Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

King Possum III posted:

Hollywood’s summer box office flopped.

Revenues are down nearly 16 percent–a precipitous drop from last year. The NFL ratings are also crashing. “Thursday Night Football” is down 13 percent from last year and fewer fans are attending games. The Emmys ratings have also cratered. What’s causing these declines? It could be that leftist politics are being injected into American entertainment.

Hollywood continues to spew out the same politically correct kitsch. Their movies have become too formulaic and repetitive. There are too many comic book movies chalk full of computer graphics showing crass, physics-defying violence. And of course, political correctness is always the number one priority. Then we’re expected to endure condescending lectures about climate change and social justice from the overpaid actors who show up at the Oscars.

The NFL’s decline is due to too much political correctness as well as the feminization of men. We are supposed to fret about overpaid athletes getting concussions, which can later lead to permanent brain damage. This used to be part of the game. It has always been violent. Like boxing, such violence is part of the attraction. Don’t want to be punch drunk? Don’t box or play football. It’s their choice and they know the risks. It’s difficult for a lot of ticket buyers to feel sympathy for players who command multi-million dollar contracts and then worry about getting injured.

More rules and penalties made the game safer while also rendering it boring.

Colin Kaepernick took a knee and began the current national anthem protests. Many players can’t even articulate why they are insulting our country. Maybe something somewhere past present or future is not equal. To them, America is not perfect and must be disrespected until it is.

Why can’t they protest on their own time? Last week, a Seattle anthem sitter also gave the black power fist salute after making a tackle. It’s now on the field. Sure, it’s his free speech, but it’s our free speech to speak out against it and stop supporting the NFL. If they can dole out fines for those giving the finger to the crowd or making lewd dances after a score, they can certainly hand out stiff fines to the sitters.

The latest Emmy award show hit a new low when they devolved into a Trump hate fest. No matter what size screen, the lefty actors seem to think we’re fascinated by their Trump bashing. It has become both tiresome and predictable.

We’ve been seeing Silicon Valley and social media companies try to excoriate conservative voices from the Internet. The big money media and entertainment arms are starting to lose revenue, subscribers and viewers. They’ve long been accustomed to controlling the levers of our culture, but now they’re pushing those levers even more vigorously and blatantly toward collectivism. Americans can boycott and stop participating.

—Ben Garrison
"chalk full"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
So my city has been burning to the ground for the past week. Seen a couple cartoons about it already ITT. A coworker of my wife lost her house, and her husband is a cartoonist and one of the first things he did was to get new art supplies at Target and draw what happened. It's not quite a political cartoon per se, but it's about a current event that normal polititoons artists are drawing.

A Fire Story, by Brian Fies

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

They have the Gold Award, which is functionally equivalent to Eagle but ~*for some strange reason*~ has never had the sort of post-scouting oomph that Eagle does.

Being an Eagle has never done me a lick of good professionally, for that matter. I've mentioned it to coworkers and bosses before when shooting the breeze, and I've never met anyone who held it in any special regard.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

Being an Eagle has never done me a lick of good professionally, for that matter. I've mentioned it to coworkers and bosses before when shooting the breeze, and I've never met anyone who held it in any special regard.
Often people aren’t conscious of the fact that they are giving breaks to people with a similar background to themselves.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Not sure I really needed to see #5 there...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
that dude has a dick for a nose

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Often people aren’t conscious of the fact that they are giving breaks to people with a similar background to themselves.

That would explain it. I'm a librarian, I've never had a male boss and I'm usually one of at most three men in the entire library. :v:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Crabtree posted:

The Boy Scouts of America should be so lucky as to be absorbed by the girl scouts, actually letting boys hang out with girls their age, selling the poo poo people actually want in raking in that cookie money and yes, letting trans individuals coexist among boys and girls. I don't understand the crying about that particular idea that if the boyscouts merged with the girls, they'd have to wear skirts.

the girl scouts are pretty badass

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
edit: nevermind

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
The girl scouts should counter with mixed groups and then there'd be a not-horrible organization I could point young guys to.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I thought the Girl Scouts had already started admitting boys.

Also, Garrison you poo poo for brains, they concealed what concussions were doing to player's brains. No one was making an informed choice.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Also, Garrison you poo poo for brains, they concealed what concussions were doing to player's brains. No one was making an informed choice.
Blood for the bloodsport!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Axe-man posted:

In my troop it was more a case of how much the other members could gently caress each other over in the most painful way possible. It slowed down after several people went to the hospital and became more a game of "what will burn if the fire is hot enough".

I had that too. Except it was parents.

One rear end in a top hat Assistant Scoutmaster said I didn't have enough "Scout Spirit" except I was at EVERY meeting.

e - he lied to my mom about it too, and she was pissed at him when he "revealed" the truth over a decade later. He currently has National Scout committee folk on his rear end for being a dick.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 16, 2017

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I think Girl scouts started admitting Trans people but I don’t think they went to complete all welcoming.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Spiffster posted:

I think Girl scouts started admitting Trans people but I don’t think they went to complete all welcoming.

I knew they were letting trans girls in, but I got mixed up. I was thinking of that offbrand scouting organization.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 16, 2017

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It would be fitting if Ben Garrison accidentally tracked dog poo poo through the carpeting of his house every single day for the rest of his life.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I have heard it posited that part of why this is happening is to give reactionaries an alternative to those nasty feminist lesbos in the Girl Scouts, but also that the Mormon Church isn't happy about it for violating the gender barrier, so I dunno?
Apparently their numbers have been down, so they've been doing a lot of stuff that the Church is unhappy with. Stuff like allowing trans boys to join the program.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Pants Donkey posted:

Apparently their numbers have been down, so they've been doing a lot of stuff that the Church is unhappy with. Stuff like allowing trans boys to join the program.

The Mormons' influence over the BSA also varies enormously from region to region, and there has been a backlash from the rest of the BSA's leadership against it in the last five or six years.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Keiya posted:

The girl scouts should counter with mixed groups and then there'd be a not-horrible organization I could point young guys to.

Campfire Scouts. It's been coed for decades and open to queer youth as well.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Spiffster posted:

I just noticed that they'd posted a statement:

girlscouts.org posted:

Girl Scouts is the best girl leadership organization in the world, created with and for girls. We believe strongly in the importance of the all-girl, girl-led, and girl-friendly environment that Girl Scouts provides, which creates a free space for girls to learn and thrive.

The benefit of the single-gender environment has been well-documented by educators, scholars, other girl- and youth-serving organizations, and Girl Scouts and their families. Girl Scouts offers a one-of-a-kind experience for girls with a program tailored specifically to their unique developmental needs.

At Girl Scouts, we are the girl experts, and for more than a century we have provided millions of girls opportunities for adventure, inspiration, and valuable mentoring. Offering hands-on, girl-centered learning in STEM, the outdoors, and entrepreneurship, and abundant opportunities to develop invaluable life skills, Girl Scouts helps all girls take the lead early and often. The Girl Scout Leadership Experience pairs girls with strong, caring female role models and mentors who prepare them to take the lead from age 5 to 18 and into adulthood. And we’re backed by more than 100 years of experience and expertise in the field.
...and so on.

They obviously (and reasonably) see this as a shot across the bow from the BSA, but I'm surprised that they're taking up the "one organization, one gender" banner in opposing it.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I know it’s nothing new but holy poo poo the seething hatred of this, and to embody that hatred in a little girl.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Winslow's adherence to reality allows him to pierce Carmen's glamours.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Exchange Hillary for Donny Tinyhands and Bam! It's an accurate joke.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah, saying Hillary blames others for her loss and that makes her bad is kind of insane when Trump was pre-emptively declaring the election rigged when he looked like he wouldn't win.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I just noticed that they'd posted a statement:

...and so on.

They obviously (and reasonably) see this as a shot across the bow from the BSA, but I'm surprised that they're taking up the "one organization, one gender" banner in opposing it.

Might be more about telling people that they have no plans to follow suit and open up boy's troops. Also single-gender anything benefits girls immensely, and is worth fighting for even if it seems regressive in the context of an equal-treatment-for-everyone culture.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Hahaha?

???

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Its been almost 20 years, when do you guys think cartoonists are gonna stop drawing Bill Clinton in boxers with lipstick on him?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Starving Wolf posted:

Its been almost 20 years, when do you guys think cartoonists are gonna stop drawing Bill Clinton in boxers with lipstick on him?

When the earth's surface is finally scorched of all life by the dying sun expanding to consume the solar system, a conserative cartoonist will use his final agonizing seconds of life to draw a lecherous Bill Clinton.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I like the turkey socks in case you missed the turkey flag.

Also the suggestion that Trump wouldn't loving love having what Erdogan has going on.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Cartooning in 3000AD:
"Sure, the libtard rebels love ragging on Supreme Republican Overpresident Rapebot4k and vice president Vince Ratfucker, but what about THEIR leaders????"
*Holo-drawing of a mummified Bill Clinton in boxers, posed next to a pile of money labeled "Clinton Foundation Benghazi blood money".

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Starving Wolf posted:

Cartooning in 3000AD:
"Sure, the libtard rebels love ragging on Supreme Republican Overpresident Rapebot4k and vice president Vince Ratfucker, but what about THEIR leaders????"
*Holo-drawing of a mummified Bill Clinton in boxers, posed next to a pile of money labeled "Clinton Foundation Benghazi blood money".

I'm glad to see "what difference does it make" has phased out, that one made me fuckin' angry.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Who will be the first to draw a Bill and/or Hillary Clinton obituary cartoon with his/her headstone next to VINCE FOSTER BENGHAZI SETH RICH?

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

I saw this in the paper this morning and laughed. A decent Tinsley? What is the world coming to?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

When I awoke from the nightmares, there the thing was. It was large with pores going down like slimy vines. It was then my small black eyes was gazing at one, gigantic bulbous yellow eye. The lids closed like no animal I had ever seen, shutting in three different directions. My gaze started to linger toward the top, noticing the brown dead seaweed on top of its monstrous head. As I squinted and refocused my vision, I gasped at the sight of human hair instead. The tentacles moved and squirmed as I tried to hold in my stoic composure. The blood in my head pulsated into pain and my vision soon became dizzy at the sight. Then...it spoke.

"Ya yaah ah carmen ng Y' ephaiuaaah mgehye'lloig"

The only word I could capture was Carmen. My eyes returned to the gaze as my knees locked and my back stiffened.

"I am your humble servant, Carmen. I am called Winslow. I shall help you, harbinger of madness."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The characterization of Hillary Clinton by conservative cartoonists is a fantasy monster, as real as ghosts and werewolves; AGC.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Some fucker from out of state is going to circumvent local gun laws by bringing in guns that were legally purchased in his municipality. A Good Cartoon about the trouble with local gun laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

there wolf posted:

Campfire Scouts. It's been coed for decades and open to queer youth as well.

And their mints are yummier than anything the boy or girl scouts ever sold.

• Locked thread