Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Its the Johnny Cash song "One piece at a time" but in the grim darkness of the far future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

i mean I wouldn't normally mock a greenstuff WIP but :godwin:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Girl-Hitler is the one Venture Bros conversion that I don't condone.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
The greenstuff work is great, tho.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Saint Drogo posted:

Seriouspost - I think he's just filling in/resculpting the tip of her nose though? Noses are a magnet for airbubbles on resin pieces.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Saint Drogo posted:

Yeah I feel like this is probably some damage repair rather than full Hitler. I would expect some other stuff on here like iron crosses/swastikas if that were the case

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wow, nothing gets past you guys!

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

cmon people

the pasties de lys are quality though.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Saint Drogo posted:

cmon people

the pasties de lys are quality though.

A lovely pair indeed.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Z the IVth posted:

Seriouspost - I think he's just filling in/resculpting the tip of her nose though? Noses are a magnet for airbubbles on resin pieces.

:thejoke:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
This gallery I just saw on Imgur isn't even a Warham, but it's too pretty not to share:

Fully gallery, with build pics.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Wrong thread.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

i've had these on my harddrive for a while and can't remember where they came from. i think there was a full army of sculpts to go with them

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I didn't know there was a King of Dragon Pass minis game.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Ilor posted:

Wrong thread.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

I swear there are some emotes I just fail to parse because I grew up with the wrong generation of cartoons.

Thankfully quoting you to make this reply has made it all clear to me. :downsgun:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

I swear there are some emotes I just fail to parse because I grew up with the wrong generation of cartoons.

Did you grow up with steamboat willie or something.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I got it through cultural osmosis, myself

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JcDent posted:

I like how they had regulations for WYSIWYG testing before they had a model.

If you want to get ranges and silhouettes for LOS correct, then you should probably try to get as close to the finished product as possible. I'm pretty sure this was the rationale.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

berzerkmonkey posted:

If you want to get ranges and silhouettes for LOS correct, then you should probably try to get as close to the finished product as possible. I'm pretty sure this was the rationale.

Surely a 3d cardboard analogue (think two sheets of card notched together) would do just as well and more cheaply than slapping no end of plasticard together?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My verisimilitude! etc

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Lunatics running the asylum, etc.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

Did you grow up with steamboat willie or something.

I used to get cartoons about 5-10yrs out of date? So the last lot I stopped watching aired in the early/mid-90s. There were lots of Looney Tunes type shows inky childhood.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

The McBain "that's the joke" episode came out in 1995?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

I didn't know it was possible to love and hate something so much simultaneously.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

"YAAAAASSS!"

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Looks better than kinda doggy wild men in power jorts at least.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Moola posted:

"YAAAAASSS!"

The freehand on the banner is so drat good . . . it always mystifies me how some hobbyists can be so gifted and also so blind to the problems with their ideas.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
yeah it pisses me off when I see something like a fantastic paintjob on a model with an rear end pose

ughhhhhhhhhh

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pretty sure that banner was printed out, the ruins on the armor are way more squiggly looking

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

pretty sure that banner was printed out, the ruins on the armor are way more squiggly looking

Looking, you're probably right, but given the size of the picture I think the freehand on the armour still qualifies as a fairly advanced touch, pretty well executed.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Instar Paint is a new paint company and they want to show you some examples of their product in action.

Let's see what they have here...

That's not bad.

I guess they're tying to show off OSL...

William Wallace seems to be standing on astroturf.

HEY YOU GUYS

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

"if only GW made skull heads!" :mad:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Bucnasti posted:

Instar Paint is a new paint company and they want to show you some examples of their product in action.

Let's see what they have here...

That's not bad.

I guess they're tying to show off OSL...

William Wallace seems to be standing on astroturf.

HEY YOU GUYS

The mismatched marine eyes kill me. I mean the other ones are way worse but goddamn those eyes.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I recently made the switch from Citadel to Vallejo.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I don't find there is any difference? Other than more sensible naming. And price.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, what i've noticed is that, the colours grow brighter in descending order? I only know that because they're all numbered and even then, it's jumbled in places.

Also, i just think i did a garbage job of it.

Irate Tree fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Oct 22, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It might be the colourblindness, but I like him. Some historical dyes were pretty punchy, so he's not absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Yeah, looks fine. Definitely tabletop quality.

This thread is more for people who can't "colour within the lines" or have made some sort of unique monstrosity out of green stuff.