Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It is necessary

(It really isn't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Tender Bender posted:

This sounds like the connection problem. Call Nintendo, they fix it quickly and easily.

I don't think there's any official Nintendo support in Thailand unfortunately. The controllers work fine in handheld mode. I might just pick up a pro controller and forget about it.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

I don't think there's any official Nintendo support in Thailand unfortunately. The controllers work fine in handheld mode. I might just pick up a pro controller and forget about it.
This is from a 10-year old message board post, but...who knows?

quote:

Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand can call...

Phone 011 (81) 078-231-2700
https://www.gamespot.com/forums/nintendo-fan-club-1000001/the-official-how-to-contact-nintendo-thread-25945434/

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Oh poo poo check out this juicy tidbit from an interview:

Interviewer: After playing Super Mario Odyssey, I noticed the structure of the levels and the search for Power Moons were reminiscent of the sandbox system of Breath of the Wild. Was there any contact between both teams regarding this?

Satoru Takizawa: Actually no, when it comes to exchanging about the game, we didn’t really have that kind of contact. I have an example, by the way: Motokura-san, the director of Super Mario Odyssey, came to see us a month after the release of Breath of the Wild and told me: “Takizawa-san, you really overdid it with your game”. And I wondered what he was talking about. And then he explained to me that our game was so rich and complete that it made things difficult for him. The bottom line is there’s an influence between us when our games are released, but not so much during development.

That being said, when he came to tell me this, I saw in his eyes that he was very confident in his Super Mario Odyssey, and was determined to beat us now.

http://starlingclubs.info/zelda-breath-wild-devs-heros-path-mode-added-dlc-timeline/

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
My Switch arrives today's I'm sitting around the house waiting for the UPS guy like an idiot.

I get to replay through parts of Zelda though and I'm pumped. Any games I absolutely have to get on Switch besides Odyssey?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

blue squares posted:

That being said, when he came to tell me this, I saw in his eyes that he was very confident in his Super Mario Odyssey, and was determined to beat us now.

http://starlingclubs.info/zelda-breath-wild-devs-heros-path-mode-added-dlc-timeline/

nice, competition between the devs lol. maybe this means Odyssey will get better DLC than Zelda. DLC for a mario platform game would be wild though.

I didn't know Blazblue Cross Battle was coming to Switch, that's great.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Popete posted:

My Switch arrives today's I'm sitting around the house waiting for the UPS guy like an idiot.

I get to replay through parts of Zelda though and I'm pumped. Any games I absolutely have to get on Switch besides Odyssey?

I picked up Mario Kart 8 yesterday and it’s incredible. On eShop, Golf Story has also been a blast if you want a goofy light hearted story with zany golf mechanics (as well as playable disc and mini golf). People also keep telling me to get Stardew Valley, but I am not sure if that’s the type of game for me.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's happening the fighting game from Arc System Works we've been waiting is finally coming to the Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGY-JDYidlY

For real though I'm super excited that BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle is coming to Switch. I'm hoping Kanji makes it in so I can run a Rachel/Kanji team all the time

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Popete posted:

GolfStory is good, MK8D is good, Splatoon 2 is good. ARMS from my point of view is good but it's very much a point of controversy if good or not. Pokken is good. poo poo ton of indies to run through too that are perfect for Switch. It's actually dawning on me how hard it is to recommend the good first year games for the Switch because pretty much all the games have been good. All I can really recommend is look for what you're in the mood for cause the Switch will have a perfect game for it (because the Switch is perfect)

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is Mario Kart 8 worth getting if I don't know how often I'll play multiplayer? I'm currently living with my mom and soon moving with my dad to Colorado. At neither places will there be much of a decent speed internet connection

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

blue squares posted:

Is Mario Kart 8 worth getting if I don't know how often I'll play multiplayer? I'm currently living with my mom and soon moving with my dad to Colorado. At neither places will there be much of a decent speed internet connection

I don’t think so but that’s because I almost exclusively play online battle or races. Without multiplayer there are better options

Honestly though good internet speeds aren’t that important for Nintendo games. You’re pushing very little data anyway and it’s not like online shooters or mmos at all in the demand for speed and consistency

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 15, 2017

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Popete posted:

The only big one I can think of is Mario x Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, which is really good if you think you'll enjoy XCOM with Mario characters and Rabbids (they're not as insufferable as you might expect).

Mario Kart 8 is the same as on the Wii U but getting hit by a blue shell never gets old.

Other games I enjoyed on Switch that I wouldn't say were must-buys: Steamworld Dig 2, Golf Story

If you want to play with friends locally: Snipperclips (2 or 4 players, 3 might be suboptimal), Overcooked (2-4 players, 4 for maximum IRL violence), Jackbox (optimal with 6-8 players)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Popete posted:

If you like strategy XCOM stuff: Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle

If you like Meat Boy: Slime-San

If you like Final Fight: Wulverblade

If you like weird fighting games: Pokken Tournament DX, ARMS, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, ALL the KOF games

Racing games: MK8 and Fast Racing, Thumper

Golf RPGs: Golf Story

Cool retro platformers: Blaster Master Zero, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Cave Story, Sonic Mania, Rayman

Shooty games: Astro Duel Deluxe, Sine Mora EX

Roguelikes: Binding of Isaac, Flame in the Flood, NeuroVoider

Fun: Splatoon 2, Steamworld Dig 2, Stardew Valley

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Popete posted:

it's sunday

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

a.lo posted:

it's sunday

The wonders of Amazon Prime in a large city.

I suppose it's not actually UPS though.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Popete posted:

The wonders of Amazon Prime in a large city.

I suppose it's not actually UPS though.

its prob USPS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Popete posted:

shovel knight
splatoon 2

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A Mario XCOM game? Oh hell yes.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rabbids is very good. In my opinion it's more fun to play for an hour or so, knock out a few battles, and then put it down. I binged through most of World 3 and it felt kind of like a slog.

I like the game a lot but I think it's the perfect length. There's a good variety of scenarios and encounters but I think the game hurts itself by giving you the best characters in the first half and not really adding any new skills to their repertoire as the game goes on. By the time I finished I was ready to wrap it up, and any longer it probably would have worn out its welcome.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I got my Switch and Splatoon 2, but I'm too nervous to break it open without applying a screen protector. How easily does it scratch?

I have all the accessories that come with the Switch itself - are there critical accessories I need from anywhere else?

As for games, unfortunately I've either already played or seen Vinesauce stream a lot of the staples (MK8D, Mario+Rabbids, Steamworld Dig 2, BotW), but there's gonna be way more coming and I still need to play Golf Story, Sonic Mania, and Stardew Valley :v:

a.lo posted:

its prob USPS

I thought US post didn't deliver on Sundays? Eh gently caress if I know.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 15, 2017

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

a.lo posted:

its prob USPS

It is. That's who delivers my Sunday deliveries.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How is FIFA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The less Super Mario Odyssey was influenced by Breath of the Wild, the better, honestly.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Infinitum posted:

How is FIFA

It’s missing features which is bad. What’s there plays well enough but not the same as other systems physics. You are limited with tactics you can set for your players which is bad. The market is small and that is really annoying and bad. It’s hard to find players or complete challenges because the market is so small. Honestly I’d buy it on other systems first. Portability isn’t the end all be all

Think of it like this, I couldn’t complete a basic team building challenge because there were zero players on the market for two different positions. During the day it’s passable but bad but most of the evening night and morning it’s horrendous

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 15, 2017

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The less Super Mario Odyssey was influenced by Breath of the Wild, the better, honestly.

I want Mario Cooking

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i played mario odyssey at target

turns out it owns

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I recall there being some problems with scratching and bending when the dock was pinched like this. What was the recommended solution?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not believing everything you see on YouTube

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pollyanna posted:

I got my Switch and Splatoon 2, but I'm too nervous to break it open without applying a screen protector. How easily does it scratch?

If you don't have any kids and don't plan on doing anything heavy duty with it, sans screen protector is fine.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Yea people damaged their poo poo because they had an accident or didn’t take care of their delicate electronics. Bend gate was bullshit. A tempered glass screen protector feels better than plastic and only costs 5

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

I have all the accessories that come with the Switch itself - are there critical accessories I need from anywhere else?

As for games, unfortunately I've either already played or seen Vinesauce stream a lot of the staples (MK8D, Mario+Rabbids, Steamworld Dig 2, BotW), but there's gonna be way more coming and I still need to play Golf Story, Sonic Mania, and Stardew Valley :v:

youll be good

i think a lot of it was people being careless

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I only put a screen protector on my Switch because it came with a Zelda themed case I got for $3 on clearance.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

They deliever amazons on Sundays

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I think one of the reasons I play so much more on my Switch then my built game PC is because there's no feeling (real or perceived doesn't matter) of having to invest time and hide myself away to play a game. There's plenty of times I've thought about playing something on my PC but the thought of spending time alone at my desk for an hour or more kills the desire but with my Switch I just grab it and go to another room if I want to do something else. I'm hoping every big RPG comes out on it cause of that. So many half finished ones on my PC because I didn't want to boot up my PC and sit alone in a room doing nothing but staring at my PC a screen like I do at my job. I think a lot of other people feel the same and it's why a lot of people fall in love with the hardware after trying it and seeing how it frees them up

That's my Switch is perfect story thanks for listening

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

thanks

what a great read

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
It makes sense that Mario Odyssey would resemble Breath of the Wild because Breath of the Wild takes a lot of game structure cues from Super Mario 64 with how it divides itself into a lot of small challenges separated into distinct "worlds."

Mario Odyssey appears to be more Mario 64 than Mario Galaxy so of course there will be similarities

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I think one of the reasons I play so much more on my Switch then my built game PC is because there's no feeling (real or perceived doesn't matter) of having to invest time and hide myself away to play a game. There's plenty of times I've thought about playing something on my PC but the thought of spending time alone at my desk for an hour or more kills the desire but with my Switch I just grab it and go to another room if I want to do something else. I'm hoping every big RPG comes out on it cause of that. So many half finished ones on my PC because I didn't want to boot up my PC and sit alone in a room doing nothing but staring at my PC a screen like I do at my job. I think a lot of other people feel the same and it's why a lot of people fall in love with the hardware after trying it and seeing how it frees them up

Same. I had to force myself to get back to my PC for Cuphead and I can’t help but think how much more I’d enjoy that game if it was on Switch.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Same, it's mostly because I don't have a great pc setup due to having a small apartment and not using my home pc for anything other than games, unlike a decade ago when I practically lived on it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same. I had to force myself to get back to my PC for Cuphead and I can’t help but think how much more I’d enjoy that game if it was on Switch.

Just like Darkest Dungeon, I would easily buy Cuphead again and replay the whole thing on the Switch if I could. Same with Ori and the Blind Forest. Neither will be coming to Switch though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought Darkest Dungeon was confirmed to be getting a Switch port at some point?

• Locked thread