Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Josh mccown is so gonna earn a giant 1 year contract that the jets will sorely regret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tom brady screaming "total bullshit" on tv forever

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Tom brady screaming "total bullshit" on tv forever

He's so angry that the bullshit calls didn't start coming in for a whole quarter.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Gotta love how the cheating shitbags needed the refs to turn this game around for them after getting outplayed by a terrible team most of the first half and they are STILL whining after every play.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Oh loving please you were gifted the worst defense in the league and you still can't get 4th and short?

Your team sucks. Plain and simple.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tom brady crying while up 10 in the 4th q

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Oh loving please you were gifted the worst defense in the league and you still can't get 4th and short?

Your team sucks. Plain and simple.

The Jets have the worst roster in the league and your overrated piece of poo poo cheating fuckbag team still needed this game handed to them by the refs. Your team also sucks.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The Jets have the worst roster in the league and your overrated piece of poo poo cheating fuckbag team still needed this game handed to them by the refs. Your team also sucks.

You know what, nevermind. That touchback poo poo was garbo. You're right.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Must be nice to be able to bend your perception of reality to whatever fits your tantrum. Last I checked the game wasn't over, and McCown was bailed out more than a few times by your hated refs.

As I was saying. More utter horseshit to manufacture gifts for your fraudulent team.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tom brady crying for his entire career despite getting fumble in the endzone calls to make sure he wins

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

See my edit; that was bullshit if the highest caliber.

I'm not one to double down on being wrong

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Both your teams are really good guys. I mean they have to be, they play in the toughest division in football: The American Football Conference East!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
The referees are the best part of the game and I am glad they can make calls that can dramatically change the course of an entire game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I've been watching this profoundly evil franchise have games gifted to them for the majority of my life. I'm almost numb to it... Almost.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dolphins going to the super bowl

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Trading 7 points for 3 and 4 less minutes on the clock will actually work out better for the jets because fart

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ehud posted:

Dolphins going to the super bowl

Oh is it in miami again?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The fraud that never ends.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anderson looks real bad rn. lovely way to end

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AFC Beast fellas.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

I've been watching this profoundly evil franchise have games gifted to them for the majority of my life. I'm almost numb to it... Almost.

This one is bad enough that it broke through and I am extremely angry irl.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The league needs to call the same thing like 6 more times this season to prove its a real rule and that they didnt help out tom just because his eye black ran a little bit when he cried

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Like, I know the Patriots effectively start every game with 7 points to a phantom DPI, but this was way over the top.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

The league needs to call the same thing like 6 more times this season to prove its a real rule and that they didnt help out tom just because his eye black ran a little bit when he cried

The Patriots have 10 more games to go so no issues there :v:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mcmagic posted:

The fraud that never ends.

It's been a fun ride. :v:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I'm glad the patriots won the game and I'm glad the reffing was even and that call was the right call and a case where trying to keep the rules logically consistent works out to dramatically worse outcomes. But it was right.

Also jesus christ mcmagic I'm worried for the safety of those around you if we make the playoffs

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

what the NFL needs is more lawyers to make the game logically consistent, this will fill seats

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Phobeste posted:

I'm glad the patriots won the game and I'm glad the reffing was even and that call was the right call and a case where trying to keep the rules logically consistent works out to dramatically worse outcomes. But it was right.

Also jesus christ mcmagic I'm worried for the safety of those around you if we make the playoffs

LOL

Those around me are fine. Like I said, i'm used to your fraudulent team having games gifted to them.

The refs literally ended the Jets' season today so that was nice.

sirtommygunn posted:

Like, I know the Patriots effectively start every game with 7 points to a phantom DPI, but this was way over the top.

The DPI against Adams was just as fraudulent as the ASJ travesty. (And the call that really changed the game, the clear headshot on Robby Anderson that was picked up)

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 15, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dre2Dee2 posted:

what the NFL needs is more lawyers to make the game logically consistent, this will fill seats

i actually got offered tickets to this game for free and turned it down because not even watching the patriots wallop the jets is worth going out to new jersey for a regular season game

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

You get to trade that off for the headshot on brady when he was already tackled by something else that wasn't called. I'm sorry you lost but there's no point spinning out and hooting and hollering about cheating every year for the past twenty, just think about how the team can improve and maybe you'll be happier.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Phobeste posted:

You get to trade that off for the headshot on brady when he was already tackled by something else that wasn't called. I'm sorry you lost but there's no point spinning out and hooting and hollering about cheating every year for the past twenty, just think about how the team can improve and maybe you'll be happier.

why can't you at least be a charming rear end in a top hat like shrimp?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Phobeste posted:

I can think about both those things. The Jets are a terrible team and I expected nothing from this season (other than losing fraudulent games to New England because that happens every year). That being said they should be in first place looking at going 5-2 vs Miami and they aren't because of fraud.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

evilweasel posted:

i actually got offered tickets to this game for free and turned it down because not even watching the patriots wallop the jets is worth going out to new jersey for a regular season game

yeah tough to find anything redeemable about a region that birthed one of the biggest embarrassments of US history

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Ehud posted:

why can't you at least be a charming rear end in a top hat like shrimp?

Sorry I overplay it sometimes

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

evilweasel posted:

East Rutherford is the garage of Jersey. It's where you put all the poo poo you need but takes up a ton of space, and it's damp, cold and smells a little

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah tough to find anything redeemable about a region that birthed one of the biggest embarrassments of US history

But Tom brady, who cried today, is from california?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The "touchback" was baloney. But on the other hand the Jets gave up 24 unanswered points.

All in all, a very Jetsy game.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The "touchback" was baloney. But on the other hand the Jets gave up 24 unanswered points.

Browns had that happen last year in one of the Steelers games it turned a pick 6 into a Steelers touchback.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It was a very Cheat's game in that when they were down 14-0 and the Jets were driving to go up at worst 17-0, the Refs decided that that shouldn't happen and picked up a clear helmet to helmet flag that would've put the Jets in FG range and called a ridiculous DPI against Adams in the endzone so their bullshit turned a 17 or 21-0 Jets lead into a 14-7 game and that was before the Jets were robbed of a clear TD. The refs, as clearly as i've ever seen, decided that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jets after going up 14:

Punt
Punt
Punt
Interception
Interception
"Fumble"
Field Goal
Turnover on Downs

• Locked thread