Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

8 Ball posted:

The longer you look at this picture the more you realise that the floor sticker is actually not that crazy

Pictures like that only look good from one angle, now imagine sitting on the shitter staring at it the wrong way up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh poo poo I forgot I ordered the AMERIGAN ORIGINALOO patches. They're bigger than I expected other than the UFO patch.

Does TRAP SO DOPE actually mean something?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot I ordered the AMERIGAN ORIGINALOO patches. They're bigger than I expected other than the UFO patch.

Does TRAP SO DOPE actually mean something?

I got a dope trap house.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
Have you ever thought about building your own sausage making empire?1?! Well think no more because ali has you covered: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/14m...addresstype=600
Ps: rename me "Pig Sausage Pipe"

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

RocketSurgeon posted:

Have you ever thought about building your own sausage making empire?1?! Well think no more because ali has you covered: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/14m...addresstype=600
Ps: rename me "Pig Sausage Pipe"

This is where og Ali Baba shines

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/sausage-line-using-stainless-steel-marinade_60546207434.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ZG3000-Vacuum-Filler-Professional-vacuum-meat_60543252542.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ZXL-500-New-Commercial-Sausage-Smoker_60648148637.html

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

My dreams in three links. I am the master meat tumbler.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I bought a t shirt and paid for 3XL cause i figured that would be like 2XL and it arrived! However it was not only small the decal was applied crooked and offset slightly to the left like aint nobody got time fo dat when it comes to applying poo poo. Close inspection shows the size label had been removed and I measured it and it corresponds exactly to size XL on the sellers size chart. Sad!. So i messaged the clown and after sending him pics of the disaster he agrees in bad english to refund 'if I put personal reason'. Ok i says. Thats 2 days ago and I'm hosed if I know whats happening, am I supposed to open a dispute or what.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

I bought a t shirt and paid for 3XL cause i figured that would be like 2XL and it arrived! However it was not only small the decal was applied crooked and offset slightly to the left like aint nobody got time fo dat when it comes to applying poo poo. Close inspection shows the size label had been removed and I measured it and it corresponds exactly to size XL on the sellers size chart. Sad!. So i messaged the clown and after sending him pics of the disaster he agrees in bad english to refund 'if I put personal reason'. Ok i says. Thats 2 days ago and I'm hosed if I know whats happening, am I supposed to open a dispute or what.

Yeah, open a dispute and say that the merchandise was not as advertised. That "personal reasons" poo poo is garbage and AE isn't going to hassle you for your legitimate complaint.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Something something stuff thick tubes of meat into me.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fat Jesus posted:

he agrees in bad english to refund 'if I put personal reason'. Ok i says. Thats 2 days ago and I'm hosed if I know whats happening, am I supposed to open a dispute or what.

Say your mother is personally ashamed of you because of your bad shirt ?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

yeah so ok I put in a dispute to get my money back and didn't see a 'personal reason' option in there so I just told them what the actual prob was and asked for a full refund. I'm not altogether sure what the clown meant by 'personal reason', did he expect me to say I just changed my mind or ? gently caress him / her anyway. Everything else I bought of ali has been cool and good, first time I had a problem.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
my very cool business partner is from shanghai and he brought me back home this real weird amulet from his last trip to china and i was extremely confused until i realised it's a lil dealie to hang your purse off a table and that i'd bought the exact one years ago for my mam off aliexpress and it came in the same mysterious velvet pouch

: ) he is cool and thoughtful

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

bigfatdynamo posted:

my very cool business partner is from shanghai and he brought me back home this real weird amulet from his last trip to china and i was extremely confused until i realised it's a lil dealie to hang your purse off a table and that i'd bought the exact one years ago for my mam off aliexpress and it came in the same mysterious velvet pouch

: ) he is cool and thoughtful

As much as I appreciate your partner's thoughtfulness, this was a disappointing ending for a story that begins with a person receiving a mysterious asian amulet.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
i was really excited for it to be something cursed/mysterious. oh well. last christmas he gave me lottery tickets and the time i lied about totaling my car (i was actually just super hungover) he gave me scratcher tickets

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Apparently, I go to AliExpress when I'm drunk because that's the only explanation for this little box of trick arriving.

The whole box is about the size of a deck of cards, and is full of tiny postcards, hang tags, bits and bobs. I have no idea. And now I'm a little worried about what else I might have ordered.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bigfatdynamo posted:

i was really excited for it to be something cursed

I mean, it's kind of too early to rule this out

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone seen a store that sells game boy classic games? Searching is a huge pain in the rear end as it turns up GBA and various other variants that are not the original ones.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If I don't get my Jean Reno pillow cases by Monday, I get a full refund :ohdear:

Grapeshot
Oct 21, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Has anyone seen a store that sells game boy classic games? Searching is a huge pain in the rear end as it turns up GBA and various other variants that are not the original ones.

Try Xingqui Retro Game Store or Yuan Dian Digital Game, they list all their black and white Game Boy games as GBC but they're still there. Also searching for the title of a game usually gets better results than searching for the system name.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Goddamnit, I want a model of an Akita taking a poo poo but my budget for it tops out at $48.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
BNLA THE BRNUE!!!!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/25mm-Metal-punk-snap-button-jewelry-for-bracelet-OEM-ODM-MT753/32317599211.html

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Live tardo stream

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
An 8" die-cast model of a 747 for $16? :getin:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20c...2829359885.html

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

A reminder that Yanwen Economic Air Mail is the worst shipping option possible. If there is the option to spend an extra twelve cents to upgrade to China Post Small Packet Plus, do it.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Meh, I'm ordering from China because it satisfies my impulse shopping habit in the most economical manner*. I can wait for whenever things show up. I haven't had anything fail to arrive yet. Yanwen seems like it just means I forget I've ordered something before it arrives. So I get a happy surprise in the mail instead of obsessively checking 17track to see when my <$1 junk from China is going to arrive.

*I say economically, yet somehow have managed to make it to reward level A3 w/ almost 1000 reward points. Accounting for points from feedback on everything, and multi-day shopping binges, I've probably spent about $400 on miscellaneous junk from China...

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Was looking for some knock off mlb jerseys but I read somewhere that MLB cracked down on AE but yet I still see jerseys on the site. Did china just pull a china and say ok but gently caress you and started selling them again?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Probably. Same thing Amazon does for a lot of poo poo, so they might as well.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Duh Ugh posted:

Meh, I'm ordering from China because it satisfies my impulse shopping habit in the most economical manner*. I can wait for whenever things show up. I haven't had anything fail to arrive yet. Yanwen seems like it just means I forget I've ordered something before it arrives. So I get a happy surprise in the mail instead of obsessively checking 17track to see when my <$1 junk from China is going to arrive.

*I say economically, yet somehow have managed to make it to reward level A3 w/ almost 1000 reward points. Accounting for points from feedback on everything, and multi-day shopping binges, I've probably spent about $400 on miscellaneous junk from China...

Cool man. Other people may choose to get their poo poo two weeks sooner for less than a quarter, but your preferences have been noted.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Cool man. Other people may choose to get their poo poo two weeks sooner for less than a quarter, but your preferences have been noted.

Tru dat. TBH, I was just trying (and failing?) to be funny. I blame the heavy metal poisoning.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Duh Ugh posted:

I do the same, as an A4, but honestly it's way cheaper than the impulse shopping habits I used to have for anything else.

Clumsy Card House
Jan 6, 2008

I thought it was supposed to take like 2 months to get my poo poo but I received my little plastic drain cleaner snake thing after 8 days. What gives thread? I was not expecting prompt delivery y'all lied. Very disappointed in you.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Clumsy Card House posted:

I thought it was supposed to take like 2 months to get my poo poo but I received my little plastic drain cleaner snake thing after 8 days. What gives thread? I was not expecting prompt delivery y'all lied. Very disappointed in you.

Behold the magic of Chinese shipping. No one knows when anything will arrive. I've had stuff take less than a week to get almost literally halfway around the globe. Meanwhile something I ordered that shipped from inside the US took almost a month. :iiam:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

It defies all logic beyond "China is really big and different sellers ship from different parts of it." I have ordered stuff from different sellers on the same day and had CPSPP items arrive before ePacket items. I would bet heavily that your item was not shipped by Yanwen Economic Air Mail, though.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
I got a set of pans as a gift, and they're good enough pans that I want to use them, but they've got little double-handles which is inconvenient somtimes.

Enter: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...2594470154.html

Does exactly what it looks like and does it well. Not sure if I'd leave it on while cooking but for transferring things from one pan to another it's amazing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oooooo

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The shipping has been really hit or miss for me so far with Ali. So far I got about 80% of my orders within 2-3 weeks, which is fairly typical. But a few things like this cheapo logic analyzer I just got took like a month and a half. Which would've been frustrating if the other order that has all the electronics I was going to analyze wasn't still stuck god knows where. Supposedly it left China a month ago :(

Banggod's been certainly way more consistent even with their free option, which makes sense since they have a centralized operation of course.

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

I got a set of pans as a gift, and they're good enough pans that I want to use them, but they've got little double-handles which is inconvenient somtimes.

Enter: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...2594470154.html

Does exactly what it looks like and does it well. Not sure if I'd leave it on while cooking but for transferring things from one pan to another it's amazing.
We've had this (or at least its non-Chinesium version) for years and it's particularly great for pans without any handles that can be conveniently moved into the oven when necessary. They're also easier to store.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I noticed with the shipping that if you take one of the ~$1 paid options, it's usually here in two weeks. That's China-Germany. That being said, for some stuff even that is not worth it. I hate when some of the sellers write "$0 - Gift" on the package. It makes German customs officers unhappy and is usually an automatic 2+ weeks and I have to fetch it in person from their office. Besides that, I love aliexpress. It's all the fun of shopping with none of the ruining yourself. I got some genuinely nice stuff there. I also love scrounging and finding the cheapest offer I can find. That being said, it's sometimes worth it to check eBay, as strange as that sounds. I had some cases where the same stuff was a bit cheaper on plain old eBay.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...2770073643.html

I have studio headphones with a way too long cable for my usage and I hope this will be a bit tidier than wrapping the cable around my computer. There are also some with an automatic winding mechanism that could be nice for on-the-go when you don't want that cable mess in your pocket.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vin...2787009166.html

Key organizer. I got this one when it was $9. Very nice, although a bit big. There's a similar wallet. In person it looks way more expensive than it is.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/13Pcs-set-Silicone-Anti-Dust-13-Plug-Cover-Set-Stopper-13pcs-Laptop-anti-dust-plug-laptop/32620784635.html

USB-plugs Not really all that necessary but nice. The colors are even and bright and they fit into the ports snugly and don't fall out by themselves but also don't get jammed up either. Make things look a lot more cleaner and nicer. Can't really go wrong at that price. Also not only for Laptos. I am an old who doesn't surf on a tablet and I have a white ITX case and the black ones on the USB ports look cool.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ORI...2807239123.html

USB cable organizer. One of the things I didn't know I needed until I had it. The problem with such things is usually the glue that just doesn't last long with mechanical stress. I recommend attaching them with Velcro strips. the Velcro dissipates some of the mechanical stress and you can take it off easily if you have to fiddle with it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NAI...2486940589.html

They are not silicon but plastic. Very though. Probably too expensive now, I got them in a flash sale. You can always use some extra feet! I use them to replace the decayed feet on old computer cases.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-1-pc-Beech-Wood-Coasters-Cup-Drinks-Holder-Mat-Coffee-Tea-Cup-Pads-Mats/32772321855.html

I like those. Probably too expensive for what they are but well made and they feel solid. Again, they look more expensive in person than they are.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hoo...2655729545.html

I often have screws or small plastic things I want to store for later use. I used to use these cheap self closing plastic bags everyone knows but they tend to open themselves and spill their guts all over the place and you can never completely fill them. There are several designs, I have these and plain white ones. They're nice.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...2795012316.html

That's how I label these bags.

That's my verbose aliexpress experience!

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

I’m mad too. I ordered some poo poo hoping it’d show up just before Xmas, and yet stuff is showing up in two weeks! Even worse, I was expecting knock off crap that’d be good for novelty gifts, but lots of it is good quality, therefore people think I care about them. Groan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
ePacket is the best, and is absolutely worth looking for a version of whatever if it has free/cheap ePacket