Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mike McCarthy just had his post game conference and said specifically that Hundley and Callahan are the Packers QBs going forward. Period. Dead stop.

Ain't gonna be no Kaep.

If there would be, he'd be some kind of weird floating 2nd/3rd string thing at best. Doesn't sound like they'll be looking for someone though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

The Packers aren't making the playoffs without him. Sorry.

Serious question: Who does?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

C-Euro posted:

I think it's the Vikes. That defense is good enough to get them there and they just got one head to head against the Packers.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

shirts and skins posted:

I think it's the Vikes. That defense is good enough to get them there and they just got one head to head against the Packers.

we dontk now if its impressive that the just got one against the packers yet. unless you just mean because it was a divisional game thats important

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

C-Euro posted:

From the NFC North? The Lions or Vikings. Or do you mean who makes the playoffs when your starting qb goes down? Almost nobody unless you have a really good defense that keeps the games low scoring in the first place.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

From the NFC North? The Lions or Vikings. Or do you mean who makes the playoffs when your starting qb goes down? Almost nobody unless you have a really good defense that keeps the games low scoring in the first place.

Or if your starter wasn't that great in the first place.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

nerve posted:

Bwah Gawd thats Case Keenums music!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Are the rodgers-less packers better or worse than the Bears?

I think they’re still better, tbh

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Packers sans Rodgers are better then the Trubisky Bears.

Hundley didn't look great (for many reasons), but after a few weeks of practice GBs WRs are good enough to put together a functioning offense, and their RBs are passable with a combination of Montgomery / Jones.

Their defense is still run by Dom Capers, but Mike Daniels is eally good and Clay Mathews is still himself. Clinton Dix is solid, but the rest of their secondary is hurt / bad.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
If the defense didn't just get picked apart by the Case Keenum led Vikings, I'd say there's still a chance.

Fire Dom Capers. All aboard the Hundley Train

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

GeneX posted:

Better than the Bears, but I think Mays was dead on last week saying Rodgers is more important to the Packers than any other player in the league to their team. This is a really mediocre team with a HoF quarterback.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

BGrifter posted:

Better than the Bears, but I think Mays was dead on last week saying Rodgers is more important to the Packers than any other player in the league to their team. This is a really mediocre team with a HoF quarterback.

I think there's an argument for Luck and the Colts, but yeah, the Packers are a group of good WRs, mediocre defensive players, and the best QB in the league

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

nerve posted:

I seem to remember this guy Thomas Brady taking over for his injured starter

I wonder what happened to that guy

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

GeneX posted:

With Glennon, probably. Definitely not with Trubisky, the D is actually at the point where it can wreck bad QBs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Boon posted:

I'm getting real sick of watching dead Packers starters every game for the better part of a decade.

Yeah, being a Packers fan has been real rough the last decade.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

VJeff posted:

.... and the one before that.

... and the one before that.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

VJeff posted:

Ah right, I'm sorry that because a team is good, literally no complaints or discussion about a persistent issue can ever be made.

Our humblest apologies as an entire fan base for seeing an ongoing problem and talking about it.

Packers fans, we need to leave the NFC north discussion thread as we should not discuss one of the four teams in the NFC north here.

In all seriousness though, I don't think anyone is saying "Man it sucks to be a packer fan" here, at all. I think people are saying "I see problems with this team". I think it's fair to talk about them, yea?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

The first one- who wins the division if the Packers don't have Rodgers the rest of the season?

They're not going to win the division, but thank gently caress Detroit won its road game against Minnesota. And their game in Detroit is Thanksgiving.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
yeah, that game has the potential to loom large later this season. Vikings would be in the catbird's seat if they'd scored a victory there. As it sits, they should be able to go into the bye at 6-2 with Case Keenum. Coming out of that, i think it all depends on the QB situation.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Looking over the schedule the rest of the way the Packers might still have an outside shot at a playoff spot. It's super unlikely, but not completely impossible.

They're 4-2 now with the Saints, Lions, Bears, Ravens, Steelers, Bucs, Browns, Panthers, Vikings and Lions on the schedule. I could imagine a universe in which they win against the Ravens, Bucs and Browns plus maybe 1-2 of the division games finishing around 8-8 or 9-7.

Odds are much better the season ends at something like 6-10 of course.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Ahem.

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress!

Thanks for your time.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
No worries, this is the perfect chance to draft the next Hall of Fame QB with whatever high pick they get next year.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I will say that your linebacker Martinez, looks real good. Good thing he's the only good player on the defense.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
We have a decent amount of good players on the defense. Mike Daniels is amazing, Clay Matthews still is a force, Clinton-Dix is solid, as is Nick Perry, and Kenny Clark is coming along nicely. The problem is a combination of always being racked by injuries, which results in anywhere from 2-5 new players being thrown into the Dom Capers Scheme, which only seems to work with completely healthy players in even-numbered months if it's a leap year.

Just a gut punch, timing wise, as even if Hundley is good, the rest of the team is so banged up he has little chance to shine.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Who else is excited to watch 10 more games of Matty Stafford hucking terrifying passes that nearly get intercepted every other down

Every time I think they've hit the ceiling the Lions manage to ratchet up the heart attack factor another level

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OxySnake posted:

Bwah Gawd thats Case KeenumsTeddy Bridgewater's music!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Don't do it to yourselves. Case is better than Teddy.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
like, right now? yeah, Teddy needs practice and the first few games would be rough. His upside is a lot better than Case.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Teddy is going to start after the Bye Week

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

IcePhoenix posted:

Teddy is going to start after the Bye Week

Bold move starting a one legged QB but it might just be crazy enough to work. 50% less ankle tackles.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lions are lucky they have the bye now. I think the only healthy o-line person is Glasgow and he isn't any good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/919938601332420608

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

When is the official status of Rodgers coming? I.e. IR, designated to return?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Whenever they need to make a roster move (like signing Joe Callahan off the practice squad).

e: also, they don't need to designate him for return of they put him on the IR. they changed that rule this offseason.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Mitch, the only good QB in the division, is going to lead the bears to the playoffs with a 6-10 record

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

Mitch, the only good QB in the division, is going to lead the bears to the playoffs with a 6-10 record

I still can't believe they won against the Raven's. How does Barth not shank the game winning field goal? Isn't that why we hired him in the first place?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I hope he comes back strong. I felt just awful for him getting hurt so terribly in the most Vikings way possible.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Will be pouring one out for Rodgers tonight.

Hope surgery goes well, heal up buddy.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Sataere posted:

I still can't believe they won against the Raven's. How does Barth not shank the game winning field goal? Isn't that why we hired him in the first place?

The team just keeps giving a poo poo despite Fox's best efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Filthy Casual posted:

The team just keeps giving a poo poo despite Fox's best efforts.

I don't mind a couple wins here and there, so long as Fox is fired at the end of this season.

I gotta admit, I think I like Loggins. He might actually be a good OC.

• Locked thread