Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

imagine preferring marty to the young bucks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Bucks are this generation's Hulk Hogan, makes lots of money but you gotta wrestle their match

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jubs posted:

I think you meant to post that in the shit_that_didnt_happen.txt thread.

i dunno i see bc parody shirts here in vegas fairly often

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

gif Probst posted:

i dunno i see bc parody shirts here in vegas fairly often

Do you guys remember when there was a huge wave of christian t-shirts that were just knock offs of other stuff? Like the coca cola symbol but it said "CHRIST........the real thing" or whatever.

Let's have Jesus Club but instead of the crossed bandoliers of bullets under the skull make the skull jesus and then the bullets a cross.

edit: also to clarify my earlier post what I meant was that the logo is cool and I can totally see someone walking into hot topic, thinking a BC shirt was some kind of punisher thing or w/e and wearing it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah I knew that was a pretty loving bad injury when they stopped the match last night
https://twitter.com/SussexCoChicken/status/919300239118434304
:stonk:

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

imagine preferring marty to the young bucks lol

Oh I don’t prefer Marty to the Bucks. I love the Bucks. I’m saying all the people that hate on BC seem to really just hate the Bucks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Platypus Farm posted:

Do you guys remember when there was a huge wave of christian t-shirts that were just knock offs of other stuff? Like the coca cola symbol but it said "CHRIST........the real thing" or whatever.

Let's have Jesus Club but instead of the crossed bandoliers of bullets under the skull make the skull jesus and then the bullets a cross.

edit: also to clarify my earlier post what I meant was that the logo is cool and I can totally see someone walking into hot topic, thinking a BC shirt was some kind of punisher thing or w/e and wearing it.
The logo is very aesthetically pleasing and easily parodied so yes, many many companies have gotten on the bandwagon and people wear those parody shirts around not even knowing it came from wrestling.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
I was at the ROH show in Columbus last night. I don't watch ROH, it's just something me and my buddies do when they come through town, it's always fun. I didn't realize a bunch of people from NJPW would be there, so was amazed to get to see people I only read about online. Ospreay, Suzuki, Takahashi, Omega. It was really cool, and there was only one or two matches I was indifferent to. Lethal/Takahashi was amazing, I thought Cody was great, and saw an outside the ring Meltzer Driver and Omega cut a pretty good promo appreciative of the fans who supported smaller promotions.

Funny story, the last time we were here they did the interactive show where they would bring out a wrestler and let a few audience members ask questions. It was dumb as hell, but Daniels was out and this girl in full on Kingdom gear just poo poo all over Chris Daniels on the mic and he proceeded to own her. Then during the Kingdom/Addiction match she was getting super mad every time the Kingdom got their asses kicked. She was there this time too(Kingdom wasn't), wearing Kingdom pants. She was marking out constantly and I was jealous of how crazy she went for it. I didn't know they even made pants merch, but there you go.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

inconsequential posted:

I was at the ROH show in Columbus last night. I don't watch ROH, it's just something me and my buddies do when they come through town, it's always fun. I didn't realize a bunch of people from NJPW would be there, so was amazed to get to see people I only read about online. Ospreay, Suzuki, Takahashi, Omega. It was really cool, and there was only one or two matches I was indifferent to. Lethal/Takahashi was amazing, I thought Cody was great, and saw an outside the ring Meltzer Driver and Omega cut a pretty good promo appreciative of the fans who supported smaller promotions.

Funny story, the last time we were here they did the interactive show where they would bring out a wrestler and let a few audience members ask questions. It was dumb as hell, but Daniels was out and this girl in full on Kingdom gear just poo poo all over Chris Daniels on the mic and he proceeded to own her. Then during the Kingdom/Addiction match she was getting super mad every time the Kingdom got their asses kicked. She was there this time too(Kingdom wasn't), wearing Kingdom pants. She was marking out constantly and I was jealous of how crazy she went for it. I didn't know they even made pants merch, but there you go.

They don’t. She’s crazy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

kinetic77 posted:

I feel like people that call BC stale forget that Kenny and Marty are also a part of it.

Just say gently caress the Young Bucks. Save time.

Kenny is the only good part of Bullet Club. The Bucks are over exposed and been like this since 2012

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
During Kenny Omega's promo in the Columbus show, he shouted SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT. And of course since it was a Rick and Morty reference, all the men in the crowd started cheering wildly.

Society is dead.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Stex T posted:

During Kenny Omega's promo in the Columbus show, he shouted SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT. And of course since it was a Rick and Morty reference, all the men in the crowd started cheering wildly.

Society is dead.

did he smash a szechuan sauce packet in the ring and scoop a mcnugget in it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren:DARYL:siren:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Stex T posted:

Society is dead.
I was half-joking but I guess I called it

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Rick and Morty is so lame lol

Now excuse me while I mark out over this stuffed cat

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Rick and Morty is so lame lol

Now excuse me while I mark out over this stuffed cat

please dont conflate :daryl: with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN2CaVdE-fs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Kenny is the only good part of Bullet Club. The Bucks are over exposed and been like this since 2012

The Bucks became one of the best tag teams in 2012 when they really figured out what gets over and focused on that. They've improved since. They really did a lot of extraneous stuff in 09-12 that didn't really get a reaction or add to the match and since then they've been fantastic.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rick and Morty is funny but I also don’t base my life and existence around it

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sportsgenius86 posted:

Rick and Morty is funny but I also don’t base my life and existence around it

Is it worse than when everyone was quoting Family Guy after it got cancelled

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

EugeneJ posted:

Is it worse than when everyone was quoting Family Guy after it got cancelled

it's basically the new Breaking Bad for people missing the entire point and identifying with a sociopathic genocidal rear end in a top hat

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Rick and Morty is fine but it's a violent cartoon and I don't like those much.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

did anybody watch the ppv

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oatgan posted:

did anybody watch the ppv

I planned to but last minute plans got in the way, unfortunately.

I used to get every ROH PPV until their iPPV streaming got so bad that I just gave up in frustration, and I've largely fallen out of touch with the promotion since. That's a shame, because I've seen some really great shows and some excellent characters/wrestlers in ROH but they just seemed to lose all momentum for me a few years back.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ROH hasn't recovered among goons from the iPPV after Davey/Elgin where they had all the login issues and there wasn't an insane main event to save the show.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So what's all the stuff I'm hearing from britwres twitter about Marty Scurll being a nonce? There's a lot of thinly veiled references but no one outright saying anything.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What does that mean in English

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

'Es a right scallywag 'e is!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

He plays football regardless of if their's grass on the field. He frequently holidays in Thailand. A friend of Roman Polanski. His theme music should be Leader of the Gang.

Total Stoat the baw.

Edit: He tags with Jerry Lawler

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

he fucks children

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

he fucks children

I figured it was either that or he's some kind of pastry

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Noted child fucker Marty Scurl as well as Kenny Omega and C.O.D.Y. were added to the ROH 6 man championship and can defend it under Bullet Club rules, lol.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

exploded mummy posted:

he fucks children

source?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That's what we're all here to find out.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

ROH hasn't recovered among goons from the iPPV after Davey/Elgin where they had all the login issues and there wasn't an insane main event to save the show.

nah every ppv gets a thread with some interest especially the ones with new japan guys on the card

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I was responding to the question "what does being a nonce mean"

I try to stay away from wrestling twitter so I have no effin idea on the source or validity,

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

nah every ppv gets a thread with some interest especially the ones with new japan guys on the card

we didn't even make it to half a page with War of the Worlds and I never made a thread for Death Before dishonor because my uncle died and I had to go to his funeral, and I don't think anyone noticed

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
also I just realized we haven't had an All-Star Extravaganza yet this year and ROH doesn't seem to have a date scheduled, so I guess they silently killed it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

also I just realized we haven't had an All-Star Extravaganza yet this year and ROH doesn't seem to have a date scheduled, so I guess they silently killed it

They run it every other year, or at least that was the usual schedule.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

They run it every other year, or at least that was the usual schedule.

they had been running it annually for the last 4 years in a row and as a PPV for the last 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

they had been running it annually for the last 4 years in a row and as a PPV for the last 3

I have no memory of the 2015 edition, it seems made up.

• Locked thread