Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Tokelau All Star posted:

What's with these married adults feeling like they need to have "friends" and a "social life"?

You get both for free if you join a church! Or an AA group, depending on the blackness of one's soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

BigHead posted:

You get both for free if you join a church! Or an AA group, depending on the blackness of one's soul.

I don't personally experience nearly enough guilt to justify either of those.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Throatwarbler posted:

Ugh, I'm feeling so depressed that I think I might be suffereing from some kind of brain chemical inbalance.

As your doctor, I recommend you take MDMA or MDE every other weekend for 3-4 months. That will get you out of your shell.

Then see a good doctor and get some good anti-depressants or anti-anxiety drugs.

Note: must be in this order or the SSRIs will block the MDMA effects.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

evilweasel posted:

they're like a programmer but for contracts

you tell them you want to buy a company, they write a contract, and then in ten years it turns out they missed a semicolon and whoops you dont actually own anything

This is actually an unfairly good analogy for what my friends at M&A shops do.

It is, however, great fun to be the one regulatory attorney in the room full of transactional folks.

*30 minute colloquy on giving reasonable efforts versus commercially reasonable efforts in [subject] cooperation*

"We can't accept that. Regulatory issue."

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Mr. Nice! posted:

It stays together because it's assembled with four tortillas that have all been lightly toasted with layers of cheese between them melting it together.

A good hunk of the weight of the first one was meat because the people i was making it for didn't want any onions/pico/guac. So the inaugural megarito was black beans, refried beans, seasoned ground beef, queso, shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and a little fire sauce.

It was solid as any burrito should be when rolled and could support it's own weight thanks to my double hulled design.

Edit: the handle on my cold table is around 5" long for size comparison.

I love you

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vox Nihili posted:

I don't personally experience nearly enough guilt to justify either of those.

You have more choices than Lutheran or Baptist.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

It stays together because it's assembled with four tortillas that have all been lightly toasted with layers of cheese between them melting it together.

A good hunk of the weight of the first one was meat because the people i was making it for didn't want any onions/pico/guac. So the inaugural megarito was black beans, refried beans, seasoned ground beef, queso, shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and a little fire sauce.

It was solid as any burrito should be when rolled and could support it's own weight thanks to my double hulled design.

Edit: the handle on my cold table is around 5" long for size comparison.

I have never wanted something as much as I want this beautiful thing.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Tacos are better sorry. Post taco pics.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Tacos are better sorry. Post taco pics.

I don't know that these are my best work, but i have them handy from snapchat. Here's some carnitas served traditional style

Here's two beef fully loaded

Here's one beef one chicken fully loaded on flour

And i'm not sure if i've posted it before but here's a chicken ultimate taco.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Keep going I’m almost there

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel like I am the only examiner who understands 101, which makes me want to quit to open a shop consulting on prosecution on how to come up with arguments that will get past primaries who have no idea what they’re doing

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've made shredded beef in that style but i'm not 100% sure what to call it.

Ropa vieja or barbacoa.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Anyone need a government job in socal?

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Those are nice tacos, but I'm surprised they're covered in cheese like that.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

nm posted:

Anyone need a government job in socal?

Are there any goverment jobs that would hire a Canadian under TN?I generally assume no but may I should ask just to be sure. I turned down an interview with the Federal Reserve because although they are technically not "government" and not bound by any such rules their policy was still to hire Americans preferentially or at best, foreigners on their way to becoming Americans.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

It's Florida.

Throatwarbler posted:

Are there any goverment jobs that would hire a Canadian under TN?I generally assume no but may I should ask just to be sure. I turned down an interview with the Federal Reserve because although they are technically not "government" and not bound by any such rules their policy was still to hire Americans preferentially or at best, foreigners on their way to becoming Americans.

The state can hire whoever the gently caress they want as long as have the right to work here. Peace officer jobs are more restrictive.

nm fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 14, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

those are the fully loaded. I do sell a lot of traditional like the first one. I'll take some pics tonight.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

CaptainScraps posted:

Seriously I'm on my honeymoon and I'm like "Honey I gotta do my emails."

Why are you on something awful dot com?

Go have sex with your wife.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

CaptainScraps posted:

Drop out and go into tech.

Seriously I'm on my honeymoon and I'm like "Honey I gotta do my emails."

Liar. You're posting on Facebook hounding people to go to Vegas in December.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Roger_Mudd posted:

As your doctor, I recommend you take MDMA or MDE every other weekend for 3-4 months. That will get you out of your shell.

Then see a good doctor and get some good anti-depressants or anti-anxiety drugs.

Note: must be in this order or the SSRIs will block the MDMA effects.

SSRIs plus MDMA can kill you in like 3-4 different ways.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pook Good Mook posted:

You'd think someone who attends a private Midwestern law school outside the T14 and vacations in Dubai would be better adjusted.

maybe he's just exaggerating for this thread ? let's see what he said in another thread I read

Throatwarbler posted:

I recently interviewed for a job in Seattle, the firm flew me in and put me up in a hotel, the interview was an hour long conference with a bunch of the partners. At one point in the interview I just straight up blurted out "I just don't like people from Vancouver" before realizing that I was posting to real life and not to this thread, and spent the next 15 minutes trying to walk it back("well, I mean, not all of them, maybe just the Chine...I mean...because there are too many of them...gently caress.") and not seem like some kind of bizzare Alberta supremacist.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

maybe he's just exaggerating for this thread ? let's see what he said in another thread I read

"I'm considering offers in Hong Kong or Dubai - slaves are cheap there. Oh gently caress I mean.. just kidding about the slaves. Well, they are there actually, but I mean..."

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
It’s Friday night and I’m writing suppression and discovery motions and drunk bourbon.

Go to law school

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

And the driving all over China bits.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Toona the Cat posted:

It’s Friday night and I’m writing suppression and discovery motions and drunk bourbon.

Go to law school
Look at this scrub without canned motions.
My canned kitchen sink style suppression motion (that I mostly wrote and personally updated) won more hearings than I think anyone in my office when I worked there.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

nm posted:

Look at this scrub without canned motions.
My canned kitchen sink style suppression motion (that I mostly wrote and personally updated) won more hearings than I think anyone in my office when I worked there.

I have that for MTDs

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Toona the Cat posted:

I have that for MTDs

Kitchen sink motions are the best, if they are allowed where you are, because they allow you to include your killer case without tipping off the witness as to what not to testify to. Judges gripe about them and then grant the motion.
The key is to have a basic kitchen sink motion, delete the stuff that clearly doesn't apply, and add anything that you need in the middle. Then be prepared to argue the gently caress out of the case (and bring a few copies as the judge may need to read it). 1538s (motions to suppress in CA) were like one of the few things I was pretty good at and that motion was key.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I totally didn't take any pictures tonight. One of my regulars tried the megarito. He got about half done in 15 minutes and hit the wall. Had to take the rest home.

I didn't toast that one as well as the original but he said it was delicious while he could still eat.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Mr. Nice! posted:

I totally didn't take any pictures tonight. One of my regulars tried the megarito. He got about half done in 15 minutes and hit the wall. Had to take the rest home.

I didn't toast that one as well as the original but he said it was delicious while he could still eat.

That reminds me of the 4 lb burrito at the NASCAR Cafe that used to be at the Sahara in Vegas. (RIP)

They had a challenge too. I heard it was super difficult to finish. Man V Food featured it and Joey Chestnut had a cameo eating it.

What about escalating challenges? Like a 3, 4, and 5 lb burrito with varying prizes?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

mastershakeman posted:

Holy moly

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/nicole_cliffe/status/919376356537802752

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 13, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Had two attempts at the megarito tonight. First failed. Second completed at 9:43. So the challenge time limit is going to be 10 minutes.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I honestly think I could eat that thing, but definitely not in 10 minutes. Wow.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

wait, trap detected: is it a law job?
Yeah, it involves firing LEOs too.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

CaptainScraps posted:

I don't understand what a transactional lawyer actually does.

Neither do clients, you'll get along with them famously!

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

evilweasel posted:

they're like a programmer but for contracts

you tell them you want to buy a company, they write a contract, and then in ten years it turns out they missed a semicolon and whoops you dont actually own anything

I'm dying, this is perfect. I actually use the "programmer but for contracts" analogy all the time, and managed to sneak it into a rant about drafting I wrote for the local law journal.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Had two attempts at the megarito tonight. First failed. Second completed at 9:43. So the challenge time limit is going to be 10 minutes.

Dude's holding out on the law thread:

Mr. Nice! posted:

This was the failed one pre-roll. It has refried beans, black beans, chicken, carnitas, pico de gallo, salsa, jalapenos, lettuce, sour cream, cheese, and i think some chili.

Guy that finished his had beef, chicken, carnitas, refried bean, pico, lettuce, fritos, salsa, jalapenos, sour cream, chili, and a shitload of cheese. I'm basically going to sell them by weight with whatever toppings that people want. Gonna have to weigh at least 4 lbs or something but i'll fill it with whatever people want.

I'm salivating.

Maybe I will have to go to Florida a second time.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Lote posted:

What about escalating challenges? Like a 3, 4, and 5 lb burrito with varying prizes?

Or following the frozen yogurt model by allowing people to build their own burritos and charging them by the ounce?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Do y'all have a way to explain to your kids what it is you do? My kid is super upset that Im leaving for some Dallas hearings next week. Beyond "daddy has to go return property from private ownership to the bosom of the State," I mean.