Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Man, Jah owning up to drink driving :( but then Seth ridiculing him for moving home to be closer to the bar haha!

God I love this show. I keep recommending it to friends irl but like, podcast recommendations don't stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

goferchan posted:

This was the funniest episode to me in a long time. I've kinda been falling off for a few eps but I lost it laughing at that part, and others

Yeah, I think this was one of the best in a while, definitely the best themed episode.

I also feel like it would be a good one to intro people to the series.

Goodbye Dr. Pepper tree.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Great last ep, perfect theme,

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

What's the story about two old actors who are connected by like both guesting on the same TV show once and then they both get murdered in home invasions or something? I don't expect anyone to come up with an episode number but do I have the gist of that right?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Only thing like that that rings a bell is the time two old actors starred in an obscure werewolf show and then both received checks of $1 million many years later when a fan of the show died.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The show was Lucan, that story is amazing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there was also that story of the two Hollywood stuntmen who worked for like, 60 years, were best friends, did everything together, and both died when they were driving down the highway and someone driving the wrong way hit them head on.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Or the man and woman who performed tens of thousands of performances together at Disneyland at a cowboy show. Stopped the show after decades due to old age. Did not see each other for another ten or so and then died within a few days at different nursing homes.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Just got to episode 89 and listened to the fight. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened again during the entirety of the show. That wasn’t as bad as I remember it, though, except for Jonathan threatening to quit the show.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Thought about the Lucan story as I was posting that, hadn't remembered the other ones y'all mentioned but I'm still like 60% sure I'm thinking of a different one. On episode 25 now, I'll hit it eventually if it exists.

609 was fine but I do see why none of those were used as an Ask Amy in a regular ep, other than the lady who was clearly trying to plot a murder at those breakfasts they don't have the crazy quality of the best ones.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Biodome posted:

Just got to episode 89 and listened to the fight. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened again during the entirety of the show. That wasn’t as bad as I remember it, though, except for Jonathan threatening to quit the show.

You do know what else happened during that ep right? If not you are in for a treat. Anyone remember when the CO poisoning reveal happens? It's like 50+ eps later.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
Pretty sure that episode is commonly referred to as "the gas leak episode"

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Phoenix show was pretty great. Had some classic Seth rants about futurism and Elon musk. Jonathan tells the story about taking LSD and ending up in his parents bed again, still good.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

What's the story that happened very early on in the show: Seth does some personal research about this high school basketball girl. It has something to do with her record for free throws or 3s or something like that. I have no idea what I'm talking about but maybe that rings a bell?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Biodome posted:

Phoenix show was pretty great. Had some classic Seth rants about futurism and Elon musk. Jonathan tells the story about taking LSD and ending up in his parents bed again, still good.

It was a nice balance of playing the hits but also new funny stuff like the Covergirl stuff. Also watching Jonothan kind of wind himself up to tell these embarrassing stories really ads to their effect.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

H A T T A M posted:

What's the story that happened very early on in the show: Seth does some personal research about this high school basketball girl. It has something to do with her record for free throws or 3s or something like that. I have no idea what I'm talking about but maybe that rings a bell?

Oh poo poo I remember that from Episode 4, its like the first story he tells in the show and at the end Jonathan says it's probably the greatest investigative story anyone has ever told on a podcast. God drat I wish I could remember the details, it was almost a record for individual points in a single game and she only failed to break it because the other team left the court so her free throws didnt count or something

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Rick posted:

It was a nice balance of playing the hits but also new funny stuff like the Covergirl stuff. Also watching Jonothan kind of wind himself up to tell these embarrassing stories really ads to their effect.

Yeah, that was great, I thought he wasn’t going to tell it. I also thought he may have become ill or something mid show cause he kind of just let Seth do his thing for about 30 minutes while he just sat but he came back and told more stories. The state fair story had me laughing so hard. That venue was really great, too.

The story about the girl scoring 101 points in the first half is http://articles.latimes.com/1990-02-08/sports/sp-572_1_scoring-record

It was great and yeah, probably the first time Seth told a super interesting non-comedic story.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah I liked the venue too. Affordable parking and easy to get to in Phoenix, the world is changing.

From what I understand every other venue in the area that would host an act the size of UYD is very run down or has/had owners who were impossible to work with and I'm glad that there is someone that seems to be doing it right now there.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Does anyone know the first time Seth mentions Mizzou? All of a sudden he had a cat and I don't know if he just got him recently or he's had him for years and I never knew.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

H A T T A M posted:

Does anyone know the first time Seth mentions Mizzou? All of a sudden he had a cat and I don't know if he just got him recently or he's had him for years and I never knew.

It was definitely within this last year. I don't remember where he was first brought up, I think it was technically in an instagram pic and not on the show tho

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm not a cat person, but it's a good cat

https://imgur.com/a/msqmj

Edit: I keep trying to post a picture but IMGUR won't resize it....

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 21, 2017

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'm not a cat person, but it's a good cat

Same here. Not a cat guy but that is one adorable kitty.

This last live ep in Phoenix was great. The guys are absolutely hilarious, and the audience is one of the least annoying they've had. Seriously, I think Seth gets funnier in every ep. Can't wait for Dallas!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I drop in and out of this podcast so maybe I missed it: was there any update on Jonathan and the ketamine study?

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
I don't recall either of them mentioning it after that ep

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

That's impossible

You're telling me Jonathan didn't follow through with something?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Caper posted:

This last live ep in Phoenix was great. The guys are absolutely hilarious, and the audience is one of the least annoying they've had. Seriously, I think Seth gets funnier in every ep. Can't wait for Dallas!

It was pretty great. There was only one chime in Charlie and they got shamed by Jonathan and shut up for the rest of the show.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
The boys got pretty deep with the Harmony(!) conversation.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Speaking of things Jon doesn't follow up on, does anyone know if that "retro game show with retro celebrities" that his friend was hosting is a real thing yet?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
"20/20 a must" is a good ref for the superfans.

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I don't think Jonathan was joking when he said air-conditioning doesn't contribute to global warming because it cools the air.
He said it again! I'm not sure the exact episodes, maybe like 595 and 605 or something, but I'm ballistic. For some reason it bothers me way more than any of the bad stuff I've heard Jonathan admit to doing

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
One thing I've noticed is that the intros and outros have gotten a lot more 'rock and roll-y' and less 'skwelchy womp-y' since Jah became sober.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
"First of all I'm not doing heroin, and I am having perfect hair."

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

bollig posted:

One thing I've noticed is that the intros and outros have gotten a lot more 'rock and roll-y' and less 'skwelchy womp-y' since Jah became sober.

Still gotta bring it on the squelchy womps sometimes though.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Any nerds going to the Dallas show?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I'll be going with a few friends. Do you know if it's the usual doors at 7, show at 8? The event page says it's running from 7 to 10 pm, lol.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Yeah I'm not sure

Edit: the bar I was pre gaming at had a bunch of people I recognize from fb but I was meeting a non uyd friend there so I was like whelp this is weird

BIG CITY LAWYER fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 5, 2017

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

Yeah I'm not sure

Edit: the bar I was pre gaming at had a bunch of people I recognize from fb but I was meeting a non uyd friend there so I was like whelp this is weird

I'm sure they're all cool people but when I've seen the big FB UYD posse at shows I have had NO desire to be a part of that lol

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Yeah, I’m bringing non-uyd people and I don’t know anyone from the Facebook group, really, so I’m good.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Yeah same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
That was kind of a rough ep, there was an rear end in a top hat in the back that kept yelling dumb poo poo, still good, though. Gonna wait and get a pic with them.