Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I've seen some cold-blooded poo poo, but :drat:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/driver-hails-cab-abandons-passenger-burning-car-article-1.3562450

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the ultimate pua ghosting technique

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Could it be some kind of reaction to being in shock or something? Trauma makes people do strange things.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

InitialDave posted:

Could it be some kind of reaction to being in shock or something? Trauma makes people do strange things.

True, but about the only charge he would have avoided by staying on the scene is the one for leaving the scene of a fatal accident. He would still be looking at all the other charges for killing her in the accident.

It certainly does have the appearance of being pretty callous though.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Saw this on twitter. I'm not a person that normally even notices cosplay, but I thought this was pretty drat impressive
https://twitter.com/AlysonTabbitha

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Locator posted:

It certainly does have the appearance of being pretty callous though.

Self absorbed, borderline sociopath most likely.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

slidebite posted:

Saw this on twitter. I'm not a person that normally even notices cosplay, but I thought this was pretty drat impressive
https://twitter.com/AlysonTabbitha

Yeah, she's great, her Widowmaker is really impressive, and I don't even play Overwatch. She makes a disturbingly good Jack Sparrow, too.

But if you want to see an expensive cosplay accessory:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What are they even cosplaying there?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Uhh Ferris Beuller's Day Off?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Is this a serious question?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh Tussy. You sweet innocent boy.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve never seen that movie lol

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Either have I and I know what it is

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

gently caress youuuuu.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Sorry about your terrible childhood.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

To be fair that movie predates TT by several years.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

To be fair that movie predates TT by several years.

I mean, yeah, but it's been on TV reruns ever since. To CTs point, it's also ubiquitous to the point where you have probably seen the bits with the Ferrari even if you've never sat down and watched the whole thing.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I hosed up while drunk this week and gave TrueCar my contact info and my phone has been blowing up. Don't drink and car shop, unless you really mean it.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

nm posted:

Sorry about your terrible childhood life choices.

Let's be honest here...

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

FBS posted:

I hosed up while drunk this week and gave TrueCar my contact info and my phone has been blowing up. Don't drink and car shop, unless you really mean it.

Didn't we have someone here who ended up winning an eBay auction for a car after drunkenly bidding on it?

Could have done worst is what I'm saying. Or better.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Bajaha posted:

Didn't we have someone here who ended up winning an eBay auction for a car after drunkenly bidding on it?

Isn't that how the Trukk happened? Definitely better.

Also, I still to this day haven't seen any of Ferris Bueller's Day Off except the bueller bueller anyone anyone scene on youtube for context when it was a catchphrase on every forum

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

FBS posted:

I did that with a dealership once.

Once.

Don't be afraid to be blunt when you tell them to gently caress off.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The worst I did while drunk was buy battlefield 4 thinking it was battlefield 1, when I already owned 4. Unfortunately I only noticed after I redeemed the key. :argh:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Battlefield 2 is the best Battlefield though?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That's the only one I never played. :colbert:

How is the multiplayer community 12 years later?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Im cooking pho for dinner. The house smells absolutely amazing. 3hrs of simmering down, another hour to go

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Bajaha posted:

Haven't we all done this?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bajaha posted:

That's how i got my current truck. Bonus points, it was sold as a non-runner.

Not ebay, just a regular auction, bidding online.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Ferremit posted:

Im cooking pho for dinner. The house smells absolutely amazing. 3hrs of simmering down, another hour to go

I wish I had that for dinner. I cooked a lot of Thai, Indian, Chinese and Malaysian but unfortunately I never got into Vietnamese, or even Japanese. It was always a case of one day... But it was a pain in the arse to get anything agreed to, menu planned and shopped for with the ex.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Battlefield 2 is the best Battlefield though?

Partly because KFS was at its peak. ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

Isn't that how the Trukk happened? Definitely better.

Also, I still to this day haven't seen any of Ferris Bueller's Day Off except the bueller bueller anyone anyone scene on youtube for context when it was a catchphrase on every forum

I wasn't drunk, but that's kinda how it happened. Came up on ebay for like ~$800 and I just tossed some money at it, expecting to be outbid. Went back to work like and checked my phone an hour later and had a "Congrats you won!" message.

Luckily I actually really wanted the thing :v:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ExplodingSims posted:

I wasn't drunk, but that's kinda how it happened. Came up on ebay for like ~$800 and I just tossed some money at it, expecting to be outbid. Went back to work like and checked my phone an hour later and had a "Congrats you won!" message.

And now you have quite the story to go with it too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ExplodingSims posted:

Do any of your friends and family actually believe the truck is real at this point

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

My coworkers just got done installing a server on a ship in China. Already I can download the latest telemetry, and I can ssh into a box on a boat on the other side of the world via satellite. The future is crazy.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

DICK DICER posted:

Do any of your friends and family actually believe the truck is real at this point

"No, guys, it's totally in Nebraska right now! There's a guy working on it! He found a dog!"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We go out for lunch a lot and get mostly Asian food and while pho and bun thit are good, they’re just so bland compared to Thai or Japanese or chinese

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

We go out for lunch a lot and get mostly Asian food and while pho and bun thit are good, they’re just so bland compared to Thai or Japanese or chinese

csb

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Pho is good in a traditional wholesome soup sense, but Japanese style ramen beats the poo poo out of it in terms of flavor and textures.

Ramen houses are just now catching on in my area and it's fantastic. I haven't had good ramen since I was stationed in Japan in the early 90's, and now I have three places locally that are very good.....Not quite as good as my favorite houses in Japan but pretty drat close so I'm a happy camper :)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The best ramen place around here is run by three Japanese ladies who don’t speak English and the sign out front just says good then something in Japanese. When you order you hand hem a card with what you want from the picture menu board and it has what you want in Japanese

All the Nissan guys go there for lunch so it’s apparently very much like home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

IOwnCalculus posted:

Going to see this tomorrow night. How important is it that I have watched the original? It's probably been drat near 10 years since I watched it last.

I think you need to appreciate the themes and visuals of the original, but being too close to it will make 2049 seem more fanfictionish.
My friend doesn't even know that Harrison Ford is in it. Tried real hard to get him into the theater before he got spoiled.

• Locked thread