Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Groogy posted:

Thanks but flattery won't help

Then what will?

Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Groogy posted:

Sorry can only say ok to one thing at a time, you already spent it.

Worth it.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

The japan minors have got to be the most frustrating to play stability wise. It's just constant -1 stab events. I thought it was just a Shimazu thing, but started a Date game and it's like, can't stay above -3. I guess it's just not a stable place with all these samurai running around.

edit:

So how do you become Shogun if Kyoto isn't the capital? Do you still take Kyoto? Does the war condition "grant independence" make you the Shogun?

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 13, 2017

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
With or without Mandate of Heaven?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Want MoH China to be nerfed? Here's your chance!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Groogy posted:

With or without Mandate of Heaven?

With, and turns out it's take Kyoto. No clue how Ashikaga ended up with some rando province being their capital. They should really explain that better, since you'd think "become the shogun" would be some kind of victory condition.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

nessin posted:

I was listening to a podcast yesterday which mentioned the Imperium mod, which was a surprise to me since for some reason I never thought of EU4 having any big conversion mods other than M&T. Are there any other significant overhaul mods out there worth checking out besides M&T and Imperium?

Good lord the amount of work that goes into entirely new maps is... a lot. Gotta write up all the new areas, regions and superregions, new trade nodes and all connections, and a whole bunch of poo poo before EUIV likes running with it :v:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

appropriatemetaphor posted:

With, and turns out it's take Kyoto. No clue how Ashikaga ended up with some rando province being their capital. They should really explain that better, since you'd think "become the shogun" would be some kind of victory condition.

It says it in the explanation text for the option when the "Sengoku has started" event pops up, but yeah it could probably do with a better explanation/reminder.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

quote:

Are you a creative and dedicated games industry professional

No....

quote:

Or maybe a talented, experienced modder

Um... no...

quote:

Are you interested in Paradox Development Studio and our brands and with a desire to help us bring them to the next level?

Yeah!

1 out of 3! I'm a shoe-in!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

quote:

Are you a creative and dedicated games industry professional

You guys think having made a soon to be released physical card game is a qualifier?

E:

With preorders from actual stores!

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Fintilgin posted:

No....

Um... no...

Yeah!

1 out of 3! I'm a shoe-in!

You'll have to take the long, one-year, two-step DDRJake road of QA into Game Design.

Seriously though, that was one hell of a sudden pivot.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's 1520. I've united Mexico and passed all my reforms. Unfortunately, the Europeans haven't discovered the New World yet because Colonialism hasn't spawned. And that means I've got nothing to do but slowly colonize some lovely 1/1/1 provinces until some white people show up and show me how to feudalism. And of course I can't build boats yet because ??? which means that the Carribean is right next to me but completely out of reach.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah when i did it it took until 1600 to find france just south of panama and i could tell portugal was in jamaica the whole time

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
New World gameplay is ultrafucked and has been for quite a while, I assume they're never going to fix it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just loving love that the Inca, who literally had a feudal society, can't embrace feudalism without white people around.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I got tired of struggling with ironman and wanted to dick around with Incas. I wish I had done ironman because it's 1640 and europe does not have its poo poo together. It may be endlessly amusing that it takes my army over a year to march across my borders, but I still wanted to know what the gently caress was up with the new world coming to stomp me in.

Tagged over to the old world and I think my game is broken.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Quantumfate posted:

I got tired of struggling with ironman and wanted to dick around with Incas. I wish I had done ironman because it's 1640 and europe does not have its poo poo together. It may be endlessly amusing that it takes my army over a year to march across my borders, but I still wanted to know what the gently caress was up with the new world coming to stomp me in.

What the gently caress happened? :psyduck:

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Fister Roboto posted:

I just loving love that the Inca, who literally had a feudal society, can't embrace feudalism without white people around.

Aye but how much of it was left when the afro-eurasian diseases had done their job????

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Quantumfate posted:

Sometimes Paradox invades singleplayer games for their multiplayer sessions.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Quantumfate posted:

spectralent posted:

What the gently caress happened? :psyduck:

Also you better check out the timeline to see how that happened

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah I really want to see that timeline.

Though the Tibetan China is so implausible I have to think there was something wrong with the initialization somehow.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Quantumfate posted:

I can't believe it's only the mid 17th century, too. There's plenty of time to get more hosed up!

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
How would Tibet ever have enough admin for that?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Seems legit.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Tahirovic posted:

How would Tibet ever have enough admin for that?

I guess if they somehow got the MOH then they could be reunifying china?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah I really want to see that timeline.

Though the Tibetan China is so implausible I have to think there was something wrong with the initialization somehow.

Yeah, the rest of that is unlikely, but I've seen similar things happen before (Ottomans get a bit too greedy leading to a European dogpile, Poland refusing the unions and getting slaughtered, etc). AI Tibet conquering China is almost certainly impossible.

Are you running any mods that might've messed things up?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Tag yourself, I'm Albania.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
There are a lot of terribly unlikely things happening in that map. Maybe he's pranking us and that's actually from a multiplayer game?

Also I'm Irish England.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Nah, I'm just an idiot. AnoHito had it right-An old mod that breaks up china was on and it did not enjoy the new provinces in Asia. Timeline was great though and I didn't even know that feature existed.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

persia kept getting fully annexed and popping back out :eyepop:

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Iranians like their independence.

I am Theodoro, I have survived till 1640 and even conquered a few provinces.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Detheros posted:

Tag yourself, I'm Albania.

I'm Korean Japan. Never Another Meiji.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm Ceylon who owns most of India.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Mountaineer posted:

Also I'm Irish England.

And I'm Norwegian Scotland. And Denmark and Sweden. And Finland. And St. Petersburg.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Coptic Ottomans are OP.

This is fun. Map is from 1542, eating the rest of Mamlukes will be the next war. Persia is my vassal, currently being integrated. I released a single province before Timurids imploded, and rebels released most of the country to my vassal. However, they were super rebellious, so I had to use the liberty desire exploit (march and unmarch them) to clear it.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Rapner posted:

However, they were super rebellious, so I had to use the liberty desire exploit (march and unmarch them) to clear it.

Fixed in next patch, you cheater :colbert:

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006
The pinnacle of masculitinity

Groogy posted:

Fixed in next patch, you cheater :colbert:

They can still be handled easily by just developing some of their nice spice producing coastline, which you'd probably want to at some point anyway. Or by throwing prestige at them.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Yeah but that's not the problem. What he did is obviously a bug being exploited which is now fixed.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Groogy posted:

Yeah but that's not the problem. What he did is obviously a bug being exploited which is now fixed.

Cool, tell us of your opinions on cheevo sanctity and the "cazhul in may VIJEMOGAMZ'" menace next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Rapner posted:

Coptic Ottomans are OP.

tell me about it

definitely have the time to take this one all the way but it's so tedious

• Locked thread