yagyu's my fave Servant from that Singularity from what I've seen.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
did a roll on the moon goddess banner and literally got none of the three stars. the rate up is crap.

All I want is my boy hector.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i have hector but no horseshoes

life is suffering

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Got each of the new Servants in JP, and 2 Musashis. Why couldn't I get this luck when Jalter came back.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Also I can't wait for this story in English in 2 years, poo poo looks interesting so far.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm not getting any sound, assuming you mean Emiya the music piece and not the character. [edit] nevermind there is sound, its just reaaallly soft/quiet.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 15, 2017

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"

Marogareh posted:

I was using it specifically on Mary against some hands and she took 0 damage from 1 HP. I might be going insane so I'll test it out later with George as backup.

I took it off of my pirates after I finished Okeanos, but from what I remember the tick wouldn't kill if it happened at the end of a round where all the enemies were dead. I've definitely had it both kill and not kill when they had <500 HP, and I think that was the decider.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

This is the poo poo, I loving love this version of the song :getin:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

i was already sold on Shirou, DelightWorks, you didn't have to sell him to me harder

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

fyi things that directly deal damage to the person using them can kill the user, so jing ke and bloodaxe can totally kill themselves with their NPs

Not all of'em. Shiki's HP for NP skill for example.
Which ones are safe isn't actually labeled, though. I think skills are safe?

Nice job adding some classic japanese instruments to match the circumstances.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 15, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeha, I think skills won't kill you but NPs will.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Cleared through Okeanos, which looks like as far as the story goes currently in the US. In general, how long is the wait between chapters?

Got a few chars through their first ascension, and am farming for exp/mats in the 40AP dailies for now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Mason Dixon posted:

Cleared through Okeanos, which looks like as far as the story goes currently in the US. In general, how long is the wait between chapters?

Got a few chars through their first ascension, and am farming for exp/mats in the 40AP dailies for now.

Main story chapter is about every 3-4 months. London should be scheduled for Years' End/New Years if we follow JPN.

That said there are going to be plenty of side events akin to Moonfest and upcoming Halloween, to the tune of about 1 a month.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Starting to feel like it's the year of good lancers with Raikou, Parvati, and Hozoin.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Is EOR3 some sort of psychological ploy to make people NOT roll for Musashi? Because i'm really starting to hate her guts after all these brutal fights where an underlevelled, under-skilled Musashi forces her way into your party so you can't use a good support

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

only cowards actually need a good support

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
i was indeed to cowardly to spend thousands of dollars trying to get merlin

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Only coward don't use berserker in every battle.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

YourFriend'sMerlin could probably use a day off anyways.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Remember that Heracles is the strongest in the world.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So what's a good idea of when Merlin might hit US shores?
New Years? February?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Postal Parcel posted:

So what's a good idea of when Merlin might hit US shores?
New Years? February?

New Year's-ish, but the one after the coming one.