Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i remember emma frost using a rapier, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They confirmed it's coming to PC and Switch, by the way.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

i remember emma frost using a rapier, yes

Look, her name is Weiss and her nickname is Ice Queen apparently so I wasn't wrong at all there.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Dias posted:

Look, her name is Weiss and her nickname is Ice Queen apparently so I wasn't wrong at all there.

Her name literally ways 'white snow' and she looks like mitsuru from persona but terrible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mitsuru's name literally means 'beautiful woman'

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Endorph posted:

mitsuru's name literally means 'beautiful woman'

Is accurate tbf 😍

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
SamSho was my first fighting game and I always dug Charlotte so I'm okay with Anime Emma Frost With Rapier.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Emma Frost doesn't have any ice powers tho

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

But she has Frost in her name that doesn't make any sense!

Anyway i'm hoping they reveal one of the 'etc' characters soon. Just to give a hint of the type of characters they could be.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

It's Heart Aino

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

zeku trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhkiiLXxVAM

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I guess he's supposed to look Lupin-y but it really doesn't mesh with the SF5 art style.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk what's more upsetting the fact that they made an American person pronounce Blazblue the way the Japanese do or that they thought anyone was killing themselves over Guy's master being playable in SFV

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TFRazorsaw posted:

DIamonds are ice in a sense. :colbert:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They confirmed it's coming to PC and Switch, by the way.

I didn't notice this the first time but now that I have my hype is through the roof

I'm glad Rachel is here, now we just need Kanji and my team will be complete

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's not how you pronounce schnee!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think it's less that anyone was "dying to play Zeku" and more they're taking these minor characters and background details and mining them for stuff to build off of. It's not a bad approach.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 15, 2017

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

That's not how you pronounce schnee!

Weiss SHEEH!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Zeku looks nice visually but looks pretty uninspired otherwise. It's too bad he's got the terminal disease of being in SF5

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Yeah, his style just looks a little boring to me. Despite all my problems with the game, I've consistently liked the animations of the characters in general as they all seem distinct. Zeku's seem a bit lacking in personality. Like he's a fast ninja, sure, but we already have a fast ninja and her animations seem cooler to boot?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He has a bunch of recycled ibuki animations so

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He's an old dude. I can understand why he'd have a bit less flair

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
dont be ageist

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm really glad Capcom made Ibuki lovely and unfun to play so they could add Better Ibuki in later as more DLC.

Maybe we'll get Better Guile and Better Dhalsim in as DLC soon. Remy and Necro are way cooler than those SF2 losers.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

It was nice of Capcom to allow this Fantasy Strike character to guest in their game.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its okay he has a stance change to make himself younger

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Remy and Necro are way cooler than those SF2 losers.

I get that this is seething irony, but Remy is possibly the only thing that could get me to even consider playing sfv after they ruined my pal Vega. He's one of my favorite street fighters.

Guile, but as a takes himself too seriously French youth who spends all his time beating the poo poo out of martial artists because he's a self proclaimed pacifist who hates fighting?

I've never seen another fighting game character as beautifully pants-on-head stupid as Remy. I miss that moron and his low kicky sonic booms.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

brainSnakes posted:

I get that this is seething irony, but Remy is possibly the only thing that could get me to even consider playing sfv after they ruined my pal Vega. He's one of my favorite street fighters.

Guile, but as a takes himself too seriously French youth who spends all his time beating the poo poo out of martial artists because he's a self proclaimed pacifist who hates fighting?

I've never seen another fighting game character as beautifully pants-on-head stupid as Remy. I miss that moron and his low kicky sonic booms.

If you think I'm being ironic about the entire SF2 era cast being embarrassingly awful characters both in personality and design let me reassure you that they are all loving trash and 3's cast was a 1000000% straight upgrade to every single archetype.

The only bad parts of 3S's cast are the fact that Ken AND Ryu AND Akuma all made it in and Chun-li hadn't been fired into the sun.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

S2 gave us E. Honda, Dee Jay, Fei Long, Blanka AND T. Hawk. The fact that SFIV decided these rich and amazing and not at all lovely designs deserved to be brought back before the vast majority of Alpha's or 3's cast baffles me to this day.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

gotta plug that dlc in the trailer thunbnail

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

canoshiz posted:

Zeku looks nice visually but looks pretty uninspired otherwise. It's too bad he's got the terminal disease of being in SF5

all his moves look trapped in molasses

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Real hurthling! posted:

Similar does not equal recycled. Every time this complaint comes up its always wrong. Recycled means its the same animation copy and pasted in frame for frame. He's a ninja he's gonna use ninja moves.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

anime was right posted:

gotta plug that dlc in the trailer thunbnail

That's just some random rear end youtuber who chose that thumbnail, official channel video is his splash art.

I mean people love to complain but at least use a bit of critical thinking.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

That seems like a stretch of the word "nostalgia".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Canadian posted:

Similar does not equal recycled. Every time this complaint comes up its always wrong. Recycled means its the same animation copy and pasted in frame for frame. He's a ninja he's gonna use ninja moves.

Ninja moves (tm)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Reiley posted:

That seems like a stretch of the word "nostalgia".

what you don't remember zeku's classic costume from the old days

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

brainSnakes posted:

he's basically Iori from KOF but French, which makes him slightly worse by default.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If you think I'm being ironic about the entire SF2 era cast being embarrassingly awful characters both in personality and design let me reassure you that they are all loving trash and 3's cast was a 1000000% straight upgrade to every single archetype.

The only bad parts of 3S's cast are the fact that Ken AND Ryu AND Akuma all made it in and Chun-li hadn't been fired into the sun.

I like the cut of your gib, ZenMasterBullshit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You're insane man. Super Turbo's cast is untouchable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i love all the street fighters and the street fighters are all my friends

except necro