Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIsHRHNU5k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i found this while cleaning up an old hard drive

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

tyler the 3d printer

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

nice

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

bump_fn posted:

idk most theaters are just normal. this was a weird fancy one in some lovely new convo development but it was the only place showing whtaever movie i wanted to see i think

weird, iirc the alamo drafthouse did not have assigned seats

cinci zoo sniper posted:

no i mean you being abashed at the concept of assigned seating. the only time in my life ive been to a theatre without a seat assigned on a ticket was when our entire highschool got herded to a showing of a patriotic bullshit "historical movie" at a municipal movie theatre (fire/safety hazard, last renovated before my birth, screen stitched from a bunch of bedsheets, etc) where we did just drink beer from 2 litre jugs for the entirety of it

i'm shocked a post soviet state doesn't respect personal freedom ;)

obligatory jingoism aside, it's probably better assigned

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk why you wouldn’t want to have a nice dinner, enjoy the food and the company, and THEN see a movie

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

i just name mine after appliances that might have wifi

SAMSUNG_BENCHTOP_SLOWCOOKER_XP

SAMSUNG_TOASTER_TOASTMASTER_SERIES_MX

SAMSUNG_SPORK_V2

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

i was there. it was when i was loving around with luxrender and volumes. you made that in maxwell.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
around the cyan/magenta era that horsemans ushered in when he gave a handful of us some CGA avatars

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ive never been to the alamo draft house

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

bump_fn posted:

ive never been to the alamo draft house

i went to a normal theater to see blade runner. non-alamo draft house people are animals. never again. alamo 4 lyfe

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

my two access points and a ten year old meme

not shown: 20 other ATT/xfinity branded access points

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Further evidence that the 2 big problems in CompSci are Cache and Naming Things.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
wow I just ate a cupcake and it's so much icing I'm gonna die

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://i.imgur.com/K1uD1yz.gifv

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

cinci zoo sniper posted:

this is the only good theatre hall in latvia (probably one of the better venues in entire northern europe atm, if you exclude the fact its in latvia). nothing decent food-wise (just snacks, unless you eat at the restaurant separately from the film), but you can get wine, cider, and tap beer from a local brewery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maNME-NCWXc

lithuania has one of those too, maybe a bit less pompous. estonia has one imax venue (idk if our counts as imax, its dolby atmos with barco 4k).

im not sure i get the hands holding drinks out of the holes

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

sweet lil baby :3:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

khaleesi

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

maskenfreiheit posted:

they started doing it earlier this year "due to customer demand"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol if you think of smoka as any of the tlo krew but Skeez
https://twitter.com/maritimexpat/status/916849225878646784

btw I hope I'm one of the first to wish you a happy birthday tomorrow bro. have a good one and eat the bad but tasty things to celebrate

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 16, 2017

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

maskenfreiheit posted:

regal and amc, the two biggest theater chains in the country by far, are bringing generally alamo drafthouse style theaters but with deffo assigned seats to a bunch of their locations

theres also several small time alamo drafthouse knockoff chains with names like "studio grill" or something that are doing a similar thing, especially in new developments

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i feel like the thing those are going to entirely miss that makes the drafthouse special is all their little special events. special film series, silent films with a live soundtrack performed by a local ensemble, singalongs, girly night, master pancake theater, happy fun monkey bash etc. forever. they're not just the nicest theater experience, they're a sort of communal presence that no chain theater can really do

i had a friend visit austin and we were just walking down sixth and i was talking about this beer i really like that you can't get many places. we walked past the draft house and i was like "oh poo poo yeah they have it" so we walked in just to grab a quick beer at the standing bar in the waiting area. but then it turned out they were having a queen singalong where everyone got a fake mustache and inflatable guitar and if you hear that and don't immediately say "whatever else we were doing tonight is cancelled" then gently caress you, i don't want to know you

it was an absurdly fun night, just two hundred strangers drunk af and singing along to queen videos

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm so out of practice with games these days, I need some babby poo poo like overwatch or something

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
idk a lot of those events get broadcast live the same way rifftrax does now etc.

and idk about other places but like when we watched Good Time on general release opening night in NYC at the union square regal, we got straight up the directors and some of the actors out on the stage at the front once the movie ended to do a whole q&a thing, which is like one of that location's gimmicks. ive seen other big theater chains that were in the midst of doing big resdesigns at a particular location start doing those sort of shows like especially the "silent movies and we got live performers for the music" thing

but then again it would be bad for most big theater chains to big into all those events, because thats often what little chains or independent theaters need to stay alive. like a week ago i went to this tiny mall theater in Salem, MA that only has 3 auditoriums and they were participating as part of a month long horror movie festival for one of the screens and on that night i saw a live recording of the Faculty Of Horror podcast about American Psycho, plus see American Psycho immediately after (texas chainsaw massacre was to be right after but like i just wanted to get back home to bed)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

idk a lot of those events get broadcast live the same way rifftrax does now etc.

and idk about other places but like when we watched Good Time on general release opening night in NYC at the union square regal, we got straight up the directors and some of the actors out on the stage at the front once the movie ended to do a whole q&a thing, which is like one of that location's gimmicks. ive seen other big theater chains that were in the midst of doing big resdesigns at a particular location start doing those sort of shows like especially the "silent movies and we got live performers for the music" thing

but then again it would be bad for most big theater chains to big into all those events, because thats often what little chains or independent theaters need to stay alive. like a week ago i went to this tiny mall theater in Salem, MA that only has 3 auditoriums and they were participating as part of a month long horror movie festival for one of the screens and on that night i saw a live recording of the Faculty Of Horror podcast about American Psycho, plus see American Psycho immediately after (texas chainsaw massacre was to be right after but like i just wanted to get back home to bed)

stfu

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kuvo posted:

my two access points and a ten year old meme

not shown: 20 other ATT/xfinity branded access points

i figured why not have some fun with my bluetooth and do something typical on something not normally customable

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

no u

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

what appeals to me most about drafthouse is that they gas and ban phone users and own it

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

fishmech posted:

regal and amc, the two biggest theater chains in the country by far, are bringing generally alamo drafthouse style theaters but with deffo assigned seats to a bunch of their locations

theres also several small time alamo drafthouse knockoff chains with names like "studio grill" or something that are doing a similar thing, especially in new developments

yeah theres a studio movie grill near me that is decent. i didnt have any of the food but i had a pitcher of margarita that was nice and strong and the ticket prices are the same as a regular theater

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

smoka, this is disappointing, tlo is yospos canon

:gb2gbs:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

what appeals to me most about drafthouse is that they gas and ban phone users and own it

agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yo can I lean over and whisper in my friends ear or are they all totalitarian about it?

AMC thesters up here sound way better. Recliners, beer and assigned seats that u can buy ahead of time.

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

One of the comments:

Hubert Applebaum posted:

Please also kick out idiots that can't shut up during marvel movies. There is always one hyperactive nerd overdosed on mountain dew that has to point out they know their marvel poo poo or when stan lee makes a cameo appearance the nerd feels obliged to point it out to everyone. Please kick those people out as well.

Its a slippery slope.. whats next, banning movie clappers?!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht_kphHDe7I

duz
Jul 11, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

Yo can I lean over and whisper in my friends ear or are they all totalitarian about it?

AMC thesters up here sound way better. Recliners, beer and assigned seats that u can buy ahead of time.

it depends on the people around you tattling since the servers are in and out quickly, so unless you're being an rear end, youll be ok
their policy is more about the social contract than pure silence

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
yo im watching sense8 and its p good although my teenage biblecamp programming got triggered hard when the psychic orgy kicked off

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

KoRMaK posted:

do i need to teach you how to behave like a polite human in a cinema/symphony/opera setting? it's simple decency. you may have a hushed conversation, but keep it short and quiet. if you need more than that, then step outside. don't use your phone, that's rude; it's bright and distracting. the one thing to keep in mind is that people paid money to go out and see a show, and anything you do to devalue that experience is thievery, so keep it to a minimum.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

alamo drafthouse has a sexual harassment problem.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

cis autodrag posted:

yo im watching sense8 and its p good although my teenage biblecamp programming got triggered hard when the psychic orgy kicked off
Which one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/chaoschaos111/status/919695485048426498?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Locked thread