Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

i see it already took off the end of your thumb in a previous encounter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

This song is the reason for the word keytarmony.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

pram posted:

use a mac and iphone :c00l:

defeat the evil giant corporation by giving your money to a different evil giant corporation

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Reince Penis posted:

This song is the reason for the word keytarmony.
dope

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:thunk:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiHIF2XACmI

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

I want to be crushed by blankets

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Just finished Down Periscope Kelsey Grammer's Pinnacle work (followed by fraiser and then war games)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3_zQ5Qyi88
What the hell happened to you kelsey???

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Now all I can think about is Kelsey Grammer reciting Rorschachs opening line about the sewers and the city

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

KoRMaK posted:

Just finished Down Periscope Kelsey Grammer's Pinnacle work (followed by fraiser and then war games)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3_zQ5Qyi88
What the hell happened to you kelsey???

kelsey grammer's 30 rock episodes are good too, and so is cheers. but the answer to your question is tons of boozing after the childhood trauma of his father's murder, and a few years later, his sister's rape and murder.

dudes had a hard life

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

no, not like that. he doesn't seem to be like in the gutter.

what i mean is, why the gently caress is he a conservative trump-star?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/674625046879608832

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-qHo7YT4w8

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

One of my favorite things is the period of spring/fall weather where the nights are just cold enough that you can open the windows in the bedroom, and then pile on blankets and have a warm comfy sleeping burrito in a cold room.

On a scale of 1 to dwarf fortress how autistic am I?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ban this anime poo poo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I am absolutely enamored that even though i didnt understand the language, i understood the message

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

mrmcd posted:

One of my favorite things is the period of spring/fall weather where the nights are just cold enough that you can open the windows in the bedroom, and then pile on blankets and have a warm comfy sleeping burrito in a cold room.

sonic the hedgehog

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So that's why I sleep better in the winter.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

sonic the hedgehog

sonic the hedgehog with arms that are NOT BLUE

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Im watching Dark States

Maybe the opoid epidemic will finally reveal how anyone can succumb to any station in life, and highlight that there is no war except the class war

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

Im watching Dark States

Maybe the opoid epidemic will finally reveal how anyone can succumb to any station in life, and highlight that there is no war except the class war

this.

i remember getting drunk in the basement of the house i lived in in college with my roommate, and we were like "we're so loving privileged, it rules. we could tank our lives as hard as possible and still not end up dead in the gutter. lol high five upper middle class educated white guys!"

years later after becoming a software professional and full blown alcoholic i unintentionally tested this theory, and while i did spend like one week living in an abandoned shed in the woods am none the worse for wear.

if my family had been poor or i pissed them off severely i'd probably be dead.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

in a certain perspective, it's almost like a "cool story" to tell. like a badge of honor, like a crust punk.

on another, it totally highlights how hosed up things are and how broken your decsion making was and whatever process lead you there

The thing about addiction is that its here, the solution isnt to ban the subtance. Thats burying your head in the sand, societely. It's like an inveitability that we'll run into addictions. The real solution is to burden the subtance profiteers to pay the tax to provide rehab programs. There is a precedent set in the USA with tobbaco companies. The same should happen with opiods. Bayer made heorin, and then that gave way to morphine, percocet, hydrocodone and oxycontin.

The real solution is plentiful , free, confidential, wholistic options for rehab. Most the stories I hear are "I want to get out, but I cant" and the cant is either 1) dont know how to wean off 2) cant afford to wean off (no stability) 3) the other two plus stuck in a drug relationship, usually abusive, so now you have an extra layer of dependency on it

Provide a path out for everyone

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

look out here comes my
https://i.imgur.com/wVuPATD.mp4

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

yeah. prohibition has overwhelmingly proven a failure at every level with every substance.

the current "way out" in the US at least, is through super shady halfway houses that basically amount to slave labor with the majority of tenants being court ordered to be there, so they go to jail if they leave or gently caress up.

opiate addicts were like, tied, for majority against alcoholics where i went, and the majority of alcoholics were poly-abusers.

one place had been looking at cannabis therapy, but now jeff sessions exists and their grants got submarined.

sorry... kinda d&d.

mad about assholes. both profiteers and moralists.

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

nice this is better, thank you.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mrmcd posted:

3rd party dwarf fortress mods incorporating pregnat sonic the hedgehogs i’m sorry

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

computer touching tie in to previous story:
i got "service hours" at a place for syncing their office 365 which defacto gave me access to hundreds of peoples' arrest records and psych profiles. (i was not vetted at all for this. it was just "i heard caz knows computers." "oh okay get caz.")
they gave me four hours for it, so i got to sleep in and skip four days of work at a candy factory and four passes of telling a crazed meth head "i did service work this week" to get out of handing him my debit card.

also made a gay republican friend there and we worked on an app together.

he was literally the only person i met through this experience that thought anything about anything.
it didn't matter i disagreed with him about almost everything. he thought.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
snowpiercer loving sucked, sorry if that offends.

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

also onetime one of the administrators asked me and my roommate to babysit her three year old because she had to go to a meeting and we're like cooking hashbrowns and poo poo and trying to watch the Today Show and our other roommate who's only been there one day is freaking out because he's literally withdrawing from crack and she just gives us her baby, like "hey, you drunk and you junkie, take my baby. keep him away from the crackhead." what? this does not seem safe or reasonable.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdwchohlMjI

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Meth heads run the candy factory?

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

Meth heads run the candy factory?

meth heads run the drug court scam operation that supplies super cheap labor to the candy factory.
99% of the people i worked next to were either illegal immigrants, or, more likely, drug court ordered.

edit: they actually joked about it during community meetings. it was some supremely hosed up poo poo i need to write down in a cohesive story form.

double edit: i was not there because of drug court. i needed to choose an "extended treatment facility" after leaving the 28 day program i went to (which actually was very good and run by caring and educated individuals. i am glad my tax dollars go to help them. the lead counselor questioned why i would go there and i was like "they'll let me work," and he was like "your parents are around. you don't need to work. you need to get better and find yourself. take a year." and i was like "not possible."
he was totally right.
i relapsed five times there and a dude threatened to stab me and my most prized possessions all got stolen.

Cazlab fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 15, 2017

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

RISCy Business posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

RISCy Business posted:

the comic is also not well written esp part 2: the second snowpiercer that’s on the other side of the track and stops sometimes

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
https://infinitefreetime.com/2014/08/05/snowpiercer-i-hated-hated-hated-hated-hated-this-movie/ this guy is way better at writing than me but he explains exactly all the reasons that snowpiercer loving sucked

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I want some gelatinous bug food

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
snowpiercer was a good action movie and if you were looking for a ~~message~~ in your action movies youre a retard

sorry if i offend

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

sometimes i spot a rat in the park. and there's plenty of voles unless my sister's cat grows its own.

but we are talking about dvellings. sure ive seen voles in an open field or fought war with water voles on the turf of my parent's garden

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the word "raccoon" honestly flew out of my mind at the time :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

KoRMaK posted:

no, not like that. he doesn't seem to be like in the gutter.

what i mean is, why the gently caress is he a conservative trump-star?

yeh hes been sober for a while from all accounts

but i stand by my answer of brain damage from years of
binge drinking and easily falls prey to authoritarian 'justice' due to close proximity with violence at a young age

• Locked thread