Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plastic Paws
Jan 24, 2011
Also, the new house is shaping up nicely TPT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Gloomy Rube posted:

What's that grassy floor you have? I've never seen it before and now I want it in my FC room.

Arbor

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

do the paper walls slide open?

Those walls do, yes. You buy them from the NPC standing near Rowena in the House of Splendors for like 30k each, I think they're called Paper Partitions.

My house is still kinda messy since I just moved stuff in from an apartment but I'm going for the 'mage who's too focused on her work' stuff. Lots of books and such scattered everywhere and a relatively small sleeping area.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

The ones you can buy and that are in that picture are called Oriental Partitions, Paper Partitions are new and are a crp craft that also slide open

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Kobata posted:

The version I've been doing after reading it somewhere:
(Start with 3) Hypercharge, Hot Shot, Quick, 1 - 2 - 1, Reassemble, Rapid Fire, Flamethrower to overheat, WF, 3 (Reload) - 2 (Gauss) - 3 (Rico), CD until overheat ends, use stabilizer to get back to 50.

Have 2 ammo. Pot Hypercharge > Hotshot (Gauss R) > 1 (Reload) > 2 (Flamethrower OH) > 1 (Reassemble Wildfire) > 3 (Quick R Rapid Fire) > 2 (Gauss R) > 3 (Ricochet) > Cooldown (Overload Rook) > Cooldown > 1

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Asimo posted:

Honestly this is my main issue with MCH right now. I really want to like it, but basically all the complexity in the class is squeezed into the wildfire window and it's shallow and simple outside of that. I would have much preferred juggling heat like at launch than having to deal with it. Wildfire is a horrible ability and needs to either be revamped or go away, especially in an era when other classes are getting big 600+ potency flashy finale nukes. :shrug:

Unrelatedly... assuming I'm an idiot player, which should be easy because I am, what the hell do you spend Poetics and Verity on when you have all the armor sets you'll ever bother to use? I even grabbed the various orchestrion rolls and the like, and I'm guessing excess Verity is pointless since the mats you can buy are worthless on the market board, but what about Poetics? I'm sort of spinning my wheels buying some umbrite in case I ever want to level another anima weapons (I won't), but I'll run out of that excuse eventually and I'm sure there has to be some better use for them.

Buy verity pieces you can desynth and stuff them on retainers for when they patch in letting you desynth them. You will never run out of things to spend verity on.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Asimo posted:

Honestly this is my main issue with MCH right now. I really want to like it, but basically all the complexity in the class is squeezed into the wildfire window and it's shallow and simple outside of that. I would have much preferred juggling heat like at launch than having to deal with it. Wildfire is a horrible ability and needs to either be revamped or go away, especially in an era when other classes are getting big 600+ potency flashy finale nukes. :shrug:

Yeah I can see that, for me it's fine since I get a regular rush then a break to gather my head which works well for me since I have the attention span of your average gnat. I don't get the problem with Wildfire though, it's basically the exact same as any other straight damage steroid with the exception that if you suck, Wildfire will let you know by actually displaying the damage you gained from it. It's not nearly as miserable to use as something like Riddle of Fire. That said it could do with being more satisfying, as the animation and sound effects are disappointing and after all that effort you expect a big number to pop up but it's just, well, kinda not. It can't even crit (which makes sense) so it's a quiet shameful floaty number rather than a big shaky in your face number. Some people wanna see less Wildfire reliance but honestly I'd want to see more, like remove the auto-turret entirely and shift all of that damage into your Wildfires.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

vOv posted:

Those walls do, yes. You buy them from the NPC standing near Rowena in the House of Splendors for like 30k each, I think they're called Paper Partitions.

My house is still kinda messy since I just moved stuff in from an apartment but I'm going for the 'mage who's too focused on her work' stuff. Lots of books and such scattered everywhere and a relatively small sleeping area.

That's basically what my apartment is. Unoriginal idea but looks nice.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hra Mormo posted:

Yeah I can see that, for me it's fine since I get a regular rush then a break to gather my head which works well for me since I have the attention span of your average gnat. I don't get the problem with Wildfire though, it's basically the exact same as any other straight damage steroid with the exception that if you suck, Wildfire will let you know by actually displaying the damage you gained from it. It's not nearly as miserable to use as something like Riddle of Fire. That said it could do with being more satisfying, as the animation and sound effects are disappointing and after all that effort you expect a big number to pop up but it's just, well, kinda not. It can't even crit (which makes sense) so it's a quiet shameful floaty number rather than a big shaky in your face number. Some people wanna see less Wildfire reliance but honestly I'd want to see more, like remove the auto-turret entirely and shift all of that damage into your Wildfires.
I mean, objectively speaking it works fine and MCH numbers are alright? And if you're enjoying it, hey, cool! But subjectively it just isn't very fun for me and I suspect a lot of other people considering MCH is consistently the least-played DPS class in both Heavensward and Stormblood so far.

And Wildfire is different from most other DPS class signature stuff. It's an interesting mechanical concept but it has kind of the worst aspects of both a straight percentage buff and a big finisher nuke. If you fire off verholy or deathflare or something, boom, it's done and you get a big number and a flashy light show. With Wildfire you have to get an exact specific timing and rotation for a net result that isn't any bigger and sure as gently caress isn't flashier. Similarly if you fire off raging strikes or some similar percentage buff and the boss phase changes or something you at least got to make use of the time before the target goes unattackable, but with Wildfire? Whoops, the whole thing's wasted. I mean this isn't as big a deal as it once was, but it can still happen. And then there's the matter that MCH is really the only class that still has to try and weave like, what, four or five different OCD buffs into a short duration?

And subjectively again I think the whole concept of the ability is redundant once they added the Heat mechanic. You watch your heat, keep it high, and overflow at the right time for a damage boost. In 4.0 this was actually kind of fun and made the relatively simple rotation interesting... but then Square simplified it way down... so it would be easier to use with Wildfire. Hooray. It's just like... what is the ability even adding that a big high-potency finisher wouldn't instead? Hell, making the rotation more interesting to manage again might even let them make the leveling experience more satisfying for the poor class. :effort:

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

A+ house and glamour. Your house looks like my FC house. Our greeting is "Hello neighbors! We're here to bring your property value down. ^_^b". I think we need more giant elephants though, only have two.

Hmm I wonder if this is the reason why many of my FC members all went and got personal housing...

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I grabbed a house in Mist when Omega first opened and have done absolutely nothing with it. Now that I have crafters, money and storage maybe I'll actually get into housing stuff.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

You do realize that people outside of WoW's devs work on those addons? SE has outsources too but they made sure their own devs know what's being implemented because outside using their specialized tools and rights are in contract, not in a vague "popular" addon aggrement. Same reason why people still use Windows instead of "Linux", bloated addons is fake development.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Pikavangelist posted:

You do realize that people outside of WoW's devs work on those addons? SE has outsources too but they made sure their own devs know what's being implemented because outside using their specialized tools and rights are in contract, not in a vague "popular" addon aggrement. Same reason why people still use Windows instead of "Linux", bloated addons is fake development.

:allears:

I miss when your pikachu was spreading the glorious word of Fracture

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

You were really good in Over the Garden Wall.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
okay lets do this

played this years ago for a bit, and started a new trial. My animemans is ready for some conjuring

edit: woa i can jump now. That wasnt possible at first, right?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Thatim posted:

okay lets do this

played this years ago for a bit, and started a new trial. My animemans is ready for some conjuring

I don't believe Jumping was possible in 1.0, no.

Incidentally open up your spellbook, and check the description of jumping under "General actions". And all of your out there should do it as well, it's cute.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Thatim posted:

okay lets do this

Oh poo poo you played 1.0

Welcome to a new world friend

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Haha you couldn't jump in 1.x? What?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Didn't some grognards say that implementing jumping would destroy all immersion?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Was the movement at least client side?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Didn't some grognards say that implementing jumping would destroy all immersion?

Did... did dragoons not exist in 1.0?

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Shy posted:

Was the movement at least client side?

Movement was client-side, it was every menu that was handled by the server.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
I seem to remember movement actions having the same latency as all other actions, but maybe that's just my memory going "everything was terrible" about the beta.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Wasn't space bar casting or something?

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Did... did dragoons not exist in 1.0?

Well, not until 1.13 or whatever.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leofish posted:

Guys, I'm really happy with how my apartment turned out. :neckbeard:

I can still add a few more doodads and things, probably to the walls, but it feels pretty cozy for a cheap little place away from my house in the Shroud.

Excal, Shirogane Ward 1 Subdivision, Apartment 7 if you want to come and visit.

Now, if I could just find a RDM glam I'm satisfied with. :argh:

This is really good! Especially since it looks like the bulk of the furniture is NPC bought.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Compared to their height, Lalafells get an insane vertical jump. Their legs are extremely powerful, hence the potato shape.

Elezan and Roe are very weak in comparison.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Please don't make fun of my Roegadyn's short and stubby legs. He is trying his best.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

whats up with codes and free stuff or whatever

people are whispering me to submit a code but I am not able to reply cause i am on the free trial atm

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

They are trying to recruit a friend you it seems. gently caress em.

That said there is a goon RAF post someplace if you want the stuff and want to give a goon some junk for you subbing.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 15, 2017

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

They probably want to get a RAF off you?
Take one from goons instead, here's the thread (still not in the op :saddowns:)

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Thatim posted:

whats up with codes and free stuff or whatever

people are whispering me to submit a code but I am not able to reply cause i am on the free trial atm

Referral program stuff, I would assume. I don't remember the exact details, but it's a code that a current player can generate, you punch it in when you buy a full copy of the game, and you both get free stuff in game.

If you rolled on Excal or Omega (or any server really), there's probably a bunch of goons who would be happy to jump in and give you one. I'd do it myself but I already have my Twintania mount. :angel:

edit: is this you, because this wonderfully named person joined PBC last night.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 15, 2017

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Oh great, I should do that when i buy the game.

I am playing on Excal ofcourse. Playing with goons is like half the fun

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Don't be too jealous

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I wanna start making some gil and I'm pretty sure gathering is the way to go. Doman Iron Sand is a good money-maker, correct?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

What is the gathering level needed now for rare finds on quick ventures? Is store-bought gear enough?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

This is really good! Especially since it looks like the bulk of the furniture is NPC bought.

The only things that aren't are the orchestrion, the MSQ instrument thing, and I believe the microscope. I had a maidservant parked in the entrance while I worked on it to buy a bunch of the new Hingan stuff. It was relatively cheap to outfit the whole place.

I'm glad people like it! :D

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I never did much with my FC room, but I've spent most of my time this week getting my house the way I want it.

And why I picked this plot; the view behind:

I should probably take different pictures when its day in game, but eh, I'm still proud of it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So I think I'm about ready to try to start doing O1S and O2S. As a DRG I can break the O1S dummy with about 20-25 seconds remaining without using my Chocobo for anything except as a target for Dragon Sight. ACT Tells me I'm doing around 3900-4100 DPS without using pots or food buffs.

Is this alright at 322 ilvl?

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/19448178/#profile

This is the gear I'm using right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Didn't you mythic raid in wow? Just go and kill those things.